PDA

View Full Version : Morant or Trey Young?

TAZORAC
12-30-2021, 02:20 PM
Who would you rather have Morant or Trey Young?

Airupthere
12-30-2021, 02:22 PM
Its close but I pick Ja.

ShawkFactory
12-30-2021, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't trade Trae for Ja. But if I'm a wizards fan I probably wouldn't trade Ja for Trae. Really even, but Trae is someone who'd I trust a little bit more in a big game/series right now.

noonereal
12-30-2021, 03:00 PM
Young is the correct answer. He is unflappable under pressure.

Foster5k
12-30-2021, 03:00 PM
The one who makes more 3s.

Bronbron23
12-30-2021, 03:56 PM
Who would you rather have Morant or Trey Young?

Hard to say tbh. Ja takes less bad or tough shots so i'll go with ja but wouldn't be mad at anyone saying trae

HunterSThompson
12-30-2021, 04:11 PM
ja is Westbrook. once his athleticism dips he's trash. trae is like curry so he'l likely have more longevity

insight
12-30-2021, 04:32 PM
Both are great young talents in different ways but this is an easy one, Trae Young is the superior player. Trae is one of the few players in the league that faces double teams, traps, and full court pressure on a nightly basis and still is effective. Ja makes an incredible highlight or play on a nightly basis but shares the Alpha role with Dillon Brooks and less is required of him.

PeroAntic
12-30-2021, 05:09 PM
ja is Westbrook. once his athleticism dips he's trash. trae is like curry so he'l likely have more longevity

BS. Ja has insane finesse and craft. This is far from just athleticism. Hes a read and react type of player. Much more like DRose than Westbrook.

I take Ja over Trae but its a matter of personal aesthetic preference, otherwise they are both equally good.

insight
12-30-2021, 05:10 PM
Hard to say tbh. Ja takes less bad or tough shots so i'll go with ja but wouldn't be mad at anyone saying trae

This is fake news by the way. Trae will take an ill advised 3 early in the clock from time to time but he is in the top 10 in scoring effiencency. He is the only player top 5 in scoring and assist but haters going to hate.

Full Court
12-30-2021, 05:14 PM
Morant. He's a better player in my opinion. And Trae Young seems to take too many dumb, low-probability-of-making-it shots for no reason.

insight
12-30-2021, 05:16 PM
How are they equally good, when only one is Top 5 in scoring and assist and more efficient? Everybody is entitled to their personal preference and who they enjoy watching more but Trae and Ja are NOT on the same level. Ja ain't there yet.

insight
12-30-2021, 05:17 PM
Morant. He's a better player in my opinion. And Trae Young seems to take too many dumb, low-probability-of-making-it shots for no reason.

Based on what stats? I watch both Ja throws up crazy shots every game or makes a ridiculous turnover on a consistent basis. Trae is a more effiecient scorer so it must be personal bias.

Full Court
12-30-2021, 07:12 PM
Based on what stats? I watch both Ja throws up crazy shots every game or makes a ridiculous turnover on a consistent basis. Trae is a more effiecient scorer so it must be personal bias.

Maybe I haven't seen Morant play as much. Every Hawks game I've watched I've seen Trae throwing up shots from 8 feet behind the three point line multiple times when there's plenty of time on the shot clock. Usually he misses them. There's no good reason to be taking those kinds of shots. He's not Steph Curry. So yeah, perhaps I'm a little biased because of that.

ShawkFactory
12-30-2021, 07:41 PM
Maybe I haven't seen Morant play as much. Every Hawks game I've watched I've seen Trae throwing up shots from 8 feet behind the three point line multiple times when there's plenty of time on the shot clock. Usually he misses them. There's no good reason to be taking those kinds of shots. He's not Steph Curry. So yeah, perhaps I'm a little biased because of that.

I get frustrated by those sometimes myself but he's a smart guy and I think sometimes he does that just to keep the defense honest. Kind of like Aaron Rodgers taking a random deep shot that probably isn't going to happen, but just show people that it can.

I think ultimately it helps the offense in general. As annoying as it can be.

ShawkFactory
12-30-2021, 07:44 PM

Nah. Ja is crafty and has a better J at 22 than Westbrook has ever had.

He's not as ruthless and uncaring as Westbrook was either. Which when he was young was a positive for WB. Ja thinks things through more.

Mask the Embiid
12-30-2021, 07:49 PM
Traeway unless i have 2 people on the team better than JA then ill take JA cause he is a championship-caliber player and Trae sadly is not anymore with the rule change (barring a lucky road of playing injured teams like giannis last year).

But if they are both the best player on their team or only have 1 player better im going with Trae

ShawkFactory
12-30-2021, 07:52 PM
Traeway unless i have 2 people on the team better than JA then ill take JA cause he is a championship-caliber player and Trae sadly is not anymore with the rule change (barring a lucky road of playing injured teams like giannis last year).

But if they are both the best player on their team or only have 1 player better im going with Trae

He's had the best shooting year of his career. The dip in FTs hasn't bothered his game at all like some thought it would.

Like instead of beating his man and pulling up and getting fouled he just..keeps going. And it's worked out.

Mask the Embiid
12-30-2021, 07:55 PM
He's had the best shooting year of his career. The dip in FTs hasn't bothered his game at all like some thought it would.

Like instead of beating his man and pulling up and getting fouled he just..keeps going. And it's worked out.

Capela is worse this year

Hunter/BOG/Cam/Redhead = way too many chiefs not enough indians

Rule change

its over bro....

ShawkFactory
12-30-2021, 07:59 PM

Rule change

its over bro....

Capela has been legit bad defensively. Don't care what the numbers say.

Agree with you on the other thing too. The 4 of them are a little too similar and no one has been able to find their role. Doesn't help that DH hasn't been healthy at all.

The good news is that they're all tall and in a playoff series they are good enough to compartmentalize.

fsvr54
12-30-2021, 09:46 PM
Before injuries and covid protocols Trae had the Hawks starting 5 as the most efficient offensively in the league.

insight
12-30-2021, 10:26 PM

Rule change

its over bro....

Rule change???? The Hawks are one of the top offensive teams in the league and Trae is having a great year Top 5 scoring and assist.
The main problem with the Hawks is thier poor defense. They don't have that Draymond Green. Dillon Brooks tone setter defensive leader. Capela has really struggled this year anchoring the defense and the need better defensive play from the wing position.
The 2nd biggest issue is they struggle when Trae is on the bench. There are -14 or something like that when Trae is not in the game.
The rule changes have not affected Trae because he can score effectively on all 3 levels. He is complete offensively so most teams double or trap him to get the ball out of his hands.

iamgine
12-30-2021, 11:11 PM
I'd still pick Trae at this point but it's getting closer.

NugzFan
12-31-2021, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't trade Trae for Ja. But if I'm a wizards fan I probably wouldn't trade Ja for Trae. Really even, but Trae is someone who'd I trust a little bit more in a big game/series right now.

The wizards would trade ja for Trae in a second.

Btw: who is your favorite team?

Spurs m8
12-31-2021, 05:35 PM
I don't know what it is, but there's something about Morant I can't see lasting.

Like he's over achieving now and no way it gets maintained.

We will see