PDA

View Full Version : What is the best/most ideal LeBron + AD team? (realistic)

Im Still Ballin
12-25-2021, 11:54 PM
IMO you need 2 primary things:

Shooting + defense.

You need to also account for AD's lack of an outside shot. You ideally want 4 shooters out there.

I think something like this would be ideal.

Caruso (9m ish)
KCP (13m ish)
LeBron (max)
AD (max)
Myles Turner (18m ish)

Turner allows AD to play the 4 and roam/switch out as a free safety on defense. Offensively, it spaces the paint out for AD to dominate.

The perimeter defense and switching ability would be dope.

The only weakness that lineup would have is its dependence on LeBron to create. Caruso can be a secondary playmaker but as a scorer? He's a roleplayer.

They'd need a guy off the bench that can provide some floor generalship. Like what Darren Collison was before he retired. Someone who can actually score, not a Rondo type.

Spurs m8
12-26-2021, 12:06 AM
IMO you need 2 primary things:

Shooting + defense.

You need to also account for AD's lack of an outside shot. You ideally want 4 shooters out there.

I think something like this would be ideal.

Caruso (9m ish)
KCP (13m ish)
LeBron (max)
AD (max)
Myles Turner (18m ish)

Turner allows AD to play the 4 and roam/switch out as a free safety on defense. Offensively, it spaces the paint out for AD to dominate.

The perimeter defense and switching ability would be dope.

The only weakness that lineup would have is its dependence on LeBron to create. Caruso can be a secondary playmaker but as a scorer? He's a roleplayer.

They'd need a guy off the bench that can provide some floor generalship. Like what Darren Collison was before he retired. Someone who can actually score, not a Rondo type.

I thought he just needed a ball

Full Court
12-26-2021, 12:11 AM
So basically last year's team that they got rid of?

Dr. Lemon
12-26-2021, 12:14 AM
You're over analyzing the situation.

Lakers/LeBron made a franchise-crushing decision by deciding to trade for Westbrook, instead of going after Derozan or Hield + pieces. They closed the window themselves.

Demar wanted to play for the Lakers and now he's having a career season and is one of the top scorers in the league this year. Painful, painful stuff.

Proctor
12-26-2021, 12:18 AM
ISB...what's your take on something like this?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3ygm4dv

Knicks don't have a future to cap, they're mediocrity for the near future with Randle and random scraps. Nothing to lose. Westbrook plays 100% hard and Thibs is all about that and running old stars down by playing them 40 minutes a game. Thibs system will bloat Westbrook's numbers nicely and make him look like an all star. The way the Knicks are trending, they're probably still not a threat to land a big name otherwise. They "get their guy" who can alternate being #1 with Randle on any night. Knicks can continue their brand of playing bully-tard ball with a tandem of Westbrook and Randle and go heavy on the "jam it down your throat" physical play.

Westbrook/Barrett/Grimes/Randle/Robinson isn't bad at all.

Lakers need to move on, can get some scoring punch (which they do not need, to be clear...but unfortunately they'd need to take whatever is offered reasonably for WB.) Fournier, Burks, redemption tour Kemba, rim protector Noel. Lakers can then shed guys like Collison, Bazemore, IT. So they upgrade their scoring depth significantly and get a nice center out of it.

Again, not here to claim that Fournier or Kemba would change the dynamic of the Lakers...they still would have a lot to solve...but they would have solved the problem of how to get rid of Westbrook in a market that won't generally want him. Someone like Fournier could be flipped again for some defensive depth.

Johnny32
12-26-2021, 12:40 AM
caruso isn't a shooter lol.

Proctor
12-26-2021, 12:42 AM
Lakers need to hope for the Celtics to further implode and then make a move for Marcus Smart. If not, a more realistic target..trade THT and some filler for Eric Gordon. Rockets are all about rolling out unproven potential guys right now and seeing what they have.

RRR3
12-26-2021, 12:51 AM

Knicks don't have a future to cap, they're mediocrity for the near future with Randle and random scraps. Nothing to lose. Westbrook plays 100% hard and Thibs is all about that and running old stars down by playing them 40 minutes a game. Thibs system will bloat Westbrook's numbers nicely and make him look like an all star. The way the Knicks are trending, they're probably still not a threat to land a big name otherwise. They "get their guy" who can alternate being #1 with Randle on any night. Knicks can continue their brand of playing bully-tard ball with a tandem of Westbrook and Randle and go heavy on the "jam it down your throat" physical play.

Lakers need to move on, can get some scoring punch (which they do not need, to be clear...but unfortunately they'd need to take whatever is offered reasonably for WB.) Fournier, Burks, redemption tour Kemba, rim protector Noel. Lakers can then shed guys like Collison, Bazemore, IT. So they upgrade their scoring depth significantly and get a nice center out of it.

Again, not here to claim that Fournier or Kemba would change the dynamic of the Lakers...they still would have a lot to solve...but they would have solved the problem of how to get rid of Westbrook in a market that won't generally want him. Someone like Fournier could be flipped again for some defensive depth.
Lakers aren't getting Kemba AND Fournier for WB (I'm not even sure they could get Kemba, the only reason I consider it is because the Knicks are retarded), his trade value is really ****ing low (as it should be...he's done). I would trade WB for a 10 day contract guy at this point though if I was the Lakers lol. Just benching him would make them much better, he was obviously the reason they lost today and has been many other times.

Proctor
12-26-2021, 12:58 AM
Lakers aren't getting Kemba AND Fournier for WB (I'm not even sure they could get Kemba, the only reason I consider it is because the Knicks are retarded), his trade value is really ****ing low (as it should be...he's done). I would trade WB for a 10 day contract guy at this point though if I was the Lakers lol. Just benching him would make them much better, he was obviously the reason they lost today and has been many other times.
While the Kemba story is nice (he's definitely not unplayable), it's clear Thibs doesn't want to have to play him, and I'm pretty sure Fournier gives Thibs a stroke. Never underestimate the Knicks :lol

Round Mound
12-26-2021, 01:02 AM
I think he needs more 3-point shooters and get back Caruso: he was like the glue team player. They never should have traded him.

RRR3
12-26-2021, 01:07 AM
While the Kemba story is nice (he's definitely not unplayable), it's clear Thibs doesn't want to have to play him, and I'm pretty sure Fournier gives Thibs a stroke. Never underestimate the Knicks :lol
WB is getting close to unplayable tbqh. Sad to see him like this.

Im Still Ballin
12-26-2021, 02:38 AM

Yeah that'd be good

bladefd
12-26-2021, 03:50 AM

Couldn't Lakers then flip those guys for turner? Flip Fournier, THT, 1st rounder for turner & filler to make deal work.

bladefd
12-26-2021, 03:52 AM
Lakers need to hope for the Celtics to further implode and then make a move for Marcus Smart. If not, a more realistic target..trade THT and some filler for Eric Gordon. Rockets are all about rolling out unproven potential guys right now and seeing what they have.

That could be a good deal too. Although Eric gordon and ariza/monk are bit redundant

Baller789
12-26-2021, 09:21 AM
Ideal Lebron starting 5

C-Jokic
PF-AD
SF-Durant
SG-Leonard
PG-Curry

Sixthman: Lebron

This allow Lebron's team to have an actual offensive system.

Lebron can run Bron-ball all he wants with the second unit.

Spurs m8
12-26-2021, 10:57 AM
Ideal Lebron starting 5

C-Jokic
PF-AD
SF-Durant
SG-Leonard
PG-Curry

It's at the point this is the actual cast he would need...to balance out his dominant, team killing ball

Full Court
12-26-2021, 10:50 PM
Ideal Lebron starting 5

C-Jokic
PF-AD
SF-Durant
SG-Leonard
PG-Curry

It's at the point this is the actual cast he would need...to balance out his dominant, team killing ball

I'm sure he's working on colluding to make this happen.

Baller789
12-26-2021, 10:53 PM

And he would still probably need a few all-stars.

I'd say he'd have a 40% chance of winning the NBA championship by then.

Full Court
12-27-2021, 11:09 AM
And he would still probably need a few all-stars.

I'd say he'd have a 40% chance of winning the NBA championship by then.

It depends. If he has to go up against Jason Terry or Devin Booker, 0% chance.

Baller789
12-27-2021, 11:19 AM
It depends. If he has to go up against Jason Terry or Devin Booker, 0% chance.

:lebronamazed:

Oh $h!+ anyone but the unguardable legend Jason Terry!!!

:lebroncry:

Thenameless
12-27-2021, 11:28 AM
You're over analyzing the situation.

Lakers/LeBron made a franchise-crushing decision by deciding to trade for Westbrook, instead of going after Derozan or Hield + pieces. They closed the window themselves.

Demar wanted to play for the Lakers and now he's having a career season and is one of the top scorers in the league this year. Painful, painful stuff.

I agree that Derozan or Hield would have been better than Westbrook. Almost any decent player would have been better value than him. But, I don't think anyone could have foreseen Derozan playing like this. He looked like he was on the downside of his career. Even as a Laker fan, it's fun to see what Chicago is doing this year. Two ex-Lakers and another that wanted to be one. Yup, painful.

SATAN
12-27-2021, 09:30 PM
The DeMar situation was never going to happen anyway. I remember Laker fans expecting him to take a huge pay cut. Like, why should he be paid LESS THAN THT? On what planet does that make sense? I think 5mil was the number these Laker fans were floating about at the time. The sense of entitlement was crazy.

Axe
12-28-2021, 02:39 AM
There are tons of players in his team who got all-star nods and yet they always seem to struggle in having a winning record many times, with or without him. Those different excuses are getting quite tiresome and saying that he still plays great for someone who's already 37 y.o. is starting to be like that too.

Spurs m8
12-28-2021, 03:33 AM

Decked out in camo, the war room firing on all cylinders