PDA

View Full Version : Michael Beasley and Iman Shumpert want the Lakers to give them a call

Lebron23
12-29-2021, 02:42 AM
In light of the surge in COVID-19 cases across the league, players that were previously out of the NBA are getting chances to prove they still belong on a roster. The Los Angeles Lakers, for example, have used their hardship exceptions to sign Darren Collison, Stanley Johnson, Jemerrio Jones and Isaiah Thomas.

While Collison, Johnson and Jones still have time to make their cases, Thomas’s time with the Lakers is over, and there are already players lobbying to replace him (the Lakers are allowed to sign one more replacement player until another player on their team clears the health and safety protocols).

Last week, during an episode of “The Bootleg Kev Podcast,” Iman Shumpert made it known that he’s ready to reunite with his former teammates LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony:

“That’s on Bron, man. Bron know where I’m at. Bron, you know what time it is, man. That’s on you. You know who you can call. Melo, too. It ain’t just on Bron, I lied: Melo, that’s on you too. I don’t want to hear nothing about y’all little defensive issues and leadership and veteran issues. I don’t want to hear that out of them two.”

Shumpert had success playing alongside James in Cleveland from 2015 to 2018, but he hasn’t been able to stick to a roster since the Cavaliers traded him to the Sacramento Kings in the summer of 2018.

That same summer, the Lakers signed Michael Beasley, but he too was traded as a result of his team’s disappointing start. Now, he’s asking to be brought back. On Saturday, while the Lakers were playing the Brooklyn Nets, Michael Beasley tweeted at the Lakers’ official team account and basically asked for a job.

For those that don’t know, the Lakers’ social team doesn’t make decisions on team personnel, but that reality didn’t make his tweetstorm less funny:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/12/28/22857308/lakers-rumors-michael-beasley-iman-shumpert-replacement-players

RRR3
12-29-2021, 02:58 AM
Shumpert is a good perimeter defender even if he's bad offensively, so I'd give him a chance.

SATAN
12-29-2021, 03:45 AM
This is just sad.

TheGoatest
12-29-2021, 03:49 AM
https://images4.imagebam.com/35/16/a8/ME5V7WZ_o.gif

Im so nba'd out
12-29-2021, 03:58 AM
NBA makes no sense. wtf was boogie, carmelo, and greg monroe out of the league???? Shumpert was hooping on the Kings and they were decent that season up until the point they traded him...i shit u not.

He sounds delusional (to a casual) but he's not..He actually does make a team better and the lakers could absolutely use him. He could of worded it better tho but he's want back in the league so im not mad at him for ruffling feathers

HylianNightmare
12-29-2021, 04:15 AM
Beasley what a nutcase