PDA

View Full Version : Kareem Abdul-Jabbar criticizes LeBron James' COVID meme

1987_Lakers
12-29-2021, 01:41 PM
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/kareem-abdul-jabbar-criticizes-lebron-james-covid-meme-2021-12-29/

LeBron James and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar see eye-to-eye on social-justice issues, but they've got some distance to go to reach common ground on COVID-19.

Abdul-Jabbar recently took to his Substack to criticize James for a COVID-19 meme James posted to Instagram on Dec. 24. The meme shows three Spider-Men pointing at one another, with the labels "covid," "cold" and "flu" superimposed over each figure.

James has left the meme up despite criticism, and Abdul-Jabbar has termed the act risky and a "blow" to James' "worthy legacy."

"With 106 million Instagram followers, making such a post is automatically politically impactful because he questions the validity of the efforts to get the country vaccinated," Abdul-Jabbar wrote. "As is evident by some of the comments that cheer LeBron's post, he's given support to those not getting vaccinated, which makes the situation for all of us worse by postponing our health and economic recovery.

"To directly address LeBron's confusion ... experts agree that COVID-19 is at least 10 times more lethal than the flu. As for the common cold, death is extremely rare."

This comes on the heels of Abdul-Jabbar criticizing James' hesitancy to promote the vaccine as the NBA season was getting underway two months ago.

"We're all for freedom, but not at the expense of others nor if it damages the country," Abdul-Jabbar wrote. "That's why we mandate seatbelts, motorcycle helmets, car insurance, education for our children."

Abdul-Jabbar has been complimentary of James in regards to social justice and in his latest article praised James as "a necessary and dynamic voice critical of police brutality against the Black community."

But given that "vaccine hesitancy is higher in the Black community than in any other," Abdul-Jabbar argues that "one way to help the Black community to overcome their hesitancy and save lives is for prominent Black celebrities and influencers to continue to encourage everyone to get vaccinated and (get) their boosters."

ArbitraryWater
12-29-2021, 01:57 PM
What an absolute nut.

Does he know covid is nothing for ppl under 60 and those dying from it are either at an age where they‘d die eventually anyway or pre diseased?

Kareem is truly a moron.

If i dont wear a helmet i dont endanger anyone other either lol.

warriorfan
12-29-2021, 02:23 PM
Kareem the cuck.

Old ass needs to man up and stop being scared. Dude wants to f.uck with all the younger generations because he is scared of dying from the flu after he lived a long and fulfilling life. Selfish scumbag.

I hope he dies soon of something non Covid related so he will shut the f.uck up and it can’t be used for his pathetic agenda.

beasted
12-29-2021, 02:31 PM
What an absolute nut.

Does he know covid is nothing for ppl under 60 and those dying from it are either at an age where they‘d die eventually anyway or pre diseased?

Kareem is truly a moron.

Your logic is what is moronic since it goes against all advice from medical professionals of all countries and promotes the idea that people with strong immune systems should care less about their actions. Roughly 20% of the US population is 60 or older btw.

That absolute lunacy of the statement "eventually die anyway" since that applies to 100% of the population, and that those people aren't entitled to safety or precaution by others is downright the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Why don't you hasten your own 'eventual death' by playing jungle gym on a live electric wire. Thanks, broham.

expansionera
12-29-2021, 02:32 PM
Kareem’s ugly ass son stabbed some old guy for no reason and got off with a slap on the wrist. Kareem needs to invest that energy into monitoring his own household before criticizing GOAT

1987_Lakers
12-29-2021, 02:33 PM
Kareem’s ugly ass son stabbed some old guy for no reason and got off with a slap on the wrist. Kareem needs to invest that energy into monitoring his own household before criticizing GOAT

Damn, I didn't know this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kareem-abdul-jabbars-son-sentenced-to-180-days-in-jail-for-stabbing-neighbor/

Seems pretty recent as well. Looks like Kareem is just in full damage control.

beasted
12-29-2021, 02:36 PM
Kareem the cuck.

Old ass needs to man up and stop being scared. Dude wants to f.uck with all the younger generations because he is scared of dying from the flu after he lived a long and fulfilling life. Selfish scumbag.

I hope he dies soon of something non Covid related so he will shut the f.uck up and it can’t be used for his pathetic agenda.

So because he's old, he is not entitled to live more years?

There's a lot of dickheads on here.

I have no problem with anyone not wanting any vaccine, but the idea that covid19 is some imaginary concern that we don't need to do anything about is for the brainwashed hoes.

MadDog
12-29-2021, 02:44 PM

I have no problem with anyone not wanting any vaccine, but the idea that covid19 is some imaginary concern that we don't need to do anything about is for the brainwashed hoes.

Good post. Most of these dumb****s are deranged and should be institutionalized.

Bronbron23
12-29-2021, 02:58 PM
What an absolute nut.

Kareem is truly a moron.

Wouldn't say it's nothing for people under 60 in general but it's definitely nothing for healthy athletes. Kareem is the man but he's mostly wrong on this one

tpols
12-29-2021, 02:58 PM
Damn, I didn't know this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kareem-abdul-jabbars-son-sentenced-to-180-days-in-jail-for-stabbing-neighbor/

Seems pretty recent as well. Looks like Kareem is just in full damage control.

It looks like Uncle Kareem cut a deal with massa. I remember reading about how Ali stood up against shit like this. He'd be rolling reading this.

PeroAntic
12-29-2021, 03:01 PM
Your logic is what is moronic since it goes against all advice from medical professionals of all countries and promotes the idea that people with strong immune systems should care less about their actions. Roughly 20% of the US population is 60 or older btw.

That absolute lunacy of the statement "eventually die anyway" since that applies to 100% of the population, and that those people aren't entitled to safety or precaution by others is downright the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Why don't you hasten your own 'eventual death' by playing jungle gym on a live electric wire. Thanks, broham.

logic is useless with egomaniacal sociopaths like most antivaxers are

insight
12-29-2021, 03:02 PM
Kareem is 100% right but so many immature man-children running around here, they want to destroy the messenger.

insight
12-29-2021, 03:07 PM
It looks like Uncle Kareem cut a deal with massa. I remember reading about how Ali stood up against shit like this. He'd be rolling reading this.

Your an idiot, Kareem was vocal during the civil rights era, and called out the Millwaukee Bucks for treating blacks like 2nd class citizens. He believes Lebron is wrong on Covid and you claim he is some type of sell out and bring up his son's legal problems.
SMH

RRR3
12-29-2021, 03:11 PM
Kareem is right. You want proof? Look at all the stupidest posters getting mad at him :lol

tpols
12-29-2021, 03:15 PM
Your an idiot, Kareem was vocal during the civil rights era, and called out the Millwaukee Bucks for treating blacks like 2nd class citizens. He believes Lebron is wrong on Covid and you claim he is some type of sell out and bring up his son's legal problems.
SMH

Yea and now he's selling them all out. So that was just optics.

HunterSThompson
12-29-2021, 03:18 PM
the problem with lebron and Kareem is its not that one is right because he's informed and the other isn't right because he's misinformed. it's that one is right by accident because he's a young ignorant black guy that just doesn't trust anything white people create. and the other is old and will just believe whatever he's told by the mainstream and is acting out of bias due to age and selfishness over his own well being and thinks if he must take experimental drugs then everyone else should too.

the fact is neither man has done any actual research

warriorfan
12-29-2021, 03:22 PM

He’s being biased because he is old. Let’s be serious if Kareem was in his 20’s and had no fear of dying from a flu like illness he would be in the same boat as LeBron. Now he’s old and scared he doesn’t care about what’s right, just what he believes will save his own skin.

He’s a piece of shit.

beasted
12-29-2021, 03:41 PM
He’s being biased because he is old. Let’s be serious if Kareem was in his 20’s and had no fear of dying from a flu like illness he would be in the same boat as LeBron. Now he’s old and scared he doesn’t care about what’s right, just what he believes will save his own skin.

He’s a piece of shit.
I'm younger and in the group unlikely to have severe symptoms but I agree with taking basic precautions advised by medical experts of various nations for the general safety of others, and understand Covid-19 is a real threat.

Everyone doesn't have to live life with a selfish agenda. Your post is really immature.

We don't all have to agree with what precautions need to be taken whether that's a vaccine, mask, social distance, etc. But diminishing the threat is for the brainwashed birds

insight
12-29-2021, 03:49 PM
the problem with lebron and Kareem is its not that one is right because he's informed and the other isn't right because he's misinformed. it's that one is right by accident because he's a young ignorant black guy that just doesn't trust anything white people create. and the other is old and will just believe whatever he's told by the mainstream and is acting out of bias due to age and selfishness over his own well being and thinks if he must take experimental drugs then everyone else should too.

Nah,
Stop trying to imply Lebron and Kareem are dumb black men that don't take the time to do their research. We have no evidence to support that is the case.
In my opinon, the meme was irresponsible and sends out the wrong message about a complicated subject that has killed lots of people recently but Lebron has tried to be a positive role model for his community and I respect that even if I disagree with the meme.

HunterSThompson
12-29-2021, 04:06 PM
Nah,
Stop trying to imply Lebron and Kareem are dumb black men that don't take the time to do their research. We have no evidence to support that is the case.
In my opinon, the meme was irresponsible and sends out the wrong message about a complicated subject that has killed lots of people recently but Lebron has tried to be a positive role model for his community and I respect that even if I disagree with the meme.

but they are dumb ignorant black men. liberal shitheads is what I prefer to call them

Candace owens = educated black person

Larry Elder = educated black person

there's many others like them too

you act like I'm some kind of racist or something. some black men can have shit for brains you know. it is possible. just like some white people. don't kid yourself by thinking white people just look down on all black people because we think some of them are brain dead retards that can't trust anyone and burn down their communities any time they think the white manz holding them down somehow

FultzNationRISE
12-29-2021, 04:21 PM
Kareem is right. You want proof? Look at all the stupidest posters getting mad at him :lol

:biggums:

That's you dawg.

That's why youre an establishment cuck. You have the least brains to rely on as an individual.

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-29-2021, 05:06 PM
Kareem is correct here but he always comes off as a miserable asshole (even when he played) so I can't really take his side.

RRR3
12-29-2021, 05:11 PM
Nah,
Kenny is a white supremacist, anything he says can be ignored.

HunterSThompson
12-29-2021, 05:49 PM

you ever watch the Olympics or the world cup or a big ppv boxing match.. everyone thinks their country or people or gender is the best.

ever heard of feminists/LGBTQ/BLM/black panthers/black Israelits. ever heard of patriotism. ever heard of war. white people didn't invent narcissism or bias. and we sure aren't the ones pushing toxic tribalism in today's world.

liberals wishing death upon conservatives and unvaccinated and blaming everything on white males. that's the real issue going on

beasted
12-29-2021, 05:54 PM

Makes sense.

beasted
12-29-2021, 05:56 PM
you ever watch the Olympics or the world cup or a big ppv boxing match.. everyone thinks their country or people or gender is the best.

ever heard of feminists/LGBTQ/BLM/black panthers/black Israelits. ever heard of patriotism. ever heard of war. white people didn't invent narcissism or bias. and we sure aren't the ones pushing toxic tribalism in today's world.

liberals wishing death upon conservatives and unvaccinated and blaming everything on white males. that's the real issue going on

He's so smart he doesn't know it's called ethnocentrism. How do I attain your level of know-it-all-ness?

HunterSThompson
12-29-2021, 06:14 PM
He's so smart he doesn't know it's called ethnocentrism. How do I attain your level of know-it-all-ness?

just be honest. it's easy

white heterosexual conservative unvaccinated males don't have to be ashamed of themselves. we don't have to check anything or do anything to make you happy. worry about yourself first and everything will take care of itself

SATAN
12-29-2021, 06:55 PM
Wouldn't say it's nothing for people under 60 in general but it's definitely nothing for healthy athletes. Kareem is the man but he's mostly wrong on this one

yes Jason Tatum and KAT agree.

insight
12-29-2021, 06:59 PM

You are not conservative you are confused, there is nothing conservative about refusing a vaccine in a pandemic or not wearing a mask if the science says that's what we need to do to get through a crisis.
Are you going to tell me the Confederate Army were really the good guys too?

SATAN
12-29-2021, 07:00 PM
just be honest. it's easy

white heterosexual conservative unvaccinated males don't have to be ashamed of themselves.

You're a terrible person though.

kawhileonard2
12-30-2021, 12:45 AM
But given that "vaccine hesitancy is higher in the Black community than in any other," Abdul-Jabbar argues that "one way to help the Black community to overcome their hesitancy and save lives is for prominent Black celebrities and influencers to continue to encourage everyone to get vaccinated and (get) their boosters."

Kareem is right!

BurningHammer
12-30-2021, 01:01 AM
Candace owens = educated black person

Larry Elder = educated black person

there's many others like them too

They are smart enough to become rich by griefing uneducated idiots.

aj1987
12-30-2021, 01:29 AM
I think I'm objective when it comes to COVID. I'm vaccinated and boosted as well. The only reason I did any of that is because my mom is has health issues and I do not want to take a chance at all. With all that being said and seeing what's going on right now, I would say COVID is not that scary. I have a cousin (who's a doctor) in India who owns and runs a pretty big and famous hospital. He has met with and treated thousands of COVID patients since it all started. Three people have died under his care and they had underlying conditions. He never wore a mask and he still doesn't. He never caught COVID. Heck, he has his mother-in-law live with him and she's diabetic and has a heart condition as well. She's still doing good. She's around 65, if I'm not mistaken.

COVID is overblown, IMO. It has been politicized and the left are.. well, they're the left..:facepalm

LAL
12-30-2021, 05:26 AM
Kareem has become an even bigger puppet than Lebron. Strange strange times.

LAL
12-30-2021, 05:28 AM

Pretty much.

beasted
12-30-2021, 12:32 PM
I think I'm objective when it comes to COVID. I'm vaccinated and boosted as well. The only reason I did any of that is because my mom is has health issues and I do not want to take a chance at all. With all that being said and seeing what's going on right now, I would say COVID is not that scary. I have a cousin (who's a doctor) in India who owns and runs a pretty big and famous hospital. He has met with and treated thousands of COVID patients since it all started. Three people have died under his care and they had underlying conditions. He never wore a mask and he still doesn't. He never caught COVID. Heck, he has his mother-in-law live with him and she's diabetic and has a heart condition as well. She's still doing good. She's around 65, if I'm not mistaken.

COVID is overblown, IMO. It has been politicized and the left are.. well, they're the left..:facepalm

There's nothing overblown. You need to read more.

Don't want to trust the USA think big pharma is running things? Think Europe is just as politicized?

Then why are countries like North Korea who don't trust the word of any other country shutting its own borders? Why are numerous countries not part of the WHO taking their own Covid-19 anti-spread measures?

The reality it's a threat not only to Covid-19 deaths but to the general healthcare system.

True example story:
I have an employee who's father had a heart attack during this pandemic. Once stable they needed to schedule heart surgery to place stints, etc. Due to Covid Delta surge overwhelming that hospital the surgery kept getting pushed back. Days turned to over 3 weeks. Due to the surgery being pushed his father experienced irreversible kidney damage and will either need dialysis for life or a transplant. They eventually had to pay to get him airlifted to a hospital roughly 100 miles away to finally get the surgery done.

You see... This doesn't come out in the Covid-19 death reports, but it is the reality of most healthcare systems right now. So talking down Covid-19 and diminishing the importance of everyone taking proper precautions and safety measures isn't helpful.

jstern
12-30-2021, 05:18 PM

Don't want to trust the USA think big pharma is running things? Think Europe is just as politicized?

Then why are countries like North Korea who don't trust the word of any other country shutting its own borders? Why are numerous countries not part of the WHO taking their own Covid-19 anti-spread measures?

The reality it's a threat not only to Covid-19 deaths but to the general healthcare system.

True example story:
I have an employee who's father had a heart attack during this pandemic. Once stable they needed to schedule heart surgery to place stints, etc. Due to Covid Delta surge overwhelming that hospital the surgery kept getting pushed back. Days turned to over 3 weeks. Due to the surgery being pushed his father experienced irreversible kidney damage and will either need dialysis for life or a transplant. They eventually had to pay to get him airlifted to a hospital roughly 100 miles away to finally get the surgery done.

You see... This doesn't come out in the Covid-19 death reports, but it is the reality of most healthcare systems right now. So talking down Covid-19 and diminishing the importance of everyone taking proper precautions and safety measures isn't helpful.

Do you think it's a good idea to fire healthcare workers because they're unvaccinated? Even if they already had this flu and are immune? Do you think it's right to count somebody who's in the hospital for something else as a hospitalized Covid case because everybody gets tested, even if they have no symptoms or have mild symptoms?

ThRRR3tardSatan
12-30-2021, 05:22 PM
So Kareem's son is a muslim extremist that stabs Americans? Can't believe you only get 180 days for attempted murder by a terrorist.

theman93
12-30-2021, 05:25 PM
So Kareem's son is a muslim extremist that stabs Americans? Can't believe you only get 180 days for attempted murder by a terrorist.

His son is an extreme muslim terrorist?

I wonder why he didn't follow in his father's foot steps and play basketball. I'd hate to guard him. Can you imagine how explosive he'd be?

ThRRR3tardSatan
12-30-2021, 05:34 PM
His son is an extreme muslim terrorist?

I wonder why he didn't follow in his father's foot steps and play basketball. I'd hate to guard him. Can you imagine how explosive he'd be?

Idk, I was mostly joking. I thought Kareem was Muslim and Muslim extremists like to get stabby. Pretty messed up to stab an old guy a bunch of times over trash cans though.His son looks like he has a small amount of albino in him.

beasted
12-30-2021, 06:12 PM
Do you think it's a good idea to fire healthcare workers because they're unvaccinated? Even if they already had this flu and are immune? Do you think it's right to count somebody who's in the hospital for something else as a hospitalized Covid case because everybody gets tested, even if they have no symptoms or have mild symptoms?

Strawman, but I'll play along.

1. I think they should be furloughed indefinitely. The hospital needs predictable staffing. Having vaccinated workers with increased immunity to severe sickness is a smart move to try and stabilize staffing. Regardless of if you've had Covid-19, this article mirrors what most experts are saying: https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2021/12/27/22855399/omicron-variant-symptoms-based-on-covid-vaccine. Millions were sent home to work remotely to the same end, to try and stabilize staffing levels if possible. If it's not possible to work remotely this is the next best smart move to run the healthcare system. Minimize risk. I don't think the state should mandate, but employers should have every right.

2. Yes, absolutely. I don't even understand why this would be any point of contention. Is this a tree in the forest argument? If I don't get tested for HIV, I never had it? Wtf type of pointless question is this dude?

Full Court
12-30-2021, 08:06 PM
I feel obligated to come to Lebron James' defense here.

Even CNN, which is hardly a right wing news distributor, and which is basically an echo chamber for the establishment/Fauci narrative, just published an article on how to tell if you have a cold, the flu, or COVID. It was a lengthy article, and it could basically be distilled down to, "You can't tell the difference, so you should get tested."

Here's the article: https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/28/health/is-it-cold-flu-or-covid-wellness/index.html

At this point, any thinking person should be able to figure out that COVID is not much different from the flu or a cold for the vast majority of people - unless they are old or have other health conditions.

I have no problem with what Lebron posted, and he should neither apologize or recant. Kareem should shut his face.

kabacho
12-30-2021, 08:51 PM
Boomers are willing to burn it all down in order to try and save themselves.

jstern
12-30-2021, 11:08 PM
Strawman, but I'll play along.

1. I think they should be furloughed indefinitely. The hospital needs predictable staffing. Having vaccinated workers with increased immunity to severe sickness is a smart move to try and stabilize staffing. Regardless of if you've had Covid-19, this article mirrors what most experts are saying: https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2021/12/27/22855399/omicron-variant-symptoms-based-on-covid-vaccine. Millions were sent home to work remotely to the same end, to try and stabilize staffing levels if possible. If it's not possible to work remotely this is the next best smart move to run the healthcare system. Minimize risk. I don't think the state should mandate, but employers should have every right.

2. Yes, absolutely. I don't even understand why this would be any point of contention. Is this a tree in the forest argument? If I don't get tested for HIV, I never had it? Wtf type of pointless question is this dude?

1. Hospitals are short staffed because a lot healthcare workers were fired for refusing to get vaccinated. 2. The point being that a lot of the covid hospitalizations are not people hospitalized because they got a bad Covid infection. If I get hospitalized for breaking my leg, and I just happen to have the China virus, I get counted as a hospitalized case.

Heck, if I die in a car crash and happen to have Covid, I'll get counted as a death. Dying with Covid.

A person who recovers from the China virus is immune, yet you're so into this vaccine that you agree that they should still be forced to get vaccinated. For a virus which has an average death age that's over the average life expectancy of the average American. And the average person that dies from it, has an average of 3 comorbidities.

This is such a scam, unless you actually stop relying on the "media experts" who have a product to sell and do your own personal research, read studies. A post is not going to convince you. You have to spend hours doing your own research and using your own common sense.

The media has done such an amazing job that over 40% of democrats believe that over 50% of the people who get infected with the China virus are hospitalized. It's insane. The actual number is 0.8% with a good portion of those cases just being people who tested positive and just happened to be in the hospital for something else.

https://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/TGBCMS/a88p5hwkl0osqzb34lq4_g.png

beasted
12-31-2021, 10:03 AM
1. Hospitals are short staffed because a lot healthcare workers were fired for refusing to get vaccinated. 2. The point being that a lot of the covid hospitalizations are not people hospitalized because they got a bad Covid infection. If I get hospitalized for breaking my leg, and I just happen to have the China virus, I get counted as a hospitalized case.

Heck, if I die in a car crash and happen to have Covid, I'll get counted as a death. Dying with Covid.

A person who recovers from the China virus is immune, yet you're so into this vaccine that you agree that they should still be forced to get vaccinated. For a virus which has an average death age that's over the average life expectancy of the average American. And the average person that dies from it, has an average of 3 comorbidities.

This is such a scam, unless you actually stop relying on the "media experts" who have a product to sell and do your own personal research, read studies. A post is not going to convince you. You have to spend hours doing your own research and using your own common sense.

The media has done such an amazing job that over 40% of democrats believe that over 50% of the people who get infected with the China virus are hospitalized. It's insane. The actual number is 0.8% with a good portion of those cases just being people who tested positive and just happened to be in the hospital for something else.

https://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/TGBCMS/a88p5hwkl0osqzb34lq4_g.png

You let the cat out of the bag. You're a politically brainwashed hoe using false facts and Swiss cheese logic. So go get back on that strip now and don't make me tell you twice!

aj1987
12-31-2021, 03:05 PM

True example story:

I don't need to read the brainwashing propaganda being put out there. I've exprienced it first hand and COVID is a joke.

jstern
01-01-2022, 04:22 AM
You let the cat out of the bag. You're a politically brainwashed hoe using false facts and Swiss cheese logic. So go get back on that strip now and don't make me tell you twice!

At least tell me what the flaws are.