PDA

View Full Version : Did Andre Iguodala really outplayed Curry in that finals?

iamgine
01-06-2022, 04:05 PM
Curry had a TON more turnovers and was way worse defender but is that enough to give Iguodala the FMVP over Curry?

01-06-2022, 04:10 PM
Yeah. Just like Nash is better than Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem, etc.

AlternativeAcc.
01-06-2022, 04:13 PM
Oh, by far.

Currys stats are misleading, he stat padded in blowouts. And his stats weren't even good.

He was atrocious on both sides for the entire series and was humiliated by LeBron throughout

Curry is a joke

1987_Lakers
01-06-2022, 04:16 PM
From what I remember from the series is the Warriors struggling the first 3 games, then they put Iggy in the starting lineup and it was all smooth sailing from there, he hit a bunch of big shots too. Curry on the other hand was getting locked up by a nobody, but he did have a game where he dominated (game 5).

I honestly didn't mind Iggy getting the FMVP when it happened, because it was obvious to everyone that him entering the starting lineup changed the series, but despite Curry being inconsistent in that series, he did have a couple of games where he clearly produced more than Iggy.

highwhey
01-06-2022, 04:47 PM
Oh, by far.

Currys stats are misleading, he stat padded in blowouts. And his stats weren't even good.

He was atrocious on both sides for the entire series and was humiliated by LeBron throughout

Curry is a joke

agreed on all points.

Full Court
01-06-2022, 05:02 PM
Curry had a TON more turnovers and was way worse defender but is that enough to give Iguodala the FMVP over Curry?

You didn't get the memo? Turnovers don't count. Except for Westbrook.

Bronbron23
01-06-2022, 05:50 PM
From what I remember from the series is the Warriors struggling the first 3 games, then they put Iggy in the starting lineup and it was all smooth sailing from there, he hit a bunch of big shots too. Curry on the other hand was getting locked up by a nobody, but he did have a game where he dominated (game 5).

I honestly didn't mind Iggy getting the FMVP when it happened, because it was obvious to everyone that him entering the starting lineup changed the series, but despite Curry being inconsistent in that series, he did have a couple of games where he clearly produced more than Iggy.

Spot on

John8204
01-06-2022, 07:06 PM
The problem with Iggy's MVP wasn't Curry but Lebron if ever there was a season where a loser should have gotten an MVP since Jerry West it was that season.

DevBooker'sMask
01-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Oh, by far.

Curry is a joke

agree to agree

AirBonner
01-06-2022, 07:48 PM
Curry doesn’t have to play defense

Axe
01-06-2022, 08:05 PM
Oh, by far.

Curry is a joke
High iq take :applause:

Ne 1
01-07-2022, 10:04 AM
When you factor in defense? Yes. He was the difference maker in that series for Golden State. LeBron went 2-12 when guarded by Iggy in game 1, struggled in the 4th quarter and OT. Warriors take 1-0 lead. After going down 1-2, in Game 4 Iggy starts and outplays Lebron on both sides of the floor and GS evens the series 2-2. Then in the clinching game 6, Lebron missed 20+ shots vs Iggy, and Iggy scored 25 points himself. I believe without Iggy, Lebron would have went off for nearly 50 every night.

HunterSThompson
01-07-2022, 10:21 AM
yes. lebron was owning the warriors before iggy started and forced him into long 2s on like 29% outside of 5 feet