PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Westbrook Being Blamed for the Lakers' Abysmal Season?

Full Court
12-26-2021, 06:14 PM
Westbrook is averaging 20/8/8. Why is he being made the scapegoat? Does he have what you would call empty stats? If so, why are his stats empty? Is it because they don't translate into victories for his team?

RRR3
12-26-2021, 06:24 PM
His advanced stats are terrible, maybe if you weren’t retarded you would look at more than raw totals.

Nb1
12-26-2021, 06:25 PM
Are you serious?Did you watch any games? He was -23 ladt night while f.ex. Lebron was +9. He's by far number 1 in turnover this season with the most stupid sh** ive ever seen. Bricks all shots and specially in important moments.Is the worst defender on tje team that alreafy plays no defense. Like how can anyone not blamr him, but we already shouldve known that. No wonder every player out there refused to play woth him. Bron should get a medal for carrying the Lakers to a .500 team with Westbrick in there...

SATAN
12-26-2021, 06:36 PM
It's like some posters here never watch games and still comment on them lol.

Russ was horrible last game aside from a few good passes and offensive rebounds. It's not the first game he has been terrible. The Lakers had somehow come back from being 20 odd points down and I knew it was going to be an L as soon as Russ was subbed back in. I asked another poster what percentage of Russ' games so far have been good ones. It's an interesting thought experiment.

The problem is he can be great at times but isn't worth the enormousness contract he's getting and Laker fans are very passionate. It's not like people are just hating on him. He's just stupid on the court. For instance last game..First possession Russ just throws the ball away to the other team. First possession of the second half he does exactly the same thing. It's like clockwork. You just know he's going to make a stupid play before it happens. I like Russ btw but he needs to take a back seat and play smarter. The hUnDrEd PeCeNt EfFoRt often results in him not realizing what he's doing.

TheGoatest
12-27-2021, 03:59 AM
This dude actually made this thread the day after the Lakers went on a 17-0 run without Westbrick in the 4th quarter. :oldlol:

Spurs m8
12-27-2021, 04:57 AM
We all called this in the off season

Was always going to be the scapegoat

Bron always deflects to one

imdaman99
12-27-2021, 10:48 AM
We all need a scapegoat. The little I have watched of the Lakers, he hasn't been good but he's hardly been the only reason the Lakers aren't good. That being said, they can still contend. They will need everyone back though and work on the chemistry. And if Westbrook is off, dude needs to just work on hustle plays and offensive rebounds. And stop ball watching as if he is worried about team defense, put a hand in the face of shooters like Patty Mills.

expansionera
12-27-2021, 10:57 AM
Can’t shoot
Can’t defend
Can’t play with Dwight/THT (lol) so you always need shooters on the floor for him
Gets double digit assist and half as many turnovers
Monopolizes the ball on a team with Lebron

Not sure why Bron recruited him over Lowry, Hield, retaining Caruso, etc. He played one of his worst all time playoff series against this team just a year or two ago and has been traded twice since then

Westbrook should be staggered heavily a part from the rest of the so called Big 3, not saying he’s gotta come off the bench but he should lead bench units. Not sure what you do with a guy like that in the post season

warriorfan
12-27-2021, 11:03 AM
LeGM picks who he wants, he did and got them.

No excuses.

Airupthere
12-27-2021, 11:09 AM
LeGM picks who he wants, he did and got them.

No excuses.

After 19 seasons they should not be doubting LeGMs personal decisions. There is a good chance (4/10) that this might work.

Thenameless
12-27-2021, 11:35 AM
Westbrook is averaging 20/8/8. Why is he being made the scapegoat? Does he have what you would call empty stats? If so, why are his stats empty? Is it because they don't translate into victories for his team?

His stats are empty because of poor defense and not just a high turnover rate, but turnovers at key moments when you really can't afford them. I mean it's not that hard to digest how a ball-dominant, stupid decision maker can hurt a team. I'm usually a very patient person, and would say "let's give it 'til the end of the season" but I don't see things improving to the point where we become a threat to come out of the West. In order to have any reasonable shot at the Championship this season, he must go before the trade deadline.

coin24
12-27-2021, 11:37 AM
Turnovers, horribly missed shots, poor timing. Just a train wreck out there.

Said it would be a bad fit from the start and it’s worse than I imagined.. the team is just a mess of talent that doesn’t fit well..

warriorfan
12-27-2021, 11:38 AM
His stats are empty because of poor defense and not just a high turnover rate, but turnovers at key moments when you really can't afford them. I mean it's not that hard to digest how a ball-dominant, stupid decision maker can hurt a team. I'm usually a very patient person, and would say "let's give it 'til the end of the season" but I don't see things improving to the point where we become a threat to come out of the West. In order to have any reasonable shot at the Championship this season, he must go before the trade deadline.

It’s almost like accumulated box score numbers and the advanced stats that get compiled from it such as VORP are fairly inaccurate by nature and dont come close to telling the whole story. Thus making eye test and team success much more important while evaluating players.

Totally agree.

Baller789
12-27-2021, 11:39 AM
I wonder why his fanbase doesn't hold LeGM accountable for cosigning Westbrook?

Anyone could see this won't work from a mile away.

Airupthere
12-27-2021, 11:44 AM
Let’s go back in time

https://www.insider.com/lebron-james-recruited-stars-lakers-war-room-house-2021-9?amp

LeBron James reportedly set up a 'war room' in his house to research and recruit a 3rd star to the Lakers

Lol at the “war room”. Lebron had the chance to contemplate this and he made his decisions. He is to be blamed, not just westbrook. It was supposedly lebron who wanted to have a 3star team (as usual). Lol

theman93
12-27-2021, 12:14 PM
Let’s go back in time

https://www.insider.com/lebron-james-recruited-stars-lakers-war-room-house-2021-9?amp

LeBron James reportedly set up a 'war room' in his house to research and recruit a 3rd star to the Lakers

Lol at the “war room”. Lebron had the chance to contemplate this and he made his decisions. He is to be blamed, not just westbrook. It was supposedly lebron who wanted to have a 3star team (as usual). Lol

LOL

Anyone blaming anyone besides Lebron is asinine. This was what he chose. Period the end.

Foster5k
12-27-2021, 12:46 PM
Westbrook style of play just doesn't translate into championship basketball. KD basically ran as fast as he could away from Westbrook. The Lakers have to find a way to trade his ass. He's putting up empty stats that doesn't equate to wins. Shooting 4-for-20 just to get a triple double. lmao

nineiron
12-27-2021, 12:52 PM
Let’s go back in time

lmfao!!! LeWarRoom

FireDavidKahn
12-27-2021, 01:02 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/vT2bB0RN/download-5.jpg

Westbrook has been good this year!
THT is being held back!

RRR3
12-27-2021, 01:31 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/vT2bB0RN/download-5.jpg

Westbrook has been good this year!
THT is being held back!
Typical Stupidbe stans.

Indian guy
12-27-2021, 04:12 PM
Let's look at some impact stats for Westbrook this season:

On/Off -6.1 (by far the worst of any rotation player on LA)
EPM rank 203rd
RAPTOR rank 509 (out of 527 players)
RAPM rank 248

He's just a massive negative on the floor.

outofstomach
12-27-2021, 04:19 PM
His advanced stats are terrible, maybe if you weren’t retarded you would look at more than raw totals.

:lol

outofstomach
12-27-2021, 04:21 PM
Let’s go back in time

:applause: embarrassing

Full Court
12-27-2021, 04:37 PM
Typical Stupidbe stans.

:lebroncry:

RRR3
12-27-2021, 04:40 PM
Let's look at some impact stats for Westbrook this season:

On/Off -6.1 (by far the worst of any rotation player on LA)
EPM rank 203rd
RAPTOR rank 509 (out of 527 players)
RAPM rank 248

He's just a massive negative on the floor.
He's probably the worst player in the league considering usage. Has to be in the running for the worst trade of all time. Westbrook hasn't been elite since 2017.

Akeem34TheDream
12-27-2021, 04:48 PM
Even prime Lebron and prime Westbrook wouldn't have worked. What made Lakers think this would work?

theman93
12-27-2021, 04:52 PM
Even prime Lebron and prime Westbrook wouldn't have worked. What made Lakers think this would work?

Lebron thought it would.

StrongLurk
12-27-2021, 04:58 PM
What's most to blame is the Lakers front office. They have totally ruined a great roster construction they had during the bubble championship. People blame Westbrook because he is not a positive player and the Lakers FO chose him over very solid, positive role players.

Second biggest issue is Lebron/AD missing a lot of games due to injuries. Westbrook is definitely a problem though, any one who has watched the games can see it.

RRR3
12-27-2021, 05:12 PM
What's most to blame is the Lakers front office. They have totally ruined a great roster construction they had during the bubble championship. People blame Westbrook because he is not a positive player and the Lakers FO chose him over very solid, positive role players.

Second biggest issue is Lebron/AD missing a lot of games due to injuries. Westbrook is definitely a problem though, any one who has watched the games can see it.
People will blame LeBron but he was under contract there was no reason for Pelinka to listen to him if he wanted Westbrook.

Spurs m8
12-27-2021, 05:26 PM
That's so typical lol

Get beaten?

Don't go to the gym and work harder.

Set up a room and call it a war room...then spend summer on the phone, getting rejected because no one wants to play bron ball

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-27-2021, 05:35 PM
He's no worse then Paul George his old buddy.

People expected kawhi to win the title with Paul George.

LeBron has Westbrook and Davis! Still embarrassing himself

AirBonner
12-27-2021, 05:37 PM
He's no worse then Paul George his old buddy.

LeBron has Westbrook and Davis! Still embarrassing himself

Pg 13 is much better

Spurs m8
12-27-2021, 05:38 PM
Pg 13 is much better

Exactly.

That clown show above is bron stan level of moronic

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-27-2021, 05:54 PM
Pg 13 is much better

Westbrook won an MVP

His 2016 playoff advanced stats were also better then any Paul George extended playoff run

AirBonner
12-27-2021, 05:55 PM
westbrook won an mvp

his 2016 playoff advanced stats were also better then any paul george extended playoff run
pg13 right now is fvcking worlds better

tpols
12-27-2021, 06:46 PM
I told yall about Westbrook many years ago. A lot of people agreed then but now seemingly everybody does. Guy came to LA in a dress and a few posters would still defend him. :lol

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-27-2021, 06:49 PM

Worlds better my ass. George is having a terrible year. He's sitting on -0.4 offensive win shares despite playing nearly a 1000 minutes.

theman93
12-27-2021, 07:01 PM

LOL no he’s not.

Paul George has a 5.5 to 4.2 assist/turnover ratio. He also is shooting 32.3% from 3 - the worst since his rookie year.

Homeboy playing like some cheeks

AirBonner
12-27-2021, 07:17 PM
LOL no he’s not.

Paul George has a 5.5 to 4.2 assist/turnover ratio. He also is shooting 32.3% from 3 - the worst since his rookie year.

Homeboy playing like some cheeks

So he shoot’s like MJ from 3

SATAN
12-27-2021, 09:06 PM

No. No one really gives a shit about Kawhi.

SATAN
12-27-2021, 09:12 PM
LOL

Anyone blaming anyone besides Lebron is asinine. This was what he chose. Period the end.

AD can also take blame using your example. :facepalm

theman93 actually blames LeBron James for someone else playing poorly.

Absolute idiot.

Thenameless
12-27-2021, 09:16 PM
That's so typical lol

Get beaten?

Don't go to the gym and work harder.

Set up a room and call it a war room...then spend summer on the phone, getting rejected because no one wants to play bron ball

At least get your facts right. As much as we all know that Westbrook was a mistake by the Lakers and Lebron, quite a few guys still came here for undervalued salaries.

theman93
12-27-2021, 11:00 PM
AD can also take blame using your example. :facepalm

theman93 actually blames LeBron James for someone else playing poorly.

Absolute idiot.

Hi RRR3

Lebron was the one who brought together the war room to try and get a 3rd star, not AD.

So no, you idiot, it's Lebron's fault. Period the end.

SATAN
12-27-2021, 11:03 PM
Hi RRR3

Lebron was the one who brought together the war room to try and get a 3rd star, not AD.

So no, you idiot, it's Lebron's fault. Period the end.

AD was there and signed off on it. You know...the guy who is supposed to be the team leader now.

So no, you idiot, it's not exclusively LeBron's fault. Period the end.

Full Court
12-27-2021, 11:46 PM
AD was there and signed off on it. You know...the guy who is supposed to be the team leader now.

How is AD supposed to be the leader? Mr. Roll-around-on-the-floor-crying-every-time-he-gets-bumped the leader? If that's who's supposed to be their leader, then the Lakers have even bigger problems then their poor playing.

theman93
12-27-2021, 11:49 PM

Lebron calls the shots. Not AD.

Lebron's fault. Period the end.

SATAN
12-27-2021, 11:56 PM
I'm a brainwashed MJ stan.

Got it.

SATAN
12-27-2021, 11:57 PM
How is AD supposed to be the leader? Mr. Roll-around-on-the-floor-crying-every-time-he-gets-bumped the leader? If that's who's supposed to be their leader, then the Lakers have even bigger problems then their poor playing.

I actually agree with you. He doesn't seem to have it in him.

Airupthere
12-27-2021, 11:57 PM
The more influencial you are, the bigger your accountability and the effect you have on your surroundings. Lol at the branstans thinking lebron is not the most accountable in this situation.

theman93
12-27-2021, 11:58 PM
I'm a brainwashed bronsexual.

Got it.

SATAN
12-28-2021, 12:00 AM
Got it.

Dude, you're blaming a guy for someone else playing bad. Should he give him the Steve Kerr treatment? :lol

Airupthere
12-28-2021, 12:05 AM
Dude, you're blaming a guy for someone else playing bad. Should he give him the Steve Kerr treatment? :lol

But lebron researched it thoroughly inside the war room with other greats minds like AD and dudley supporting the LeDecision. If lebron didnt do the pitch and endorsement, I doubt the lakers would get westbrook. So this is heavily on bronbron.

Baller789
12-28-2021, 12:37 AM
But lebron researched it thoroughly inside the war room with other greats minds like AD and dudley supporting the LeDecision. If lebron didnt do the pitch and endorsement, I doubt the lakers would get westbrook. So this is heavily on bronbron.

Brantard desperately shielding their hero from all accoutability.

They're basically simps for Lebron.

theman93
12-28-2021, 12:54 AM

Dude, Lebron is supposed to elevate his teammates like nobody else has in NBA history (allegedly). Plus it was his choice inside his own war room to bring him in. Of course I'm going to hold him to that standard and hold him accountable. The question is why aren't you?

Hey Yo
12-28-2021, 01:06 AM
LOL @ constantly crying about a 19th year player.

That's some GOAT rent free.

Axe
12-28-2021, 01:56 AM
So have they fired frank vogel yet? :confusedshrug:

Spurs m8
12-28-2021, 02:08 AM
Jeez...Satan just keeps digging his pathetic hole

At what point do you have some integrity and put yourself ahead of ya hero?

Baller789
12-28-2021, 02:23 AM
LOL @ constantly crying about a 19th year player.

That's some GOAT rent free.

No.

What ya'll doing is simping for a grown @r$3 man.

SATAN
12-28-2021, 02:23 AM
Dude, Lebron is supposed to elevate his teammates like nobody else has in NBA history (allegedly). Plus it was his choice inside his own war room to bring him in. Of course I'm going to hold him to that standard and hold him accountable. The question is why aren't you?

Because it's pretty irrelevant to my life and I'm not petty. It's a game. A game other people are playing. Go get some fresh air. :oldlol:

It's unreal how angry you guys are because someone you don't know personally exists.

"war room" :oldlol:

3ba11
12-28-2021, 06:25 AM
The top 5 all-time turnovers list is a collection of goat losers

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-22-2021/YLcIaR.gif

Imagine if Lebron and Moses hadn't formed super-teams... :facepalm:

Each year, Lebron is top 5 in turnovers per game and within 0.5 of Westbrook most years, so there's a double standard where Westbrook is criticized but Lebron isn't.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/tov_career.html

Baller789
12-28-2021, 07:33 AM
Because it's pretty irrelevant to my life and I'm not petty. It's a game. A game other people are playing. Go get some fresh air. :oldlol:

It's unreal how angry you guys are because someone you don't know personally exists.

Accountability to Lebrontards is like Kryptonite.

Pathetic.

paksat
12-28-2021, 09:13 AM
Can’t shoot
Can’t defend
Can’t play with Dwight/THT (lol) so you always need shooters on the floor for him
Gets double digit assist and half as many turnovers
Monopolizes the ball on a team with Lebron

Not sure why Bron recruited him over Lowry, Hield, retaining Caruso, etc. He played one of his worst all time playoff series against this team just a year or two ago and has been traded twice since then

Westbrook should be staggered heavily a part from the rest of the so called Big 3, not saying he’s gotta come off the bench but he should lead bench units. Not sure what you do with a guy like that in the post season

lol this is 200 IQ bron, he don't make mistakes!

the only thing that makes ANY sense at all is he just wanted a scapegoat. Throughout his entire career he has surrounded himself with shooters minus dwyane wade. All of a sudden he gets a worse version of himself in every way, it only makes sense

Johnny32
12-28-2021, 09:21 AM

the only thing that makes ANY sense at all is he just wanted a scapegoat. Throughout his entire career he has surrounded himself with shooters minus dwyane wade. All of a sudden he gets a worse version of himself in every way, it only makes sense

the lakers biggest weakness last year was no playmaker with lebron off the court.

SATAN
12-28-2021, 10:52 AM

This is classic LeBron Derangement Syndrome, guys. Absolutely ridiculous take. This guy wears a tinfoil hat at all hours of the day.

3ba11
12-28-2021, 11:06 AM
200 IQ bron,

TOP 5 TURNOVERS ALL-TIME

Each year, Lebron is top 5 in turnovers per game and within 0.5 of Westbrook most years, so there's a double standard where Westbrook is criticized but Lebron isn't.

SATAN
12-28-2021, 11:08 AM
TOP 5 TURNOVERS ALL-TIME

Jordan didn't pass as much. How surprising. :facepalm

theman93
12-28-2021, 11:15 AM

Says the guy who's over quadrupled my post count :lol :lol nerd

And yes, war room - https://www.insider.com/lebron-james-recruited-stars-lakers-war-room-house-2021-9?amp

theman93
12-28-2021, 11:17 AM
Jordan didn't pass as much. How surprising. :facepalm

Oh good, so Lebron only puts up higher assists because Jordan didn't pass as much. Which way do you want to slice it? :lol

nineiron
12-28-2021, 11:18 AM
Oh good, so Lebron only puts up higher assists because Jordan didn't pass as much. Which way do you want to slice it? :lol

lmfao, don't bother trying to use logic with a bran stan

SATAN
12-28-2021, 11:22 AM
Says the guy who's over quadrupled my post count :lol :lol nerd

"hurr durr nerd". I've punched idiots like you in the mouth a few times. Grow up you little moron. Sonning you idiots can be great fun. On one account mind you, unlike you. The point is, you actually think you're smart. It's hilarious watching the egotistical nonsense you spew out. No self awareness at all. You don't even know anything about basketball.

theman93
12-28-2021, 11:29 AM
"hurr durr nerd". I've punched idiots like you in the mouth a few times. Grow up you little moron. Sonning you idiots can be great fun. On one account mind you, unlike you. The point is, you actually think you're smart. It's hilarious watching the egotistical nonsense you spew out. No self awareness at all. You don't even know anything about basketball.

LOL seething

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/6080db05-bab0-4903-bfd9-df7d8516eda3

You live in your mommy's basement selling drugs you dork. You haven't punched anything in your life.

paksat
12-28-2021, 01:02 PM
the lakers biggest weakness last year was no playmaker with lebron off the court.

because his team has no chemistry once he walks off, they're not used to anything but handing him the ball. 3ball is right about his brand of basketball, why can't lebron change as he gets older now? Fit into a system for once in your life

Airupthere
12-28-2021, 01:05 PM
because his team has no chemistry once he walks off, they're not used to anything but handing him the ball. 3ball is right about his brand of basketball, why can't lebron change as he gets older now? Fit into a system for once in your life

Right after Giannis won a ring and people respected him for it, Lebron right away sets up his war room and went back to calling up stars to recruit. That tells you how much willing this guy is to change.

bullettooth
12-28-2021, 01:45 PM
Let’s go back in time

Of course LeBum would do something like this.

Baller789
12-28-2021, 06:47 PM
LOL seething

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/6080db05-bab0-4903-bfd9-df7d8516eda3

You live in your mommy's basement selling drugs you dork. You haven't punched anything in your life.

Satan acts tough but in reaility he's crying.