PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas from ISH….

Kblaze8855
12-24-2021, 09:45 PM
…..is for some of you 75 thousand registered accounts to actually make topics when you come across something interesting about the game. Even if it isn’t interesting to many other people. You’re on a site full of serious fans who actually would have an opinion on Cuttino Mobley vs Malcolm Brogdan.

I know all 75K aren’t active and I’m sure 25k are alts but that’s still hundreds of you daily who may have never made a topic.

I make topics about absolutely nothing out of boredom. Give it a shot. Anything to change the subject. Give people like you who are probably sick of the trolling something else to talk about.

Im sitting at my girlfriends grandparents house having just setup their new printer and laptop we got them and now I’m watching her papa watch YouTube videos on hair growth. This is the exact kind of boredom that should be broken up by a dumb topic on Tony Parker or your favorite player from childhood.

Help me out. Barely anything real to respond to in these times.

Full Court
12-24-2021, 10:01 PM
I just want to know why we drive on parkways and park on driveways.

L.Kizzle
12-24-2021, 10:07 PM
I got one.

highwhey
12-24-2021, 10:11 PM
if youre bored, you can always unmask alt accounts, match their ip address to their main

Spurs m8
12-24-2021, 10:19 PM
I actually miss Tony Parker.

Who would have thought

tpols
12-24-2021, 10:26 PM
if youre bored, you can always unmask alt accounts, match their ip address to their main

This.

Unmask the alts.

Then the true creativity will flourish.

HunterSThompson
12-24-2021, 10:26 PM
75 thousand registered accounts to actually make topics when you come across something interesting about the game. Even if it isn’t interesting to many other people

74,000 of them are Steve though

and 950 of the other 1000 stopped posting here

Baller789
12-24-2021, 10:49 PM
Proper moderating...

But that's not gonna happen. :lol

Merry Christmas everyone!

RRR3
12-24-2021, 11:28 PM
:applause:

Jasper
12-25-2021, 12:22 AM
kblaze I am trying ....

It's the inartistic young pups that put a sentence to start a topic = apathetic

ThRRR3tardSatan
12-25-2021, 01:57 AM
…..is for some of you 75 thousand registered accounts

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1800000/IASIP-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-1889520-463-454.jpg

Dude, there aren't even 75 different people posting on this forum.

You need to quit huffing paint.

Phoenix
12-25-2021, 10:16 AM
I've made one or two threads. Nothing gains traction unless its a MJ/Lebron/Kobe/Curry topic ( or players used as lightning rods like Pippen etc). The environment here has mostly been fostered for trolling and stanning( and the admins tacitly allow it if not outright facilitate it in some cases) but keep hope alive I guess.

ThRRR3tardSatan
12-25-2021, 11:32 AM
I've made one or two threads. Nothing gains traction unless its a MJ/Lebron/Kobe/Curry topic ( or players used as lightning rods like Pippen etc). The environment here has mostly been fostered for trolling and stanning( and the admins tacitly allow it if not outright facilitate it in some cases) but keep hope alive I guess.

For real.

Giannis winning MVPs and a championship... they're talking about a fruitcake geezer bitch on a 16-17 team. They don't even care about basketball, they're more interested in Space Jam 2.

Kblaze8855
12-25-2021, 12:03 PM

While there’s truth to that when you read those topics it’s the same 5-6 people in them. It’s clear the majority don’t take interest in those repetitive arguments but the nuts who do are content to talk to each other about it till the end of time. Gives a false sense of what the board is into because normal people can’t/won’t keep up. The thousands who don’t reply to those topics daily are far more indicative than the 6-7 who do and the extra dozen who pop in and out of them.

highwhey
12-25-2021, 12:47 PM
While there’s truth to that when you read those topics it’s the same 5-6 people in them. It’s clear the majority don’t take interest in those repetitive arguments but the nuts who do are content to talk to each other about it till the end of time. Gives a false sense of what the board is into because normal people can’t/won’t keep up. The thousands who don’t reply to those topics daily are far more indicative than the 6-7 who do and the extra dozen who pop in and out of them.

:roll:

warriorfan
12-25-2021, 01:03 PM
:roll:

Yeah that is almost as optimistic as you quitting drinking. :lol

Kblaze8855
12-25-2021, 01:07 PM
You would be surprised. There were peaks of several thousand at once even 15-20 years ago with far less users. People come here they just don’t say anything.

highwhey
12-25-2021, 01:29 PM
You would be surprised. There were peaks of several thousand at once even 15-20 years ago with far less users. People come here they just don’t say anything.

most of the traffic on this site are bots...you know, those posters that try to slip into a random thread and then promote a product or service. that happens bc ISH is indexed on google. there are people that send crawlers to check on sites like this for an opportunity to promote their service/product.

so no, there aren't actual thousands of real live human beings reading this forum.

Kblaze8855
12-25-2021, 01:46 PM
Not right now I’m sure. At any given moment there’s many unregistered guests who could be anything/one. The number of them who have anything to say has declined but many used to post. Hundreds of ISH people were on my off court forum over like 10 years and absolutely none of them were bots. It was a tiny fraction of people in the NBA forum here. I just had that forum because at the time there were only basketball forums here.

I know for a fact thousands of people were here in those days because I used to have to pay for hosting the NBA videos I made so I could see the number downloads. This was pre YouTube where I’d have to upload on 3-4 sites and they would all kick me off eventually for too many downloads a month. I’d have 1500 in an afternoon at times. And we got way bigger in the years after that.

meat
12-25-2021, 02:44 PM
I try. I get ignored about 99% of the time because a few weirdos are too caught up in their homo foreplay. Get it on already boys.