PDA

View Full Version : Poor spacing helped MJ get doubled on large percentage of possessions, so how much...

3ba11
01-09-2022, 06:28 PM
would today's spacing add to his scoring?

Previous eras could reduce Jordan's iso opportunities with easy double-teaming from feet away (no spacing), whereas today's spacing would let him have iso after iso like Harden, while not helping on nearly half his drives like Giannis enjoys (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9jtOOQ43yw4&t=05m42s).

Btw, there were many times that Jordan was doubled literally 100% of possessions for long stretches, like the last 9 minutes in Game 6 of the 89' ECF, or every possession down the stretch of his 61 point game versus the Hawks, and many more, even the 98' ECF and Finals at 35 years old.

The differentiating factor with Jordan was the sheer number of scores that he had ON double-teams or eluding them (which he often did with barely any dribbles).. It's uncanny.

RRR3
01-09-2022, 06:31 PM
Who cares about Jordan? You already told us you think Kobe was better. Why are you so scared to talk about your real favorite player?

3ba11
01-09-2022, 06:34 PM
Who cares about Jordan? You already told us you think Kobe was better. Why are you so scared to talk about your real favorite player?

Based on previous posts like the one you just did above (trying to divert to Kobe), it's easy to read you here and know that you feel I've made a good, irrefutable point.

So thank you for diverting to Kobe (your tell that you think I've made a good point that can't be refuted).

RRR3
01-09-2022, 06:36 PM
Based on previous posts like the one you just did above (trying to divert to Kobe), it's easy to read you here and know that you feel I've made a good, irrefutable point.

So thank you for diverting to Kobe (your tell that you think I've made a good point that can't be refuted).
Why are you petrified to admit you think Kobe is the GOAT? Why does it make your knees knock together when ever someone brings up how you really think? Pretty cowardly. You must know deep down having Kobe as GOAT is an opinion that will get you mocked so you hide behind MJ, the most popular choice for GOAT.

expansionera
01-09-2022, 06:58 PM

Who is GOAT, Jordan or Kobe? :eek:

ImKobe
01-09-2022, 09:22 PM
Who is GOAT, Jordan or Kobe? :eek:

They're the two GOATs. A better discussion is if Lebron's actually going to end up top 10 all-time with all the Finals losses and only 4 rings to his name.. Steph's going to get to at least 4 and he'll have a winning record in the Finals.

Dray n Klay
01-09-2022, 09:29 PM
They're the two GOATs. A better discussion is if Lebron's actually going to end up top 10 all-time with all the Finals losses and only 4 rings to his name.. Steph's going to get to at least 4 and he'll have a winning record in the Finals.

LeBron has 8 combined MVPs/FMVPS Kobe has 3 Steph has 2

Theres levels to this baby-boi :pimp:

Axe
01-09-2022, 09:39 PM
Lol in the modern era you need a finals mvp to be considered a goat. Unfortunately, wardell has none of them. :ohwell:

ELITEpower23
01-09-2022, 10:12 PM
OP?

ELITEpower23
01-09-2022, 10:12 PM
LeBron has 8 combined MVPs/FMVPS Kobe has 3 Steph has 2

Theres levels to this baby-boi :pimp:

It's

:djparty

A

:lebronamazed:

WRAP

:hammertime: • :dancin