PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest thing 3ball has said?

GrayGoat
12-28-2021, 03:25 PM
All turnovers are bad.

Not all assists are good or needed

/thread
Apparently the Suns and Warriors (nba top 2 teams) and top 5 in assists should stop assisting their scoring. It’s unnecessary :oldlol:

expansionera
12-28-2021, 03:28 PM
He has Kobe in his top ten, enough said

FireDavidKahn
12-28-2021, 03:31 PM
Stanley Johnson is the next Elgin Baylor

beasted
12-28-2021, 03:36 PM
Not sure what's stupid about this statement in essence.

Yes, it reeks of agenda, but it's completely true. A couple years ago Rondo would ball dominate the Celtics, Mavs, Bulls to the point it was assist hunting rather than actually facilitating the offense. Same with Westbrook.

Instead of passing you the ball earlier I'm going to just wait a few more clicks so you don't need to dribble so I can manufacture that assist. That's not good offense. That assist is not a good assist. All assists per game are not equal just like all points per game are not equal.

TheCorporation
12-28-2021, 03:39 PM
Probably him thinking Kobe is top ten :lol

SouBeachTalents
12-28-2021, 03:45 PM
Oubre > Klay.

Or completely flip flopping on several players.

3ba11
12-28-2021, 03:50 PM
Apparently the Suns and Warriors (nba top 2 teams) and top 5 in assists should stop assisting their scoring. It’s unnecessary :oldlol:

Of course you misunderstand what I said

ball-dominant assists = bad

ball movement assists = good

iso jordan = better than assist

:confusedshrug:

but you misunderstood...

remember, ball-dominance lets a defense rest, so they have more capacity to go off offensively.. otoh, ball movement wears out defenses, so they have less capacity for offense.. so ball movement assists > ball-dominant assists (and ball-dominant assists are also more predictable in general)

beasted
12-28-2021, 03:52 PM

iso jordan = better than ball-dominant assist

but you misunderstood
Fixed.

GrayGoat
12-28-2021, 03:54 PM

but you misunderstood

remember, ball-dominance lets a defense rest, so they have more capacity to go off offensively.. otoh, ball movement wears out defenses, so they have less capacity for offense.. so ball movement assists > ball-dominant assists (and ball-dominant assists are also more predictable in general)

No. You clearly think MJ shooting over 5 defenders is better than passing to the open player

3ba11
12-28-2021, 03:54 PM
No. You clearly think MJ shooting over 5 defenders is better than passing to the open player

Also,

ball movement assists = high team assists = good

ball-domiinant assists = low team assists = bad

so again, not all assists are good or necessary, whereas all turnovers are bad and LeFraud is the king of them

Johnny32
12-28-2021, 03:58 PM

but you misunderstood... also..

ball movement assists = high team assists = good

ball-domiinant assists = low team assists = bad

more movement on offense also means less energy on defense lol. but obviously the system depends greatly on personnel.

FireDavidKahn
12-28-2021, 04:51 PM
This assist argument is something that exists only in 3ball's head.

999Guy
12-28-2021, 05:44 PM
“LeBron = Detlef Schrempf”

Full Court
12-28-2021, 07:11 PM
Lol at how much 3ball triggers you Lebronies. You guys even make threads about him. :roll:

Spurs m8
12-28-2021, 07:15 PM
These threads are the epitome of someone who goes to bed and can't sleep, because they're playing 3ball quotes in their head :roll: