PDA

View Full Version : Many years watching hoops and only once did I see a player get a migraine

3ba11
01-07-2022, 10:07 AM
So it must've been the weakest guy mentally that it happened to.. Migraines are caused by stress so this guy just couldn't handle it.

It wouldn't happen to guys we know to be mentally tough like Bird, Kobe, Billups or even a guy like Eddie House..

it would ONLY happen to a guy that GETS RATTLED - a guy that would let his emotions get in the way of winning, like this (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yC7rCzdZ9go&t=04m43s).

warriorfan
01-07-2022, 10:10 AM
I haven’t either. He might have been faking it.

SpaceJam
01-07-2022, 10:10 AM
So it must've been the weakest guy mentally that it happened to.. Migraines are caused by stress so this guy just couldn't handle it.

It wouldn't happen to guys we know to be mentally tough like Bird, Kobe, Billups or even a guy like Eddie House..

it would ONLY happen to a guy that GETS RATTLED - a guy that would let his emotions get in the way of winning, like this (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yC7rCzdZ9go&t=04m43s).

You are right! Crazy, Wade suffers from them too. Definitely something about those guys not being mentally tough

NBA star Dwyane Wade has had migraine headaches since he was a boy. Because bright lights can be a migraine trigger, Wade often wears tinted glasses to cut down on the glare inside NBA arenas.

warriorfan
01-07-2022, 10:12 AM
You are right! Crazy, Wade suffers from them too. Definitely something about those guys not being mentally tough

Watching LeBron get outscored by Jason Terry in the NBA Finals while Terry plays 67 less minutes probably triggered it for him

SpaceJam
01-07-2022, 10:13 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/60dlft.jpg

Kblaze8855
01-07-2022, 10:15 AM
Wade had a whole interview on his….

3ba11
01-07-2022, 10:16 AM
Wade had a whole interview on his….

When did a migraine make him lose a title like Pippen lost for the 1990 Bulls?

Only Pippen couldn't handle it, while Wade wore special glasses and was fine.. he never went 1-10

Full Court
01-07-2022, 10:17 AM
I'm sure many players get migraines. Most of them probably just play through them.

HunterSThompson
01-07-2022, 10:17 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/60dlft.jpg

lebron got period cramps that cost him a finals. that's way more pathetic than a migraine

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 10:19 AM
When did a migraine make him lose a title like Pippen lost for the 1990 Bulls?

Only Pippen couldn't handle it, while Wade wore special glasses and was fine

Do you know how migraines work? People who suffer from them sometimes may only get them once a month or less. And there are several different forms. Some are triggered by light, some have other manifestations. Some are milder, some are severe.

You're trying too hard.

SpaceJam
01-07-2022, 10:19 AM
lebron got period cramps that cost him a finals. that's way more pathetic than a migraine

This a migraine thread bro, start a period cramps one

3ba11
01-07-2022, 10:22 AM
I'm sure many players get migraines. Most of them probably just play through them.

Exactly. - only Pippen couldn't handle it, and he admitted it was due to the pressure:

PIPPEN: "It was the pressure.. As the pressure grew, the pounding grew.. I wasn't able to answer the bell."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h22m15s

^^^ This was Pippen being interviewed in the Bad Boys documentary admitting how the pressure caused him to disappear in 1990 ECF Game 7, which cost the Bulls the title

Kblaze8855
01-07-2022, 10:22 AM

Kareem apparently had a bad one in the 82 finals. Andrew Bogut gets them so bad he can’t see or speak.

They seem fairly common.

3ba11
01-07-2022, 10:25 AM
Do you know how migraines work? People who suffer from them sometimes may only get them once a month or less. And there are several different forms. Some are triggered by light, some have other manifestations. Some are milder, some are severe.

You're trying too hard.

Oh okay

So there must be tons of examples of guys shitting the bed specifically due to the migraine.

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 10:29 AM
Oh okay

So there must be tons of examples of guys shitting the bed specifically due to the migraine.

There's probably been countless instances of guys taking nights off in the regular season or only playing 17 minutes or having a really shitting game because of them.

That it happened in a game 7 situation is unfortunate, and the odds are very low of that happening. So no, there wouldn't be tons of examples. Although I'm sure it's happened to someone before. They just didn't play with Michael Jordan and weren't as good as Pippen was at basketball. So no one cared.

Kblaze8855
01-07-2022, 10:41 AM
There's probably been countless instances of guys taking nights off in the regular season or only playing 17 minutes or having a really shitting game because of them.

https://youtu.be/y4N5sI27PAs

Related note….the NBA actually banned the glasses Wade user at first because opponents not being able to see his eyes was considered an unfair advantage. That’s why he had to start using the much lighter rose tinted ones.

HunterSThompson
01-07-2022, 10:46 AM
haven't these guys ever heard of tylenol

3ba11
01-07-2022, 10:50 AM

Related note….the NBA actually banned the glasses Wade user at first because opponents not being able to see his eyes was considered an unfair advantage. That’s why he had to start using the much lighter rose tinted ones.

Wade still had 20+ points in that game

So thanks for confirming that ONLY PIPPEN was too weak to handle it

It's standard for Pippen to be the only guy weak enough to fail at something:

ONLY PIPPEN never reached Horry-level in the Finals over a meaningful sample - Pippen is 0/6 in matching Horry's 95' Finals gamescore of 19.0, while everyone else matched or exceeded it.. So only Pippen isn't capable of Horry-level.

And the Bulls are the only team to win more than 2 Finals without a supporting teammate getting FMVP or 25 ppg... so ONLY PIPPEN never achieved a FMVP or elite-producing level for that long (3 times as long as anyone else).

SouBeachTalents
01-07-2022, 10:53 AM

So thanks for confirming that ONLY PIPPEN was too weak to handle it

It's standard for Pippen to be the only guy weak enough to fail at something:

ONLY PIPPEN never reached Horry-level in the Finals over a meaningful sample - Pippen is 0/6 in matching Horry's 95' Finals gamescore of 19.0, while everyone else matched or exceeded it.. So only Pippen isn't capable of Horry-level.

And the Bulls are the only team to win more than 2 Finals without a supporting teammate getting FMVP or 25 ppg... so ONLY PIPPEN never achieved a FMVP or elite-producing level for that long (3 times as long as anyone else).
ONLY PIPPEN could lose the GOAT in his absolute prime and still win 55 games the following season.

3ba11
01-07-2022, 11:02 AM
ONLY PIPPEN could lose the GOAT in his absolute prime and still win 55 games the following season.

Pippen should get knocked for what he did without MJ - it makes the case

After the 94' Playoffs ended the no-pressure period/surprise factor and plausiible deniability of being defending 3-peat champs, the "real" Bulls without MJ were borderline lottery in 95' before MJ returned to restore 3-peat caliber.

So unlike real 1st options that build a franchise every year, Pippen had destroyed a 3-peat dynasty to borderline lottery in less than 18 months

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 11:07 AM
haven't these guys ever heard of tylenol

You have to catch it in time.

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 11:08 AM

I remember how ridiculous those looked :lol

But yea, this happening in a game 7 would have been a hell of a lot worse for him than it was.

Kblaze8855
01-07-2022, 11:09 AM

So thanks for confirming that ONLY PIPPEN was too weak to handle it.

Wade missed several games in his career due to migraines. And had several off performances when he did play. James Jones had them too on the same team. The fans White out night outfits apparently made it worse through brightness and the repetitive pattern.

Its ok to just say you didn’t have enough information on a subject. I certainly didn’t have much on this one. I knew he had headaches but not the extent of it. Apparently you didn’t know migraines even existed in basketball outside of one 30 years ago.

HunterSThompson
01-07-2022, 11:10 AM
You have to catch it in time.

lol no I've had migraines and it takes an hour. most of the time it's just a lack of sleep and dehydration

you just gotta take 2 of those extra strength tablets

HunterSThompson
01-07-2022, 11:13 AM
Wade missed several games in his career due to migraines. And had several off performances when he did play. James Jones had them too on the same team. The fans White out night outfits apparently made it worse through brightness and the repetitive pattern.

Its ok to just say you didn’t have enough information on a subject. I certainly didn’t have much on this one. I knew he had headaches but not the extent of it. Apparently you didn’t know migraines even existed in basketball outside of one 30 years ago.

all i know is if I had a bad game I would definitely use the migraine excuse to avoid blame. like how lebron uses his usual " we're not 100%" line

everyone needs a go to

3ba11
01-07-2022, 11:20 AM

Did Wade ever have 2 points in 42 minutes on 1-10

Did he ever play anywhere near this level due to a migraine

Again, in the history of basketball, Pippen is the only "migraine" story

And he admitted it was the pressure of the moment - he literally said that in the Bad Boys documentary, posted earlier with link

The real shame is that it cost the Bulls the title, just like his shitty play lost titles in 88', 89', and 95'... And his shenanigans ultimately broke up the dynasty in 99'... A sidekick with more integrity would NOT have resulted in all the issues that caused the breakup... Pippen was Krause's biggest thorn (pip would verbally abuse Krause in front of everyone), and he became Houston's problem (they hated Pippen and gave him away to the Blazers for nothing).

jlip
01-07-2022, 11:59 AM
Kblaze beat me to it, but Kareem was the very first name that popped in my head when I saw this thread.

3ba11
01-07-2022, 12:18 PM
Kblaze beat me to it, but Kareem was the very first name that popped in my head when I saw this thread.

That example isn't famous and Pippen is the only real migraine headline in history because he's the only guy that used a migraine as an excuse for tricking off the title

jlip
01-07-2022, 01:23 PM
That example isn't famous and Pippen is the only real migraine headline in history because he's the only guy that used a migraine as an excuse for tricking off the title

Translation... You didn't know about it, despite your "many years of watching hoops." Therefore it doesn't matter. :facepalm

Game 5 of the 1982 Finals, which was a potential closeout game, Kareem had a migraine resulting in stats of 6pts and 4 rbs in a loss.

And it wasn't just that one example. Kareem suffered with migraines over the majority of his career until age 37. I thought you would know that with all of your "many years of watching hoops." Kareem received treatment for them in 1984 which seemed to relieve him, at least temporarily, of the recurring pain. Notice what is said in this article.

'The chiropractor discovered the top two vertebrae in my neck were out of line,' Abdul-Jabbar said. 'He straightened them out, and that relieved the pressure that was being applied to the right side of my head. It was a simple mechanical thing, but it allowed the blood to flow properly.'

Abdul-Jabbar, who could become the NBA's all-time leading scorer by the end of this season, visited the chiropractor in January when he was averaging about 18 points per game.

In the 33 games since the treatment, he has averaged about 23 points a game.

'I haven't had to be concerned about headaches,' Abdul-Jabbar said. 'I'm worry-free, and that certainly has been a big help.'
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1984/03/16/Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-who-has-suffered-from-excruciating-migraine-headaches/1685448261200/

The migraines affected his on court performance. As long as he was worried about his migraines, he was averaging just 18ppg for the season. As soon as his migraine condition improved, his performance and scoring average jumped five points to 23ppg.

Then that same year though, he woke up with a migraine right before game game 6 of the 1984 Finals. This is why I said that his former treatment temporarily relieved him. Anyways, he dominated that game to the tune of a 30/10/5 performance. But again, observe what he said after the game,

"There was never a question if I was going to play, only a question of how well."

A legit GOAT candidate who has been in pressure situations his entire career understood that the degree of a migraine could tremendously affect a player's performance. But let's read further what Kareem said about his migraine as it sheds light on how he was able to dominate and lead his team to victory in that game.

"It [the migraine] hurt. I threw up my breakfast, but it went away an hour before the game."
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2211&dat=19840616&id=hy0mAAAAIBAJ&sjid=gf4FAAAAIBAJ&pg=1919,2185305&hl=en

He was able to dominate, because the migraine went away before the game. He didn't have to play through the migraine which greatly hurt his performance in the finals two seasons prior to this. But I thought you would know this due to your "many years of watching hoops."

This is why I rarely engage you. You are obviously a one dimensional, obsessed troll who either knows nothing about the game that can't be gleaned from stats on bballref.com or an excellent actor playing said roll.

TheCorporation
01-07-2022, 04:07 PM
ONLY PIPPEN could lose the 90s GOAT in his absolute prime and still win 55 games the following season, collecting 3rd in MVP voting along the way.

AirBonner
01-07-2022, 04:21 PM
“Many years of watching hoops” apparently didn’t watch Kareem on the most watched team :roll::roll:

Hey Yo
01-07-2022, 04:33 PM
Did Wade ever have 2 points in 42 minutes on 1-10

Did he ever play anywhere near this level due to a migraine

Again, in the history of basketball, Pippen is the only "migraine" story

And he admitted it was the pressure of the moment - he literally said that in the Bad Boys documentary, posted earlier with link

The real shame is that it cost the Bulls the title, just like his shitty play lost titles in 88', 89', and 95'... And his shenanigans ultimately broke up the dynasty in 99'... A sidekick with more integrity would NOT have resulted in all the issues that caused the breakup... Pippen was Krause's biggest thorn (pip would verbally abuse Krause in front of everyone), and he became Houston's problem (they hated Pippen and gave him away to the Blazers for nothing).

MJ quitting in 89 is was cost him the title.

SouBeachTalents
01-07-2022, 04:45 PM
Translation... You didn't know about it, despite your "many years of watching hoops." Therefore it doesn't matter. :facepalm

Game 5 of the 1982 Finals, which was a potential closeout game, Kareem had a migraine resulting in stats of 6pts and 4 rbs in a loss.

And it wasn't just that one example. Kareem suffered with migraines over the majority of his career until age 37. I thought you would know that with all of your "many years of watching hoops." Kareem received treatment for them in 1984 which seemed to relieve him, at least temporarily, of the recurring pain. Notice what is said in this article.

'The chiropractor discovered the top two vertebrae in my neck were out of line,' Abdul-Jabbar said. 'He straightened them out, and that relieved the pressure that was being applied to the right side of my head. It was a simple mechanical thing, but it allowed the blood to flow properly.'

Abdul-Jabbar, who could become the NBA's all-time leading scorer by the end of this season, visited the chiropractor in January when he was averaging about 18 points per game.

'I haven't had to be concerned about headaches,' Abdul-Jabbar said. 'I'm worry-free, and that certainly has been a big help.'
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1984/03/16/Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-who-has-suffered-from-excruciating-migraine-headaches/1685448261200/

The migraines affected his on court performance. As long as he was worried about his migraines, he was averaging just 18ppg for the season. As soon as his migraine condition improved, his performance and scoring average jumped five points to 23ppg.

Then that same year though, he woke up with a migraine right before game game 6 of the 1984 Finals. This is why I said that his former treatment temporarily relieved him. Anyways, he dominated that game to the tune of a 30/10/5 performance. But again, observe what he said after the game,

"There was never a question if I was going to play, only a question of how well."

A legit GOAT candidate who has been in pressure situations his entire career understood that the degree of a migraine could tremendously affect a player's performance. But let's read further what Kareem said about his migraine as it sheds light on how he was able to dominate and lead his team to victory in that game.

"It [the migraine] hurt. I threw up my breakfast, but it went away an hour before the game."
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2211&dat=19840616&id=hy0mAAAAIBAJ&sjid=gf4FAAAAIBAJ&pg=1919,2185305&hl=en

He was able to dominate, because the migraine went away before the game. He didn't have to play through the migraine which greatly hurt his performance in the finals two seasons prior to this. But I thought you would know this due to your "many years of watching hoops."

This is why I rarely engage you. You are obviously a one dimensional, obsessed troll who either knows nothing about the game that can't be gleaned from stats on bballref.com or an excellent actor playing said roll.
https://c.tenor.com/G9DJMErGNiYAAAAd/uppercut-mike-tyson.gif

TheCorporation
01-07-2022, 04:50 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/1fiID5THRLei31cvMd/giphy.gif

FilmyCogTurner
01-07-2022, 08:40 PM
There's a lot of reasons to rag on Scottie Pippen and a migraine isn't one of them and this is coming from someone who was a major Bulls fan through the 90's.

Migraines are no joke. When I get them even sleeping is difficult, couldn't imagine trying to play a basketball game.

3ba11
01-07-2022, 09:00 PM

You don't engage me because you can't - you lack the knowledge or courage to put yourself out there and risk getting destroyed.

Your post about Kareem showed how he played well with migraines compared to Pippen's 2 points and never cost his team the title like Pippen did...

Again, only the only migraine choke headline was Pippen.. Other guys had injuries that brought the team down - Pippen had a migraine

zeerghit
01-07-2022, 09:17 PM
it amazes me how many L's one guy can take:lol

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 09:20 PM
You don't engage me because you can't - you lack the knowledge or courage to put yourself out there and risk getting destroyed.

Your post about Kareem showed how he played well with migraines compared to Pippen's 2 points and never cost his team the title like Pippen did...

Again, only the only migraine choke headline was Pippen.. Other guys had injuries that brought the team down - Pippen had a migraine

Oh my god, stop embarrassing yourself.

You’re like that trashy chick acting crazy who someone says gross too and completely eviscerates her but she doesn’t comprehend and comes back with a “bitch I know you want it”.

Nope. No we don’t.

3ba11
01-07-2022, 09:21 PM
it amazes me how many L's one guy can take:lol

I toy with you guys.. ragdoll the shit out of you... You guys can't respond to anything I say because it's all historical record

Carry on your delusion and rank ignorance.. amusing

kawhileonard2
01-07-2022, 10:55 PM
Lebron quit on the Cavs and they burned his jersey and held his family hostage. He also only won 1 title for the franchise that drafted him which is pathetic in 11 years. Imagine someone getting credit when they lose with Shaq and only get to round 2 and they lose with peak Duncan getting bronze medal.

1987_Lakers
01-08-2022, 02:23 AM

You’re like that trashy chick acting crazy who someone says gross too and completely eviscerates her but she doesn’t comprehend and comes back with a “bitch I know you want it”.

Nope. No we don’t.

:roll:

ELITEpower23
01-08-2022, 02:30 AM
i toy with you guys.. Ragdoll the shit out of you... You guys can't respond to anything i say because it's all historical record

carry on your delusion and rank ignorance.. Amusing

PLEASE.

P
l
e
a
s
e

Seek help. I'll pay.

Axe
01-08-2022, 02:34 AM
Another day, another thread where op gets epic beatdowns.

Anyway, it seems we are really due for another dox against op for this new year folks.

RRR3
01-08-2022, 02:57 AM

Nope. No we don’t.
:roll:

SpaceJam
01-08-2022, 03:42 AM
Thread is actually hilarious :oldlol: