Was an All-Star for 14 of his 15 seasons
NBA Assist leader and NBA Scoring leader
Finals MVP on a losing team
2/3rds of his seasons he made the finals
made the NBA finals as a coach
Won 5 rings as the GM of the Showtime Lakers
Won Exec of the year for putting Shaq, Jackson, and Kobe together
Won 2 rings as an exec for The Warriors

As a players top 15, as a GM top 5, as a SG top 3. In 60 years no person has performed at a higher level in basketball.

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-28-2021, 10:48 PM
Hahahahhahaa goat

He has never even won a finals mvp on a winning team. Biggest finals loser ever despite less then 10 teams in his era. I'm pretty sure his defense selections were a myth as well, handed to him because he was white just like his loser finals mvp.

Kawhi has already surpassed him.

John8204
12-28-2021, 10:56 PM
Well I don't think you can call someone with 9 rings the biggest finals loser ever.

Full Court
12-28-2021, 11:23 PM
Well.....I suppose if you value longevity enough....

FireDavidKahn
12-28-2021, 11:28 PM
George Mikan.

He was WIDELY considered the best offensive player and defensive player and it wasn't even close. Injuries killed him

Spurs m8
12-28-2021, 11:30 PM
Why is OP so obsessed with guys that love to lose?

John8204
12-28-2021, 11:34 PM
Why is OP so obsessed with guys that love to lose?

Funny I would say Jerry has won at every level for 60 years...much better than some guy that won 6 titles in 8 years and flopped everywhere else he went after that.

12-29-2021, 08:01 AM
Who cares about GMing or being an executive:facepalm These are basketball players we're discussing for GOAT

John8204
12-29-2021, 06:08 PM
Who cares about GMing or being an executive:facepalm These are basketball players we're discussing for GOAT

Well that's the point isn't it...West is still a "basketball player", he's the logo. And we judge players based upon what they do on the court but many of the "GOATS" don't just end their careers on the court but they continue into executive, coaching, and ownership roles. When discussing players we only focus on the playing not the entire career. So Jordan who people consider the "GOAT" has failed horribly as an owner getting a title team together. Magic Johnson a great player .500 as a coach...Bill Russell fired as a coach....Kareem never given an opportunity to take the lead as a coach. Larry had some success though he was never able to win a chip he did come close. But Jerry...the guy helped put together and lead three different multi-title teams.

12-29-2021, 06:10 PM
Well that's the point isn't it...West is still a "basketball player", he's the logo. And we judge players based upon what they do on the court but many of the "GOATS" don't just end their careers on the court but they continue into executive, coaching, and ownership roles. When discussing players we only focus on the playing not the entire career. So Jordan who people consider the "GOAT" has failed horribly as an owner getting a title team together. Magic Johnson a great player .500 as a coach...Bill Russell fired as a coach....Kareem never given an opportunity to take the lead as a coach. Larry had some success though he was never able to win a chip he did come close. But Jerry...the guy helped put together and lead three different multi-title teams.
Why the hell does any of that shit matter or make West the best basketball player of all-time???

TheCorporation
12-29-2021, 06:12 PM
Hahahahhahaa goat

He has never even won a finals mvp on a winning team. Biggest finals loser ever despite less then 10 teams in his era. I'm pretty sure his defense selections were a myth as well, handed to him because he was white just like his loser finals mvp.

Kawhi has already surpassed him.

How can someone with 1 ring be the biggest loser ever when other players have zero rings?

paksat
12-29-2021, 06:17 PM
the GOAT is wilt chamberlin

dont let the fact he was born too early cloud that

HunterSThompson
12-29-2021, 06:19 PM
goat? no

best cross over player to front office.. sure maybe

1987_Lakers
12-29-2021, 06:20 PM
goat? no

best cross over player to front office.. sure maybe

You got that right.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/178603-jerry-west-lebron-has-surpassed-kobe-as-a-player

:applause:

12-29-2021, 06:25 PM
You got that right.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/178603-jerry-west-lebron-has-surpassed-kobe-as-a-player

midget jew steve jeff alts 30 year old jew jew lebron jew players opinions kobe steve 5'8 thecorporation lips jew midget alts lawyer thin lips 8ball kobe kobe kobe kobe

HunterSThompson
12-29-2021, 06:39 PM
You got that right.

I mean.. 09/10 or so is when lebron was sort of about to pass Kobe as a player sure... I agree with Jerry. I'd say more around the finals of 2010 when his knee issues caught up to him. I mean lebron was winning mvps and had better stats. more skilled? of course not.. more respected? never... as a productive player statistically.. yeah maybe. kobes peak was 2006/07. he was still great in 2008 and lucked out a pitty mvp cause the media didn't wanna get blamed for being too biased against him. then 2009 he was at the tail end of his prime that officially began in 2002/03

personally however I think lebron didn't pass kobe till 2012. cause while lebron had great numbers for many years prior. he was still a mental midget like Steven. a small man complex with insecurities and it showed in the 2011 finals. all his greatness during regular seasons was for nothing because he shat his underwear live on national TV when he finally was expected to get the job done. he couldn't because he never had a father. he's a mamas boy. he needed wade to be his daddy and teach him how to be a man

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-29-2021, 07:11 PM
How can someone with 1 ring be the biggest loser ever when other players have zero rings?

The biggest finals loser ever. The only other guy who comes close is kawhi's son the guy in your avatar.