PDA

View Full Version : Curry 3-17 with 9pts tonight at home against Miami.

Hey Yo
01-04-2022, 01:21 AM
Not my MVP.

SATAN
01-04-2022, 01:24 AM
Meanwhile Trae Young has 50. :pimp:

*Make that 56...and 14 assists. :pimp:

1987_Lakers
01-04-2022, 01:27 AM
As much as I love Curry as a player, I'm still confused to why people voted him over Durant on our all-time list.

Hey Yo
01-04-2022, 01:28 AM
Announcer pumped it up when saying that Steph's last single digit scoring game WAS...... 2019.

Thought he was going to say like 2012.

L.Kizzle
01-04-2022, 01:31 AM
As much as I love Curry as a player, I'm still confused to why people voted him over Durant on our all-time list.
Because he had to join Steph to win ... valid reason. When he wins a title on his own he can be voted over Steph. This game should be a reason to rank Steph lower than KD.

Nike D'Antoni
01-04-2022, 01:33 AM
The first thing that went through my head is, I dont know how Lebron has maintained this double-digit scoring streak for over 1000 games.

1987_Lakers
01-04-2022, 01:40 AM
Because he had to join Steph to win ... valid reason. When he wins a title on his own he can be voted over Steph. This game should be a reason to rank Steph lower than KD.

If you want to use context, Steph's only title without KD came against an injury ridden Cavs team. While KD was playing with Westbrick in OKC and still making deep playoff runs.

I have no problem with people saying Curry was more important than KD on that Warriors teams, but as a flat out basketball player KD to me has always been better, his performance in this postseason is much more consistent and he gives you better defensive play.

Bawkish
01-04-2022, 01:43 AM
The first thing that went through my head is, I dont know how Lebron has maintained this double-digit scoring streak for over 1000 games.

it's called stat padding

Nike D'Antoni
I think KD wins in 2012 if Bosh+Wade are injured.

ImKobe
Meanwhile Trae Young has 50. :pimp:

*Make that 56...and 14 assists. :pimp:

56/14 against the 29th ranked defense with both teams missing half their guys.. still a nice stat line but Trae is a liability on defense, which is why the Hawks are below .500. Steph has more impact as an all-around player.

dankok8
KD puts up slightly better numbers than Curry especially in the playoffs but even this season suggests Curry may be more impactful. Durant is putting up good numbers but the Nets aren't very good despite having more talent on paper than the Warriors do. It's close but when I have to choose between them I go for Curry.

zeerghit
01-04-2022, 01:46 AM
it's called stat padding

care to explain how hes stat padding to first 10points?

Hey Yo
01-04-2022, 01:47 AM

But GS players were recruiting KD for almost the entire 2016 season as the defending champions. They're like 37-4 and still recruiting next season UFA KD

Bawkish
01-04-2022, 01:49 AM
care to explain how hes stat padding to first 10points?

he's stat padding to maintain the streak

insight
01-04-2022, 01:50 AM
56/14 against the 29th ranked defense with both teams missing half their guys.. still a nice stat line but Trae is a liability on defense, which is why the Hawks are below .500. Steph has more impact as an all-around player.
Just stop it, Steph is just as much a liability on defense if not more than Trae. The Hawks issue is TEAM defense, with weak play from the wings and they allow too many points in the paint.
They surrounded Trae with shooters, who simply are not hitting enough shots. He is the ONLY player in the league who is TOP 5 in scoring in assist. Steph is good but he IS NOT A BETTER ALL AROUND player by any stretch of the imagination. If fact he is more limited because he is dependant on people setting screens for him all game.

Stephonit
01-04-2022, 01:56 AM
Warriors win. Meanwhile KD scores 26 and loses (-23). Giannis scores 31 and loses (-12 against the last placed Pistons). Jokic scores 27 and loses (-6).

Jokic I can give a pass. The rest? No.

RRR3
01-04-2022, 01:57 AM
Warriors win. Meanwhile KD scores 26 and loses (-23). Giannis scores 31 and loses (-12 against the last placed Pistons). Jokic scores 27 and loses (-6).
Curry had nothing to do with the win and you were essentially playing the Heat's g league team lol.

Stephonit
01-04-2022, 01:58 AM
Curry had nothing to do with the win and you were essentially playing the Heat's g league team lol.

You think his teammates would be as good as they are without him acting as training wheels ready to save them from a fall? Curry has everything to do with how his teams are perennial 60+ win pace teams.

The best basketball training boot camp in the world are the Warriors with Curry.

L.Kizzle
01-04-2022, 02:01 AM
Him on the court changes the dynamic of EVERYTHING. He was 3-15, and they won. Do they win if he's in street clothes?

L.Kizzle
01-04-2022, 02:02 AM
But GS players were recruiting KD for almost the entire 2016 season as the defending champions. They're like 37-4 and still recruiting next season UFA KD
What does that mean? KD didn't have to join, all he had to do was win one game when up 3-1 ... oops.

L.Kizzle
01-04-2022, 02:05 AM
If you want to use context, Steph's only title without KD came against an injury ridden Cavs team. While KD was playing with Westbrick in OKC and still making deep playoff runs.

I have no problem with people saying Curry was more important than KD on that Warriors teams, but as a flat out basketball player KD to me has always been better, his performance in this postseason is much more consistent and he gives you better defensive play.
Stop right there, Stephs only title without KD ... how many does KD have without Steph? There you go.
Steph will always be 1 up over KD in (my) all time rankings and a lot of others for that reason alone.

warriorfan
01-04-2022, 02:08 AM
Stop right there, Stephs only title without KD ... how many does KD have without Steph? There you go.
Steph will always be 1 up over KD in (my) all time rankings and a lot of others for that reason alone.

This.

This thread is a good test to sort out the low iq posters

1987_Lakers
01-04-2022, 02:11 AM

Just imagine if KD went up against Miami in 2012 without Wade & Bosh. Wonder if it would have been the same result. lol. With that said, I'm a big fan of Curry, to me he is already a top 3 PG ever.

RRR3
01-04-2022, 02:13 AM
Man if y’all aren’t able to admit when your favorite player has a bad game that’s just sad. Curry was benched for a significant period of crunch time too I actually watched the game lol. He also was a +0 in a game they won by 7 so they were actually worse with him on the court. Absolutely retarded to pretend he had a good game. I rate Curry higher than almost anyone on this board too so don’t give me wahhh hater

L.Kizzle
01-04-2022, 02:19 AM
Just imagine if KD went up against Miami in 2012 without Wade & Bosh. Wonder if it would have been the same result. lol. With that said, I'm a big fan of Curry, to me he is already a top 3 PG ever.
That actually has nothing to do about KD vs Curry tho. All we know is that KD joined Curry to win his rings and now he's across the country with another Super Team trying to win some more.

Hey Yo
01-04-2022, 02:24 AM
What does that mean? KD didn't have to join, all he had to do was win one game when up 3-1 ... oops.

It means that GS players seeked him out to join their title team for almost the entire 2016 season.

Why try so hard to get the 2nd best player in the league to join your title team who has the reigning MVP?

L.Kizzle
01-04-2022, 02:31 AM
It means that GS players seeked him out to join their title team for almost the entire 2016 season.

Why try so hard to get the 2nd best player in the league to join your title team who has the reigning MVP?
I get it, doesn't mean he has to sign with them.

That's like getting caught cheating on your significant other but saying "but they recruited me, I couldn't turn that down" lol.
People get recruited daily.

SATAN
01-04-2022, 02:32 AM
You think his teammates would be as good as they are without him acting as training wheels ready to save them from a fall?

I would like a detailed explanation of how Steph is the training wheels waiting to save them.

Please.

ImKobe
01-04-2022, 02:33 AM
Just stop it, Steph is just as much a liability on defense if not more than Trae. The Hawks issue is TEAM defense, with weak play from the wings and they allow too many points in the paint.
They surrounded Trae with shooters, who simply are not hitting enough shots. He is the ONLY player in the league who is TOP 5 in scoring in assist. Steph is good but he IS NOT A BETTER ALL AROUND player by any stretch of the imagination. If fact he is more limited because he is dependant on people setting screens for him all game.

Cmon man.. What Steph does without the ball and how much it impacts his team's offense is on a completely different level to what Trae does. Look at the on/off numbers if you want to talk about impact. The Hawks are ~8 points per 100 worse on D with Trae on the court while the Warriors are ~5 points better on D with Steph on.. The Warriors are a negative without Curry on the court while they outscore their opponents by almost 15 points per 100 with him on. Trae is again among the top players in the league in time of possession (3rd behind Doncic at 8.7 while while Curry's at 5.5) while Curry doesn't need the ball in his hands to impact the offense.

You say that Steph depends more on his teammates but he actually gets MORE out of his teammates and is an easier player to build around than Trae BECAUSE he doesn't dominate the ball. I like Trae's playmaking and the floaters but he's not close to Steph's level as an all-around player. Steph is taller and has 20+ pounds on Trae as well, he's much stronger and looks more athletic than he was 6+ years ago when teams could pick on him lol.

Hey Yo
01-04-2022, 02:45 AM
I get it, doesn't mean he has to sign with them.

That's like getting caught cheating on your significant other but saying "but they recruited me, I couldn't turn that down" lol.
People get recruited daily.

No, KD didn't have to sign, but still doesnt change the fact that GS heavily recruited him throughout their record setting season with the reigning MVP.

Taurus
01-04-2022, 02:49 AM
Meh, bad games happen for everybody.

That being said, Curry has been on an uncharacteristic slump for a while now, it's the reason why he's fallen in the MVP race

Axe
01-04-2022, 03:09 AM
Imagine playing crap yet your team is still winning. A very lucky gerbil to have a stacked supporting cast.

Axe
01-04-2022, 03:10 AM

Jokic I can give a pass. The rest? No.
Yep, thank andre iguodala for the majestic turnaround.

Oh, and having that said, klay is making his supposed return VERY soon.

TheGoatest
01-04-2022, 03:31 AM

That being said, Curry has been on an uncharacteristic slump for a while now, it's the reason why he's fallen in the MVP race

Or maybe he's just showing signs of decline since he's about to turn 34.

Spurs m8
01-04-2022, 03:33 AM
Damn, how much did they lose by?

Spurs m8
01-04-2022, 03:35 AM
Him on the court changes the dynamic of EVERYTHING. He was 3-15, and they won. Do they win if he's in street clothes?

Absolutely not.

The impact he has on the court is ridiculous

It goes so much further than his individual stats

zeerghit
01-04-2022, 04:04 AM
Imagine playing crap yet your team is still winning. A very lucky gerbil to have a stacked supporting cast.

just curious why u dislike curry so much?

Taurus
01-04-2022, 04:41 AM
Or maybe he's just showing signs of decline since he's about to turn 34.

Could be, we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next few months.

As much as I love Curry, the new guard gotta take over at some point. In the next 3-4 years or so, the era of Bron/KD/Curry will be over.

clipps
01-04-2022, 05:11 AM

You're retarded.

Real Men Wear Green
01-04-2022, 08:53 AM
Who is going to be talking about this game at the end of the season? Acting like he got knocked out of the MVP race is stupid.

insight
01-04-2022, 09:13 AM
Cmon man.. What Steph does without the ball and how much it impacts his team's offense is on a completely different level to what Trae does. Look at the on/off numbers if you want to talk about impact. The Hawks are ~8 points per 100 worse on D with Trae on the court while the Warriors are ~5 points better on D with Steph on.. The Warriors are a negative without Curry on the court while they outscore their opponents by almost 15 points per 100 with him on. Trae is again among the top players in the league in time of possession (3rd behind Doncic at 8.7 while while Curry's at 5.5) while Curry doesn't need the ball in his hands to impact the offense.

You say that Steph depends more on his teammates but he actually gets MORE out of his teammates and is an easier player to build around than Trae BECAUSE he doesn't dominate the ball. I like Trae's playmaking and the floaters but he's not close to Steph's level as an all-around player. Steph is taller and has 20+ pounds on Trae as well, he's much stronger and looks more athletic than he was 6+ years ago when teams could pick on him lol.

How does Steph impact the game more when he is NOT EVEN A POINT GUARD, he is just a shooting guard. Trae is responsible for controlling the tempo of the game, getting his teammates into every play, and creating for all his teammates? Draymond is the best facilitor and playmaker on Golden State.

Your comments about Steph is easeir to play with are B.S, Durant didn't want to play with Steph, and Oubre said playing with Steph is hard because all you do is set screens for him there is no flow to the offense.

Trae is 22, Steph wasn't putting up HALF the numbers Trae Young is at his age, and he definatly was not taking a team to the ECF finals without any other stars on the team.

I love Curry he is the best shooter of all time but Trae Young is more skilled playmaker than Steph and it ain't even close. His passing ability and court vision are simply on another LEVEL.

Stephonit
01-04-2022, 09:50 AM
Yep, thank andre iguodala for the majestic turnaround.

Oh, and having that said, klay is making his supposed return VERY soon.

Iguodala wasn't even playing today.

How does Steph impact the game more when he is NOT EVEN A POINT GUARD, he is just a shooting guard. Trae is responsible for controlling the tempo of the game, getting his teammates into every play, and creating for all his teammates? Draymond is the best facilitor and playmaker on Golden State.

All this time to watch Golden State and still people don't see what should be obvious: Steph is the playmaker on the Warriors. Not only that he is possibly the greatest playmaker of all-time. Trae is a novice in comparison.

ArbitraryWater
01-04-2022, 10:10 AM

nothing to be confused about

Johnny32
01-04-2022, 10:19 AM
wiggins +13
green +10
looney +6
curry +0

crazy impact.

hold this L
01-04-2022, 10:22 AM
wiggins +13
green +10
looney +6
curry +0

crazy impact.

Now show the current leader of +/- and how far he is ahead of 2nd place.

Johnny32
01-04-2022, 10:24 AM

the warriors didn't win last night because of curry's amazing impact on the gm by just being on the court. that's what some in this topic were trying to pretend happened.

SouBeachTalents
01-04-2022, 10:27 AM
Everyone has bad games, but Curry really does seem to have them more often than his ATG contemporaries. KD was brought up earlier, you almost never see him have these kinds of games, esp in the playoffs.

RRR3
01-04-2022, 11:24 AM
Lol people know Curry is very impactful in general that post by Johnny is most likely a response to that idiot Steppedonshit who insists Curry has never had a bad game.

RRR3
01-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Everyone has bad games, but Curry really does seem to have them more often than his ATG contemporaries. KD was brought up earlier, you almost never see him have these kinds of games, esp in the playoffs.
KD and LeBron basically don’t have bad games.

Akeem34TheDream
01-04-2022, 11:37 AM
+/- stat is terrible to use for one game.

zeerghit
01-04-2022, 11:45 AM

but somehow Curry always wins more games..

highwhey
01-04-2022, 11:51 AM
curry is the fortunate beneficiary of being in the right place at the right time. can't fault him for that, but it certainly is weighed when comparing him against his contemporaries. his title without KD was the result of playing a Cavs team with catastrophic injuries. when they faced the same team again in a healthy fashion, they choked a 3-1 lead. remove dray from those teams and he doesn't even make it to the finals. his career trajectory would be a slightly better steve nash.

highwhey
01-04-2022, 11:53 AM

they don't stoop down to curry's level that's for sure. on their worst night, those 2 can at least impact the game through defense - something curry is not proficient at. game is played at both ends of the court, curry only plays on one end.

hold this L
01-04-2022, 11:54 AM
they don't stoop down to curry's level that's for sure. on their worst night, those 2 can at least impact the game through defense - something curry is not proficient at. game is played at both ends of the court, curry only plays on one end.

Curry has been better defensively than both this year. You're an idiot.

zeerghit
01-04-2022, 11:54 AM

ok how many games u watched this season? this myth needs to stop

zeerghit
01-04-2022, 11:56 AM
Curry has been better defensively than both this year. You're an idiot.

i dont know about Durant, but hes better than Lebron for sure

hold this L
01-04-2022, 11:59 AM
curry is the fortunate beneficiary of being in the right place at the right time. can't fault him for that, but it certainly is weighed when comparing him against his contemporaries. his title without KD was the result of playing a Cavs team with catastrophic injuries. when they faced the same team again in a healthy fashion, they choked a 3-1 lead. remove dray from those teams and he doesn't even make it to the finals. his career trajectory would be a slightly better steve nash.
Another idiotic post. If you remove a good player from the team, the team won't be as good. Like how the Suns without CP3 were a bunch of losers. What was KD won without Steph again, because he's been on 2 separate teams each having another MVP?

Must be nice that Steph is taking a guy that couldn't get into the league like GPII, the 13th man of a team in Bjelica and a guy that was seen as absolute toast and has one of the most dominant on court effects in the league this season with all 3. Another unfair season of Stephen Curry and his stacked roster! :(

highwhey
01-04-2022, 12:10 PM
Another idiotic post. If you remove a good player from the team, the team won't be as good. Like how the Suns without CP3 were a bunch of losers. What was KD won without Steph again, because he's been on 2 separate teams each having another MVP?

Must be nice that Steph is taking a guy that couldn't get into the league like GPII, the 13th man of a team in Bjelica and a guy that was seen as absolute toast and has one of the most dominant on court effects in the league this season with all 3. Another unfair season of Stephen Curry and his stacked roster! :(

didn't address the main point of my post. typical curry stan, can't read the truth without getting butthurt. i fully expect some alts to come in and hit me with the ad-hominem attacks. can't counter the truth i guess.

01-04-2022, 12:34 PM
wiggins +13
green +10
looney +6
curry +0

crazy impact.
your hero is a net-negative against .500+ teams.

notice the plural there?

insight
01-04-2022, 12:42 PM

The Suns went on their run before CP3. You forgot they went undefeated in the bubble and were on fire.

sdot_thadon
01-04-2022, 12:49 PM
Malik Monk would never....

hold this L
01-04-2022, 12:51 PM
The Suns went on their run before CP3. You forgot they went undefeated in the bubble and were on fire.

Isn't Dame the bubble MVP? How's he done in his career otherwise?

hold this L
01-04-2022, 01:00 PM
didn't address the main point of my post. typical curry stan, can't read the truth without getting butthurt. i fully expect some alts to come in and hit me with the ad-hominem attacks. can't counter the truth i guess.
The truth is that he has 2 MVPs and 3 championships, which after Lebron, makes him the most successful player in NBA right now. Curry alone has more achievements than every player in your team and what the Suns organization has achieved in their history. Keep crying about injuries and unfair advantage though, won't change the 3 rings in his pocket.

insight
01-04-2022, 01:20 PM
Isn't Dame the bubble MVP? How's he done in his career otherwise?

Moving the goal post, but I will play along.
Everybody needs help, Dame is no different he has played well inside the bubble and outside of the bubble. He has struggled this season, but so has Steph over his career. When Steph didn't have a strong supporting cast he was punked by Dillon Brooks and Ja in the play in game.

Stephonit
01-04-2022, 02:06 PM
Everybody needs help, Dame is no different he has played well inside the bubble and outside of the bubble. He has struggled this season, but so has Steph over his career. When Steph didn't have a strong supporting cast he was punked by Dillon Brooks and Ja in the play in game.

The Grizzlies? You mean the team that currently stands 4th in the Western Conference and 7th overall? Steph, G-Leaguers and journeymen were going toe-to-toe with that? No wonder with moderate changes the Warriors were able to vault to the current best record this year.

RRR3
01-04-2022, 02:07 PM
wiggins +13
green +10
looney +6
curry +0

crazy impact.
Steppedonshit avoiding this like the plague

Stephonit
01-04-2022, 02:28 PM
wiggins +13
green +10
looney +6
curry +0

crazy impact.

For the year

Curry +418
Wiggins +266
Green +255
Looney +82

RRR3
01-04-2022, 03:05 PM
For the year

Curry +418
Wiggins +266
Green +255
Looney +82
Yes we know Curry is very impactful usually. No shit. It was a response to your dumbass claim he had a positive impact yesterday.

Stephonit
01-04-2022, 10:43 PM
Yes we know Curry is very impactful usually. No shit. It was a response to your dumbass claim he had a positive impact yesterday.

Quote? I have no idea what you are talking about.

RRR3
01-04-2022, 10:44 PM
You think his teammates would be as good as they are without him acting as training wheels ready to save them from a fall? Curry has everything to do with how his teams are perennial 60+ win pace teams.

The best basketball training boot camp in the world are the Warriors with Curry.
:facepalm

Stephonit
01-04-2022, 11:40 PM
:facepalm

Curry had a positive impact yesterday.

RRR3
01-05-2022, 01:00 AM
Curry had a positive impact yesterday.
No he didn't, and the stats support it (7 points worse with him on the court)

:(

Stephonit
01-05-2022, 02:14 AM
No he didn't, and the stats support it (7 points worse with him on the court)

?

Plus-minus from what I can see was 0 as was posted earlier by someone else.

RRR3
01-05-2022, 02:48 AM
?

Plus-minus from what I can see was 0 as was posted earlier by someone else.
Yes and they won by 7. Which means they were +7 when he was off the court which is better than +0. Math is hard for you I guess.

hold this L
01-05-2022, 03:02 AM

He averaged 40+ points in 2 games vs them. Unfortunately for the low ISH IQ, if you lose you're automatically garbage.

warriorfan
01-05-2022, 03:20 AM
Rent free

How’s Cleveland doing?

Lol stay cucked

Stephonit
01-05-2022, 07:02 AM
Yes and they won by 7. Which means they were +7 when he was off the court which is better than +0. Math is hard for you I guess.

You think so short term. Curry's worst stretch was with Kuminga on court. Developing on-court rapport between the two would be worth far more than +7 points in a regular season game if Kuminga is playable with Steph in the playoffs.

expansionera
01-05-2022, 07:18 AM

Jordan’s Bulls won three titles, won 56 games without him, went on a deep playoff run when he returned then added Toni Kukoc and Dennis Rodman. Guys like Curry and Jordan have historically needed to stack the deck which is why they’re so dominate to begin with

Meticode
01-05-2022, 09:50 AM
He's in a Curry-slump right now. Last 10 games minus that 46 point effort against Memphis has been kind of meh. 41% from the field, 36% from three.

hold this L
01-05-2022, 09:54 AM
He's in a Curry-slump right now. Last 10 games minus that 46 point effort against Memphis has been kind of meh. 41% from the field, 36% from three.

The worry is that he's playing far worse than usual.

Nb1
01-05-2022, 10:19 AM
Tbf, Curry has tons of those games where he can’t make a bucket to save his life. But the warriors have such a great team that it doesn’t matter this year. If he plays, plays bad or not at all, nothing changes for the Warriors. Dray on the other hand makes all the difference. And he couldnt even make the playoffs without Klay and this year it Klay isnt healthy during playoffs the warriors are losing in the 1st round.

Axe
01-05-2022, 10:03 PM
:ohwell:

Stephen curry really feasts with his ongoing quarter buzzer beaters during garbage time but those are usually limited in the rs and made against lottery teams. It's a different story in the postseason and it's one of the big reasons why he hasn't won a finals mvp yet during his team's finals runs. Furthermore, his clutch capabilities are utterly lacking compared to finals mvps winners like kong or the snake and these stars are more likely to need them during playoff runs.