PDA

View Full Version : When did Lebron drag a bad team to contention?

3ba11
12-24-2021, 12:26 PM
The all-star duo of Zydrunas/Lebron stole their opponent's sidekick (Hughes) to become a high seed in 2006, so they always had high seeds/good teams relative to the weak East.

1-star teams like Iverson, Kidd or Dwight made the Finals just like 07' Lebron, and Lebron had the best 2nd option in the conference in 18'.. So he never carried a bad team to contention - he actually failed to carry lottery casts to low playoff seeds in 04', 05', and 19', so he only had high seeds/good teams relative to his conference.

GrayGoat
12-24-2021, 12:48 PM
Did LeBron fvck your mom or something?

3ba11
12-24-2021, 12:52 PM
Did LeBron fvck your mom or something?

Lebron ruined basketball like Shumpert said

And he ruined TV for me

All these ignorant journalists getting his game and career wrong, which messes up their perception of everyone else and the game in general.

His collusions/resume manufacturing and simpleton, AAU skillset made me stop watching the game I loved

John8204
12-24-2021, 01:06 PM
You guys are really obsessed with Lebron and MJ on this forum.....

The 76er's had DPOY, MVP, and 6th Man that year they made the finals

Jason Kidd had a group of solid role players and he is one of the great points of all-time so he was able to elevate them

Howard's team was a bit more balanced, Zydrunas was okay I actually thought that Varejao was the 2nd best player on that team coming off the bench

3ba11
12-24-2021, 01:15 PM
You guys are really obsessed with Lebron and MJ on this forum.....

The 76er's had DPOY, MVP, and 6th Man that year they made the finals

Jason Kidd had a group of solid role players and he is one of the great points of all-time so he was able to elevate them

Howard's team was a bit more balanced, Zydrunas was okay I actually thought that Varejao was the 2nd best player on that team coming off the bench

you can make Iverson and Dwight's teams sound good but the Cavs were, "good" too..

The 07' Cavs had the #4 defense (better than the 1st three-peat Bulls) and more scoring options, including 2x all-star Zydrunas and a 22/5/5 all-defender acquisition (Hughes)...

Lebron was gifted a player that was achieving prime Pippen stats (Hughes) but destroyed him just like he did many other stars or budding stars (Ingram, Jamison, Kuzma, Bosh, Love, Clarkson, Rose, etc)

Ultimately, the 00's East was the only conference in history that was won by a bunch of 1-star teams, yet that's the conference that Lebron formed super-teams in (definition of stacking the deck)

1987_Lakers
12-24-2021, 01:19 PM

3ba11
12-24-2021, 01:22 PM

Love was the best 2nd option in the conference, so those Cavs were a strong 2-star team with goat experience - they were veteran champion high seed that barely beat a rookie underdog team that was missing their best player...

Otoh, Jordan led a low seed over the #1 SRS team in 89'..

Ultimately, Lebron never carried the scoring load in the Finals, and never beat a top 5 SRS team with poor scoring and efficiency from a sidekick (no carry-jobs against good teams in 2 decades of playing).

StrongLurk
12-24-2021, 01:28 PM
When did Kobe drag a bad team to contention?

1987_Lakers
12-24-2021, 01:28 PM
15/10 on 39fg% for Love. LeBron basically carried his team to the Finals with a worse version of Horace Grant.

Full Court
12-24-2021, 01:30 PM
Lebron ruined basketball like Shumpert said

And he ruined TV for me

All these ignorant journalists getting his game and career wrong, which messes up their perception of everyone else and the game in general.

His collusions/resume manufacturing and simpleton, AAU skillset made me stop watching the game I loved

Bro, you gotta ignore the media and the trolls on here. Just enjoy the game of basketball. It's a beautiful sport.

And the Lakers suck this year, so you get to watch Lebron lose over and over.

StrongLurk
12-24-2021, 03:33 PM
Bro, you gotta ignore the media and the trolls on here. Just enjoy the game of basketball. It's a beautiful sport.

And the Lakers suck this year, so you get to watch Lebron lose over and over.

Trust me, the three ball account owner is completely miserable with his life and incapable of enjoying basketball...he has literally said this over and over again for more than decade. No one can help him.

ELITEpower23
12-24-2021, 04:03 PM
*didn't

Hey Yo
12-24-2021, 04:16 PM
When did Kobe drag a bad team to contention?

Never.... that's why he publicly demanded a trade cause he saw how hard it was to be successful as first option.