PDA

View Full Version : How much longevity would MJ need to get a 1st rd win without Pippen?

ELITEpower23
12-27-2021, 07:01 AM
Part of MJ's failures came from his weak longevity. He crumbled while playing without Pippen and in those 5 Pippenless years MJ did...nothing.

0x Rings
0x Finals
0x Conf Finals
0x Semi Finals
0x 1st round wins *not a typo
1x Playoff game win *not a typo

If MJ had GOAT longevity like LeBron and was playing without Pip, how many more seasons would MJ need to win ONE playoff series? MJ played 13 playoffs, how much longevity does he need to get over 6,000 pts? LBJ did that in 13 playoffs already...

paksat
12-27-2021, 08:42 AM
Michael f'n Jordan

Baller789
12-27-2021, 08:44 AM
Part of MJ's failures came from his weak longevity. He crumbled while playing without Pippen and in those 5 Pippenless years MJ did...nothing.

0x Rings
0x Finals
0x Conf Finals
0x Semi Finals

If MJ had GOAT longevity like LeBron and was playing without Pip, how many more seasons would MJ need to win ONE playoff series? MJ played 13 playoffs, how much longevity does he need to get over 6,000 pts? LBJ did that in 13 playoffs already...

You do know youre contradicting your own argument again right? :lol

What a dumbass.

expansionera
12-27-2021, 09:19 AM
He’d need a stacked team, which is comical given all of his first round losses came on sub .500 squads which would indicate an extremely weak Eastern Conference

Spurs m8
12-27-2021, 09:23 AM
Jeez, the daily Jordan meltdowns are turning into multiple daily.

Considering LeManufactured/LeCollusion isn't even in the GOAT discussion, you should pick another player to start comparing him to...

Loser

Baller789
12-27-2021, 10:10 AM
He’d need a stacked team, which is comical given all of his first round losses came on sub .500 squads which would indicate an extremely weak Eastern Conference

False. It was a top heavy conference.

Full Court
12-27-2021, 11:06 AM

It's a team sport. You only get far with a stacked team. Period. How do some of you not understand this? Look how well Lebum is doing this year with a crappy team. 1-9 Jordan at least led a far worse team to the playoffs.

Baller789
12-27-2021, 11:13 AM
It's a team sport. You only get far with a stacked team. Period. How do some of you not understand this? Look how well Lebum is doing this year with a crappy team. 1-9 Jordan at least led a far worse team to the playoffs.

Even with their worst teams, Jordan's were far worse than Lebron's.

expansionera
12-27-2021, 11:41 AM

None of those teams went .500, making the playoffs in a weak era wherein sub .500 teams routinely make the playoffs and losing in the first round is more of an embarrassment if anything. It demonstrates the level of competition Jordan was losing to 1-9

ELITEpower23
12-27-2021, 12:44 PM
Since we have determined longevity = good

MJ played 5 years without Pip. How many more seasons would MJ need to win ONE playoff series?

3ba11
12-27-2021, 02:05 PM

MJ played 5 years without Pip. How many more seasons would MJ need to win ONE playoff series?

Giannis, Lebron, Curry and Durant didn't win a playoff series in their first few years either, so it's a timing thing and has nothing to do with Pippen.. you're just weaponizing the coincidence that the only years MJ didn't play with Pippen are the years that nearly EVERYONE loses, aka weak

3ba11
12-27-2021, 02:05 PM

Giannis, Lebron, Curry and Durant didn't win a playoff series in their first few years either, so it's a timing thing and has nothing to do with Pippen.. you're just weaponizing the coincidence that the only years MJ didn't play with Pippen are the years that nearly EVERYONE loses, aka bad argument

12-27-2021, 02:07 PM

Giannis, Lebron, Curry and Durant didn't win a playoff series in their first few years either, so it's a timing thing and has nothing to do with Pippen.. you're just weaponizing the coincidence that the only years MJ didn't play with Pippen are the years that nearly EVERYONE loses, aka weak argument

Full Court
12-27-2021, 04:29 PM
None of those teams went .500, making the playoffs in a weak era wherein sub .500 teams routinely make the playoffs and losing in the first round is more of an embarrassment if anything. It demonstrates the level of competition Jordan was losing to 1-9

Try to spin it how you want, but 1-9 Jordan had a FAR worse team than Labrone has this year, and Jordan still managed to do more with them.

hateraid
12-27-2021, 04:33 PM
You do know youre contradicting your own argument again right? :lol

What a dumbass.

You know what else is contradictory?
When you claim not to be a Jordan stan

TheCorporation
12-27-2021, 07:52 PM
Have we figured this one out yet?

Baller789
12-27-2021, 08:24 PM
Have we figured this one out yet?

No one cares.
Now login to your other alt.

Baller789
12-27-2021, 08:25 PM
You know what else is contradictory?
When you claim not to be a Jordan stan

Sure buddy. If that makes you sleep at night. :yaohappy:

BigShotBob
12-27-2021, 09:00 PM
I used to absolutely despise Jordan and then became indifferent to him but this site actually turned me into a fan of his thanks to the daily alt meltdowns

Baller789
12-27-2021, 09:05 PM
I used to absolutely despise Jordan and then became indifferent to him but this site actually turned me into a fan of his thanks to the daily alt meltdowns

Have fun watching these insecure Lebrontards accuse you of being a Jordan stan and an alt when they have no logical argument. :lol

TheCorporation
12-28-2021, 02:46 AM
Anyone?

Axe
12-28-2021, 02:56 AM
Dumbass ./.

Fyi nothing is ever more embarrassing than losing in the play-ins aka losers bracket twice in a row, especially if they did so with a winning record while a face of whatever that team is got mvp chants during the rs.

Man you should have been aborted for showing such low iq but then again you was only there due to your papa's erectile dysfunction.

TheGoatest
12-28-2021, 03:39 AM
He really was nothing but a Magic McGrady/Rockets Harden until all the planets aligned for him:

1. Chicago getting a proper winner who would increase the success of the team in the great Scottie Pippen
2. Chicago getting a coach who would later on win 5 more rings without Jordan

all this in an era where:

3. The Lakers/Celtics/Pistons teams that dominated the 80s got injured/old/washed, leaving the 90s to be the most exploitable era of all time

while:

4. He never had a key teammate Pippen/Grant/Rodman miss a single solitary playoff game due to an injury in the Bulls 6 playoff runs

And on top of all this sprinkle a bunch of steroid taking and favorable ref calls that were evident as soon as he left the league (Pippen's "foul" on Hubert Davis 3 pointer).
You could really see why he developed a gambling addiction. The entitled prick must've developed a subliminal conviction that the objective of the universe was to create events that only favored him.

Axe
12-28-2021, 03:44 AM
Again, the 90s era was so weak and watered-down but thinks pippen is 'great'? :confusedshrug:

Gimme a goddamn break lmao.

HylianNightmare
12-28-2021, 06:12 AM
As long as LeBron needed to win without superstar help

3ba11
12-28-2021, 06:19 AM
MJ won with his bum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-sdnrLGrec&t=08m37s

GOAT

TheGoatest
12-28-2021, 08:45 AM
MJ won with his bum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-sdnrLGrec&t=08m37s

GOAT

I clicked on the link.
Closed it immediately after Jordan extremist narrating the vid said "What happened? Well, Pippen wasn't good".

By the way, just a WILD guess here: That propaganda video doesn't seek to explain "what happened" in 1986-87 season (last without Pippen), where a 3rd year 24 year-old Jordan finished lower than a team led by rookie 22 year-old Chuck Person.

HunterSThompson
12-28-2021, 09:32 AM
wait a minute. I thought Jordan's competition sucked. but apparently he needs a legendary sidekick just to get out of the first round

https://i.ibb.co/648q4SF/Shocking-Male-Dassierat-max-1mb-1.gif

John_Connor
12-28-2021, 10:29 AM
wait a minute. I thought Jordan's competition sucked. but apparently he needs a legendary sidekick just to get out of the first round

:roll:

Baller789
12-28-2021, 10:32 AM

TheGoatest isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

You don't really need to argue against him, he does that by himself.

:yaohappy:

expansionera
12-28-2021, 11:14 AM
Again, the 90s era was so weak and watered-down but thinks pippen is 'great'? :confusedshrug:

Gimme a goddamn break lmao.

If Pippen is weak why didn’t Jordan face any superior sidekicks during an NBA final? :hammerhead:

Pippen’s superiority to most 90s era first options is clearly demonstrative of how watered down the 90s were

TheMan
12-28-2021, 12:40 PM
The LeBronsexuals meltdowns only gonna get worse going forward as LeGeezer no longer competes for NBA titles but keeps on playing for his most prized goal...empty stats :(

expansionera
12-28-2021, 02:50 PM
The LeBronsexuals meltdowns only gonna get worse going forward as LeGeezer no longer competes for NBA titles but keeps on playing for his most prized goal...empty stats :(

Remember when Jordan threatened to retire if the Bulls traded Pippen? :lol

TheCorporation
12-28-2021, 02:52 PM
So how much more longevity would MJ need to get a 1st round win without Pippen?

Baller789
12-28-2021, 06:45 PM
So how much more longevity would MJ need to get a 1st round win without Pippen?

Just login your alt and respond to yourself.... Again! :oldlol:

BigShotBob
12-28-2021, 06:47 PM

It's over.....

TheCorporation
12-28-2021, 06:49 PM
Any answers yet? 5 years wasn't enough so then..

7 years?
8?
10 years?

Baller789
12-28-2021, 09:21 PM
Any answers yet? 5 years wasn't enough so then..

7 years?
8?
10 years?

If you haven't noticed...

No one cares

Baller789
12-28-2021, 09:23 PM
If Pippen is weak why didn’t Jordan face any superior sidekicks during an NBA final? :hammerhead:

Pippen’s superiority to most 90s era first options is clearly demonstrative of how watered down the 90s were

Yes but clearly he needed a legendary sidekick to move on from being Mr. 1-9 to going 6-6 right?

expansionera
12-28-2021, 09:31 PM
Yes but clearly he needed a legendary sidekick to move on from being Mr. 1-9 to going 6-6 right?

He needed to stack the deck to beat lesser teams, absolutely

John8204
12-28-2021, 09:32 PM
If they don't have Pippen then they likely don't trade Oakley for Grant. I think The Piston's likely 3 peat and the Jazz squeek one win out so Jordan likely goes 4-1.

Baller789
12-28-2021, 09:39 PM
He needed to stack the deck to beat lesser teams, absolutely

So that goes against your own narrative of Mike played in a weak era.

https://i.postimg.cc/BjbY7pr4/images-6.jpg (https://postimg.cc/BjbY7pr4)

expansionera
12-28-2021, 09:41 PM
So that goes against your own narrative of Mike played in a weak era.

https://i.postimg.cc/BjbY7pr4/images-6.jpg (https://postimg.cc/BjbY7pr4)
Lesser teams can not exist in a weak era? Don’t get mad at me because you can’t understand third grade logic

The facts Jordan needed Pippen while simultaneously playing in a weak expansion era are not mutually exclusive. The teams of the 90s were weaker than those of the 80s and today AND Jordan still couldn’t get past them without adding the second best player of his era

Baller789
12-28-2021, 09:49 PM
Lesser teams can not exist in a weak era? Don’t get mad at me because you can’t understand third grade logic

The facts Jordan needed Pippen while simultaneously playing in a weak expansion era are not mutually exclusive. The teams of the 90s were weaker than those of the 80s and today AND Jordan still couldn’t get past them without adding the second best player of his era

So Pippen is better than Hakeem Olajuwon? Barkley? Malone and Robinson?

expansionera
12-28-2021, 09:53 PM
So Pippen is better than Hakeem Olajuwon? Barkley? Malone and Robinson?

I’m confused, I didn’t say he was better than Hakeem :oldlol:

3ba11
12-28-2021, 09:58 PM
I clicked on the link.
Closed it immediately after Jordan extremist narrating the vid said "What happened? Well, Pippen wasn't good".

By the way, just a WILD guess here: That propaganda video doesn't seek to explain "what happened" in 1986-87 season (last without Pippen), where a 3rd year 24 year-old Jordan finished lower than a team led by rookie 22 year-old Chuck Person.

You don't need to be a Jordan propogandist to say that Pippen wasn't good in 1999 - it's an objective fact that virtually everyone in that Rockets organization agreed with - they GAVE pippen away to the Blazers for nothing because they wanted him gone so bad.

The video included all of that so it's too bad you didn't watch.

And who cares that Jordan lost in 87' with a low seed because Jordan's record with low seeds > Lebron's... Jordan has actually won series with a low seed including an upset of the #1 SRS, while Lebron lost with his only low seed in 21'... Otherwise, he was lucky that his other low seeds missed the playoffs in 04', 05', and 19' - so Lebron never had to carry his worst teams in the playoffs like Jordan and others who carried lottery teams to low playoff seeds

Honor Boost
12-28-2021, 11:00 PM
If five wasnt enough then seven can serve up wonders translating that in seven years then jordone gets a 1RD win

John8204
12-28-2021, 11:04 PM
You don't need to be a Jordan propogandist to say that Pippen wasn't good in 1999 - it's an objective fact that virtually everyone in that Rockets organization agreed with - they GAVE pippen away to the Blazers for nothing because they wanted him gone so bad.

The video included all of that so it's too bad you didn't watch.

And who cares that Jordan lost in 87' with a low seed because Jordan's record with low seeds > Lebron's... Jordan has actually won series with a low seed including an upset of the #1 SRS, while Lebron lost with his only low seed in 21'... Otherwise, he was lucky that his other low seeds missed the playoffs in 04', 05', and 19' - so Lebron never had to carry his worst teams in the playoffs like Jordan and others who carried lottery teams to low playoff seeds

Jordan 0-6 against Larry Bird in playoff games
Jordan 1-3 against The Pistons in series

Lebron beat his rivals...Jordan just kinda waited them out.

Baller789
12-29-2021, 12:51 AM
I’m confused, I didn’t say he was better than Hakeem :oldlol:

So was he better than prime Barkley and Malone?
See you're not as bright as you think you are. :lol

Shooter
10-03-2022, 12:08 AM

0x Rings
0x Finals
0x Conf Finals
0x Semi Finals

Guys?

Bacchus
10-03-2022, 10:01 AM
Probably as long as Lebron to win a Olympic Gold medal without Kobe. Jordan never played with a all-star lineup and did not make the playoffs

Axe
10-03-2022, 04:56 PM
More than 10 years.