PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler - most underrated player?

StrongLurk
01-01-2022, 12:55 PM
Here is what he is doing since he amazing finals play against the Lakers.

73 games played - 27 PER, 60.8 TS%, 8.0 BPM, 127 ORTG, putting up 22/7/7 with 2 steals per game, only 2 turnovers.

It's been crazy to see how much this dude has improved in his career. He doesn't put up gaudy stats, but he is so damn efficient on offense with his possessions and still plays really good defense. His advanced stats are through the roof compared to his raw production. Jimmy Butler has been a legit superstar for the last few years and is the opposite of empty stats. He's basically the complete opposite version of Russell Westbrook.

Still can't believe the Sixers chose to keep Simmons over Butler lol.

Full Court
01-01-2022, 01:25 PM
Most underrated player? I'll second that.

Him not being an all star last year was one of the most egregious snubs ever.

And he should have won FMVP in 2020.

beasted
01-01-2022, 02:18 PM
Ben Simmons should model his game and work ethic after Butler. He'd be an MVP candidate.

insight
01-01-2022, 02:22 PM
Jimmy Butler is a fierce competitor but he is not that dude who demands double teams and is on the top of every scouting report. In 2020-21 Miami's record without Jimmy Butler was 7-13 borderline all-star is where he belongs.

beasted
01-01-2022, 02:52 PM
Jimmy Butler is a fierce competitor but he is not that dude who demands double teams and is on the top of every scouting report. In 2020-21 Miami's record without Jimmy Butler was 7-13 borderline all-star is where he belongs.

Who is on top of the Miami Heat scouting report? Duncan Robinson?

PeroAntic
01-01-2022, 03:17 PM

So a guy who turns a 25 win team to a 50 win team is borderline allstar. Astounding stupidity.

insight
01-01-2022, 03:20 PM
Who is on top of the Miami Heat scouting report? Duncan Robinson?

They don't have one guy who demands double teams, but they have several guys like Bam, Herro, Duncan, Lowery who could be Batman or Robin or any given night. If you focus on shutting down Jimmy he will pass to his teammates and contribute in other ways and Miami can still win games.

ShawkFactory
01-01-2022, 03:24 PM
Easily. He’s clearly a top 10 guy and I didn’t have him on that level previously. I’d take him over Lillard and Luka all day. Probably Harden too

insight
01-01-2022, 03:28 PM
So a guy who turns a 25 win team to a 50 win team is borderline allstar. Astounding stupidity.

What do you call a guy who has been in the league 10+ years and an all-star 5 times? FYI, If he was the only one responsible for the turnaround there would be no need to obtain Lowry or aquire Olidipo PJ Tucker.

insight
01-01-2022, 03:33 PM
Lillard maybe, they play completely different roles and positions. Luka no way. Harden No way.
Do you really think swapping Bulter with Harden on the Nets would make them a better team?

beasted
01-01-2022, 03:44 PM
Lillard maybe, they play completely different roles and positions. Luka no way. Harden No way.
Do you really think swapping Bulter with Harden on the Nets would make them a better team?

Next to Kyrie, Durant, and Harris? Yes.
In their current circumstances? No.

ShawkFactory
01-01-2022, 05:35 PM

I mean roles matter is suppose. Butler playing with KD will be less sensible than Harden.

But if I’m drafting a team I’m taking Butler every time.

Harden is a puss who checks out when it isn’t about him.

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-01-2022, 05:56 PM
Now pair him up with Orlando magic shaq in embiid (lakers shaq was just an offensive foul machine).

Then pair him up with Jason Kidd in Ben Simmons

That's the 2019 76ers that got daddy dick'd by Kawin

fourkicks44
01-01-2022, 07:10 PM
Here is what he is doing since he amazing finals play against the Lakers.

73 games played - 27 PER, 60.8 TS%, 8.0 BPM, 127 ORTG, putting up 22/7/7 with 2 steals per game, only 2 turnovers.

It's been crazy to see how much this dude has improved in his career. He doesn't put up gaudy stats, but he is so damn efficient on offense with his possessions and still plays really good defense. His advanced stats are through the roof compared to his raw production. Jimmy Butler has been a legit superstar for the last few years and is the opposite of empty stats. He's basically the complete opposite version of Russell Westbrook.

Still can't believe the Sixers chose to keep Simmons over Butler lol.

That is an oversimplification of the situation, but yes it was a disaster that Jimmy walked.

It is actually amazing that Jimmy hasn't weighed in and given his opinion of the current Ben Simmons situation. We know how much Jimmy loves to talk. Im even more surprised no reporters have even asked him questions about it.

StrongLurk
05-11-2022, 10:52 AM
Quick bump, once again JB showing he is a legit superstar.

Dude has been the best player in the playoffs so far.

9 games, 32.1 PER, 63.5 TS%, .343 WS/48 (leads league), 13.5 BPM (leads league in OBPM AND DBPM), 28/7/6, leads league in steals per game too.

bizil
05-11-2022, 11:34 AM
When you combine scoring, rebounding his position, defense, and passing as a package, Butler is top 10 all time peak-prime wise at the SF or SG. In terms of combining all those elements the best. And whichever position you choose to slot him in. I don't think A LOT of people realize that. So I do think Butler is hella underrated.

ShawkFactory
05-11-2022, 11:38 AM
Most underrated player? I'll second that.

Him not being an all star last year was one of the most egregious snubs ever.

And he should have won FMVP in 2020.

I see what you're doing here but you need to pick your spots better.

PeroAntic
05-11-2022, 11:38 AM
Butler is an MVP level player so obviously hes underrated. People just don't understand how good he actually is.

8Ball
05-11-2022, 12:40 PM
Jimmy Butler had an all time great finals performance in 2020 that I am not sure any of Jordan's opponent's ever had.

Now we know it was not a mistake.

ImKobe
05-11-2022, 12:54 PM
Jimmy Butler had an all time great finals performance in 2020 that I am not sure any of Jordan's opponent's ever had.

Now we know it was not a mistake.

Bran's match-ups (KD, Butler, Kawhi) have ATG performances against him in the Finals because he's not a good defensive player as he spends his energy maximizing his averages to the detriment of his own team. A role player like Kawhi eviscerated him in 3 straight games in 2014. KD shot over 60% when guarded by Bran in single coverage. Butler was doing his MJ impersonation until the Lakers put AD on him in Game 6 and shut him down.

Chuck had a great Finals series in '93, Magic was great in '91 too.

8Ball
05-11-2022, 02:53 PM
Bran was even greater in 2020 than the great Jimmy Butler performance.

Alls well that ends well.

Ill take Jimmy Butler over Clyde drexler anyday.

tpols
05-11-2022, 03:13 PM
Yes he is. Plays offense with patience and intelligence while being a lockdown defender. Elite efficiency on both ends and is tough intangibly.

In the Clyde thread oltimers were making it seem like it wasn't close. What does drexler do that butler doesn't? He's a little faster and that's about it. But Butler is a more skilled shooter, dribbler etc. And arguably tougher defensively.

PeroAntic
05-11-2022, 03:16 PM
Not sure Clyde is even faster. Jimmy is as quick as a cat. I think Clyde is a better leaper and thats about it.

tpols
05-11-2022, 03:19 PM
What do you call a guy who has been in the league 10+ years and an all-star 5 times? FYI, If he was the only one responsible for the turnaround there would be no need to obtain Lowry or aquire Olidipo PJ Tucker.

You just proved how underrated he is. He deserves more accolades than many above him. And the Heat made the Finals without Lowry or Oladipo. With trash pre season odds. So Butler definitely is having a major effect.

tpols
05-11-2022, 03:23 PM
Not sure Clyde is even faster. Jimmy is as quick as a cat. I think Clyde is a better leaper and thats about it.

From what I've seen Clyde did seem to be extremely graceful gliding down the court especially in transition. Butler is more herky jerky and tries to out muscle people. And it works... He's definitely underrated imo. I would take Butler over top ranked SGs like Iverson easily.

FKAri
05-11-2022, 05:03 PM
I was surprised how many people thought this guy was a villain after the Minny situation. And then The Heat got to the finals people were just calling it a fluke. So yea he does get underrated.

GimmeThat
05-11-2022, 05:17 PM
hasn't played more than 58 games the last 3 seasons, doesn't that amount of games played automictically disqualifies him for multiple awards

j3lademaster
05-11-2022, 05:57 PM
He has an argument for best player in the playoffs so far. Dude’s a gamer.

StrongLurk
05-28-2022, 06:04 AM
Jimmy is the complete opposite of "empty stats". Dude is a legit superstar.

His scoring numbers can seem underwhelming which is why people underrate him, but his advance stats have been great for a while. Also he's only recently peaked, very late into his career. Granted this current era is easy to put up offensive numbers, but JB also passes the eye test enough for me. My only complaint is he gets too many easy free throws/calls.

StrongLurk
04-24-2023, 09:18 PM
Bumping this again.

JB is a real superstar. No empty stats at all. He raises his game come playoff time (he wasn't healthy in 2021).

The only thing negative I will say about him is he for sure gets more free throws than he deserves. His free throw rate % is Harden-esque.

PeroAntic
04-24-2023, 09:40 PM
Bumping this again.

JB is a real superstar. No empty stats at all. He raises his game come playoff time (he wasn't healthy in 2021).

The only thing negative I will say about him is he for sure gets more free throws than he deserves. His free throw rate % is Harden-esque.

At least he doesnt get those freetthrows from hooking his arm.

SATAN
04-24-2023, 09:48 PM
Pretty sure everyone knows how good he is at basketball. I wouldn't call him a superstar though because to me that encompasses more than what's happening on court.

Kblaze8855
04-24-2023, 10:03 PM
I recall people acting like I was out of my mind just for saying I would t want Harden over Butler. Like I was just being a dick or something. I grant…there’s a chance I was being a dick in the way I said it…but that doesn’t make it a stupid thing to say.

John8204
04-24-2023, 10:04 PM
MVP

dear Timberwolves....Sixers....and Bulls

https://media.tenor.com/LSpTK7AajC0AAAAC/axe-jimmy-butler.gif