PDA

View Full Version : LBJ can't play 40 minutes of defense and score 39 points.

expansionera
12-26-2021, 08:34 AM
This is where roster construction is so terrible. Not enough defense to cover for LeBron and Russ. Seemingly no consistent scoring when LeBron is on the bench, especially with AD out, even with Russ still in (tonight especially with Russ still in). That the bench mob doesn't play much defense just adds insult to injury as they leak points while struggling to score consistently.

LeBron went out with 3:43 left in the 3rd. Nets reeled off 13-4 run to increase their lead to 20. Good fightback by the Lakers in the fourth, but as usual the gap was too large to overcome, even against a handful of rotation players and bunch of G leaguers.

It's so painfully obvious that the Lakers can't score consistently when LeBron is out of the game, so all things being equal, LeBron needs to expend a significant portion of his effort on offense. LeBron does not have enough left to be a two way player for four quarters. That does set a bad tone for the rest of the team, and hiding LeBron at small ball center won't solve that problem, as we saw tonight when Claxton jammed on LeBron to break the tie. Imagine LeBron against a good center. Yup.

Baller789
12-26-2021, 09:03 AM
This is where roster construction is so terrible. Not enough defense to cover for LeBron and Russ. Seemingly no consistent scoring when LeBron is on the bench, especially with AD out, even with Russ still in (tonight especially with Russ still in). That the bench mob doesn't play much defense just adds insult to injury as they leak points while struggling to score consistently.

LeBron went out with 3:43 left in the 3rd. Nets reeled off 13-4 run to increase their lead to 20. Good fightback by the Lakers in the fourth, but as usual the gap was too large to overcome, even against a handful of rotation players and bunch of G leaguers.

It's so painfully obvious that the Lakers can't score consistently when LeBron is out of the game, so all things being equal, LeBron needs to expend a significant portion of his effort on offense. LeBron does not have enough left to be a two way player for four quarters. That does set a bad tone for the rest of the team, and hiding LeBron at small ball center won't solve that problem, as we saw tonight when Claxton jammed on LeBron to break the tie. Imagine LeBron against a good center. Yup.

When was the last time Lebron was a consistent 2-way player?

Full Court
12-26-2021, 09:06 AM
That's why I'm dead serious when I say AD is the most valuable player on the Lakers. His defense allows Lebron to rest on the back end of the court. When AD is out, Lebron doesn't step up his defense at all. HUGE liability.

Which is also why Lebron can put up big offensive numbers and the Lakers still get blown out.

Baller789
12-26-2021, 09:08 AM
That's why I'm dead serious when I say AD is the most valuable player on the Lakers. His defense allows Lebron to rest on the back end of the court. When AD is out, Lebron doesn't step up his defense at all. HUGE liability.

Which is also why Lebron can put up big offensive numbers and the Lakers still get blown out.

What's the use of lebron putting up amazing offensive stats if he's a revolving door on defence?

That's pretty selfish.

Full Court
12-26-2021, 09:09 AM
What's the use of lebron putting up amazing offensive stats if he's a revolving door on defence?

That's pretty selfish.

Agree.

Baller789
12-26-2021, 09:13 AM
Agree.

And his sheep lap it up. Absolving LBJ of all accountability. (Like simps for a hot chic)

expansionera
12-26-2021, 09:21 AM

Lebron is the only reason the Lakers are not a lottery team

Johnny32
12-26-2021, 10:00 AM

fun fact: ledpoy had a higher dtrg than ad in the 2020 postseason.

Baller789
12-26-2021, 10:02 AM
fun fact: ledpoy had a higher dtrg than ad in the 2020 postseason.

Dtrg? :roll:

Johnny32
12-26-2021, 10:08 AM
not sure if you're too casual to know what defensive rating is or desperately trying to deflect over a typo. i also don't really care which. bye!

Spurs m8
12-26-2021, 10:50 AM
They don't call him LeTurnstile for nothing

Thenameless
12-26-2021, 10:55 AM

You need them both. Lebron's the floor general and still the best or second best scorer on any given night. AD is by far the best Laker when considering both offense and defense, if he's healthy and wants it. Russ, was nothing more than a big mistake.

Baller789
12-26-2021, 11:04 AM
not sure if you're too casual to know what defensive rating is or desperately trying to deflect over a typo. i also don't really care which. bye!
Meltdown. :lol

StrongLurk
12-26-2021, 12:12 PM
Wow, it's almost like Anthony Davis, a top ten talent in the NBA is not playing and injured.

We know the Lakers do not have good players outside of Lebron/AD, so if any one of them is out then the Lakers will not win ball games.

It's crazy how bad the Lakers FO have gutted their champ team from two years ago.

All they needed was Lebron/AD to be healthy and have shooters/defenders filling out the rest of the roster. Lakers FO absolutely panicked and dropped the ball when they picked up Westbrick.

Baller789
12-26-2021, 12:27 PM
Wow, it's almost like Anthony Davis, a top ten talent in the NBA is not playing and injured.

We know the Lakers do not have good players outside of Lebron/AD, so if any one of them is out then the Lakers will not win ball games.

It's crazy how bad the Lakers FO have gutted their champ team from two years ago.

All they needed was Lebron/AD to be healthy and have shooters/defenders filling out the rest of the roster. Lakers FO absolutely panicked and dropped the ball when they picked up Westbrick.

LeGM

nineiron
12-26-2021, 12:34 PM
Lebron is the only reason the Lakers are a lottery team

fixed

theman93
12-26-2021, 01:17 PM

Do you really think they made the move for Westbrook without Lebron’s approval? I’ve got a bridge to sell you in that case LOL.

Johnny32
12-26-2021, 02:11 PM
fixed

the lakers are currently a 7th seed, durrr.