PDA

View Full Version : GT Warriors vs Suns

bison
12-25-2021, 06:18 PM
Dingo Claus bout to bring that massive yuletide log and a fat sack on them Suns :rockon:

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 06:44 PM
That should be an offensive foul on CP3. Unless he was shooting a 90 foot jumper.

Akeem34TheDream
12-25-2021, 06:49 PM
If the game goes to clutch, Suns will win. The other option is a Warriors blowout.

bison
12-25-2021, 06:52 PM
Dingo and draymond got all these scrubs on the warriors playing like the 87 lakers. Ball movement has been so good.

bison
12-25-2021, 07:07 PM
So many scrubs on this warrior team. How the FVCK does curry have these guys with the second best record in the NBA with a significantly worse roster than the one Lebron has??

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 08:15 PM
Dr J layup

bison
12-25-2021, 08:16 PM
Warriors are fun to watch again. Props to Kerr for implementing such a great system :bowdown: I wish he were lakers coach

bison
12-25-2021, 08:17 PM
Dingo in the Desert: 33 pts with 6:46 to go :bowdown:

HylianNightmare
12-25-2021, 08:17 PM
What a reverse by kuminga

SpaceJammeR
12-25-2021, 08:23 PM
So many scrubs on this warrior team. How the FVCK does curry have these guys with the second best record in the NBA with a significantly worse roster than the one Lebron has??

warriors have people that can shoot. lakers got russ, rondo, dj, dwight, tht. guys that can't shoot at all. lol

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 08:34 PM
Are WARRIORS the team to beat?

1987_Lakers
12-25-2021, 08:36 PM
I don't see the hype on Booker everyone else sees.

L.Kizzle
Warriors and Suns - Wildcard Utah

Bucks and Nets - Wildcard Chicago

hold this L
How the **** did the Suns lose? :lol

Iggy out
Klay out
Wiseman out
Wiggins out
Poole out

Even 3 of the top 4 assistant coaches are out

And you still lose at home?

L.Kizzle
12-25-2021, 08:37 PM
I don't see the hype on Booker everyone else sees.
He scored 70 points tho.

hold this L
12-25-2021, 08:37 PM
https://c.tenor.com/fWg9gm1CrdYAAAAC/lebron-james-crying.gif

imdaman99
12-25-2021, 08:47 PM
Otto Porter goes off at the end of the game like that, next man up. Warriors got high IQ role players, gonna be hard to beat :lol

highwhey
12-25-2021, 08:51 PM

Iggy out
Klay out
Wiseman out
Wiggins out
Poole out

because they have a lot of good youngings that can shoot alongside the greatest 3pt shooter ever.

i still don't think they will be this good in the playoffs. curry has been contained before and that team is only as good as curry. he doesn't do well with tighter and more physical defense which the playoffs always has.

Stephonit
12-25-2021, 10:06 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!

hold this L
12-25-2021, 10:25 PM
because they have a lot of good youngings that can shoot alongside the greatest 3pt shooter ever.

i still don't think they will be this good in the playoffs. curry has been contained before and that team is only as good as curry. he doesn't do well with tighter and more physical defense which the playoffs always has.

Boy you better get your ass up out of here. Suns have played an injured Warriors team all 3 times, only winning with Steph having his worst shooting night of his career. The only hope for the Suns not to get their ass kicked during PS is Warriors to get injured.

You're a crappy, made in China version of the Warriors but without a superstar.

highwhey
12-25-2021, 10:36 PM
Boy you better get your ass up out of here. Suns have played an injured Warriors team all 3 times, only winning with Steph having his worst shooting night of his career. The only hope for the Suns not to get their ass kicked during PS is Warriors to get injured.

You're a crappy, made in China version of the Warriors but without a superstar.
we won that game without booker....

injuries are a part of the game. no excuses.

and ayton is still getting warmed up, he'll figure out how to make himself a threat against the small ball lineup. we can go small and big with our 2 7 footers. not to mention we didn't play all that physical tonight on defense, feel happy all you want. it's a RS game. it was intense, but the defense isn't the same, and you know that. curry gets bothered when he gets pushed around. we have the overall talent advantage.

ayton and booker come alive during the playoffs as they proved last year right up until they faced giannis.

and them not having one clear superstar is what makes the chemistry work, they play for each other and any night one of them can go off. whereas curry has to play stellar to get the W. we all saw how great it was when it's just him and scrubs out there. he needs dray commanding the defense and some good 3pt shooters to pass to.

hold this L
12-25-2021, 10:38 PM
we won that game without booker....

injuries are a part of the game. no excuses.

and ayton is still getting warmed up, he'll figure out how to make himself a threat against the small ball lineup. we can go small and big with our 2 7 footers. not to mention we didn't play all that physical tonight on defense, feel happy all you want. it's a RS game. it was intense, but the defense isn't the same, and you know that. curry gets bothered when he gets pushed around. we have the overall talent advantage.

ayton and booker come alive during the playoffs as they proved last year right up until they faced giannis.

and them not having one clear superstar is what makes the chemistry work, they play for each other and any night one of them can go off. whereas curry has to play stellar to get the W. we all saw how great it was when it's just him and scrubs out there. he needs dray commanding the defense and some good 3pt shooters to pass to.

I don't need a team that doesn't know what winning a championship means to tell me the worth of a regular season game.

highwhey
12-25-2021, 10:46 PM
I don't need a team that doesn't know what winning a championship means to tell me the worth of a regular season game.

oh thats right, you guys won 73 that year and lost in the finals. you're right, you absolutely know what it means.

hold this L
12-25-2021, 10:50 PM
oh thats right, you guys won 73 that year and lost in the finals. you're right, you absolutely know what it means.

How many championships does your poverty franchise have again? Hold this L

highwhey
12-25-2021, 11:06 PM
How many championships does your poverty franchise have again? Hold this L

yeah, i knew that one would hurt you.

and it's all good man, you're the one bringing up injuries as an excuse for losing to us one time this season...meanwhile in more important games you guys had the upper hand because of injuries...finals against Bron. you have to be the luckiest franchise of all time to go up against an all time great and win because his 2nd option was injured. i don't take your titles seriously. not a single legitimate title. all asterisk wins. it was either the result of injuries or having the most stacked team of all time (video game level stacked lol). and in the moments when curry had to be resilient to win, he didn't show up...hence choking a 3-1 lead.

i do have to give you props for causing one of the most iconic playoff final moments though. i always like to revisit the chasedown block. that's why i don't take this team seriously, they're great during the RS, but unless they have a stacked team or have the advantage of facing a team with catastrophic injuries, their knees get weak and they choke.

hold this L
12-25-2021, 11:11 PM
yeah, i knew that one would hurt you.

and it's all good man, you're the one bringing up injuries as an excuse for losing to us one time this season...meanwhile in more important games you guys had the upper hand because of injuries...finals against Bron. you have to be the luckiest franchise of all time to go up against an all time great and win because his 2nd option was injured. i don't take your titles seriously. not a single legitimate title. all asterisk wins. it was either the result of injuries or having the most stacked team of all time (video game level stacked lol). and in the moments when curry had to be resilient to win, he didn't show up...hence choking a 3-1 lead.

i do have to give you props for causing one of the most iconic playoff final moments though. i always like to revisit the chasedown block. that's why i don't take this team seriously, they're great during the RS, but unless they have a stacked team or have the advantage of facing a team with catastrophic injuries, their knees get weak and they choke.
This is known as a Christmas meltdown. You have no championships, you lost to the Warriors C team and Klay isn't even back yet. Good thing is that your leader CP is already familiar to being one of Curry's favourite suns during the PS.

I have no reason to be mad or triggered dummy, my team washed yours at home missing half the useable players. Just be happy you made 1 NBA finals. Window's gone now. A fan of a team that doesn't know what winning a ring wants to talk about losing finals. The audacity :lol

https://ladyclever.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/bye-bye-gif.gif

highwhey
12-25-2021, 11:15 PM
not one single legitimate title.

72-10
12-26-2021, 12:58 AM
I missed this game - any great treys in it?

Blazers32
12-26-2021, 01:54 AM
Lakers thread has 215+ posts. This thread lol doesnt even have 30.

wagexslave
12-26-2021, 02:22 AM
Was a tough loss but oh well. Warriors honestly don't scare me in a 7 game series where we'd be putting in more effort than I saw today. Warriors looked like they wanted it more, they were fighting their asses off for boards and saving loose balls etc. I respect the hustle, but I don't think the Suns play was indicative of the playoffs. Played lazier than the Warriors, Book had an off shooting night, and we lost by single digits. Oh well.

There's definitely some matchups we need to exploit there more, especially Ayton. Warriors don't have anyone who can hang with Ayton in the paint especially when he's putting playoff level effort. And we need to find the balance of trying to stop Steph and trying to stop the rest of the Warriors. I'd like to see less double teams on Steph. Mikal alone is capable of limiting him to the shooting percentages I can accept, we just cant lose sight and let these other random youngins burning us getting wide open looks because we're too worried about Steph. I'd rather let Steph live and die by his jumper, especially with Mikal in his face, than give up free buckets to everyone else.

I'm not worried about Klay either yet. No guarantee he's going to still be all that good when he's back after having multiple major surgeries and years of sitting on his ass. And based on the fact that they're STILL not playing him and literally sending him to the G League even though he's supposedly healthy, that's not exactly a good look.

bdonovan
12-26-2021, 02:32 AM
As a Warriors fan, I was glad to see the Suns underutilize Ayton. Again. Just like when we beat them by over 20 points last time.

Ayton was scoring with ease. 80% FG. Just raising up and shooting over whomever Warrior was guarding him. Yet Booker took 2x as many shots as him (at ~27% FG). GSW does NOT have a player who can contain Ayton. Suns have had 3 opportunities to learn this lesson, and they ignored them each time. In other words, they won't wisen up.

Suns coach is not bright enough to exploit this mismatch. The Suns team as a whole needs to get behind this strategy to feed Ayton. And they won't.

The Suns are a good team. They are not a great team. A great team wouldn't keep making this mistake. Neither the coach nor the players think strategically. And there are too many egos on the Suns who just have to shoot the ball X number of times versus doing what's best for the team.

Talent-wise, the Suns might be better than the Warriors, but without basketball IQ and selflessness, the Suns are less than the sum of their parts.

Having beaten them by over 20 points, and now beating them WITHOUT 3 of our starters, I really have no concerns. More focused on the Bucks and Jazz as competitors.

hold this L
12-26-2021, 03:58 AM
Was a tough loss but oh well. Warriors honestly don't scare me in a 7 game series where we'd be putting in more effort than I saw today. Warriors looked like they wanted it more, they were fighting their asses off for boards and saving loose balls etc. I respect the hustle, but I don't think the Suns play was indicative of the playoffs. Played lazier than the Warriors, Book had an off shooting night, and we lost by single digits. Oh well.

There's definitely some matchups we need to exploit there more, especially Ayton. Warriors don't have anyone who can hang with Ayton in the paint especially when he's putting playoff level effort. And we need to find the balance of trying to stop Steph and trying to stop the rest of the Warriors. I'd like to see less double teams on Steph. Mikal alone is capable of limiting him to the shooting percentages I can accept, we just cant lose sight and let these other random youngins burning us getting wide open looks because we're too worried about Steph. I'd rather let Steph live and die by his jumper, especially with Mikal in his face, than give up free buckets to everyone else.

I'm not worried about Klay either yet. No guarantee he's going to still be all that good when he's back after having multiple major surgeries and years of sitting on his ass. And based on the fact that they're STILL not playing him and literally sending him to the G League even though he's supposedly healthy, that's not exactly a good look.
How is the Warriors taking their time with a guy whose been out for 2 years not a great look? Not saying Klay is coming back 100%, but them taking their time with him is not an indication that he's washed. It just means they can be careful with him and Wiseman and still end up first in the league, while beating the 2nd placed team at their own court missing half their useable players.

hold this L
12-26-2021, 04:03 AM
As a Warriors fan, I was glad to see the Suns underutilize Ayton. Again. Just like when we beat them by over 20 points last time.

Ayton was scoring with ease. 80% FG. Just raising up and shooting over whomever Warrior was guarding him. Yet Booker took 2x as many shots as him (at ~27% FG). GSW does NOT have a player who can contain Ayton. Suns have had 3 opportunities to learn this lesson, and they ignored them each time. In other words, they won't wisen up.

Suns coach is not bright enough to exploit this mismatch. The Suns team as a whole needs to get behind this strategy to feed Ayton. And they won't.

The Suns are a good team. They are not a great team. A great team wouldn't keep making this mistake. Neither the coach nor the players think strategically. And there are too many egos on the Suns who just have to shoot the ball X number of times versus doing what's best for the team.

Talent-wise, the Suns might be better than the Warriors, but without basketball IQ and selflessness, the Suns are less than the sum of their parts.

Having beaten them by over 20 points, and now beating them WITHOUT 3 of our starters, I really have no concerns. More focused on the Bucks and Jazz as competitors.
Jazz are a worry for RS, not PS. You work on switches and matchups vs the Jazz while defending the 3 which the Warriors are the best in the league at, and they'll fold during the PS. Bucks/Nets is a whole other story.

The issue with Ayton is that are 2 alphas on the team, and he isn't one of them. If Book isn't taking the shots, CP3 will. Those guys alternate and won't use him like you said. He also doesn't have the type of personality to get the ball, when it's damn clear he's the biggest worry vs the Warriors. CP3 and Booker are elite, but Warriors have guard depth for days. GPII, Draymond, Wiggins, maybe even Klay once he's back. All very elite defenders. Suns should be embarrassed to lose this game. I honestly expected a 15 point loss with all these injuries, and the boys somehow turned it around. Massive, massive win. Not just for the 1st place seeding, but some long-term mental edge they will have over these guys.

12-26-2021, 07:20 AM

Iggy out
Klay out
Wiseman out
Wiggins out
Poole out

One guy wasn't out:pimp:

Stephonit
12-26-2021, 07:49 AM
Lakers thread has 215+ posts. This thread lol doesnt even have 30.

I'm guessing 90% of the posts in that thread are complaints. As a Warriors fan what's there to complain about?

hold this L
12-26-2021, 12:19 PM
One guy wasn't out:pimp:

https://i.gifer.com/ABxK.gif

Axe
12-28-2021, 02:29 AM
You ethering that son of a bitch must've made him fume a lot. :ohwell:

Axe
12-28-2021, 02:32 AM
Anyway, it can't be overlooked that andre iguodala's return to the warriors must've contributed to their major turnaround too.