PDA

View Full Version : Jayson Tatum vs Kendrick Perkins

Nike D'Antoni
01-09-2022, 01:56 PM
Kendrick Perkins said

Jaylen Brown completely took over this game with his first triple double of his career! Played a perfect game while Jayson Tatum went 6/14 from the field. They got the win tho! Carry on…

Tatum responded

Normalizing uplifting one man without bringing another one down… JB played great it’s alright to leave it at that

Perkins responds

It’s not bringing you down homeboy! My point is that I’m ready to see both of you have great games at the same time! Just like the rest of the world we want to see if y’all can co exist and I’m standing on that! Carry on youngster…

https://twitter.com/KendrickPerkins/status/1480017002429403141

Nike D'Antoni
01-09-2022, 01:56 PM
Kuzma goes in

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1480176993576660997

Don’t trip king!!! They have to make money somehow remember that 👍🏽💯

Real Men Wear Green
01-09-2022, 03:26 PM
Perk is being a little disingenuous. He recently caked for one of them to be moved and with that as the backdrop is hard to believe he wasn't trying to make a point about Tatum.

I am in agreement with Jalen Rose of course. Keep them together but get them a point guard up grade or at least find a way to get more shooting on the floor. JB is a great scorer for finishing at all the levels but his handle is lacking and his passing is average. Tatum is more versatile but too often he will make the technically correct pass but the guy that gets the ball isn't a good shooter.

They should deal Schroder. He is a good player but the Rondo comparisons are badly misinforming. Rondo knew and knows how to set teammates up at a level Schroder can't approach. Schroder can score but sometimes it's like he shouldn't even be trying to pass. By point guard standards he's bad at it and that's as non-Rondo as it gets. He needs a point guard himself. Tatum and Brown either need a pg that makes it easier for them to score by setting them up or a guard that is a knock down shooter.

Smart is still a pass first two guard. That sounds weird but it's the best way I can explain it. You want him on the floor and he is a positive overall but he can't create offense as a ball handler and is a streaky shooter at best. He does pass well and make sound decisions as a passer but he eats possessions trying to create offense when he doesnt have the game to do that at the NBA level. It's weird because he makes high IQ plays in a lot of areas (especially defense) but he doesn't handle or shoot well enough to be a good offensive point guard.

I say deal Schroder for a shooter and/or find a way to get Ben Simmons that doesn't involve an all-star.

imdaman99
01-09-2022, 06:04 PM
I dunno if a PG can succeed there. Well, IT was hugely successful but they did him dirty. They've tried Kyrie and Kemba since, both are above average point guards and stunk it up there as well.

Real Men Wear Green
01-09-2022, 06:36 PM
I dunno if a PG can succeed there. Well, IT was hugely successful but they did him dirty. They've tried Kyrie and Kemba since, both are above average point guards and stunk it up there as well.

Kemba Walker never had a healthy postseason. Irving only had two playoff series one of which was bad. There's no basis for your theory.