PDA

View Full Version : Are we sleeping on Miami ATM?

Im Still Ballin
01-01-2022, 11:23 PM
Despite lots of injuries, they've managed a 23-13 record. Only 1 game off the 2nd spot, and 2 games off the 1st spot.

Jimmy has missed 15 games out of 36 this season. Bam has missed 18 of 36 and will miss more until he returns in 1-3 weeks. Herro has also missed 6 and Kyle 4, but that's not too dramatic.

They're currently the 7th best offense and 7th best defense, so they're balanced. Spoelstra teams are well-coached.

Proctor
01-01-2022, 11:30 PM
Yes. They've been a boring watch since they're playing a skeleton crew but once they're healthy, they have a gritty, unselfish, talented team that I can see against the Nets or Bucks in the ECF. They've been able to continue developing depth guys like Strus and Yurtseven.

John8204
01-02-2022, 06:33 AM
They've been can crushing on a skeleton crew I can see them healthy making a big run

Im Still Ballin
01-26-2022, 10:15 PM
Bump!

Full Court
01-26-2022, 10:18 PM
Almost the all star break, and they're top seed. Doubt too many people are sleeping on them now.

1987_Lakers
01-26-2022, 10:20 PM
This proves their run in 2020 was no fluke. Lakers were beating legit teams out there.

Im Still Ballin
01-26-2022, 10:20 PM
Almost the all star break, and they're top seed. Doubt too many people are sleeping on them now.

Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra have got that team running like the Spurs of old. They can just substitute/find under-the-radar guys who can contribute.

HylianNightmare
01-26-2022, 10:52 PM
Ecf

Full Court
01-26-2022, 10:56 PM
This proves their run in 2020 was no fluke. Lakers were beating legit teams out there.

Nice try. 2020 was the weakest ring in the last 30 years.

PeroAntic
01-26-2022, 10:56 PM
Depends on whether Jimmy has his mojo working in the playoffs. Last time it was hard to watch, he was missing shots he is used to making in his sleep.

insight
01-26-2022, 11:05 PM
Miami is a dangerous team, they are a solid team with good depth. The east is up in the air the Heat are in the mix.

beasted
01-26-2022, 11:11 PM
NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) Tweeted:
The Miami Heat are legit �� https://t.co/kArZbYJdb1 https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1486357217397944320?s=20

highwhey
01-26-2022, 11:19 PM
i will laugh my butt off is gianna gets knocked out by butler in the playoffs.

Axe
01-26-2022, 11:47 PM
You're sure?

Im Still Ballin
05-29-2022, 11:46 PM
Miami is a dangerous team, they are a solid team with good depth. The east is up in the air the Heat are in the mix.

They've been can crushing on a skeleton crew I can see them healthy making a big run

Ecf

Yes. They've been a boring watch since they're playing a skeleton crew but once they're healthy, they have a gritty, unselfish, talented team that I can see against the Nets or Bucks in the ECF. They've been able to continue developing depth guys like Strus and Yurtseven.

Good call, fellas!

1987_Lakers
05-30-2022, 12:02 AM
Good call, fellas!

:cheers:

Micku
05-30-2022, 02:55 AM
I swear they lost mostly cuz they got banged up. Four players got a hamstring issue, including Kyle Lowry. PJ Tucker and Butler got a knee issue. Herro had his groin issue.

But they really better offense than what they have now. They really did relied on Jimmy Butler too much. I suppose Herro, Bam and Lowry was suppose to be that. But Bam wasn't aggressive enough and Herro was hurt.

Ppl saying that they are too old to compete next year, and I don't really think so.

Lowry and Tucker are old. Butler is getting older. But Herro and Bam are young. Their role players are young too. I think if they make a couple of tweaks and/or change their offensive sets a bit more, they can be one of the top teams in the East. They got awful contracts tho. Hopefully Duncan Robinson can improve his game to the point where he ain't just a 3pt shooter. He gott'a do something else. Develop a mid range j, post game, play make, improve defensively. Something.

NBAGOAT
05-30-2022, 05:57 AM
I swear they lost mostly cuz they got banged up. Four players got a hamstring issue, including Kyle Lowry. PJ Tucker and Butler got a knee issue. Herro had his groin issue.

But they really better offense than what they have now. They really did relied on Jimmy Butler too much. I suppose Herro, Bam and Lowry was suppose to be that. But Bam wasn't aggressive enough and Herro was hurt.

Ppl saying that they are too old to compete next year, and I don't really think so.

Lowry and Tucker are old. Butler is getting older. But Herro and Bam are young. Their role players are young too. I think if they make a couple of tweaks and/or change their offensive sets a bit more, they can be one of the top teams in the East. They got awful contracts tho. Hopefully Duncan Robinson can improve his game to the point where he ain't just a 3pt shooter. He gott'a do something else. Develop a mid range j, post game, play make, improve defensively. Something.

I think sg is an obvious place to upgrade. Strus is fine but he can still be targeted on defense and robinson's contract is dead weight, i'm looking to trade him. package herro, robinson with some picks to aim for beal or mitchell. Maybe even try to upgrade from lowry to dame. Tbf, if oladipo is back next year, then that also upgrades sg.

Spurs m8
05-30-2022, 06:25 AM
Bring in a g-league PG...it'll be an upgrade over Lowry