PDA

View Full Version : What's the trade value of Talen Horton Tucker?

Lebron23
01-10-2022, 02:12 AM
The Lakers gave him a $32 Million dollars contract last summer. And last month I read that Talen Horton-Tucker is being Targeted By Numerous Teams because of his "potential."

ImKobe
01-10-2022, 02:18 AM
Nothing much IMO, he completely killed his trade value as his jump shot disappeared for a long stretch after a good start to the season. They might get another player of similar value in return that could fit better with their team though but I don't see why teams would be going out of their way to get him at this point. From Nov. 19 up until this last game, he shot 16% from 3 on almost 3 attempts a game and it's not like he's an elite finisher either with 63% inside 3 ft and his mid-range numbers are horrible as well.

Johnny32
01-10-2022, 02:19 AM
idk but the refs hate him. he's not allowed to play defense and gets very few calls when he drives.

SATAN
01-10-2022, 02:23 AM
Nothing much IMO, he completely killed his trade value as his jump shot disappeared for a long stretch after a good start to the season. They might get another player of similar value in return that could fit better with their team though but I don't see why teams would be going out of their way to get him at this point. From Nov. 19 up until this last game, he shot 16% from 3 on almost 3 attempts a game and it's not like he's an elite finisher either with 63% inside 3 ft and his mid-range numbers are horrible as well.

Do you think he has become a significantly worse player since people were up on him?

I wonder if his recent play has anything to do with having an injured hand, getting covid and trade rumors messing with his head. It's hard to know what we're even looking at right now.

ImKobe
01-10-2022, 02:43 AM
Do you think he has become a significantly worse player since people were up on him?

I wonder if his recent play has anything to do with having an injured hand, getting covid and trade rumors messing with his head. It's hard to know what we're even looking at right now.

Compared to last year? Yes. He had a good stretch and shot the 3 at a decent rate for a while there when Lebron and AD were injured. He had a good few games to start the season with the best one against Milwaukee and then he averaged 7/4/3 on 33%FG 9%3PT in 27 mpg for a 10-game stretch. He's looked more like he did last year in these recent games but that's not enough to warrant a decent return for him in the trade market IMO, he's still shot 9% from 3 in his last 9 games leading up to the Memphis game where he finally shot 3/6 from deep.

bladefd
01-10-2022, 03:43 AM
All I know is the Lakers have to move him. I don't know for who, but it has to be done. The trade must happen after January 15.

For who is tough to say, but it has to be someone around 17 mill or less. THT makes 9.5mill, nunn makes 5mill, and we have plenty of minimums so we can throw one in like Jordan or bazemore to get it to 17mill. We can also throw in a future pick depending on who it is for. Myles turner is perfect for that, but I don't know if he is available. If we decide to keep nunn then we can trade THT and a veteran minimum for someone around 12mill. Again, I don't know who fits that price.

ThRRR3tardSatan
01-10-2022, 02:56 PM
Myles Turner

Talen Horton Tucker
Kendrick Nunn
1st 2022
1st 2027
1st 2029

expansionera
01-10-2022, 03:22 PM
He’s shit but he plays for the Lakers, somehow he seems to have a tremendous reputation around the league despite not having done anything to justify people’s belief in his potential. Regardless some GM reported he’d max THT out and I think the intrigue remains for rebuilding teams, somebody somewhere who gets paid to evaluate basketball rosters believes he’s a piece so what the **** can I say

Vino24
01-10-2022, 03:26 PM
Is THT for Marcus Smart a fair trade?

Manny98
01-10-2022, 04:53 PM
THT + Westbrook + future 1st for Jerami Grant

Is that enough, probably the best the Lakers can do

Spurs m8
01-10-2022, 05:00 PM
Guys, can we get bron more all star level help, please

Johnny32
01-10-2022, 05:02 PM
Is THT for Marcus Smart a fair trade?

no. smart wouldn't be allowed to defend if he's a laker and on lebron's team. i'd rather keep tht.

theman93
01-10-2022, 05:05 PM
LOL

Dude is a below average bench player.

So a 2nd rounder.

beasted
01-10-2022, 05:16 PM
Another bench player, not a starter.

He does have upside. If I'm a GM I'm looking at a 21 yr who has potential to be a TJ Warren type with time and in the right system.

Like Warren, THT doesn't play good defense, is average rebounding, nor does he make others better, but he can get buckets in spurts.

I wouldn't trade any starter for him, but a bench player is within reach for LA.

Johnny32
01-10-2022, 05:18 PM
Another bench player, not a starter.

He does have upside. If I'm a GM I'm looking at a 21 yr who has potential to be a TJ Warren type with time and in the right system.

Like Warren, THT doesn't play good defense, is average rebounding, nor does he make others better, but he can get buckets in spurts.

I wouldn't trade any starter for him, but a bench player is within reach for LA.

tht has shown flashes of being an excellent defender. he's strong and has a 7'0 wingspan. he's young and doesn't have the rep yet so they're calling some soft fouls against him.

Johnny32
01-10-2022, 05:29 PM
The ceiling is high for Talen Horton-Tucker defensively and the Lakers hope it leads to him becoming their lockdown defender.

By Jacob Rude@JacobRude Dec 6, 2021, 8:24am PST

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/12/6/22819875/frank-vogel-talent-horton-tucker-defensive-lockdown-potential-perimeter-stopper

they're not trading him unless it lands them turner or grant.

expansionera
01-10-2022, 05:35 PM
THT + Westbrook + future 1st for Jerami Grant

Is that enough, probably the best the Lakers can do
I don’t think the Pistons want Westbrook but THT/Nunn gets you $18mil and you need $20 for Grant, there’s gotta be a way to make a swap happen with proper filler or getting a third team involved.

Those are interesting enough young players with picks it’s fair

beasted
01-10-2022, 05:38 PM
tht has shown flashes of being an excellent defender. he's strong and has a 7'0 wingspan. he's young and doesn't have the rep yet so they're calling some soft fouls against him.

Warren isn't an average defender for a lack of effort. I think THT has good effort, just average instincts/anticipation paired with being an average athlete. Maybe he does expand his game on that end, but any suitors wouldn't be after him for his defense anyhow.

Lakers will be holding onto him then. I only see mostly a lateral trade if they move him.

HylianNightmare
01-10-2022, 05:52 PM
Not shit

bladefd
01-10-2022, 07:38 PM
I don’t think the Pistons want Westbrook but THT/Nunn gets you $18mil and you need $20 for Grant, there’s gotta be a way to make a swap happen with proper filler or getting a third team involved.

Those are interesting enough young players with picks it’s fair

Grant is not realistic. Pistons would want much more in return.