PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's 30 ppg is losing a lot, while Curry's 30 is winning with much less help

3ba11
12-29-2021, 11:02 AM
So this season demonstrates how much Lebron's skillset underachieves talent - this is in addition to Lebron turning preseason favorites to Finals underdogs or losers for 7 straight years (2010-2016).

So he's just another ball-dominator but doesn't get knocked like other ball-dominators because he manufactured rings via super-teams - otherwise he'd be just another losing ball-dominator.

Shogon
12-29-2021, 11:09 AM
Shut the **** up, *****.

RRR3
12-29-2021, 11:11 AM
OP is furious LeBron doubled Kobe’s FMVP count.

SouBeachTalents
12-29-2021, 11:17 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493318-Curry-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-history

Airupthere
12-29-2021, 11:22 AM
Truth. But brontards dont want to hear it.

3ba11
12-29-2021, 11:25 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493318-Curry-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-history

Yes, it's well-docunented that Curry and Giannis proved me wrong, so kudos for pointing that out... :applause:

But I've never been wrong about Lebron.... EVER.. :rant.:no:.:lol

So unless you can find a post that I was dead wrong about Lebron, your post about Curry means exactly nothing.. I concede that Curry and Giannis proved me wrong and are therefore great - but show me where Lebron proved me wrong - re-post that one - waiting...

Shogon
12-29-2021, 11:27 AM
Yes, it's well-docunented that Curry and Giannis proved me wrong, so kudos for pointing that out... :applause:

But I've never been wrong about Lebron.... EVER... So unless you can find a post that I was dead wrong about Lebron, your post about Curry means exactly nothing.. I concede that Curry and Giannis proved me wrong and are therefore great - buy show me where Lebron proved me wrong - re-post that one - waiting...

Curry was better last year than he is this year and yet they're winning way more this year because... wow, shocker... the team itself is better.

What exactly did Curry do since May of this year that "proved you wrong"?

Shut the **** up, *****.

1987_Lakers
12-29-2021, 11:30 AM

So unless you can find a post that I was dead wrong about Lebron, your post about Curry means exactly nothing.. I concede that Curry and Giannis proved me wrong and are therefore great - but show me where Lebron proved me wrong - re-post that one - waiting...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?470932-PG13-is-a-lightweight-gets-bumped-off-his-spot-easy-low-impact-guy-Clips-aren-t

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?494702-If-Paul-George-wins-tonight-he-s-a-legendary-all-time-great-and-gt-Pippen

From "lightweight" to "all-time great"

3ba11
Curry was better last year than he is this year and yet they're winning way more this year because... wow, shocker... the team itself is better.

What exactly did Curry do since May of this year that "proved you wrong"?

Shut the **** up, *****.

Yes that's what true stars do - they build strategy and brand of ball each year, so the team can win organically without super-teams.

Otoh, Lebron can't build strategy/brand of ball each year because his frontcourt ball-dominance prevents the best strategy that teammates thrive with (ball MOVEMENT).

Shogon
Yes that's what true stars do - they build strategy and brand of ball each year, so the team can win organically without super-teams.

Otoh, Lebron can't build strategy/brand of ball each year because his frontcourt ball-dominance prevents the best strategy that teammates thrive with (ball MOVEMENT)

Shut the **** up, *****.

Airupthere
12-29-2021, 11:31 AM
Why do teams get better around curry if you give him some time. The opposite goes for lebron.

SouBeachTalents
12-29-2021, 11:33 AM

As Shogon said, what has Curry done since May that’s proven you wrong? Because rereading through that thread the only thing that was wrong were your takes on Curry. EVERYONE was in agreement that you had no idea what you were talking about :lol That thread invalidates any take you could ever have about Curry.

Shogon
12-29-2021, 11:34 AM
Why do teams get better around curry if you give him some time. The opposite goes for lebron.

LeBron's teams have never gotten better huh?

Shut the **** up, *****.

Airupthere
12-29-2021, 11:37 AM

Shut the **** up, *****.

Lol, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Calm down. Enjoy the day.

3ba11
12-29-2021, 11:40 AM

Curry has elite jumpshooting skill, which allows his scoring to be partially-assisted (off-ball assist target), thus elevating teammate role to playmaker and opening up strategic possibilities to build upon each year.

Otoh, Lebron's frontcourt ball-dominance reduces teammates to spot-up roles, so young studs like Ingram, THT, or Kuzma are reduced (requiring super-teams), while Jordan Poole and Wiggins grow/thrive alongside Curry's superior skillset (organic winning).

Lebron's ball-dominance imposes spot-up roles that doesn't BUILD a team's strategy or young players each year... That's why Lebron couldn't build the Cavs into champions and they finished worse every year after the initial 07' Finals run.. It proved to be a one-off like Iverson or Dwight... Even Kidd supercedes Lebron without super-teams

Bronbron23
12-29-2021, 11:44 AM
So this season demonstrates how much Lebron's skillset underachieves talent - this is in addition to Lebron turning preseason favorites to Finals underdogs or losers for 7 straight years (2010-2016).

So he's just another ball-dominator but doesn't get knocked like other ball-dominators because he manufactured rings via super-teams - otherwise he'd be just another losing ball-dominator.

We already saw what happened when these 2 match up with equal talent in their primes. Bron made steph look like one if his little kids. Yes steph plays a smarter brand of basketball but at the end of the day bron is so much better he can overcome that.

Maybe now that bron is older and steph is still in his prime that's not as true but we already saw who was more dominant in their primes.

3ba11
12-29-2021, 11:46 AM

Shut the **** up, *****.

Lebron's teams start out okay but always fizzle because his frontcourt ball-dominance is a basic brand that doesn't build strategy or young players every year like Curry's elite jumpshooting skill allows.. So Curry's teams grow each year (organic), while Lebron's teams decline after an initial high

3ba11
12-29-2021, 11:51 AM
We already saw what happened when these 2 match up with equal talent in their primes.

No, Kyrie did.

Imagine if Pippen went to the Finals and destroyed MVP Barkley or Malone - that's the help that Lebron had, so all of Jordan's rings are superior.. Only Lebron has sidekicks destroy the league MVP (most help possible), in the 11' Playoffs, 16' Playoffs and 20' Playoffs (most help ever).

More importantly, by having an equal scoring partner to attract equal defensive attention, Lebron never defeated maximum defensive attention/burden in the Finals or on various playoff runs - any period without facing maximum defensive attention equals inflated stats compared to Jordan, who always faced maximum defensive attention by carrying the scoring load in every SERIES, let alone playoff run.

SouBeachTalents
12-29-2021, 11:58 AM
No, Kyrie did.

Imagine if Pippen went to the Finals and destroyed MVP Barkley or Malone - that's the help that Lebron had, so all of Jordan's rings are superior.. Only Lebron has sidekicks destroy the league MVP (most help possible), in the 11' Playoffs, 16' Playoffs and 20' Playoffs (most help ever).

More importantly, by having an equal scoring partner to attract equal defensive attention, Lebron never defeated maximum defensive attention/burden in the Finals or on various playoff runs - any period without facing maximum defensive attention equals inflated stats compared to Jordan, who always faced maximum defensive attention by carrying the scoring load in every SERIES, let alone playoff run.
So this is a hindrance against LeBron, but Curry having peak Kevin Durant, who both outscored him and won FMVP over him for 2 of his titles, just doesn’t enter the equation :lol So all you’d have is the 2015 title where the Cavs were missing 2 of their 3 best players for nearly the entire series.

RRR3
12-29-2021, 12:12 PM
3ball is the single most destroyed poster in ISH history when it comes to basketball discussions. Just nonstop brutal beatdowns.

3ba11
12-29-2021, 01:38 PM
As Shogon said, what has Curry done since May that’s proven you wrong? Because rereading through that thread the only thing that was wrong were your takes on Curry. EVERYONE was in agreement that you had no idea what you were talking about :lol That thread invalidates any take you could ever have about Curry.

Curry is growing a team organically in 2022 like he did in 2015 - a new cast and he's doing it all over again, therefore CONFIRMING that he did indeed "learn how to win" (organic) in 2015.

So Curry does indeed "know how to win" (organic), which is the number 1 quality of a top 10 all-time player (and the primary reason Lebron objectively isn't in the top 10 all-time).

Btw, the ability to win organically (knowing how to win) is intertwined with skillset - Curry's elite jumpshooting skill is partially-assisted (off-ball assist target), which elevates teammates to playmaking roles, while Lebron's skill restriction to ball-dominance imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (team-hopping, aka talent-based winning).

Finally, it's easier for elite jumpshooters to do this double-dip and win organically again with a new cast, aka Curry in 2015/2022, or Bird at Indiana State (lol school) and then Boston, or MJ with a comletely new cast during the 2nd three-peat, (except Pippen who averaged 17 on 40% for entire 2nd three-peat playoffs, aka completely carried).. Kawhi with the Spurs/Raptors... So knowing how to win (organic) is TRANSFERABLE to new casts/teams, aka MJ goes 6/6 anywhere

Phoenix
12-29-2021, 01:51 PM
MJ's 37ppg in 1987 won less than Chuck Person's 19ppg.

1987_Lakers
12-29-2021, 01:52 PM

Damn

3ba11
12-29-2021, 01:59 PM

No you're wrong.

2nd year Jordan *2nd healthy season) won the same as Indiana, whereas so-called champion Lebron (who is supposed to know how to win) is winning FAR less than Curry

the difference in winning between lebron and curry this year is the difference in brand of ball between a ball-dominator and a ball-mover/elite jumpshooter

Johnny32
12-29-2021, 02:04 PM
curry last season (missed the playoffs) - 32 ppg on 48%
curry this season - 28 ppg on 43%

it's almost like basketball isn't 1v1

Phoenix
12-29-2021, 02:10 PM
No you're wrong.

2nd year Jordan *2nd healthy season) won the same as Indiana, whereas so-called champion Lebron (who is supposed to know how to win) is winning FAR less than Curry

1986-1987

Bulls 40-42- leading scoring Michael Jordan 37.1
Pacers 41-41- leading scorer Chuck Person 18.8

Michael Jordan is much better than Chuck Person
37ppg is nearly twice as much as 19ppg
41 is more than 40.

Lemme know what part of that isn't fact.

MadDog
12-29-2021, 02:16 PM
LeBron's time of possession and weak off-ball play might have a role. Also, I thought OP was a Curry hater? :oldlol: Not complaining, its actually cool you now understand his impact.

RRR3
12-29-2021, 02:27 PM
LeBron's time of possession and weak off-ball play might have a role. Also, I thought OP was a Curry hater? :oldlol: Not complaining, its actually cool you now understand his impact.
He’s been playing off ball way more lately tbh. Westbrook is forcing him to do.

Bronbron23
12-29-2021, 03:03 PM
No, Kyrie did.

Dude curry had kd for most of his chips.

And yeah kyrie was nice but bron doing everything freed kyrie up to just focus on scoring. Plus bron still was way better than curry plus he blocked his ass like a dozen times yelling and disrespecting him in the process. He really did own his ass.

DevBooker'sMask
12-29-2021, 03:04 PM
do you ever get tired of all the idiotic troll shit posting?

3ba11
12-29-2021, 03:12 PM
He’s been playing off ball way more lately tbh. Westbrook is forcing him to do.

Lebron is closing more possessions after being off-ball (higher assisted rate), but his time of possession is too high - it's still point guard level, which means that he can't quick-iso his man or catch-and-shoot (quick scores).. It's still basically your-turn-my-turn with westbrook.. Hence the losing despite literally the most help ever (Oscar and Duncan as sidekicks).. He's a fraud - all the stats and facts say so.. in b4 another useless longevity stat response

Full Court
12-29-2021, 05:05 PM
Shut the **** up, *****.

OP is furious LeBron doubled Kobe’s FMVP count.

OP makes a valid and astute observation. These two low IQ mouth breathers ^ have no counter-argument at all, so they do what they typically do - throw out insults and ignore the evidence OP presented.

They must think that if they white knight for Labrone on the internet enough, some day he'll let them be his girlfriend. It's really the only explanation.

RRR3
12-29-2021, 05:19 PM
Lebron is closing more possessions after being off-ball (higher assisted rate), but his time of possession is too high - it's still point guard level, which means that he can't quick-iso his man or catch-and-shoot (quick scores).. It's still basically your-turn-my-turn with westbrook.. Hence the losing despite literally the most help ever (Oscar and Duncan as sidekicks).. He's a fraud - all the stats and facts say so.. in b4 another useless longevity stat response
Comparing current Westbrook to Oscar Robertson should get you permabanned.

TheCorporation
12-29-2021, 05:22 PM

:lol What a tool. Deserves a bump :-)

Axe
12-30-2021, 08:14 AM
Four finals mpvs > zero finals mvps