PDA

View Full Version : Post your best team of players who never made the all-star game or an all-nba team

12-25-2021, 02:58 PM
PG:
SG:
SF:
PF:
C:

6th man:

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 03:09 PM
Gotta make separate list. There are player with all star appereances and no all nba selections and vice versa.

12-25-2021, 03:10 PM
Gotta make separate list. There are player with all star appereances and no all nba selections and vice versa.
I mean guys who have neither if that wasn't clear. So no Rod Strickland and no Kyle Korver

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 03:15 PM
I mean guys who have neither if that wasn't clear. So no Rod Strickland and no Kyle Korver
Okay, gotcha.

Kblaze8855
12-25-2021, 03:16 PM
Maybe not the best collection of talent but off my head in modern times….

Kirk Hinrich
Ron Harper
Doug Christie
Lamar Odom
Marcus Camby

Jason Terry off the bench.

And yes I know Harper isn’t “modern” to most of you but I needed a dynamic 2 and he was one at one point. There are some other 80s lesser known types I could use but none of you know Purvis Short so why bother?

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 03:18 PM
Without looking it up.

PG: Mike Bibby
SG: Ron Harper
SF: Josh Smith
PF: Sam Perkins
C: Marcus Camby (was not an all star but can't remember if he sneaked an all nba team in his career)
6: Jamal Crawford

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 03:20 PM

Kirk Hinrich
Ron Harper
Doug Christie
Lamar Odom
Marcus Camby

And yes I know Harper isn’t “modern” to most of you but I needed a dynamic 2 and he was one at one point. There are some other 80s lesser known types I could use but none of you know Purvis Short so why bother?
Forgot about Lamar. Might use him as my 3 in place of Josh Smith.

1987_Lakers
12-25-2021, 03:26 PM
C - Camby
F - Odom
F - Michael Cooper
G - R. Harper
G - Conley
6M - J. Terry

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 03:27 PM
C - Camby
F - Perkins
F - Odom
G - R. Harper
G - Conley
6M - J. Terry
Conley made All Star team last season.

1987_Lakers
12-25-2021, 03:30 PM
Conley made All Star team last season.

Camby
Perkins
Cooper
Terry
Derek Harper
6M - Odom

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-25-2021, 03:32 PM
Jamal Murray is a good one. He led nuggets to the west finals in points and assists, they also kind of suck this season without him. We will see if he keeps up his bubble play though.

Xiao Yao You
12-25-2021, 04:02 PM

Kirk Hinrich
Ron Harper
Doug Christie
Lamar Odom
Marcus Camby

some of us remember never nervous Purvis

Xiao Yao You
12-25-2021, 04:04 PM
Darrell Griffith put up some all star type numbers before Layden benched him in favor of Bobby Hansen :facepalm

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 04:19 PM
Darrell Griffith put up some all star type numbers before Layden benched him in favor of Bobby Hansen :facepalm
There are a lot of high scoring wings available.
Jalen Rose
Jim Jackson
Rudy Gay
Vernon Maxwell

Kblaze8855
12-25-2021, 04:22 PM

https://youtu.be/DEAJOF2CdQ0

One of the few who would fit right in with no adjustment today. He’d work on the three more but he already had the willingness and basic skill set which is usually the problem with guards 40 years ago.

Akeem34TheDream
12-25-2021, 04:28 PM
****, Danny Granger and Gerald Wallace, two of my favorite players all time, both made the all-star game once. Hedo is in. Oof Iguoadala made it once too. I just love 1 time allstars i guess. Eric Gordon makes it. Kirilenko made it once damn it. I'd put Horry in. Jason Terry and Al Jefferson make it too i guess?
Terry
Gordon
Hedo
Horry
Al Jefferson
One time all stars have some pretty underrated guys.

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 04:30 PM
What about some bigs? Besides Purvis, you had Michael Cage, Brian Grant, Sabonis

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 04:34 PM
****, Danny Granger and Gerald Wallace, two of my favorite players all time, both made the all-star game once. Hedo is in. Oof Iguoadala made it once too. I just love 1 time allstars i guess. Eric Gordon makes it. Kirilenko made it once damn it. I'd put Horry in. Jason Terry and Al Jefferson make it too i guess?
Terry
Gordon
Hedo
Horry
Al Jefferson
All of these bigs made at least one All Star game between 90-2000.
AC Green
Otis Thorpe
Kevin Willis
Pacers front line of Rik Smits and the Davis Boys (Dale & Antonio)
Charles Oakley
Anthony Mason
Vlade Divac
Tyrone Hill
Theo Ratliff
Juwon Howard
Antonio McDyese
Jayson Williams

Akeem34TheDream
12-25-2021, 04:37 PM
What about some bigs? Besides Purvis, you had Michael Cage, Brian Grant, Sabonis

Oh Sabonis... He is starting then.

12-25-2021, 04:58 PM
Terry
Gordon
Hedo
Horry
Al Jefferson
Al made all-nba

Xiao Yao You
12-25-2021, 07:44 PM
Terry
Gordon
Hedo
Horry
Al Jefferson

Jefferson the inefficient black hole

Xiao Yao You
12-25-2021, 07:45 PM

Purvis wasn't a big

Xiao Yao You
12-25-2021, 07:46 PM
https://youtu.be/DEAJOF2CdQ0

One of the few who would fit right in with no adjustment today. He’d work on the three more but he already had the willingness and basic skill set which is usually the problem with guards 40 years ago.

D and his handle would still be a question. They did get better as his career went on

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 07:52 PM
Purvis wasn't a big
Was thinking Ellison lol because someone said Never Nervous lol.

Xiao Yao You
12-25-2021, 07:54 PM
Was thinking Ellison lol because someone said Never Nervous lol.

that's right. Wrong guy for that nickname. My bad :lol

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 08:01 PM
that's right. Wrong guy for that nickname. My bad :lol
All good first time both guys probably mentioned on this forum ever lol.
Here's another one, Kevin Porter.

Reggie43
12-26-2021, 04:01 AM
pg: D. Harper
sg: Petrovic
sf: R. Harper
pf: Odom
C: S. Perkins

sixth man: PJ Brown

L.Kizzle
12-26-2021, 06:13 AM
sg: Petrovic
sf: R. Harper

Drazen was an All NBA team selection.

Reggie43
12-26-2021, 06:44 AM
Drazen was an All NBA team selection.

Picked drazen as a non allstar in a similar thread and assumed he didnt have an all nba selection lol.

I guess I would just slide Ron Harper to the guard spot and pick up the Rifleman as my small forward.

sg: R. Harper
sf: Chuck Person