PDA

View Full Version : Jordan threw a 10 million dollar check from the Wizards away.

Kblaze8855
12-26-2021, 07:26 AM
Arenas on his decision to join Washington:

“So while I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to do, Jordan was trying to figure out what he was going to do with the Wizards because he’s supposed to be the owner. So, when I went there, that was actually one… of my questions…

“What’s up with the Jordan thing? Why didn’t you sign him back? [Owner] Abe Pollin was like, ‘I love basketball. I love the players. So, I asked the players what do they want? And the players said they didn’t want Jordan back.”

“I wrote MJ a check. $10 million. Said ‘Thank you for your services.’ MJ threw that check and said, ‘F*ck off,’ and drove out of the arena.

Baller789
12-26-2021, 07:32 AM
Arenas on his decision to join Washington:

“So while I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to do, Jordan was trying to figure out what he was going to do with the Wizards because he’s supposed to be the owner. So, when I went there, that was actually one… of my questions…

“What’s up with the Jordan thing? Why didn’t you sign him back? [Owner] Abe Pollin was like, ‘I love basketball. I love the players. So, I asked the players what do they want? And the players said they didn’t want Jordan back.”

“I wrote MJ a check. $10 million. Said ‘Thank you for your services.’ MJ threw that check and said, ‘F*ck off,’ and drove out of the arena.

Well Jordan is a billionaire, so giving him a $10 mil check is like giving an average guy $500 before firing him.

iamgine
12-26-2021, 07:41 AM
To be fair it's likely MJ didn't see the amount on that check cause he was so mad.

SATAN
12-26-2021, 07:22 PM

:oldlol:

HunterSThompson
12-26-2021, 07:48 PM
nobody would do this. not even Jeff bezos or Elon musk

10 million to anyone on the planet is a lot of money.

and back then jordan was probly only worth 400 million with 90% of it tied up in investments. he probly had 40 million in the bank in cash he could access.

a net worth of a billion doesn't mean you have 1 billion dollars.

vince mcmahon was almost broke at one point when they said he was a billionaire. if the money stops flowing in you can be in trouble. especially with how jordan gambles.

I think what really happened is he said he would give him a severance and he said to stick it. there was no cheque involved. it was probly some kind of buy out for his president of basketball operations contract

Mask the Embiid
12-26-2021, 08:23 PM
nobody would do this. not even Jeff bezos or Elon musk

10 million to anyone on the planet is a lot of money.

and back then jordan was probly only worth 400 million with 90% of it tied up in investments. he probly had 40 million in the bank in cash he could access.

a net worth of a billion doesn't mean you have 1 billion dollars.

vince mcmahon was almost broke at one point when they said he was a billionaire. if the money stops flowing in you can be in trouble. especially with how jordan gambles.

I think what really happened is he said he would give him a severance and he said to stick it. there was no cheque involved. it was probly some kind of buy out for his president of basketball operations contract
That’s what I’m thinking. Bill gates said if he sees $100 laying on the ground while walking he would still pick it up… and you’re telling me this bald headed milk dud head chucker is ripping up checks of 8 figures…. I call cap. Somebody is lying