PDA

View Full Version : Nets are just good...

dankok8
01-01-2022, 02:57 PM
...but not great.

Feel free to disagree but the metrics say so.

Yes they are tied for 1st in the East but they are 23-10 which is 57-win pace. Their SRS which is a better indicator of team quality is +2.46 which is 5th in their own conference and 9th in the NBA. The Nets are a very solid 5th in DRtg but a surprising 12th in ORtg after breaking the ORtg record last year. They don't really have any excuses. They've actually been one of the least injury and Covid-ravaged rosters this season. Both KD and Harden are better when the other is not on the court. And they don't have much time to figure out especially with Kyrie now coming back just for road games and messing up that chemistry further.

Anyways if the playoffs started now I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if any of Bulls, Bucks, Sixers, Heat, or Cavs took them out of the playoffs. Thus I predict a 2nd round exit for this team even if healthy. Yes they've only played 33 games so this could change but as of now they have a lot of work to do.

Proctor
01-01-2022, 04:11 PM
...but not great.

Yes they are tied for 1st in the East but they are 23-10 which is 57-win pace. Their SRS which is a better indicator of team quality is +2.46 which is 5th in their own conference and 9th in the NBA. The Nets are a very solid 5th in DRtg but a surprising 12th in ORtg after breaking the ORtg record last year. They don't really have any excuses. They've actually been one of the least injury and Covid-ravaged rosters this season. Both KD and Harden are better when the other is not on the court. And they don't have much time to figure out especially with Kyrie now coming back just for road games and messing up that chemistry further.

Anyways if the playoffs started now I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if any of Bulls, Bucks, Sixers, Heat, or Cavs took them out of the playoffs. Thus I predict a 2nd round exit for this team even if healthy. Yes they've only played 33 games so this could change but as of now they have a lot of work to do.
Lol, what? If anything, they've been one of the hardest hit.

Durant has missed plenty of games. Harden, Aldridge, Claxton, Harris (who is still out) have missed significant time, Kyrie still hasn't played. The only Net who has been pretty much invincible has been Mills. Despite that, they have a very good, hard working and gritty team. Unfortunately, Harden is kind of redundant on the team and has been in and out of the rotation. He's better when Durant isn't on the floor but that doesn't say much. He's declined a bit and is still low IQ at important junctions of the game. It's my firm belief they'd be better if they traded him and rounded out their team with depth. They don't need 3 stars. They have some elite roleplayers (Mills, Harris, etc) and some nice a little of everything types like James Johnson and Millsap. Their rookies looked very good (Duke and Edwards) when thrusted into action by having a depleted team. They need to get healthy and see what they have then. They are very deep as is.

And yet with all of that noise and having a completely gutted team, they are 23-10 like you said. Yeah, they're perfectly fine.

fourkicks44
01-01-2022, 04:12 PM
There is almost zero chance the Sixers, Bulls or Cavs beat the Nets in a playoff series.

Cyrus334
01-01-2022, 04:17 PM
...but not great.

Yes they do, its called Kyrie Irving. They assembled this team initially with the belief Kyrie would be playing with Harden and KD and this year he hasn't.

Full Court
01-01-2022, 04:56 PM
There is almost zero chance the Sixers, Bulls or Cavs beat the Nets in a playoff series.

I think the Bulls, Bucks, and Heat have a legitimate shot at beating them. Nets are the rightful favorites though.

dankok8
01-01-2022, 05:06 PM
^ Sixers could take them too. They can't stop Embiid and that team has a few good players like Maxey and Harris and really good shooters.

Cavs probably not especially with Sexton also out for the season which I didn't realize before. I honestly think the Cavs plummet and miss the playoffs.

Lol, what? If anything, they've been one of the hardest hit.

Durant has missed plenty of games. Harden, Aldridge, Claxton, Harris (who is still out) have missed significant time, Kyrie still hasn't played. The only Net who has been pretty much invincible has been Mills. Despite that, they have a very good, hard working and gritty team. Unfortunately, Harden is kind of redundant on the team and has been in and out of the rotation. He's better when Durant isn't on the floor but that doesn't say much. He's declined a bit and is still low IQ at important junctions of the game. It's my firm belief they'd be better if they traded him and rounded out their team with depth. They don't need 3 stars. They have some elite roleplayers (Mills, Harris, etc) and some nice a little of everything types like James Johnson and Millsap. Their rookies looked very good (Duke and Edwards) when thrusted into action by having a depleted team. They need to get healthy and see what they have then. They are very deep as is.

And yet with all of that noise and having a completely gutted team, they are 23-10 like you said. Yeah, they're perfectly fine.

One of the hardest hit? Are you serious? KD missed 5 games and Harden missed 4. Mills played the whole season. Most other teams in the NBA were hit harder than they were. Take the Bucks where Giannis missed 8 games. Jrue missed 7 games, Middleton missed 11 games. Or the Heat? Lakers? Mavs? Nuggets? Clippers? These teams have been ravaged compared to the Nets.

hold this L
01-01-2022, 05:12 PM
If Kyrie gets his vaccine, they should be by far the overwhelming favorites to win it all. He will significantly improve their offense and their D has already been great this year.

Foster5k
01-01-2022, 07:14 PM
Nobody in the East can stop KD. Throw in Harden and Kyrie, on the road, and you have a team that's coming out of the East. The 76ers are good but are missing a piece. Embiid will not be able to carry them in a 7 game series vs KD and a loaded Nets squad. Bad thing is, even when the 76ers have home court advantage, the advantage is still with the Nets because they will add Kyrie. The Bucks have a shot but, again, good luck stopping KD, James Harden, and Kyrie on the road. Remember that KD pretty much single handedly, with a smaller shoe size, would have sent the Bucks fishing.

Nets are the biggest threat in the East and possibly the entire NBA.

ShawkFactory
01-01-2022, 07:24 PM

Cavs specifically. Provided they stay intact, they’ll be formidable for the next decade. But not quite yet.

noonereal
01-01-2022, 07:25 PM
...but not great.

Dude, the Nets gave played without Kyrie, with the Harden rule, with the worse Covid protocols disposition in the league and are still in first.

They played 4 games recently with only one starter available and went 3-1. 8n other words, you don't know wtf you are talking about.

noonereal
01-01-2022, 07:26 PM
...but not great.

Quick question. Do you follow basketball at all?

noonereal
01-01-2022, 07:30 PM
Obviously.

The nets came within a toe, a toe of breaking Milwaukee last year. That was with kyrie out and Harden playing injured. And I mean injured, he should never have been in the court. Nash did not have the stones to tell him no, sit, you are hurting the team.

noonereal
01-01-2022, 07:33 PM
I think the Bulls, Bucks, and Heat have a legitimate shot at beating them. Nets are the rightful favorites though.

Only if injuries or nutzo irving create a problem.

MadDog
01-01-2022, 07:34 PM
At full strength they should be favorites. KD/Kyrie/Harden are still the best trio in the league. The supporting cast around them isn't too shabby either.

JohnMax
01-01-2022, 07:38 PM
Nets looked bad last season too until they turned it on in playoffs.

FultzNationRISE
01-01-2022, 08:31 PM
They have the potential to be great, they also have the potential to be a complete disaster given infamous lack of mental toughness at the top of their roster. And that’s without factoring in the random nature of injuries.

They might **** around and win it all, but this is not a team you bet on. Ever.

Hey Yo
01-01-2022, 08:55 PM
Obviously.

The nets came within a toe, a toe of breaking Milwaukee last year. That was with kyrie out and Harden playing injured. And I mean injured, he should never have been in the court. Nash did not have the stones to tell him no, sit, you are hurting the team.

Harden put up 22-9-9 in game 7. I wouldn't say he hurt the team.

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-01-2022, 09:27 PM
Seems like two permiteter stars never work in terms of getting their stats.

Kawhi/George have been inconsistent

LeBron/Wade failed in 2011 until wade became a pippen

The only one that worked was curry Durant I guess because of currys off ball game.

Harden with the nets is manu Ginobili while playing with Irving or durant. A 17- 20PPG scorer with elite play making. I guess this should make people appreciate manu more.

FultzNationRISE
01-01-2022, 10:40 PM
Seems like two permiteter stars never work in terms of getting their stats.

Kawhi/George have been inconsistent

LeBron/Wade failed in 2011 until wade became a pippen

The only one that worked was curry Durant I guess because of currys off ball game.

Harden with the nets is manu Ginobili while playing with Irving or durant. A 17- 20PPG scorer with elite play making. I guess this should make people appreciate manu more.

In terms of skillset yeah, in terms of mentality and intangibles thats a huge disrespect to Manu.

imdaman99
01-01-2022, 10:57 PM
This Nets-Clippers game is good. I'll only watch a Nets game if they are in danger of losing, which is barely ever nowadays :oldlol:

Bledsoe is still good :confusedshrug:

Mask the Embiid
01-01-2022, 11:07 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/fUw7oSLn57ioIqypGE/giphy.gif

dankok8
01-02-2022, 12:44 AM
They have the potential to be great, they also have the potential to be a complete disaster given infamous lack of mental toughness at the top of their roster. And that’s without factoring in the random nature of injuries.

This guy gets it. I never said Nets can't win the title. I just said they are among 7-8 teams that are going to realistically contend. They aren't ahead of the pack by any means. And I would bet on the field to come out of the East over the Nets even if they are healthy.

Today's loss to the Clippers at home proves my point. And they had a full roster. I don't even count Kyrie because there is no indication he will get vaxxed or NY gets rid of its vaccine mandate. In other words Kyrie won't be there for half of their games. To be honest he can ruin their chemistry.

noonereal
01-02-2022, 05:23 PM
Harden put up 22-9-9 in game 7. I wouldn't say he hurt the team.

He hurt the team, badly.

Did you watch????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

hold this L
01-02-2022, 05:42 PM
This guy gets it. I never said Nets can't win the title. I just said they are among 7-8 teams that are going to realistically contend. They aren't ahead of the pack by any means. And I would bet on the field to come out of the East over the Nets even if they are healthy.

Today's loss to the Clippers at home proves my point. And they had a full roster. I don't even count Kyrie because there is no indication he will get vaxxed or NY gets rid of its vaccine mandate. In other words Kyrie won't be there for half of their games. To be honest he can ruin their chemistry.

There really aren't 7 or 8 teams though. There's 5 at most presuming corona/injuries don't play a role.

dankok8
01-02-2022, 07:45 PM
There really aren't 7 or 8 teams though. There's 5 at most presuming corona/injuries don't play a role.

Actually I count 9 teams right now that could win the chip this year and it wouldn't surprise me.

Warriors
Suns
Jazz
Lakers
Nets
Bulls
Bucks
Heat
Sixers

Even Clippers and Denver if they were healthy would be in the hunt. I don't think the league ever had this much parity since the 70's.

Jasper
01-03-2022, 12:14 AM
Nets will be in the championship of the east again.
KD and Hard are showing they can play together ... Hard is showing his PG skills from the days of OAK

So someone will really have to bust a nut to get by them.
(I still feel their weakness is their bench , which forces Hard, KD and Aldridge to play more minutes)

dankok8
01-04-2022, 10:14 AM
Nets losing 3 in a row now down to 3rd seed. Y'all folks still think they are winning it all? They definitely have the talent but their stars take turns playing iso ball.

imdaman99
01-04-2022, 10:44 AM
:lol it's just a blip, they will be fine come playoffs. I hate them and I can admit they are a dangerous team and can take anyone out in a series.

Johnny32
01-04-2022, 10:58 AM
Nets losing 3 in a row now down to 3rd seed. Y'all folks still think they are winning it all? They definitely have the talent but their stars take turns playing iso ball.

i think they'll easily make the finals if kyrie is playing.

Akeem34TheDream
01-04-2022, 11:15 AM
I just hope we see another Bucks vs Heat matchup sometime in the playoffs. That can turn into a great rivalry.

hold this L
01-04-2022, 11:53 AM
i think they'll easily make the finals if kyrie is playing.

He's starting to play soon.

Manny98
01-04-2022, 12:16 PM
Bookmarked for when KD lifts his 3rd trophy + FMVP

noonereal
01-04-2022, 07:08 PM
Nash is the weakest link followed closely by Harden.

dankok8
01-04-2022, 07:14 PM
Bookmarked for when KD lifts his 3rd trophy + FMVP

Bro I hope I'm wrong. I'm not hating on the Nets but they just haven't played that well.

dankok8
01-08-2022, 04:37 PM
Nets are now 0-8 against top 4 seeds in either conference right now. That includes games against Bulls, Bucks, Heat, Suns, Warriors, Grizz (haven't played Jazz yet...). 6 out of those 8 losses by double digits too.

YIKES!!!

beasted
01-08-2022, 04:58 PM
Nets are now 0-8 against top 4 seeds in either conference right now. That includes games against Bulls, Bucks, Heat, Suns, Warriors, Grizz (haven't played Jazz yet...). 6 out of those 8 losses by double digits too.

YIKES!!!
:milton

noonereal
01-11-2022, 01:42 PM
Fire Nash.

SATAN
01-11-2022, 04:09 PM
Blow it up.

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-11-2022, 06:30 PM
Durant has just never felt like a dominant player outside of his warriors run and that trend has continued with nets. He has the stats but the impact has just never been there. I don't know why exactly, lack of IQ, leadership, intangibles is my only guess.

Micku
01-11-2022, 09:08 PM
I'm going to reverse judgement on that one.

Their situation is unique since Kyrie is a part time player rn. And they aren't fully healthy either. James Harden took a step back too from what he would usually do. If he was playing as he did last year, before the hamstring, then they would look more deadly. We'll see if Joe Harris could help them too on the offensive stand point. Usually teams gott'a be elite at both ends to be able to win it all, at least top 10, but only two teams are top 10 in the East I think. The Miami Heat and the Bucks. But even with that, the inconsistent lineup that the league is facing with covid and injuries, it's gets a bit wonky. So the team with the healthiest would probably be ahead in the RS.

If the playoffs were to start right now, I think they could very well get knocked out in the 2 round. But the parity of the East is pretty high. It could honestly go between them, the Bulls, Bucks, or Heat (if healthy). Philly too if Embiid keeps playing great. I think the Cavs might make some noise and compete with any team, but I don't think they'll beat the top 5 eastern teams atm. I could be underestimating them tho.

I do think that there isn't really a clear cut team that is going to come out of the East. Unlike last year, when I was for sure the Nets would go to the finals if healthy, this year, a bunch of teams could make it there. The Nets would have to turn it up in the playoffs and hope they stay healthy. They need it seeing how the other teams are playing atm. KD exploded in the POs last year, and he might be able to do it again seeing how well he is playing. But he needs Harden and Kyrie to stay healthy.

Proctor
01-13-2022, 11:49 PM
No Irving, no Durant, Nets lose at home by 20 to the 13-27 Thunder. Harden gets clamped up by Dort...like always. :yaohappy:

He's soooo good though!!!! He plays better with no KD!!!! lol

Spurs m8
01-13-2022, 11:53 PM
That what happens when you're lead by a loser

FultzNationRISE
01-14-2022, 12:01 AM
The Push.

AlternativeAcc.
01-14-2022, 12:13 AM
That's because you're an idiot and can't infer that they will be great in the playoffs when it matters so long as they're healthy.

They would've won the championship if harden was healthy last year.

What an atrocious thread

noonereal
01-14-2022, 01:05 PM
Fire Nash. It's teh Nets only chance.

noonereal
01-15-2022, 01:36 PM
Kyrie destroyed the Nets.

Proctor
01-15-2022, 02:19 PM
Kyrie destroyed the Nets.
Nets can win in spite of Kyrie. They cannot win in spite of Harden. He's just a black hole

FultzNationRISE
04-25-2022, 08:55 PM
Nets can win in spite of Kyrie. They cannot win in spite of Harden. He's just a black hole

Oof.

ArbitraryWater
04-25-2022, 09:02 PM
Actually I count 9 teams right now that could win the chip this year and it wouldn't surprise me.

Warriors
Suns
Jazz
Lakers
Nets
Bulls
Bucks
Heat
Sixers

Even Clippers and Denver if they were healthy would be in the hunt. I don't think the league ever had this much parity since the 70's.

damn,

mentioned 9 teams that could win it, but not the one that actually will (Mavs).

Lol.

FultzNationRISE
04-25-2022, 09:06 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/Q8lc0wimTcmfvujJMP/giphy.gif

ArbitraryWater
04-25-2022, 09:12 PM
with how on the money fultz' predictions are here, you'd never think this guy would say the will smith punch was staged!

AlternativeAcc.
04-25-2022, 09:12 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Q8lc0wimTcmfvujJMP/giphy.gif

They might win the title but if not I'll be right either way :lol