PDA

View Full Version : Gobert running from Jokic??

Kings2024Champs
01-05-2022, 11:15 PM
Sonething tells me Gobert didn't want another 47 from brother Jokic :lol

Manny98
01-05-2022, 11:19 PM
Hasn't missed a game all season, all of a sudden out with an "illness"

Yep he's ducking for sure :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
01-05-2022, 11:21 PM
temp of 102 and a tweaked shoulder. :facepalm

Proctor
01-05-2022, 11:27 PM
Gobert has always been one of those types to feast on undersized centers or teams playing small ball. Doesn't do well against big skilled guys

Xiao Yao You
01-05-2022, 11:29 PM
All NBA, All D, DPOTY by not showing up every night. Trolls :roll:

Proctor
01-05-2022, 11:30 PM
All NBA, All D, DPOTY by not showing up every night. Trolls :roll:
So was Eaton and by your account he sucked. So stop talking out of both sides of your ass. Gobert isn't highly skilled in any particular regard. Good enough solid center who is long. Good for him

Xiao Yao You
01-05-2022, 11:32 PM
So was Eaton and by your account he sucked. So stop talking out of both sides of your ass. Gobert isn't highly skilled in any particular regard. Good enough solid center who is long. Good for him

Eaton did suck. Go watch some video and tell me he didn't. 45% shooter. Slow and clueless

Xiao Yao You
01-05-2022, 11:32 PM
All NBA solid center :oldlol:

Proctor
01-05-2022, 11:35 PM
Eaton did suck. Go watch some video and tell me he didn't. 45% shooter. Slow and clueless
And yet accomplished the same if not more than Gobert has. Gobert is slow and clueless too. Being faster than Eaton is a low bar to pass

RRR3
01-05-2022, 11:38 PM
Eaton was a 46% shooter because the NBA ran archaic post up offense back then. If all he did was dunk and he'd be shooting 70% too lol. This is very obvious with the least bit of critical thinking. Honestly shocked more people don't see Xiao is a ****ing retard.

Axe
01-05-2022, 11:40 PM
Yet still got an all-star nod despite being picked at fourth round, 72nd overall 40 years ago.

Xiao Yao You
01-05-2022, 11:41 PM
And yet accomplished the same if not more than Gobert has. Gobert is slow and clueless too. Being faster than Eaton is a low bar to pass

Talk about clueless :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
01-05-2022, 11:43 PM
Yet still got an all-star nod despite being picked at fourth round, 72nd overall 40 years ago.

yeah they had to take a certain amount of centers so he made the all star team. Might have even deserved it. Still sucked. Go watch video and tell me otherwise.

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-05-2022, 11:43 PM
They'll still beat that overrated bum without gobert

Manny98
01-06-2022, 07:45 AM
On the bright side Utah established that they can beat playoff teams on the road without their "best player" :applause:

Kblaze8855
01-06-2022, 08:11 AM
yeah they had to take a certain amount of centers so he made the all star team. Might have even deserved it. Still sucked. Go watch video and tell me otherwise.

So you can be a multi time DPOY, 5 time all D teamer, and a deserving all star but still suck…yet you take issue with people not being terribly impressed with Gobert. In a league that expected centers to be viable options in packed paints vs teams built to stop them he’d be of barely any more use than Eaton. We aren’t talking some skilled bigman….

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrimyHairyGoldfish-size_restricted.gif

Stockton might have drug him kicking and screaming to slightly more points being more mobile but he wouldn’t be remembered as anything special in a league with those centers.

Hes not gonna do any more than this:

https://youtu.be/SKOV0u5_0N0

Which wasn’t even unusual. He blocked 7 or more shots 32 times one season with a high of 14. And Gobert can barely hang with Jokic on an off night so I doubt he’s putting fear into Hakeem, Drob, or any of those guys.

He’d be a big lumbering shot blocker but expected to occasionally create for himself which would absolutely destroy his shooting numbers.

Hed probably be a 12/13/3 49% shooter almost nobody here would remember but me and you.

Whatever Eaton was in the mid 80s Gobert would be…..minus a bit of shot blocking but plus a half teaspoon of mobility that would largely be wasted with his back to the basket looking goofy trying to play like a traditional big.

Midpoint between Eaton and Nuggets Mutombo(young Mutombo was absolutely faster than Rudy is now).. Which makes him….Hawks Mutombo. Good player on 55 win teams that generally don’t matter when it counts. Luckily he has more dynamic perimeter players in a league that wants them to prosper so the Jazz have more of a chance. Knowing you though you’d probably rather have Mookie Blaylock like Dikembe did so he could play hellacious D in place of Mitchell but score 13ppg in the playoffs as you lost anyway.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 08:48 AM
On the bright side Utah established that they can beat playoff teams on the road without their "best player" :applause:

they beat a depleted .500 team. Any team can beat any team in the NBA on a given night. Gobert missed a month 3 times in his career and the Jazz sucked as they did when he first emerged. Hopefully for their sake that doesn't have to be proven right again

expansionera
01-06-2022, 08:58 AM
Gobert has always been one of those types to feast on undersized centers or teams playing small ball. Doesn't do well against big skilled guys

He gets the most scared when you put in a 6’5 small ball “center” that can shoot wide open threes he’s too slow to contest. More embarrassingly is he can’t make teams pay for it on the other end since even 43 year old Nic Batum can stop him in the paint

RRR3
01-06-2022, 08:58 AM
So you can be a multi time DPOY, 5 time all D teamer, and a deserving all star but still suck…yet you take issue with people not being terribly impressed with Gobert. In a league that expected centers to be viable options in packed paints vs teams built to stop them he’d be of barely any more use than Eaton. We aren’t talking some skilled bigman….

Stockton might have drug him kicking and screaming to slightly more points being more mobile but he wouldn’t be remembered as anything special in a league with those centers.

Which wasn’t even unusual. He blocked 7 or more shots 32 times one season with a high of 14. And Gobert can barely hang with Jokic on an off night so I doubt he’s putting fear into Hakeem, Drob, or any of those guys.

He’d be a big lumbering shot blocker but expected to occasionally create for himself which would absolutely destroy his shooting numbers.

Hed probably be a 12/13/3 49% shooter almost nobody here would remember but me and you.

Whatever Eaton was in the mid 80s Gobert would be…..minus a bit of shot blocking but plus a half teaspoon of mobility that would largely be wasted with his back to the basket looking goofy trying to play like a traditional big.

Midpoint between Eaton and Nuggets Mutombo(young Mutombo was absolutely faster than Rudy is now).. Which makes him….Hawks Mutombo. Good player on 55 win teams that generally don’t matter when it counts. Luckily he has more dynamic perimeter players in a league that wants them to prosper so the Jazz have more of a chance. Knowing you though you’d probably rather have Mookie Blaylock like Dikembe did so he could play hellacious D in place of Mitchell but score 13ppg in the playoffs as you lost anyway.
Ether.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 09:14 AM

I could care less what anyone thinks of Gobert or Eaton. Unlike the rest of you I watched both careers. Eaton sucked. I can't imagine he would have ever even played in the league if not for reknowned comedian Frank Layden. He was big in an era where he could stand there clueless and guys would throw shots in to his out stretched arms. He had a hard time even following the ball let alone a player. Jazz often played 4 on 5 on offense with Eaton standing near half court so he could get back and hold his arms up in front of the basket at the other end. I believe they had to instill a new rule to stop that. So he developed the 45% hook shot.

Someone mentioned him dunking like Rudy. He could barely dunk. There would be no throw it up above everyone where only he can get it like with Gobert if Stockton had ever thrown a lob. Not sure Stockton would have been a good fit for Gobert for that reason. There was no pick and roll with Eaton. There was little offensive rebounding put backs. There was no relentless screening to get guys open and start the pick and roll despite the Jazz living off pick and roll like they still do today. The guy could barely put one foot in front of the other. He could stand there near the basket with his arms up in the air! There's a reason they were better after he retired after an adjustment defensively. He could never play today. The Malone cheap shot on Thomas is a great example. Gobert wouldn't have needed Malone. He could have still made a play on that. He's not just a pylon in space.

As far as Gobert playing back than it's really hard to say. He would have worked on a post game. They would have tried to put weight on him and probably ruined his knees like Ralph Sampson. He's also a better athlete than Mutumbo. Not a fan of Blaylock as you should know because he was inefficient. Never a fan of that even before it was a thing.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 09:17 AM
In that video you just posted there's at least one block where he was lost and the guy threw the ball into his arms just like I said. He was clueless. Shooting 39% and 7 pts a game at the time. I had to stop. Bring back the nightmares! :cry:

RRR3
01-06-2022, 09:27 AM
Xiao’s definition of inefficiency is players he doesn’t like.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 09:28 AM
can't quit me! :facepalm

RRR3
01-06-2022, 09:30 AM
Care to tell us how a guy averaging 25.5 PPG on 57.1 TS% is “inefficient”? Don’t duck this.

Kblaze8855
01-06-2022, 03:34 PM
I’m gonna stick to this since it’s the obvious problem here….

I could care less what anyone thinks of Gobert or Eaton. Unlike the rest of you I watched both careers. Eaton sucked.

First….I actually remember Mark Eaton. And even if I didn’t your word would mean absolutely nothing because you’re both a joke of an evaluator of people you get emotional about….and inconsistent. When you say he both was a deserving all star and that he sucked you enter 3ball territory where I just have to let you be for a while and check in later.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 03:41 PM
I’m gonna stick to this since it’s the obvious problem here….

First….I actually remember Mark Eaton. And even if I didn’t your word would mean absolutely nothing because you’re both a joke of an evaluator of people you get emotional about….and inconsistent. When you say he both was a deserving all star and that he sucked you enter 3ball territory where I just have to let you be for a while and check in later.

he probably was deserving based on the fact that they had to take so many centers or at least I thought so at the time. Thought he sucked at the time too. Means the center position sucked that year in the west. Like I said that video you posted had at least one of his accidental blocks that I'd mentioned before even watching it. Doubt Gobert has ever accidentally blocked a shot because he just happened to have his arms in the air clueless of where the ball actually was. He was also averagin 7 points on 38 % shooting in that video. The guy was a joke. To compare him with the a guy that has carried the franchise for the past 7 plus years is ridiculous

Kblaze8855
01-06-2022, 04:04 PM
If Gobert had carried a franchise in any way that matters I might hesitate to compare Eaton to him but he doesn’t. He’s a good player and great defender on a perennial also ran that occasionally has a really good regular season record. It’s just Mutombos hawks and he’s Mutombo. Great player relative to non stars and with a long healthy career will have a hell of a resume but he doesn’t do anything that matters big picture wise.

If I had to choose between young somewhat athletic Motombo and Gobert it’s a straight up coin toss.

Both great players. Just great other guy types. You don’t stop looking for your leader because you have either one. You look for someone to lead them. Can’t do enough total game wise to be relied on like that. You need too many other pieces.

Both he and Mutombo are more mobile than Eaton and better because of it but let’s not act like a guy can block 20 shots in 2 games without being good at it. He was blocking 6 shots a game at one point. He wasn’t the only giant to ever play. He was good at his job. He was in an era where people would keep attacking and he could ruin it for them.

Today they would adjust more but it is what it is. You block 12 shots and have 17 rebounds I’m not gonna say you did nothing.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 04:06 PM
can't quit me either.

You can try to make yourself out to be the authority on everything but if you want to compare Eaton to Gobert you lose any credibility. :roll:

Kblaze8855
01-06-2022, 04:38 PM
Quit you? You’re just the newest in a long sad string of bad posters who say dumb things at a good enough rate that you get my attention for a while as I try to determine if you’re an idiot or just having some fun. Often they have a single player they obsess over. You and Gobert. The Kawhi nut. We had one Insisting Kevin Johnson was top 30 all time for a while. you weirdos always draw negative attention with your absurdity and then try to flip it like the people responding to your clown show are obsessed with you personally.

It’s actually sad how typical you are. A Gobert homer could have been a refreshing change of pace if you weren’t a one note humorless type troll. You’re like Dennis Rodman if he weren’t incredibly good. When you’re great being in eccentric weirdo is endearing. I’m good at this so my weirdness can be looked past. You’re a weirdo without the balancing power of talent.

I was gonna give you an example but they rarely last long enough to have a name be remembered.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 04:41 PM
Quit you? You’re just the newest in a long sad string of bad posters who say dumb things at a good enough rate that you get my attention for a while as I try to determine if you’re an idiot or just having some fun. Often they have a single player they obsess over. You and Gobert. The Kawhi nut. We had one Insisting Kevin Johnson was top 30 all time for a while. you weirdos always draw negative attention with your absurdity and then try to flip it like the people responding to your clown show are obsessed with you personally.

It’s actually sad how typical you are. A Gobert homer could have been a refreshing change of pace if you weren’t a one note humorless type troll.

I'm not the one that said I was done with me but keep telling me how it really is

Kblaze8855
01-06-2022, 05:10 PM
It’s More like done trying to reason with you because I see that you’re past it. You don’t try to reason with a clown at your front door but you might well open it to ask him what he’s doing. No matter how big a jack ass a poster seems to be I always try to speak to them and see if there is any humanity I can draw out to just exist together as fans who love the game but see it differently. Plus you’re closer to my age than most of the people here. It’s nice to have someone I could argue with about if Thurl Bailey was softer than Toni Kukoc. Guys around our age(and I believe you are a little older than me actually) are usually easy for me to get along with about the subject of sports. So I was willing to dig a little deeper.

Mission failed though. I may acknowledge something baffling you say from time to time much like I might 3ball(one of my earlier guys I tried to find humanity in) but I know it won’t lead to any kind of understanding or fun little back and forth.

Youre more troll than man but I always make sure before I write someone off. A message board is only going to give you so many people you can take serious and talk to like normal people. Too many kids….agendas…troll accounts. Very few real seeming people. In truth I’ve probably just been ageist on you. You never say anything to suggest being interesting I’m just so used to teenagers here I often read what you have to say in hopes you might be worth a damn.

I have nobody to blame but myself for not filing you with the trolls long ago and acknowledging you only long enough to point out your absurdities. I’ve always actually tried to explain myself when talking to you. You know…like you do with someone you respect a bit. Lesson learned. Troll in peace and I’ll stop expecting more.

Proctor
01-06-2022, 05:56 PM
It’s More like done trying to reason with you because I see that you’re past it. You don’t try to reason with a clown at your front door but you might well open it to ask him what he’s doing. No matter how big a jack ass a poster seems to be I always try to speak to them and see if there is any humanity I can draw out to just exist together as fans who love the game but see it differently. Plus you’re closer to my age than most of the people here. It’s nice to have someone I could argue with about if Thurl Bailey was softer than Toni Kukoc. Guys around our age(and I believe you are a little older than me actually) are usually easy for me to get along with about the subject of sports. So I was willing to dig a little deeper.

Mission failed though. I may acknowledge something baffling you say from time to time much like I might 3ball(one of my earlier guys I tried to find humanity in) but I know it won’t lead to any kind of understanding or fun little back and forth.

Youre more troll than man but I always make sure before I write someone off. A message board is only going to give you so many people you can take serious and talk to like normal people. Too many kids….agendas…troll accounts. Very few real seeming people. In truth I’ve probably just been ageist on you. You never say anything to suggest being interesting I’m just so used to teenagers here I often read what you have to say in hopes you might be worth a damn.

I have nobody to blame but myself for not filing you with the trolls long ago and acknowledging you only long enough to point out your absurdities. I’ve always actually tried to explain myself when talking to you. You know…like you do with someone you respect a bit. Lesson learned. Troll in peace and I’ll stop expecting more.
Evisceration.

Xiao, you'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. You have no response to the truth and just end up covering your ears and yelling "can't quit me!" :oldlol: :oldlol: That's hilarious.

"You can't hear me! Neener neener neener! :cry:"

KBlaze was far more eloquent in saying what every single other poster here has repeatedly told you about Gobert. Not so different from Eaton. It's clear now in your head if it wasn't already before. Stop talking out of both sides of your ass.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 06:47 PM
Shams Charania: Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert has entered health and safety protocols, (https://*********.com/social/) team says.

– via Twitter ShamsCharania (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania)

Shams Charania: Gobert had two negative rapid tests on Wednesday, but a PCR test has since returned positive for COVID-19. Jazz play the Raptors in Toronto on Friday (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter ShamsCharania (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania)

went and got the Trump virus to avoid Jokic

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 06:54 PM
Evisceration.

Xiao, you'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. You have no response to the truth and just end up covering your ears and yelling "can't quit me!" :oldlol: :oldlol: That's hilarious.

"You can't hear me! Neener neener neener! :cry:"

KBlaze was far more eloquent in saying what every single other poster here has repeatedly told you about Gobert. Not so different from Eaton. It's clear now in your head if it wasn't already before. Stop talking out of both sides of your ass.

Eaton offered nothing but negative offensively. While Gobert has the best offense ever revolving around him. Watch the video Kblaze thought was peak Eaton and tell me they are anything alike but tall. He blocks a shot by accident because he could hold his arms up in the air and move his feet a bit at the same time. Guy sucked.

Kblaze8855
01-06-2022, 07:42 PM
I’m sure Rudy in that game takes 40 points from the other team instead of 30.

Manny98
01-06-2022, 08:10 PM
Eaton offered nothing but negative offensively. While Gobert has the best offense ever revolving around him. Watch the video Kblaze thought was peak Eaton and tell me they are anything alike but tall. He blocks a shot by accident because he could hold his arms up in the air and move his feet a bit at the same time. Guy sucked.
Not this shit again :facepalm

out of all your ridiculous Rudy takes, thinking that he is the biggest reason why Utah are so good offensively because of his "screens and pressure at the rim" might be the worst

His role on offense is the exact same as Clint Capela was on the 2018 Rockets and last year's Hawks who happened to also have one of the greatest offenses in league history

You don't see anyone saying Capela was the reason that Rockets team was so good on offense, that's what you are doing with Rudy :facepalm

Their offense revolves around their ball movement and 3 point shooting not Rudy

https://youtu.be/TRwqm1-WhFw

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 08:29 PM
Not this shit again :facepalm

out of all your ridiculous Rudy takes, thinking that he is the biggest reason why Utah are so good offensively because of his "screens and pressure at the rim" might be the worst

His role on offense is the exact same as Clint Capela was on the 2018 Rockets and last year's Hawks who happened to also have one of the greatest offenses in league history

You don't see anyone saying Capela was the reason that Rockets team was so good on offense, that's what you are doing with Rudy :facepalm

Their offense revolves around their ball movement and 3 point shooting not Rudy

a poor man's Gobert isn't going to get as much respect as ISH's poor man Eaton :facepalm

Kings2024Champs
01-06-2022, 08:55 PM
I wanted to troll about the Gobert Covid stuff but i saw a dead body in the thread :eek: so I decided it would be in poor taste. RIP Xiao, Rudy will miss you

Proctor
01-06-2022, 08:56 PM
a poor man's Gobert isn't going to get as much respect as ISH's poor man Eaton :facepalm
How much respect does Rudy get when he's being singled out and obliterated by the likes of Terrance Mann and others? :facepalm

SATAN
01-06-2022, 09:09 PM
You know you ****ed up when Kblaze has to enter the thread and obliterate your talking points. :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 09:13 PM
You know you ****ed up when Kblaze has to enter the thread and obliterate your talking points. :oldlol:

when you're using the ultimate stiff Mark Eaton as your talking point you're just making a fool out of yourself. Watch that video :roll:

RRR3
01-06-2022, 09:20 PM
I wanted to troll about the Gobert Covid stuff but i saw a dead body in the thread :eek: so I decided it would be in poor taste. RIP Xiao, Rudy will miss you
Holy shit lmfao

SATAN
01-06-2022, 09:24 PM
when you're using the ultimate stiff Mark Eaton as your talking point you're just making a fool out of yourself. Watch that video :roll:

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/top-row-john-stockton-clyde-drexler-dale-ellis-alex-english-james-picture-id72253819

:kobe:

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 09:27 PM
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/top-row-john-stockton-clyde-drexler-dale-ellis-alex-english-james-picture-id72253819

:kobe:

leave Kevin Duckworth alone!

SATAN
01-06-2022, 09:34 PM

Mark Eaton was an all star. A literal mechanic in a weak era but an all star nonetheless. And now tragically he's dead. The Utah legend. And you're shitting on him. Show some class, man. :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 09:37 PM
Mark Eaton was an all star. A literal mechanic in a weak era but an all star nonetheless. And now tragically he's dead. The Utah legend. And you're shitting on him. Show some class, man. :facepalm

RIP stiff

RRR3
01-06-2022, 09:39 PM
He was much worse then Eaton lol

Proctor
01-06-2022, 09:48 PM
Xiao exhausted his whole excuse playbook this thread :lol

Mitchell Clarkson Eaton Layton Stiff watch a video :mad: :mad:

Eaton and Layton are his 80s equivalent to his modern day Mitchell and Clarkson tangents :roll:

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 09:50 PM
Xiao exhausted his whole excuse playbook this thread :lol

Mitchell Clarkson Eaton Layton Stiff watch a video :mad: :mad:

Eaton and Layton are his 80s equivalent to his modern day Mitchell and Clarkson tangents :roll:

Learn the names. Get informed troll . Layton :roll:

Proctor
01-06-2022, 09:52 PM
Learn the names. Get informed troll . Layton :roll:

Your obsession with Goubert is funnier :roll:

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 09:55 PM
Your obsession with Goubert is funnier :roll:

You and the rest of the trolls obsession with me and Gobert is sick and pathetic. Seek help! :(

Proctor
01-06-2022, 09:57 PM
You and the rest of the trolls obsession with me and Gobert is sick and pathetic. Seek help! :(
"Me and Gobert"

:lol :lol :lol

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:02 PM
"Me and Gobert"

:lol :lol :lol

Gobert and I sorry troll

RRR3
01-06-2022, 10:17 PM
Xiao how come you call a guy averaging 25.5 PPG on 57.1% TS inefficient? Why do you keep ducking this you troll?

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:18 PM
Can't quit me :facepalm

RRR3
01-06-2022, 10:19 PM
Can't quit me :facepalm
That’s not an answer, troll. Stop lying about Mitchell being inefficient we’re all sick of your trolling

Proctor
01-06-2022, 10:20 PM
Can't quit ducking the question :lol :D

RRR3
01-06-2022, 10:21 PM
A lot of the time I’m not even trolling him and am legitimately pointing out he’s full of shit and he calls it “trolling”. ****ing ridiculous.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:22 PM

what question?

Proctor
01-06-2022, 10:23 PM
A lot of the time I’m not even trolling him and am legitimately pointing out he’s full of shit and he calls it “trolling”. ****ing ridiculous.
No need for trolling, all points by anyone other than Xiao in this thread regarding Eaton and Goubert are consensus. He seems to think I troll or have ever trolled him. I have not. :confusedshrug:

Only Xiao cares which stiff is more effective than the other. Goubert is not special. 200mil!

RRR3
01-06-2022, 10:23 PM
Xiao how come you call a guy averaging 25.5 PPG on 57.1% TS inefficient? Why do you keep ducking this you troll?
This question, troll.

Proctor
01-06-2022, 10:24 PM
Watching the Celtics/Knicks game and damn the Jazz would be so much better with Robert Williams.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:27 PM
No need for trolling, all points by anyone other than Xiao in this thread regarding Eaton and Goubert are consensus. He seems to think I troll or have ever trolled him. I have not. :confusedshrug:

Only Xiao cares which stiff is more effective than the other. Goubert is not special. 200mil!

Calling Gobert their 4th best player is trolling. Maybe some self awareness for the New Year troll?

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:28 PM
Watching the Celtics/Knicks game and damn the Jazz would be so much better with Robert Williams.

than why do the Celtics suck? Jazz have always won with Gobert :lol

Proctor
01-06-2022, 10:28 PM
Calling Gobert their 4th best player is trolling. Maybe some self awareness for the New Year troll?
The Jazz are that deep. Best offense in NBA history like you said. Mitchell and Conley are better. Bojan is having a great year. Don't you claim to watch the games?

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:30 PM
The Jazz are that deep. Best offense in NBA history like you said. Mitchell and Conley are better. Bojan is having a great year. Don't you claim to watch the games?

yeah I watch both ends of the court not your precious box score

Proctor
01-06-2022, 10:31 PM
Yeah and the Heat superteams always won with Joel Anthony. Actual championships and not just regular season participation trophies. Did all the dirty work, set screens, dunked. He's better than Goubert then I guess! :lol

Keep scrambling

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:32 PM
Yeah and the Heat superteams always won with Joel Anthony. Actual championships and not just regular season participation trophies. Did all the dirty work, set screens, dunked. He's better than Goubert then I guess! :lol

Anthony won with Exum and Burke?

Axe
01-06-2022, 10:33 PM
You're sure? :roll:

Proctor
01-06-2022, 10:34 PM
Anthony won with Exum and Burke?
Goubert has never won at any significant level. We don't call Capela a great winner for anchoring the center position for the Houston Rockets and their great regular seasons of years past. We're not gonna start for Goubert. Is that clear for you now? :lol

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:35 PM
You're sure? :roll:

yes

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:38 PM
Goubert has never won at any significant level. We don't call Capela a great winner for anchoring the center position for the Houston Rockets and their great regular seasons of years past. We're not gonna start for Goubert. Is that clear for you now? :lol

what's a significant level? Depends on what you're working with. He won despite the team trying to tank for two years. He won through injuries and non coaching. He won when his leading scorer left. He won with Rubio and Favors spotting up in the corner. He won with Mitchell and Clarkson not passing the ball or playing D. The Rockets sucked without Capela? They didn't start winning until he emerged?

RRR3
01-06-2022, 10:38 PM
The troll still can’t answer a simple question.

SATAN
01-06-2022, 10:39 PM
To be fair, Gobert is better than Capela and Joel Anthony lol

Proctor
01-06-2022, 10:42 PM
what's a significant level? Depends on what you're working with. He won despite the team trying to tank for two years. He won through injuries and non coaching. He won when his leading scorer left. He won with Rubio and Favors spotting up in the corner. He won with Mitchell and Clarkson not passing the ball or playing D. The Rockets sucked without Capela? They didn't start winning until he emerged?
Can't quit me :lol

Better than Anthony yes. Goubert and Capela are equal though

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:47 PM

never said I was. I quit RR3 since he can't do what he vows time and time again

RRR3 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/member.php?186479-RRR3)
Lol

This message is hidden because RRR3 is on your ignore list (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist). View Post (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500732-Gobert-running-from-Jokic&p=14511497#post14511497)

Remove user from ignore list (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=186479)

SATAN
01-06-2022, 10:48 PM

Lol

This message is hidden because RRR3 is on your ignore list (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist). View Post (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500732-Gobert-running-from-Jokic&p=14511497#post14511497)

Remove user from ignore list (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=186479)

Shook.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:49 PM

3 time DPOTY, perennial all NBA, all defense the same as someone who is none of those things sure

Proctor
01-06-2022, 10:49 PM

Lol

That must be why you refuse to answer his question

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:52 PM
Shook.

I would imagine he is. When your life revolves around someone and they aren't responding to your shit anymore it has to hurt :violin:

RRR3
01-06-2022, 10:54 PM
He put me on ignore because I own him with facts that he can’t refute lol

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:55 PM

poor pathetic troll hasn't realized that I haven't responded to him in weeks :roll:

Proctor
01-06-2022, 10:56 PM
He put me on ignore because I own him facts that he can’t refute lol
I noticed :cheers:

RRR3
01-06-2022, 10:57 PM
I noticed :cheers:
Can’t handle the truth about Toody :(

SATAN
01-06-2022, 10:58 PM
poor pathetic troll hasn't realized that I haven't responded to him in weeks :roll:

Did you see his question about Mitchell?? I'd like to know your answer/reasoning in regard to it.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 10:59 PM
Did you see his question about Mitchell?? I'd like to know your answer/reasoning in regard to it.

in case you missed the memo

Lol

SATAN
01-06-2022, 11:08 PM
what question?

Xiao how come you call a guy averaging 25.5 PPG on 57.1% TS inefficient?

That...

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 11:14 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4fMlIJ-ZerwkLiWkVMoYz0SXMDk=/0x0:710x535/1200x0/filters:focal(0x0:710x535):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/23144385/18_21_leaders_ts_comp.png

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 11:14 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/TLYXOk3JLQbPdwTo37MlnmHCToY=/0x0:715x500/1200x0/filters:focal(0x0:715x500):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/23144416/mitchell_ts_10_gm.png

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 11:15 PM
efficiency and troll efficiency obviously two different things

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 11:23 PM
Until last night, the Jazz’s small-ball lineup hadn’t been very good. The Jazz’s lineup of Gay, Bogdanovic, Clarkson, O’Neale, and Mitchell is the most-used small-ball lineup of the season so far with 28 minutes across 7 games. That lineup has an offensive rating of 103.4 and a defensive rating of 127.1, which is a net rating of negative 23.7, which is the worst net rating out of any of the Jazz’s lineups with over 20 minutes of time together. The less-used lineup of Gay, Conley, Bogey, Clarkson, and Ingles has an ortg of 112, drtg of 91.4, for a net rating of 20.3, which is much better, but only in 14 minutes. Replace Conley with Mitchell in that same lineup, and you statistically have the worst lineup the Jazz have put on the floor this season, with a net rating of -42.3 (defense rating of 158.3, yikes). That lineup has only played 11 minutes together, and for good reason, maybe.

in good hands with the best player in franchise history and their other top players :lol

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 11:31 PM
funny how the trolls went silent all of a sudden :roll:

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2022, 11:40 PM
funny how facts always send the trolls running for cover :facepalm

RRR3
01-07-2022, 12:07 AM
His efficiency is 57.1%, the league efficiency is 55.6%. Who’s the troll? Why are you bringing up stats from previous years :facepalm

Proctor
01-07-2022, 12:39 AM
Anddddd the troll went silent :facepalm :oldlol:

kawhileonard2
01-07-2022, 01:08 AM
He wants to shut him down.

Manny98
01-07-2022, 04:49 AM
He does this all the time, poor Xiao :lol

Manny98
01-07-2022, 04:52 AM
My point about the Gobert,Capela comparison was purely about offense

Defense Gobert is far better, but offense they play the same role and have more or less the same skillset yet Xiao acts like Rudy is one of the most impactful offensive players in the entire NBA:facepalm

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 06:02 AM
My point about the Gobert,Capela comparison was purely about offense

Defense Gobert is far better, but offense they play the same role and have more or less the same skillset yet Xiao acts like Rudy is one of the most impactful offensive players in the entire NBA:facepalm

the numbers tell the story or you could actually watch a game troll

Manny98
01-07-2022, 08:54 AM
What numbers?

I have watched plenty of Utah games, Rudy's role on offense is equivalent to a Clint Capela/DeAndre Jordan which is to set screens and roll to the basket as they don't have the offensive skillset of a Jokic or an Embiid to do more than that

Utah offense is so successful because of there playstyle which revolves around ball movement and high volume 3 point shooting

Credit to Snyder because this Utah team moves the basketball better than any team I have ever seen :applause:

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 10:06 AM

Are you talking about offensive rating?

RRR3
01-07-2022, 11:26 AM
He’s talking about that and box score stats. When I’ve given him impact stats that suggest Rudy is at absolute best a slight positive offensively, he ignores it. He has no interest in the actual truth, much like 3ball.

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 11:55 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski: The Jazz are planning to sign center Norvel Pelle to a 10-day hardship deal, (https://*********.com/social/) sources tell ESPN, He’s expected to play vs. Toronto tonight.

– via Twitter wojespn (https://twitter.com/wojespn)

he's go be able to do what Gobert does. It's easy! :roll:

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 12:14 PM
He’s talking about that and box score stats. When I’ve given him impact stats that suggest Rudy is at absolute best a slight positive offensively, he ignores it. He has no interest in the actual truth, much like 3ball.

So I guess there's no point in mentioning that offensive rating is heavily skewed toward big men due to FG%?

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 12:23 PM

pick an advanced stat

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 12:44 PM
pick an advanced stat

Again..you are aware that advanced stats heavily favor big men right? Particular rim runners with high FG% like Capela, DeAndre Jordan, Zubac, etc.

But since you asked...his BPM and VORP have never been elite.

Manny98
01-07-2022, 12:46 PM
pick an advanced stat
We're asking you what specific advanced stats that show us that Rudy is this amazing offensive force and that Utah would fall off a cliff without his screens and pressure at the rim

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 12:48 PM
Again..you are aware that advanced stats heavily favor big men right? Particular rim runners with high FG% like Capela, DeAndre Jordan, Zubac, etc.

But since you asked...his BPM and VORP have never been elite.

6th in VORP. 4 straight years in top 15

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 12:49 PM
We're asking you what specific advanced stats that show us that Rudy is this amazing offensive force and that Utah would fall off a cliff without his screens and pressure at the rim

I've posted them time and time again. You guys don't care about any of that. Now you have Norvelle Pelle. Who cares! Shouldn't miss a beat. Stick any big man in there and he will get wide open dunks and put backs :applause:

Manny98
01-07-2022, 12:52 PM
Well none of us have seen what specific stat you're talking about hence why we're asking.

Stop dancing around the question and post the stats that show us that Rudy is the most impactful offensive player on the Jazz :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 12:53 PM
Well none of us have seen what specific stat you're talking about hence why we're asking.

Stop dancing around the question and post the stats that show us that Rudy is the most impactful offensive player on the Jazz :oldlol:

just conveniently scroll by facts. I know how you trolls work

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 12:55 PM
Pelle or Udoka with best player in franchise history, Clarkson, Bojan and whoever shouldn't miss a beat!

Manny98
01-07-2022, 12:56 PM
just conveniently scroll by facts. I know how you trolls work
So you have nothing?

I rest my case

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 12:58 PM
So you have nothing?

I rest my case

just posted that shit yesterday. You choose to scroll by stuff that's on you. I'm not wasting my time with it at your whim. You don't care about facts. You got Norvelle Pelle!

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 01:01 PM
6th in VORP. 4 straight years in top 15

Depends on what your definition of elite is then I guess. I don't consider Jayson Tatum elite even though many would say he's a top 15 player.

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 01:02 PM
Depends on what your definition of elite is then I guess. I don't consider Jayson Tatum elite even though many would say he's a top 15 player.

no one considers Gobert good except me. ISH! :roll:

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 01:11 PM
no one considers Gobert good except me. ISH! :roll:

No one has said that he isn't good.

It's just a fact that he isn't skilled offensively and can be exploited in the playoffs.

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 01:14 PM
No one has said that he isn't good.

It's just a fact that he isn't skilled offensively and can be exploited in the playoffs.

yes they have. Whiteside is better. Favors is better. Gay is better. Norvelle Pelle will be better

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 01:18 PM
yes they have. Whiteside is better. Favors is better. Gay is better. Norvelle Pelle will be better

They're messing with you because you haven't shown any sort of objectivity when it comes to Rudy.

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 01:22 PM
They're messing with you because you haven't shown any sort of objectivity when it comes to Rudy.

they're trolls. I get it

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 01:31 PM
they're trolls. I get it

But you can't be objective when it comes to Gobert either.

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 01:46 PM
But you can't be objective when it comes to Gobert either.

what do I need to be objective about? Facts are facts. He's one of the most impactful players in the league and has been for a long time. Jazz have never been good for an extended period of time without him. Give the credit to others if you choose I guess.

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 01:48 PM
what do I need to be objective about? Facts are facts. He's one of the most impactful players in the league and has been for a long time. Jazz have never been good for an extended period of time without him. Give the credit to others if you choose I guess.

So you don't think that the way his game is can be a weakness against certain teams in a playoff series?

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2022, 01:54 PM
So you don't think that the way his game is can be a weakness against certain teams in a playoff series?

maybe? He can't guard 5 guys by himself. If his coach won't make adjustments there's not much he can do. If you put players around him that don't fit it's going to be tough for him. It's a team game. He's their best player. You build around your best player. They've lost one playoff series they were seeded higher and they were without their 2nd best player and the ' best player in franchise history' was hurt(because he chose not to listen to doctors). They've pulled two upsets one in which he played hurt.