PDA

View Full Version : Are people just more retarded these days? Or do they just not give AF anymore?

Long Duck Dong
01-03-2022, 06:15 PM
I have never seen so many mistakes in business being made than I have in the last year or so. Communication, transportation and workers in general are all pretty much shit these days it seems like.

Even when people make glaring mistakes, they don't even feel the need to apologize anymore. They just shrug their shoulders, "Oh well". Do you think people's intelligence or motivation has been dulled down by all the lockdowns and big unemployment checks for staying home? Or both? Hell maybe it's just me.

/rant

imdaman99
01-03-2022, 06:23 PM
We're humans and we're more stressed than usual. For instance, a coworker has called out all of last week because he wasn't feeling well and then finally got tested Thursday. He got his result on Friday and he was positive. So he ain't coming in all this week as well. Can honestly see that it was well-calculated so he can get the maximum time off. I would say cheers to him, except I gotta do some grunt work that he does. So I'm not really happy, I never call out while this dude must have called out a total of like 21+ days last year. I am stressed bro, but I will apologize for it. I'm less apologetic when someone will bitch and moan about WHERE'S MY JOB? I GAVE IT TO YOU GUYS

I feel like that old man that yells at the clouds, but I realize I'm less r/antiwork than I thought I was, since I'm not a minimum wager.

Long Duck Dong
01-03-2022, 06:31 PM
We're humans and we're more stressed than usual. For instance, a coworker has called out all of last week because he wasn't feeling well and then finally got tested Thursday. He got his result on Friday and he was positive. So he ain't coming in all this week as well. Can honestly see that it was well-calculated so he can get the maximum time off. I would say cheers to him, except I gotta do some grunt work that he does. So I'm not really happy, I never call out while this dude must have called out a total of like 21+ days last year. I am stressed bro, but I will apologize for it. I'm less apologetic when someone will bitch and moan about WHERE'S MY JOB? I GAVE IT TO YOU GUYS

I feel like that old man that yells at the clouds, but I realize I'm less r/antiwork than I thought I was, since I'm not a minimum wager.

I'm not even talking about just min wage workers. Companies that I've done business for years, where I'm dealing with salaried and well payed employees, are struggling to maintain their performance of the past. All around me things are getting chaotic and it's stressing me out.

TheCorporation
01-03-2022, 06:50 PM
I have never seen so many mistakes in business being made than I have in the last year or so. Communication, transportation and workers in general are all pretty much shit these days it seems like.

Even when people make glaring mistakes, they don't even feel the need to apologize anymore. They just shrug their shoulders, "Oh well". Do you think people's intelligence or motivation has been dulled down by all the lockdowns and big unemployment checks for staying home? Or both? Hell maybe it's just me.

/rant

Good rant.

People are losing their motivation due to using the weak victim mentality and for having a weak work ethic.
"Jeff Bezos is the big, bad rich man and all I get paid is $16/hr so I don't care if I do a good job! I don't make enough."

People also lack the discipline to create and follow consistent standards.
"It's good enough I don't need to do that great of a job I won't be doing this type of work forever. I don't need to do my best, life is tuff bro."

**They don't realize that discipline is what builds valuable character and sets you up for success in the end. Small things make the big things happen.**

I also see far too many people making poor undisciplined, impulse decisions.
"YOLO bro, fugg it man who cares! Let's just do it!"

It's mostly the younger generation that is forced into making a lot more "adult" decisions at a much faster pace than they should have been forced to make and they don't know how to make good decisions because 99% of young kids/adults are retarded. Too many idiots are making tougher decisions than they should be forced to make and they don't have the character to make good choices. Social media has accelerated this because life moves very fast these days and doesn't give kids/young adults a chance to grow up. Obviously some young people are highly talented and thrive in this environment but there are enough idiots that stand out and get hurt by this accelerated social media era of life.

/rant

fsvr54
01-03-2022, 06:51 PM
I'm not even talking about just min wage workers. Companies that I've done business for years, where I'm dealing with salaried and well payed employees, are struggling to maintain their performance of the past. All around me things are getting chaotic and it's stressing me out.

Because millenials are in the important positions now, as opposed to Gen X, and they suck. I'm a millenial

HunterSThompson
01-03-2022, 06:57 PM
liberal toxic ideology is breeding no f*cks given turds into the work force that think "oh well.. if I f*ck up I can always go on welfare or steal stuff without repercussions"

not everyone can be lazy like me. my family is rich...yours isnt so get back to work!

TheCorporation
01-03-2022, 07:02 PM
liberal toxic ideology is breeding no f*cks given turds into the work force that think "oh well.. if I f*ck up I can always go on welfare or steal stuff without repercussions"

not everyone can be lazy like me. my family is rich...yours isnt so get back to work!

Let's be real though, you're just Canadian rich, right? And did you develop any character or skills by sitting on your ass buying up LeBron cards and arguing about how a top 12 guy should be top 10?

Patrick Chewing
01-03-2022, 07:04 PM

BIN f'n GO

SATAN
01-03-2022, 07:21 PM

None of it matters anyway.

FultzNationRISE
01-03-2022, 07:26 PM
None of it matters anyway.

Because existence is pain...?

JohnnySic
01-03-2022, 07:28 PM
If you're Gen X and happen to need a job, this can actually work to your advantage. Some employers now steer clear, or are at least more cautious about hiring younger people because the know that so many of them suck.

SATAN
01-03-2022, 07:37 PM
Because existence is pain...?

Yes.

j3lademaster
01-03-2022, 07:45 PM
I'm not even talking about just min wage workers. Companies that I've done business for years, where I'm dealing with salaried and well payed employees, are struggling to maintain their performance of the past. All around me things are getting chaotic and it's stressing me out.I haven't seen it much in my neck of the woods, but my wife is a sr manager at a big 4 and they've had high turnover(even moreso than usual). If anyone knows anything about the big 4 accounting firms, they start you out at like 55-60k and require a master's and work you to the bone so the only reason people stick it out there is to either make partner eventually or have it look good on their resume when they switch jobs. So she has been getting staff who are just dumber and lower quality than she's used, and her firm is hanging onto inidividuals with poor performance evaluations that they would normally axe. It is what it is, either they'll pony up on wages because they're losing clients or lower their standards on new hires works out for them and they just keep doing that going forward.

j3lademaster
01-03-2022, 07:53 PM
If you're Gen X and happen to need a job, this can actually work to your advantage. Some employers now steer clear, or are at least more cautious about hiring younger people because the know that so many of them suck.lol no. no one wants gen x. I'm early 30's and I see new resumes all the time that make me go "i'm glad I got in the work force when I did" because this shit is getting more and more competitive by the year. You have kids getting their CFA 3's a year removed from graduation these days. Obviously there are smart boomers, but gen x had it easy.

JohnnySic
01-03-2022, 07:58 PM
lol no. no one wants gen x. I'm early 30's and I see new resumes all the time that make me go "i'm glad I got in the work force when I did" because this shit is getting more and more competitive by the year. You have kids getting their CFA 3's a year removed from graduation these days. Obviously there are smart boomers, but gen x had it easy.

Well I said some employers. I literally had an interview a couple of years back where the recruiter told me that they prefer seasoned employees (as I was) and generally dont hire people recently out of school. She didn't say why, but I got the inference.

j3lademaster
01-03-2022, 08:03 PM
Well I said some employers. Yeah, probably my bad for being anecdotal.

highwhey
01-03-2022, 08:13 PM

/rant
it's a combination of all of the above. and it's an issue across the board. employees the upper hand because there is significantly more demand than there are willing workers.

and **** UPS, fedex, USPS. even amazon has been late on packages. i've paid thousands and thousands on overnight/expedited shipping this past year and a lot of them arrive late even with the premium charges. freigt shipping is worse, your shit will go missing for weeks.

highwhey
01-03-2022, 08:13 PM
I haven't seen it much in my neck of the woods, but my wife is a sr manager at a big 4 and they've had high turnover(even moreso than usual). If anyone knows anything about the big 4 accounting firms, they start you out at like 55-60k and require a master's and work you to the bone so the only reason people stick it out there is to either make partner eventually or have it look good on their resume when they switch jobs. So she has been getting staff who are just dumber and lower quality than she's used, and her firm is hanging onto inidividuals with poor performance evaluations that they would normally axe. It is what it is, either they'll pony up on wages because they're losing clients or lower their standards on new hires works out for them and they just keep doing that going forward.

i keep telling people that the most valuable asset you can have right now as a business is employees.

j3lademaster
01-03-2022, 08:37 PM
i keep telling people that the most valuable asset you can have right now as a business is employees.Until robots take our jobs, you're absolutely right.

Jasper
01-03-2022, 08:43 PM

lmao :lol:roll::lol

egokiller
01-03-2022, 08:51 PM
It’s not just workers, I’m seeing policies that are shit and VP level management teams doing nothing to improve these flawed procedures and policies. No follow up meetings, no action items, no improvement plan. I mean there are always learning curves after an acquisition of a new business but ffs, after 6 months and various functional groups pointing out all the problems and high level management doing nothing to take improvement suggestions into account, it’s no wonder why workers have lost motivation. What happens is all the talent leaves once they get their yearly bonus, and take their talents elsewhere.

TheMan
01-03-2022, 10:45 PM

I hate to be that guy but it's funny that you rant about low IQ yet misspell a very easy word. :lol

BurningHammer
01-03-2022, 10:46 PM
I hate to be that guy but it's funny that you rant about low IQ yet misspell a very easy word. :lol

:roll:

hateraid
01-03-2022, 11:04 PM

/rant

Millenials and their self entitlement. Failure is acceptable. Also trolling others for self amusement

SATAN
01-03-2022, 11:17 PM
You guys are starting to sound like miserable old pricks. They kind you witnessed as a youth and hoped you would never become. :lol

j3lademaster
01-04-2022, 01:36 PM
You guys are starting to sound like miserable old pricks. They kind you witnessed as a youth and hoped you would never become. :lolA lot of people just want the narrative of 'my era is best era' and it clouds their judgement. I interviewed this 24 year old kid who already had his CFA 3. I asked him "oh you plan on going into wealth management down the line(awkward attempt to conversate during an interview)" and he was just like "nah the school I wanted to go to for grad gave credits for this, but I have to get a job because I didn't want to pile on more student debt". This kid crushed it with a 3.8 GPA AT THAT(and this isn't uncommon). He's 10x smarter and more hardworking than anyone I came up with, including myself. My boss, my boss's boss; we're all lucky to be grandfathered into our 'work experience' because we would have had to work so much harder to hang with the kids today... assuming that we can at all. What gen x don't realize is the modern day 'failures' are kids who are burnt out trying to keep up with today's expectations. That even most of the 'burnouts' would have crushed it in their eras.

And it's not even like I have some 'well they had it easy so should we' attitude. It's more... realize you had it much easier and stfu.