PDA

View Full Version : What if Westbrook played for Golden State?

nineiron
12-26-2021, 12:59 AM
i bet they'd be just as good as they are now, if not better.

he's not the problem.

nineiron
12-27-2021, 12:21 AM
What say you bran sexuals?

Baller789
12-27-2021, 12:41 AM

he's not the problem.

Kerr would utilize him well. See what he was able to do with no jumper Wiggins.

imdaman99
12-27-2021, 10:41 AM
They have a better system but he would still suck :lol Warriors are built on ball movement and back screens. Which Russ doesn't do either of.

Airupthere
12-27-2021, 10:50 AM
They have a better system but he would still suck :lol Warriors are built on ball movement and back screens. Which Russ doesn't do either of.

they have a really good system that russ might respect and participate in. might even find a niche for him.

Full Court
12-27-2021, 11:03 AM

I think I have to agree with this. Westbrook would be a bad fit for the Warriors.

SouBeachTalents
12-27-2021, 12:18 PM
How would a Curry/Westbrook pairing work? Do you move Westbrook to Klay's spot at SG :lol

I know the only reason anyone actually cares about this is because of LeBron, but let's be real. Name one playoff contender you legitimately believe gets better if they replace their current point guard with Westbrook.

tpols
12-27-2021, 12:26 PM
Imagine the spacing effect of klay being gone and replaced with westbrook.

Imagine the ball movement effect of the ball being taken out of high IQ passers hands like iggy and dray and put in the hands of Westbrook instead.

Imagine a bunch of curry shots going to Westbrook.

I'm not putting this lightly when I say he would cripple the team. He's like a fancy Trojan horse who bedazzles people with triple double numbers but will sneakily destroy the host from the inside.

warriorfan
12-27-2021, 12:33 PM
Curry
Westbrook
Klay
Wiggins
Draymond

That could work. Let Dray and Westbrook run pick and roll and look for shooters getting open.

nineiron
12-27-2021, 12:54 PM
outside of Payton and Kuminga, the Warriors aren't very athletic. i say Westbrook on the Warriors would work. Curry would turn him into a superstar again.

Foster5k
12-27-2021, 12:58 PM
outside of Payton and Kuminga, the Warriors aren't very athletic. i say Westbrook on the Warriors would work. Curry would turn him into a superstar again.

I agree. Warriors get Westbrook. Lakers get some of those shooters. Hopefully, this trade happens.

nineiron
12-27-2021, 01:05 PM
I agree. Warriors get Westbrook. Lakers get some of those shooters. Hopefully, this trade happens.

Poole for Westbrook. make it happen!

Curry turns Westbrook into a superstar again. Poole turns into dog$hit playing in Lebron's f*cked up system and becomes the new scapegoat.

but this will expose Lebron as the REAL problem.

HunterSThompson
12-27-2021, 01:06 PM

he's not the problem.

lol wut. no. but they would be better than the Lakers at least

nineiron
12-27-2021, 01:19 PM
lol wut. no. but they would be better than the Lakers at least

Westbrook is lost playing in the Lakers f*cked system. in fact, the Lakers don't even have a 'system', it's just everyone camp out on the 3pt line and 1 person screen for Lebron while he dribbles out the clock.

with Curry, Westbrook would thrive.

RRR3
12-27-2021, 01:21 PM
If you think 33 year old Westbrook would do anything but make Golden State you’re retarded.

ShawkFactory
12-27-2021, 01:49 PM
Westbrook is lost playing in the Lakers f*cked system. in fact, the Lakers don't even have a 'system', it's just everyone camp out on the 3pt line and 1 person screen for Lebron while he dribbles out the clock.

with Curry, Westbrook would thrive.

Westbrook has been lost for years.

nineiron
12-27-2021, 01:50 PM
Westbrook has been lost for years.

then why does he make the $ he makes?

Axe
12-28-2021, 02:13 AM
He would have gotten a finals mvp if they won it all nigel.

nineiron
12-28-2021, 10:25 AM
He would have gotten a finals mvp if they won it all nigel.

actually, he probably would. we all know Curry shrinks when it's "clutch" time, just like Lebron.

warriorfan
12-28-2021, 10:29 AM
With all of Golden State’s injuries it would be nice to have Westbrook. Our record would probably be even better.

What will LeBron’s next bogus excuse be?

Manny98
12-28-2021, 10:50 AM
Curry's GOAT off ball ability would allow him to work with anyone

And the Warriors success comes from communication and holding others accountatable which doesn't happen on the Lakers so Westbrook wouldn't be nearly as bad defensively as he is on the Lakers with guys like Draymond to call him out when he's out of place on defense and when he does dumb shit

nineiron
12-28-2021, 11:29 AM
With all of Golden State’s injuries it would be nice to have Westbrook. Our record would probably be even better.

What will LeBron’s next bogus excuse be?

this

Curry's GOAT off ball ability would allow him to work with anyone

And the Warriors success comes from communication and holding others accountatable which doesn't happen on the Lakers so Westbrook wouldn't be nearly as bad defensively as he is on the Lakers with guys like Draymond to call him out when he's out of place on defense and when he does dumb shit

and this

expansionera
12-28-2021, 11:33 AM
Curry and Westbrook would form the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA, wherein Curry is tasked with guarding the tougher assignment. Couldn’t play next to Draymond or Looney, would continue to make boneheaded plays whereas teams such as Utah and the Suns are great due to limiting mistakes.

It would be fun to watch the Golden system unravel with a Tasmanian devil inserted right into the most organized offense/defense in the NBA.

nineiron
12-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Curry and Westbrook would form the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA, wherein Curry is tasked with guarding the tougher assignment. Couldn’t play next to Draymond or Looney, would continue to make boneheaded plays whereas teams such as Utah and the Suns are great due to limiting mistakes.

It would be fun to watch the Golden system unravel with a Tasmanian devil inserted right into the most organized offense/defense in the NBA.

geez, i wonder how the Warriors are winning with such a defensive liability in Steph?

funny how a bran stan is talking about defense

expansionera
12-28-2021, 11:38 AM
geez, i wonder how the Warriors are winning with such a defensive liability in Steph?

funny how a bran stan is talking about defense

Curry has been above average on defense this year, both advanced stats and eye test back that up. Still shouldnÂ’t be tasked with guarding Devin Booker, Donvoan Mitchell, James Harden, or any of the elite NBA point guards whom Klay has the unglamorous job of chasing around.

No NBA team today task their best player with guarding the other teams best player, with Westbrook in the lineup youÂ’re forced to hide a defensive moron and an offensive black hole on a team that already employs Draymond Green full time.

nineiron
12-28-2021, 11:42 AM
Curry has been above average on defense this year, both advanced stats and eye test back that up. Still shouldnÂ’t be tasked with guarding Devin Booker, Donvoan Mitchell, James Harden, or any of the elite NBA point guards whom Klay has the unglamorous job of chasing around.

No NBA team today task their best player with guarding the other teams best player, with Westbrook in the lineup youÂ’re forced to hide a defensive moron and an offensive black hole on a team that already employs Draymond Green full time.

i would take Westbrook on defense any day of the week over Lebron

hold this L
12-28-2021, 12:08 PM

The stats have him as one of the best defensive guards in the NBA, not above average.

nineiron
12-28-2021, 12:13 PM
The stats have him as one of the best defensive guards in the NBA, not above average.

this. Curry is a high IQ defender.

ppl (most bran stans) like to discredit his D to bring him down a notch. because bran stans are dumb, they only look at size and athleticism.

another example: Kyle Lowry is not big and not that athletic, but is very good defensively.

whereas, Lebron has the size and athleticism, but lacks the IQ to play good D.

aj1987
12-28-2021, 01:21 PM
i would take Westbrook on defense any day of the week over Lebron

No wonder why you're considered to be a mouth breathing retard.

warriorfan
12-28-2021, 03:57 PM
Maybe Lebron should join the Nets.

John8204
12-28-2021, 04:35 PM
Curry
Westbrook
Klay
Wiggins
Draymond

That could work. Let Dray and Westbrook run pick and roll and look for shooters getting open.

Curry - 45m
Klay - 37m
Wiggins - 31m
Draymond - 24m
Russell - 44m

Yeah you'd only be 30 million over the cap

TheCorporation
12-28-2021, 04:42 PM
Yeaaaah....:lol

We'll take Klay and you can have GOATbrook. Let's see how that plays out

LeCinco!

nineiron
12-28-2021, 04:44 PM
Maybe Lebron should join the Nets.

he'd be 4th option once Kyrie is back.

expansionera
12-28-2021, 06:02 PM

The reason he logs statistically as one of the best defensive guards is precisely because he doesn’t guard the toughest assignment. Curry is not a lockdown defender by any stretch of the imagination but makes the right play