PDA

View Full Version : I’m at a barcade playing nba showtime and one thing is clear.

Kblaze8855
01-08-2022, 10:40 PM
Modern ball wins.

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2201090805450288.jpeg

My friends are laker fans and I keep punishing Shaq and Kobe with whoever. Shaq can’t shoot threes. Game over.

Shogon
01-08-2022, 10:43 PM
There's quite a bit more depth to this conversation given rule changes and the like but at the end of the day, it's just math.

Kblaze8855
01-08-2022, 10:52 PM
I won’t be contradicted by you about any nba video game. I believe my record against you from like 2005 was about 12-1 with you never having defeated me using a Bulls team.

Shogon
01-08-2022, 11:23 PM
I won’t be contradicted by you about any nba video game. I believe my record against you from like 2005 was about 12-1 with you never having defeated me using a Bulls team.

My latency was absolute dog shit and that was a different era of the internet entirely. I haven't played that game in years... probably since the last time we played. But if you've got a way to make a rematch happen, let me know any time.

If I can be bested by you given that my ping isn't shit anymore, I will concede. Until then, nope.

And my post wasn't about the game itself... it was about comparing today's real life game to yesteryear's.

sdot_thadon
01-08-2022, 11:23 PM
Yeah seems like learning the conditions to nail 3s at a high rate broke any old-school nba game...

Full Court
01-08-2022, 11:37 PM
My latency was absolute dog shit and that was a different era of the internet entirely. I haven't played that game in years... probably since the last time we played. But if you've got a way to make a rematch happen, let me know any time.

If I can be bested by you given that my ping isn't shit anymore, I will concede. Until then, nope.

And my post wasn't about the game itself... it was about comparing today's real life game to yesteryear's.

Lol. So Shogun's saying..... that he needs moar help.

HoopsNY
01-08-2022, 11:43 PM
Anyone remember NBA Showdown '94? That game gave me fits.

tpols
01-08-2022, 11:44 PM

I remember playing halo online a ton back then... online was fine lol. It wasn't 1985.

HoopsNY
01-08-2022, 11:44 PM
I still play NBA Jam TE. I got a 4k compatible Sega Genesis. Good 'ole Juice Mode.

Kblaze8855
01-09-2022, 09:08 AM

Everyones internet was shit back then. I was using net zero dial up when I got to ish. When we played it was like 30 minutes into the “high” speed era. My first cable modem was so slow I still left movies to download overnight.

Whatever my ping was I’m sure it wasn’t good. You’re just salty Pippen set up a campsite deep inside you and went undefeated vs all of ISH for like 3 years.

I lost a few games…but I never lost a game with Pippen/Kukoc and I never will.

Kblaze8855
01-09-2022, 09:19 AM
Having checked….I was 36-1 in 2005 vs ISH and my old board of ISH members. My only loss was apparently bullshit:

. Jun 20 '05#1
(https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/*************/****-a-nba-hangtime-95-t2550.html#p2207)Kemp(me) makes what should be the game winner with 3 seconds left. Plays flawless defense on Brent Barry who throws up a highlig contested 70 footer that goes through Kemps hand bounces around on the rim for 5-8 seconds then drops in. **** Acclaim entertainment.

I believe that game was vs Carbine who still posts here. Ping was a serious issue. 78 posts of trying after that one we had failed to get another game to connect.

Thenameless
01-09-2022, 09:01 PM
That's why games are games, and the Lakers win Championships.