PDA

View Full Version : Billups and Nash pick Kyrie as the most skilled point ever.

Kblaze8855
01-11-2022, 12:45 AM
Billups:

“Kyrie is a wizard, man. He’s must see TV. I personally think, as somebody who played the position, I think Kyrie’s the most skilled player ever to play that position.”

asked about it Nash said:

“Yeah it’s hard to argue,” admitted Nash. “There’s others in the conversation. Obviously, Steph (Curry) is incredibly skilled but just so deadly from long range in a variety of ways. But as far as the ball-handling, the movement, getting to his spots and shooting at all 3 levels, around the rim, (Kyrie is) off the charts, getting to the midrange he’s off the charts, and he’s excellent from deep as well.”

I’ve always said I can’t imagine a better combo of total court shooting, ball handling, and finishing. Nobody who shoots like him can finish like him. You could knock his passing compared to the best but most of the better passers don’t have his scoring skill set.

Nash may have had it all but he was just never gonna show it in his time. He’s mentioned before that he should have attacked and shot more like modern guards but he just wasn’t built that way at the time.

Kyrie is a reasonable pick no matter who you choose though. I just imagine some Steph fans take issue.

warriorfan
01-11-2022, 12:57 AM
Kyrie is definitely amazing. He’s a player everyone needs to watch live at some point. It depends on your criteria but I have no problem with someone calling Kyrie the most skilled player ever.

highwhey
01-11-2022, 01:01 AM
he ain't no skip to my lou, but he aight

SATAN
01-11-2022, 01:01 AM
Hard to argue with that. Curry came to mind but let's face it, only crackheads endorse Curry.

imdaman99
01-11-2022, 01:03 AM
He gets the most oohs and aahs that I remember. Not that I watch Nets games but last year I watched a few in BK and half the time there was ooh'ing and aah'ing because of how much he has the ball on a string. I've had conversations with Lebron fans that hate him, and they agree that Kyrie is one of the most skilled players ever but they still hate him :lol

Spurs m8
01-11-2022, 01:03 AM
They ain't gonna like this...

FultzNationRISE
01-11-2022, 01:04 AM
I see it more as a backhanded compliment.

To call a guy the most skilled ever when he’s not top 10 at the position overall... implies Irving must have a pretty low IQ with poor leadership, offsetting that “best ever” skill to drop him so low in rankings of impact.

Ouch.

warriorfan
01-11-2022, 01:06 AM
I see it more as a backhanded compliment.

To call a guy the most skilled ever when he’s not top 10 at the position overall... implies Irving must have a pretty low IQ with poor leadership, offsetting that “best ever” skill to drop him so low in rankings of impact.

Ouch.

Relax

Hey Yo
01-11-2022, 01:08 AM
Notice how Nash said Steph is deadly from long range and not just deadly from anywhere on the court?

1987_Lakers
01-11-2022, 01:09 AM
As far as ball-handling, shooting, and finishing, then yes, I have no problem with Nash & Billups calling him the most skilled. As far as "all-around player" I would say CP3 is the best ever in that department when talking point guards.

warriorfan
01-11-2022, 01:11 AM
Notice how Nash said Steph is deadly from long range and not just deadly from anywhere on the court?

No. But you obviously did.

Rent free. :roll:

FultzNationRISE
01-11-2022, 01:13 AM
Relax

Nah I mean Im cool with calling him the most skilled ever. Just means Lebron routinely makes the most skilled pg ever his bitch. Puts him on a leash and makes him crawl around on all fours. Hooks him up to a chair with wires that hold his eyes open and forces him to watch painful scientific documentaries proving the spherical shape of the Earth.

Lebron drops random dookie bombs on the floor and forces Irving to eat them up like a hog and then lick Bron clean.

Bron blows his nose in Irving’s hair on the regular.

And Irving is the most skilled ever.

Thats a huge W for the Fam :rockon:

Dray n Klay
01-11-2022, 01:13 AM
His teams are generally better when he doesn't play than when he does, he never made the playoffs as a 1st option, and he went 4-22 in games LeBron didn't play from 2014-2017

Those are all facts.

DevBooker'sMask
01-11-2022, 01:14 AM
so did bron die?

Stephonit
01-11-2022, 01:16 AM
Steph is far far ahead on the skills that aren't often recognized as such. Kyrie looks terrific as a finisher because he finishes some very difficult shots. But Steph in practice is more effective because of his skill at getting separation so that the shots he ends up taking don't need to be that difficult.

Nash saying Kyrie is is not surprising. Nash is Kyrie's current coach after all. Billups on the other hand is a bigger idiot than what one would have thought given his years playing. The record of his team though isn't surprising given the bad takes he was giving as an "analyst" on television.

Hey Yo
01-11-2022, 01:19 AM
No. But you obviously did.

Rent free. :roll:

Shook

warriorfan
01-11-2022, 01:21 AM
Nah I mean Im cool with calling him the most skilled ever. Just means Lebron routinely makes the most skilled pg ever his bitch. Puts him on a leash and makes him crawl around on all fours. Hooks him up to a chair with wires that hold his eyes open and forces him to watch painful scientific documentaries proving the spherical shape of the Earth.

Lebron drops random dookie bombs on the floor and forces Irving to eat them up like a hog and then lick Bron clean.

Bron blows his nose in Irving’s hair on the regular.

And Irving is the most skilled ever.

Thats a huge W for the Fam :rockon:

:crazysam:

highwhey
01-11-2022, 01:25 AM

:oldlol: Nash knew what he was saying

Bawkish
01-11-2022, 01:34 AM
some Bronstains can't control the urge...

iamgine
01-11-2022, 01:37 AM
Comparing Kyrie and Curry is like comparing Pau Gasol and Shaq. Pau Gasol's just a lot more skilled than Shaq. He's a way better passer, way better dribbler, can shoot much better from distance and FT line.

FKAri
01-11-2022, 01:47 AM
I agree. It's him then Steph then maybe CP3 or Zeke.

MadDog
01-11-2022, 01:47 AM
They're not wrong. Skillwise, Kyrie has a great argument. Gary Payton and Chris Paul are up there too. Glove could do it all and post up. Then he'd clamp you for kicks.

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-11-2022, 01:58 AM
Curry's shooting is so far ahead of everybody else that its hard not to put him in the discussion. Irving is a massively better ball handler then curry though. Passing is probably a wash.

ShawkFactory
01-11-2022, 02:07 AM
Is he the most skilled “point” ever? I mean I guess he’s technically a PG but not really. His skills are scoring-centric.

And on that front he’s perhaps the most skilled person who happens to be small enough to play point guard (ish).

But there’s no way he’s more skilled at the actual position than Nash or Paul. Or I Isiah I guess even though I didn’t watch him.

Nash was a 97% shooter who could throw passes off of his elbows to people. Just a different style of game.

bizil
01-11-2022, 02:11 AM
I look at it like this:

GOAT PG: Magic
Best PG peak-prime wise: Magic
Most skilled offensively: Kyrie
Most skilled two way wise: CP3

Kyrie has the best handles ever. Best finisher under the rim ever at his size and under. Has the sick midrange game. Will even post up some. And he's a 50-40-90 marksman on top of it. So basically he's LITERALLY an A to A+ at his size for all the categories I named.

He's a score first PG. And his passing ability I never considered great for the standards of PG floor generalship. But his scoring capabilities are SO SICK, I would still give him the edge as the most skilled PG ever offensively. I would go with Steph after that. It was are judging among the pass first PG's, then CP3, Nash, and Zeke would enter the picture. ONCE AGAIN, most skilled doesn't mean the best player at a position all the time. JUST MEANS you have more technical skill OR more ways to get your shit off.

TheGoatest
01-11-2022, 03:55 AM
He is a point guard who couldn't run an offense out of a wet paper bag.

Gohan
01-11-2022, 04:00 AM
Kyrie is the most overrated player ive ever seen. Besides dwade of course

ELITEpower23
01-11-2022, 06:43 AM
Kyrie looks great playing alongside LBJ or KD but I don't even think Kyrie's the best PG on his own damn team :oldlol: Harden > Kyrie

And when playing on his own? He's just Monta Ellis on roids.

Top 3 most skilled PGs
-LeBron
-CP3
-Steph

Phoenix
01-11-2022, 06:44 AM
Kyrie's in a position of being the most skilled to play the position, if you want to check off a list of skills, while also not playing the position the best as far as optimizing teammates. There's a few handfuls of PGs historically I would rather have as a lead guard, but if I've already got a lead facilitator and I need someone who can break the offense when needed and get his? Then yeah, Kyrie has few peers in that sense.

expansionera
01-11-2022, 07:30 AM
He’s overrated cause he can dribble unlike any other and Lebron put him in position to hit a major shot in a series he’d never participate in without Bron to begin with.

Manny98
01-11-2022, 09:23 AM
Most skilled to ever touch the basketball :applause:

hold this L
01-11-2022, 10:07 AM
I look at it like this:

GOAT PG: Magic
Best PG peak-prime wise: Magic
Most skilled offensively: Kyrie
Most skilled two way wise: CP3

Kyrie has the best handles ever. Best finisher under the rim ever at his size and under. Has the sick midrange game. Will even post up some. And he's a 50-40-90 marksman on top of it. So basically he's LITERALLY an A to A+ at his size for all the categories I named.

He's a score first PG. And his passing ability I never considered great for the standards of PG floor generalship. But his scoring capabilities are SO SICK, I would still give him the edge as the most skilled PG ever offensively. I would go with Steph after that. It was are judging among the pass first PG's, then CP3, Nash, and Zeke would enter the picture. ONCE AGAIN, most skilled doesn't mean the best player at a position all the time. JUST MEANS you have more technical skill OR more ways to get your shit off.

Best finisher under the rim is Steph by a decent margin. Unfortunately we have stats that back this up rather than feelings.

Manny98
01-11-2022, 10:11 AM
Best finisher under the rim is Steph by a decent margin. Unfortunately we have stats that back this up rather than feelings.

:roll:

hold this L
01-11-2022, 10:12 AM
:roll:
Sorry to hurt your feelings dumbass, but he is factually better than Kyrie under the rim. Except for this season where he's been trash there. Career wise, he's more accurate.

insight
01-11-2022, 10:25 AM
Kyrie is not a point guard, he is a shooting guard. The most skilled point guards have the court vision and ability to make any pass and that is not where Kyrie excels. He is the most skilled shooting guard in terms of handles, 3 level scoring and footwork.

Kblaze8855
01-11-2022, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hurt your feelings dumbass, but he is factually better than Kyrie under the rim. Except for this season where he's been trash there. Career wise, he's more accurate.

Making a higher percentage doesn’t make him better around the rim any more than the 8 players who shoot better for their careers than Steph from 3 make them better 3 point shooters. It’s an argument that requires everyone involved to either be or play dumb about how the numbers came to be.

FireDavidKahn
01-11-2022, 10:37 AM
Note that he didn't say the best.

Most skilled =/= best

Airupthere
01-11-2022, 11:21 AM
Could have won multiple rings with kyrie

hold this L
01-11-2022, 11:30 AM
Making a higher percentage doesn’t make him better around the rim any more than the 8 players who shoot better for their careers than Steph from 3 make them better 3 point shooters. It’s an argument that requires everyone involved to either be or play dumb about how the numbers came to be.
Except that it does. The people who shoot better from 3 don't take the kind of 3s, nor have the defensive attention that Steph does. Kyrie and Steph are both players that rely on skill to score around the rim because they're not dunking it. Absolutely terrible comparison. Steph is better than Kyrie under the rim, he's just not as flashy. Or should say was if he doesn't pick up his form.

StrongLurk
01-11-2022, 11:35 AM
He has an argument for most skilled "scoring" PG for sure, but idk about overall skilled.

Also is Kyrie really a point guard? If he is, is he more skilled than AI? Again idk about that, but Kyrie is definitely in the conversation for most skilled scoring "short" player.

Kblaze8855
01-11-2022, 11:43 AM
The weird thing to me about people who insist guys like Kyrie or Curry or really the majority of the best point guards of all time arent points is that they are essentially capping a point guards talent….or brain. Anyone with the skills that people like that have who chooses not to use it to be an aggressive scorer will more often than not be making his team worse as a result. I’ve heard Steph comes down and looks for his shot and therefore isn’t a pure point. But….if he DIDNT…their legendary offense would be worse.

People are using stupidity as a requirement of purity and it’s hilarious.

The Kidd, Rondo, Nash, Mark Jackson, and Stockton types are when you think about it exceptions not the rule. There are like 2 a generation in the mix with 6 scoring points. And the scoring points are usually the ones winning.

The non scorer exception in the 60s was Lenny Wilkins. Oscar and Jerry were 30ppg guys and even Cousy led the league in shot attempts and Kyrie never has. The 70s was Frazier, Pistol Pete, Tiny(a 34 ppg attacker), Earl Monroe, Jojo White and a gang of scorers. I’m not even sure they had a non scoring exception.

The 80s into the early 90s had Stockton, Isiah, and Magic of course(ignoring that Magic was at times the second leading scorer in the backcourt after Jordan). The majority were aggressive getting their own.

All the 90s to early 2000s guys were attackers other than Kidd. Some had assist numbers(Kj, Marbury, and so on) but they weren’t playmakers the way people seem to mean when they pine for pure points. More playmakers like Westbrook is who might lead the league in assists and still not be called a point.

The most prominent of the 2000s pass first guys was Nash who will tell you now he was wrong to play that way and should have been a more much aggressive scorer.

You have Paul and Rondo the last 10 years but also Curry, Kyrie, Dame, Russ, Rose briefly, and Harden with Trae, Morant, and Luka leading the way going forward. I’m not sure what you call Lebron but he was at the 1 for several years and he’s always done it while scoring 25-30 a game.

The best points have always been aggressive scorers who would give the ball to the open man if the situation required it. The guys who come down looking to run someone to get their lesser teammates going have been exceptions not the rule and for the most part the legendary talents would have made their teams worse trying to be an exception.

that’s why I say it feels like people want to put a cap on how talented a true point can be. If you are blessed with the talent these guys have and work hard enough on your skill to do the things they can do choosing to play like rondo or Kidd is just being an idiot.

You don’t help your team having Kyrie/Steph skills and not keeping the other team on its heels all game worried about you. These monster talents playing like assist whores just makes them less effective. And if being less effective is a requirement of a label is the label even a good thing?

What sense does it make for a point guard to create worse offenses in the name of sharing the ball?

Does “pure” point just mean stupid once your skill is at a certain level?

Kblaze8855
01-11-2022, 11:46 AM
Except that it does. The people who shoot better from 3 don't take the kind of 3s, nor have the defensive attention that Steph does. Kyrie and Steph are both players that rely on skill to score around the rim because they're not dunking it. Absolutely terrible comparison. Steph is better than Kyrie under the rim, he's just not as flashy. Or should say was if he doesn't pick up his form.

So you acknowledge that the kind of shots taken should factor in but then….

You know what?

Let me make this simple to see if you are someone I need to talk to for real…..

Do I need anything but at the rim percentages to know who the best finishers are among non dunking guards?

Is this a question that can be answered by math alone? Just tell me that so I know what to do here.

FultzNationRISE
01-11-2022, 11:58 AM
The weird thing to me about people who insist guys like Kyrie or Curry or really the majority of the best point guards of all time arent points is that they are essentially capping a point guards talent….or brain. Anyone with the skills that people like that have who chooses not to use it to be an aggressive scorer will more often than not be making his team worse as a result. I’ve heard Steph comes down and looks for his shot and therefore isn’t a pure point. But….if he DIDNT…their legendary offense would be worse.

People are using stupidity as a requirement of purity and it’s hilarious.

The Kidd, Rondo, Nash, Mark Jackson, and Stockton types are when you think about it exceptions not the rule. There are like 2 a generation in the mix with 6 scoring points. And the scoring points are usually the ones winning.

The non scorer exception in the 60s was Lenny Wilkins. Oscar and Jerry were 30ppg guys and even Cousy led the league in shot attempts and Kyrie never has. The 70s was Frazier, Pistol Pete, Tiny(a 34 ppg attacker), Earl Monroe, Jojo White and a gang of scorers. I’m not even sure they had a non scoring exception.

The 80s into the early 90s had Stockton, Isiah, and Magic of course(ignoring that Magic was at times the second leading scorer in the backcourt after Jordan). The majority were aggressive getting their own.

All the 90s to early 2000s guys were attackers other than Kidd. Some had assist numbers(Kj, Marbury, and so on) but they weren’t playmakers the way people seem to mean when they pine for pure points. More playmakers like Westbrook is who might lead the league in assists and still not be called a point.

The most prominent of the 2000s pass first guys was Nash who will tell you now he was wrong to play that way and should have been a more much aggressive scorer.

You have Paul and Rondo the last 10 years but also Curry, Kyrie, Dame, Russ, Rose briefly, and Harden with Trae, Morant, and Luka leading the way going forward. I’m not sure what you call Lebron but he was at the 1 for several years and he’s always done it while scoring 25-30 a game.

The best points have always been aggressive scorers who would give the ball to the open man if the situation required it. The guys who come down looking to run someone to get their lesser teammates going have been exceptions not the rule and for the most part the legendary talents would have made their teams worse trying to be an exception.

that’s why I say it feels like people want to put a cap on how talented a true point can be. If you are blessed with the talent these guys have and work hard enough on your skill to do the things they can do choosing to play like rondo or Kidd is just being an idiot.

You don’t help your team having Kyrie/Steph skills and not keeping the other team on its heels all game worried about you. These monster talents playing like assist whores just makes them less effective. And if being less effective is a requirement of a label is the label even a good thing?

What sense does it make for a point guard to create worse offenses in the name of sharing the ball?

Does “pure” point just mean stupid once your skill is at a certain level?

It's a fallacy to suggest Kyrie balances the creating-vs-scoring dynamic the same way Magic or Lebron do.

Of course it's fine to score if that's what the team needs at a given moment. But if you're ALWAYS in "we're better when I get mine" mode, you probably arent a great point guard. That's all. Whether or not someone is a "real" point guard is I guess semantic and just depends on how the team lists them.

Kyrie is purely an iso scorer. He's not a guy who reads the game and adjustments his approach accordingly. That latter is ideally what most people want in a point guard. Someone who reads the game and can exploit the best chances, which is USUALLY to get the team involved. Someone who plays quarterback.

Would it be stupid for Michael Vick to strictly pass from the pocket and not lead the league in QB rushing when he was by far the most talented rusher at the position? I guess. Does that make rushing just as important as passing? Not to me.

Sure, Irving is a point guard if they list him as one and he carries the ball up the court. Does 25 ppg make him a good point guard? Not automatically.

BigKobeFan
01-11-2022, 12:02 PM
Bran only got 1 with the most skilled pg ever?

FultzNationRISE
01-11-2022, 12:07 PM
Bran only got 1 with the most skilled pg ever?

Well keep in mind Kywie had a wittle bitty boo boo in '15 and didnt play in the finals like a man. So "Bran" didnt get that many chances with him. They won in '16 and lost to a Dynasty + MVP squad in '17 (Lebron still killed it with the stats.) Not a terrible track record.

Tbh it was the only time the most skilled pg ever had any playoff success :(

Kblaze8855
01-11-2022, 12:11 PM
The quarterback comparison is fairly good actually. Both of them have one job….run the offense the coach implemented. By shooting or passing….by running or passing….get points on the scoreboard. A scoring point is no less a real point than a running QB(except scoring points win more than running qbs largely because of the violence difference). If that’s the offense….run it. The hate is mostly from fans who barely know what they’re watching anyway.

The fans I’ve seen complain about a guy taking shots that are the desired outcome of a set play called by the coach is amazing. Most fans…even here…have no idea what the offenses they watch are designed to do.

hold this L
01-11-2022, 12:12 PM
So you acknowledge that the kind of shots taken should factor in but then….

You know what?

Let me make this simple to see if you are someone I need to talk to for real…..

Do I need anything but at the rim percentages to know who the best finishers are among non dunking guards?

Is this a question that can be answered by math alone? Just tell me that so I know what to do here.
It's not just the %. Steph for all his wacky crazy shot making, makes an absurd amount of easy buckets at all 3 levels, including below the rim. Kyrie on the other hand, is the ultimate street basketball player. If he had a higher IQ, his shooting and scoring would get even better. Steph gets a crazy amount of easy buckets around the rim due to his timing and IQ. If he needs to make crazy difficult shots, he can do that as well. If you're looking for whose going to make more prettier shots around the rim, Kyrie is your guy. If you're looking to whose going to score more around the rim, it's going to be Steph. By a significant margin.

FultzNationRISE
01-11-2022, 12:23 PM
The quarterback comparison is fairly good actually. Both of them have one job….run the offense the coach implemented. By shooting or passing….by running or passing….get points on the scoreboard. A scoring point is no less a real point than a running QB(except scoring points win more than running qbs largely because of the violence difference). If that’s the offense….run it. The hate is mostly from fans who barely know what they’re watching anyway.

The fans I’ve seen complain about a guy taking shots that are the desired outcome of a set play called by the coach is amazing. Most fans…even here…have no idea what the offenses they watch are designed to do.

Well like I said, you can call anyone a “real” point if the team lists them there I suppose.

I guess the controversy comes from people typically associating pg duties with being the team’s primary decision maker. Is a team usually better off with the guy who brings the ball up being an undersized iso scorer? Not in my opinion. But if Iverson, Arenas, Irving, Westbrook are considered a team’s point guards, then yeah theyre technically point guards.

Theyre just not guys I would want playing the position. But still pg’s nonetheless.

Akeem34TheDream
01-11-2022, 12:39 PM
Kyrie takes more shots at the rim, his game is more dependent on finishing inside the paint. Curry is the best shooter of all time that can also drive. It makes it easier to drive. Defenders often give Curry free layups in fastbreaks to prevent him from shooting 3. Kyrie is a good 3 point shooter but not close to that level. You know, in team sports when you have one great quality it usually opens up other options but if we insist on answering 'who is the better finisher in traffic?' in a vacuum it is Kyrie.

John8204
01-11-2022, 12:47 PM
Different PG's have different skill sets... I always say John Stockton was the most skilled PG I ever saw. Stockton would play hard every minute, he could shoot, defend, and pass and his conditioning and durability was insane.

As for Kyrie...he needs rings I think himself, Harden, and Durant need to win multiple championships

Airupthere
01-11-2022, 12:48 PM
Could have built a dynasty with kyrie and love. But, didnt happen.

Vino24
01-11-2022, 01:11 PM
Kyrie has the skills, athleticism but lacks pass first mentality to play point guard so he's converted to a shooting guard. That's why he's at his best with a Harden or Lebron.

Curry has the skills, pass first mentality but lacks athleticism to play point guard so he's converted to a shooting guard. That's why he has so many playmakers on his team.

Westbrook is worst case scenerio. He lacks skills, pass first mentality but has the athleticism and therefore he can only play point guard position. That's why he does not do well with pure point guards like Lebron and Harden

Cp3 has everything except the finishing capability ( finishing a championship run) dude always shits the bed

JohnMax
01-11-2022, 01:11 PM
Kyrie has the skills, athleticism but lacks pass first mentality to play point guard so he's converted to a shooting guard. That's why he's at his best with a Harden or Lebron.

Curry has the skills, pass first mentality but lacks athleticism to play point guard so he's converted to a shooting guard. That's why he has so many playmakers on his team.

Westbrook is worst case scenerio. He has skills and athleticism to play point guard but lacks pass first mentality and can't be converted to shooting guard because he lacks shooting guard skills. That's why he does not do well with pure point guards like Lebron and Harden.

noonereal
01-11-2022, 01:31 PM
Fire Nash.

bizil
01-11-2022, 01:32 PM
Kyrie by the way is a GREAT SHOOTER!!! A member of the 50-40-90 club. Steph is the GOAT shooter for sure we all know that. But I see some posters are underrating Kyrie's shooting ability. Most of the top PG's in the league are ACTUALLY score first PG's. The position has made the transition to that as of now. Pass first PG's like CP3, Simmons, Lonzo, etc. are a dying breed.

And Kyrie has ALWAYS been the PG for his teams pretty much. The Nets with Harden there are the FIRST TEAM to say Kyrie is the SG. While Harden is the PG. While Harden BY NATURE is more of a score first player, he will switch up his scoring mindset. And adapt to the situation. With the Cavs, Bron was the point forward. NOT the PG,even though Bron can play PG flat out as well. There's a difference.

Reason why I feel Kyrie is the most skilled (not best) PG ever is based HEAVILY around his scoring skillset and handles. His passing was never world class. BUT the great floor generals like Nash,Zeke,CP3,Magic,Oscar, Kidd, etc. DON'T have Kyrie's handles and scoring skillset. And a HUGE KEY is Kyrie is ultra efficient doing the shit he does. 50-40-90 guy last season! FOR HIS CAREER he shoots 47-39-88!!

I've seen Nick Wright and Broussard on TV today totally dismissing Kyrie as the most skilled PG ever! Like it's a dumb thing to ponder. They questioned why he hasn't made more All NBA teams. ONCE AGAIN, we are talking most skilled PG EVER!!! Not the BEST PG EVER!!! I consider Magic the best PG ever because of the RESULTS he produces on the court. U don't HAVE TO BE the most skilled to gain the best results. David Robinson was MORE SKILLED than Shaq. BUT Shaq HANDS DOWN was the better player!!

noonereal
01-11-2022, 01:38 PM
Fire Nash.

John8204
01-11-2022, 01:52 PM
Cp3 has everything except the finishing capability ( finishing a championship run) dude always shits the bed

I got Paul in my all-time top five for the position and I'm sure if I would blame Paul for his teams never winning a ring. You could give Chris Paul the four worst starters in the league and he'll elevate that team to the playoffs. For me the Pauls, Butlers, and Stocktons aren't the guys that choked it's the Baylors, Ewings, and Harden's.

bizil
01-11-2022, 02:28 PM

Westbrook is worst case scenerio. He has skills and athleticism to play point guard but lacks pass first mentality and can't be converted to shooting guard because he lacks shooting guard skills. That's why he does not do well with pure point guards like Lebron and Harden.

???????????????????????????????????

tontoz
01-11-2022, 03:12 PM
Billups:

asked about it Nash said:

I’ve always said I can’t imagine a better combo of total court shooting, ball handling, and finishing. Nobody who shoots like him can finish like him. You could knock his passing compared to the best but most of the better passers don’t have his scoring skill set.

Nash may have had it all but he was just never gonna show it in his time. He’s mentioned before that he should have attacked and shot more like modern guards but he just wasn’t built that way at the time.

Kyrie is a reasonable pick no matter who you choose though. I just imagine some Steph fans take issue.

If you say his individual skills with the ball (ball handling/shotmaking) are the best ever then you can certainly can make that argument. When you bring in off ball skill or making other guys better then it's a different story.

Nash made the WCF with Boris Diaw at center. A big part of his game was making other guys better. Kyrie doesn't do that, at all.

Steph wreaks havoc on opposing defenses with his off ball movement. Kyrie doesn't do that either.

I was at the game the first time the Cavs played the Wizards in DC after Lebron returned. Watching Kyrie was actually painful. He was dribbling around doing his Harlem Globetrotter routine while everyone else stood around and watched. All....game....long.

Kyrie's highlights are certainly the best ever at the point.

Kblaze8855
01-11-2022, 03:34 PM
Highlight wise. Baron Davis goes the distance vs whoever.

https://youtu.be/mcvWx93Q9VE

And that doesn’t even cover his Warriors run when he was less athletic but made nastier passes.

tontoz
01-11-2022, 03:42 PM

And that doesn’t even cover his Warriors run when he was less athletic but made nastier passes.

Certainly he has better dunks than Kyrie. His handles and especially shooting aren't on Kyrie's level. Kyrie has some crazy finishes inside.

I always felt Baron was one of the all time underachievers. A guy with that much talent should make more than 2 All-Star games.

Airupthere
01-11-2022, 03:52 PM

I'd mention steve franchise on the same breath as these guys.

HylianNightmare
01-11-2022, 08:43 PM
Water is wet

k0kakw0rld
01-11-2022, 11:06 PM
They must have never seen Jason Williams aka White Chocolate.

They are both crazy.

Axe
01-12-2022, 12:38 AM
Kyrie has hit a big, unforgettable shot in the game. Curry, otoh, does it best in the rs. Usually against lottery teams in garbage time.

houston
01-12-2022, 01:09 AM
Kyrie just more shooter/dribble version of Tony Parker.

TheCorporation
01-12-2022, 02:14 AM
Well keep in mind Kywie had a wittle bitty boo boo in '15 and didnt play in the finals like a man. So "Bran" didnt get that many chances with him. They won in '16 and lost to a Dynasty + MVP squad in '17 (Lebron still killed it with the stats.) Not a terrible track record.

Tbh it was the only time the most skilled pg ever had any playoff success :(

Fultz-4-President

It's overrrr