PDA

View Full Version : Saying Zion will end up like Larry Johnson doesn't sound so crazy anymore does it?

3ba11
01-07-2022, 10:13 AM
Even if he comes back healthy for a while, does anyone still have soaring expectations of HOF career?

Seems like other players are getting better and getting their teams better, while Zion is stagnant and losing his edge.

That's what happens when players lose critical development years - they fall back to the pack - similar to Kuzma after losing several development years standing in the corner in Lebron-ball.

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 10:20 AM
You made a Zion thread to talk about Lebron ball

3ba11
01-07-2022, 10:26 AM

He could be a good illustration of what happens when guys lose a few of their development years.. they fall back to the pack, like Kuzma

SpaceJam
01-07-2022, 10:28 AM
Is that similar to Horace Grant/B.J. Armstrong? Lost critical development years under Jordan-ball, fell back to the pack. Than proceeded to have all-star seasons after? Just so we on the same page here

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 10:31 AM
He could be a good illustration of what happens when guys lose a few of their development years.. they fall back to the pack, like Kuzma

Could be? He hasn't played yet, so it's pointless to have this discussion. Last time he was on the court he was one of the most effective players in the game.

Again...you made this thread to talk about Kuzma/Lebron. Just own it and don't be a weasel.

SouBeachTalents
01-07-2022, 10:35 AM
Even if he comes back healthy for a while, does anyone still have soaring expectations of HOF career?

Seems like other players are getting better and getting their teams better, while Zion is stagnant and losing his edge.

That's what happens when players lose critical development years - they fall back to the pack - similar to Kuzma after losing several development years standing in the corner in Lebron-ball.
And here I thought you actually made a thread that had nothing to do with LeBron/Jordan/Pippen :lol But based on 8 years of evidence, you might literally be incapable of doing that.

Dray n Klay
01-07-2022, 10:40 AM
Is that similar to Horace Grant/B.J. Armstrong? Lost critical development years under Jordan-ball, fell back to the pack. Than proceeded to have all-star seasons after? Just so we on the same page here

Got em

3ba11
01-07-2022, 10:42 AM

Show me where they achieved dominant stats or outplayed league MVP or FMVP's like Wade, Bosh, Kyrie or AD... Grant/BJ/Pippen were role players by comparison, with role player production

And show me where they were equal-scoring partners to Jordan like Lebron's sidekicks were for various playoff runs and all Finals wins .. Grant/BJ/Pippen averaged 10-30 less than Jordan in every series of their career, aka carried by Jordan, who always defeated maximum defensive attention/burden.

SpaceJam
01-07-2022, 10:44 AM
Show me where they achieved dominant stats or outplayed league MVP or FMVP's like Wade, Bosh, Kyrie or AD... Grant/BJ/Pippen were role players by comparison, with role player production

And show me where they were equal-scoring partners to Jordan like Lebron's sidekicks were for various playoff runs and all Finals wins .. Grant/BJ/Pippen averaged 10-30 less than Jordan in every series of their career, aka carried by Jordan, who always defeated maximum defensive attention/burden.

When has Kuzma ever met this criteria? As per your example in the 1st post

TheCorporation
01-07-2022, 10:45 AM

:roll::roll:

John8204
01-07-2022, 11:08 AM

Everyone gets better when they leave that team. I think Zion has a limited window and as long as he stays fat he doesn't have to waste his years on a sub .500 team.

3ba11
01-07-2022, 11:12 AM
When has Kuzma ever met this criteria? As per your example in the 1st post

He didn't get a chance because Lebron never stood in the corner for Kuzma (never elevated him).

Being an assist target off-ball elevates teammate role to playmaker, while making the role easier by providing spacing and a bailout option (being an assist target)..

Unfortunately, Lebron never evolved out of offenses that revolve around him, so he never learned to elevate teammates beyond spot-up roles, and therefore never learned how to WIN (organic) - he only learned how to team-hop (talent-based winning), and talent-based winning loses to organic ball movement (lottery record against Spurs, Mavs, Warriors)

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 11:28 AM
He didn't get a chance because Lebron never stood in the corner for Kuzma (never elevated him).

Being an assist target off-ball elevates teammate role to playmaker, while making the role easier by providing spacing and a bailout option (being an assist target)..

Unfortunately, Lebron never evolved out of offenses that revolve around him, so he never learned to elevate teammates beyond spot-up roles, and therefore never learned how to WIN (organic) - he only learned how to team-hop (talent-based winning), and talent-based winning loses to organic ball movement (lottery record against Spurs, Mavs, Warriors)

A chance to what?

You seem to be implying that Kuzma has some sort of playmaking gift or something that Lebron stole.

3ba11
01-07-2022, 11:31 AM
A chance to what?

You seem to be implying that Kuzma has some sort of playmaking gift or something that Lebron stole.

He had a scoring gift, but Lebron destroys scoring forwards like Jamison, Love, Bosh or Kuzma, and he destroys spotty-shooting ball-handlers like Hughes, Ingram, Wade or Pippen

Wide swathes of players don't fit with Lebron's skill restriction to ball-dominance... Bad fits = skill deficit

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 11:36 AM
He had a scoring gift, but Lebron destroys scoring forwards like Jamison, Love, Bosh or Kuzma, and he destroys spotty-shooting ball-handlers like Hughes, Ingram, Wade or Pippen

Wide swathes of players don't fit with Lebron's skill restriction to ball-dominance... Bad fits = skill deficit

In what respect? Please, share with me his strengths as a scorer. They are there..just in case other people think I'm calling Kuzma trash or something.

But they aren't what you so desperately hope for them to be.

Akeem34TheDream
01-07-2022, 11:48 AM

:roll:

3ba11
01-07-2022, 12:29 PM
In what respect? Please, share with me his strengths as a scorer. They are there..just in case other people think I'm calling Kuzma trash or something.

But they aren't what you so desperately hope for them to be.

Kuzma is a pure scorer and there isn't really a particular way to score that he can't do.. He just never got a chance to develop/get really good at any one thing, so now he's more of a role player than star.

Ultimately, the Zion example shows that even "sure things" can be hurt by missing a few years, let alone borderline guys like Kuzma that could go either way depending on circumstance/environment and therefore need optimal situations to reach their potential.

Of course, Bron-ball has proven extremely suboptimal for scoring forwards (Kuzma, Jamison, Love, Bosh) and spotty-shooting ball-handlers (Hughes, Pippen, Ingram, Wade).. bad fits = skill deficit

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 12:41 PM
Kuzma is a pure scorer and there isn't really a particular way to score that he can't do.. He just never got a chance to develop/get really good at any one thing, so now he's more of a role player than star.

Ultimately, the Zion example shows that even "sure things" can be hurt by missing a few years, let alone borderline guys like Kuzma that could go either way depending on circumstance/environment and therefore need optimal situations to reach their potential.

Of course, Bron-ball has proven extremely suboptimal for scoring forwards (Kuzma, Jamison, Love, Bosh) and spotty-shooting ball-handlers (Hughes, Pippen, Ingram, Wade).. bad fits = skill deficit

No, he's not. He has no first step and his handle is extremely weak. Always was.

He's a good spot up shooter and he excels scoring in transition and cutting to the basket off-ball and finishing.

It's funny that someone can be talking about a player who currently plays and just be so wrong about who he is and what he is/was good at doing. Like..just blatantly wrong. Or lying.

1987_Lakers
01-07-2022, 12:48 PM
No, he's not. He has no first step and his handle is extremely weak. Always was.

He's a good spot up shooter and he excels scoring in transition and cutting to the basket off-ball and finishing.

It's funny that someone can be talking about a player who currently plays and just be so wrong about who he is and what he/was good at doing. Like..just blatantly wrong. Or lying.
It's pretty obvious 3ball has no clue about players today, asking him for a scouting report on a current player is like asking a blind man what color the sky is.

sdot_thadon
01-07-2022, 12:49 PM
What I wonder is why you abandoned that other thread you got stomped out in?

3ba11
01-07-2022, 01:04 PM
What I wonder is why you abandoned that other thread you got stomped out in?

I didn't abandon anything and I can't even comprehend the rest of what you said.. You were talking about a different poster apparently

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 01:27 PM
It's pretty obvious 3ball has no clue about players today, asking him for a scouting report on a current player is like asking a blind man what color the sky is.

Yep. He'll just ignore that post and then come back tomorrow and say how Lebron destroys scoring ball-handlers like Kuzma.

SpaceJam
01-07-2022, 01:31 PM
Pure scorer Kyle Kuzma had his best PPG output alongside GOAT talent elevator Bron :applause:

3ba11
01-07-2022, 01:35 PM

It's funny that someone can be talking about a player who currently plays and just be so wrong about who he is and what he is/was good at doing. Like..just blatantly wrong. Or lying.

You don't know what a pure scorer is, let alone look at a scouting report

I saw Kuzma for literally 3 possessions in my life and can break his game down and all his moves better than you

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 01:36 PM

I saw Kuzma for literally 3 possessions in my life and can break his game down and all his moves better than you

It shows.

3ba11
01-07-2022, 01:39 PM
It shows.

says a 5'8" bum that never got anywhere near a ball in his life

TheCorporation
01-07-2022, 01:40 PM

Andrew chill...

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 01:41 PM

Someone defeated ^

1987_Lakers
01-07-2022, 01:45 PM

meltdown

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 01:46 PM
meltdown

You know you got 3ball spinning when he breaks character :lol

3ba11
01-07-2022, 01:47 PM
meltdown

Did you guys play D1 and against many NBA players

Do you know what it's like to chest-to-chest someone or break their ankles?

Oh okay.. that's what I thought

You're analysis of kuzma was skip-bayless level

1987_Lakers
01-07-2022, 01:49 PM

A poster already exposed you as a fraud. You never played D1.

3ba11
01-07-2022, 01:50 PM
A poster already exposed you as a fraud. You never played D1.

RRR3 literally confirmed that I did and he had to change his wording from "you never played".... to "you never had a long career"

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 01:54 PM

Your analysis of everything is below Skip Bayless level in that not only do you say nothing, but you're also disingenuous at best and a liar at worst.

Watch Kuzma play please. When he has a defender squared up on him he is not good at creating his own shot. At all. He moves well in a straight line and has good hands but his feet are slow laterally.

And the kicker? He has really no ability to make those contested jump shots you always deem so important.

1987_Lakers
01-07-2022, 01:56 PM
RRR3 literally confirmed that I did and he had to change his wording from "you never played".... to "you never had a long career"

And you literally confirmed LeBron = MJ in another forum.

https://i.ibb.co/XCD6m9n/3-Ball-Le-Bron-is-the-GOAT.png

3ba11
01-07-2022, 01:57 PM
Your analysis of everything is below Skip Bayless level in that not only do you say nothing, but you're also disingenuous at best and a liar at worst.

Watch Kuzma play please. When he has a defender squared up on him he is not good at creating his own shot. At all. He moves well in a straight line and has good hands but his feet are slow laterally.

And the kicker? He has really no ability to make those contested jump shots you always deem so important.

Kuzma was a talented scorer but he's come back to the pack by missing a few years of development like Zion..

Ultimately, the Zion example shows that even "sure things" can be hurt by missing a few years, let alone borderline guys like Kuzma that could go either way depending on circumstance/environment (and therefore need optimal situations to reach their potential, aka 88' pippen).

ShawkFactory
01-07-2022, 02:05 PM
Kuzma was a talented scorer but he's come back to the pack by missing a few years of development like Zion..

Ultimately, the Zion example shows that even "sure things" can be hurt by missing a few years, let alone borderline guys like Kuzma that could go either way depending on circumstance/environment (and therefore need optimal situations to reach their potential, aka 88' pippen).

His game is exactly the same as it's always been. He couldn't shake defenders his rookie year. 36% of his shots were spot up 3s, 55% of his buckets were without taking a single dribble (both of which suggest a high assisted rate), and only 8% of his shots came with a defender within 4 feet of him. And he shot 34% in such instances.

All of that backs up what I've already told you. But you've done as I've suspected which is ignore the facts.

Phoenix
01-07-2022, 02:06 PM

Ahhh, the real point of the thread. Good one 3nut....

TheCorporation
01-07-2022, 02:31 PM
You know you got 3ball spinning when he breaks character :lol

:lol Yep

Phoenix
01-07-2022, 03:03 PM

1987_Lakers
01-07-2022, 03:09 PM

Imagine posting that like if it's a good thing. Lol

TheCorporation
01-07-2022, 03:50 PM
Imagine posting that like if it's a good thing. Lol

SouBeachTalents
01-07-2022, 03:58 PM
3ball is a glutton for punishment :lol

RRR3
01-07-2022, 04:10 PM

He didn’t play college ball he’s lying which is why he won’t attempt to prove it.

zeerghit
01-07-2022, 04:10 PM

:roll::roll:

AirBonner
01-07-2022, 04:19 PM
Op likes to go chest to chest with other men

Full Court
01-07-2022, 08:06 PM
Op likes to go chest to chest with other men

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/08/g2192_photo19.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=500

3ba11
01-07-2022, 09:26 PM

That's me saying what the other poster thought

You guys are just too dumb to concede your losing argument - Lebron is nowhere near MJ - so you have to make stuff up and pretend you were there 10 years ago when I had that conversation

The mods also altered and deleted my good posts, just like the bitchmade mods do on this forum