PDA

View Full Version : Non-Laker fans, who would you trade on your team for Westbrook?

Pip' N Rodman
12-26-2021, 04:39 AM
Remember, salaries have to match

Spurs m8
12-26-2021, 04:45 AM
Stop with the meltdowns

LeGM failed...again

Pip' N Rodman
12-26-2021, 02:46 PM
???

Thenameless
12-26-2021, 02:56 PM
I'm a Laker fan that would be willing to trade him at a negative value. Throw in picks or young prospects of your choosing just to get rid of him.

If I was a coach, I'd tell him no 3's, and for every turnover you cause you'll sit for 5 minutes of game time.

n00bie
12-26-2021, 10:41 PM
Getting rid of Westbrook won't fix your problems.

bladefd
12-27-2021, 12:05 AM
Getting rid of Westbrook won't fix your problems.

It should solve a chunk of it though (probably a third) depending on who we get back. I don't see anyone taking Westbrook's contract this season, unfortunately, so it will be a lingering issue. At least until the summer.

The other third is injuries/COVID. We should have everyone back soon except for AD so this should be significantly better soon within a week.

The other third is roster makeup. This one is tough without a trade. Mainly stems from getting rid of Caruso/kcp & not replacing them with anyone good enough defensively. THT, DJ, Rondo, Bazemore, and Ellington have all been net negatives. If we can package deal a few of them for say a Covington or something, that should alleviate a significant portion of this issue. I guess you can always bench them. This must come from the coaching staff and goes back to the 2nd issue. Once you have Ariza, Nunn, Reaves, and Bradley back, you can bench THT, DJ, Rondo, Bazemore, Ellington without any repercussions.

n00bie
12-27-2021, 01:46 AM
It should solve a chunk of it though (probably a third) depending on who we get back. I don't see anyone taking Westbrook's contract this season, unfortunately, so it will be a lingering issue. At least until the summer.

The other third is injuries/COVID. We should have everyone back soon except for AD so this should be significantly better soon within a week.

The other third is roster makeup. This one is tough without a trade. Mainly stems from getting rid of Caruso/kcp & not replacing them with anyone good enough defensively. THT, DJ, Rondo, Bazemore, and Ellington have all been net negatives. If we can package deal a few of them for say a Covington or something, that should alleviate a significant portion of this issue. I guess you can always bench them. This must come from the coaching staff and goes back to the 2nd issue. Once you have Ariza, Nunn, Reaves, and Bradley back, you can bench THT, DJ, Rondo, Bazemore, Ellington without any repercussions.

The whole team has issues. It's made up of have been stars that still thinks they're stars.

All that drama without the skills just isn't going to win you a ring.

What it does is give you some good entertainment, which meshes well with the LA culture.

I find it hilarious watching the Lakers players scream and celebrate a basket.. as the opposing team quietly scores on the other end.

fourkicks44
12-27-2021, 01:54 AM
Tobias for Russ.

Who says no?

fourkicks44
12-27-2021, 02:12 AM
Russ easily fits into Simmons role on court without lazy ass Doc changing much, and russ isn't scared to shoot and open three :lol Plus you get off the Tobias contact early and Russ is free agent next year clearing cap room if necessary.

Morey pushes a trade of Simmons for Ingraham/ Zion depending on what direction the Pels want to go.

This year is a throw away for the 76ers. Sit JoJo after the break. Then get a top ten pick.

Roll into next season with a team built around Russ/ Ingraham or Zion/Joel.

Despite Joel and Russ history, you put their firey temperaments together you know they both got a chip on their shoulders and they want to win to prove the haters wrong.

It's a gamble but worth it imho.

Sulico
12-27-2021, 02:22 AM
There is no chance I'm trading anybody from Warriors, but from my second team - Mavs, I would give up Porzingis and Reggie Bullock gladly. Not even asking for picks back.