PDA

View Full Version : “After that Jordan refused to look at him in the eye”

expansionera
01-12-2022, 10:10 AM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/eL_BqyS0T-udGWRIsVeSmOvqg7U=/0x0:3600x2398/920x613/filters:focal(1512x911:2088x1487):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/67688445/3130400.jpg.0.jpg

At the 1997 NBA All-Star Game, which celebrated the 50th anniversary of NBA, the league decided to honor all their best players throughout history as the halftime show featured a ceremony honoring the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History. A lot of well-known faces gathered in one place. It sparked a lot of conversations. But one particularly stood out.

Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan had never met before that weekend, and it opened the opportunity for debate between the two that many fans had before. Who would you instead take in their prime? Wilt or MJ?

Wilt and Michael were in the corner of a room going back and forth intensively on who the greatest player of all time is. And then David Stern walked into the room, rushing them to get out because of the ceremony. But it didn’t stop them as they continued to discuss. When Stern asked them the second time, they stood up.

But Wilt always had to have the last word, as he looked at Michael and said:

“Just remember Michael. When you played, they changed the rules to make it easier for you to dominate. When I played, they changed the rules to make it harder for me”

And with that their conversation was finished, and Jordan was silent.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-a80e8846e08b2fb207fd71bbe87970d8

Airupthere
01-12-2022, 10:28 AM
There is truth to what Wilt said. But lebron stans should have no say on it because Lebron is beneficiary to even easier circumstances.

TheCorporation
01-12-2022, 10:44 AM
There is truth to what Wilt said. But lebron stans should have no say on it because Lebron is beneficiary to even easier circumstances.

This thread is about MJ & Wilt but you just coukdn't help yourself. Be honest, is he your king?

Airupthere
01-12-2022, 10:45 AM
This thread is about MJ & Wilt but you just coukdn't help yourself. Be honest, is he your king?

I can read between the lines. OP is a bronstan such as yourself.

TheCorporation
01-12-2022, 10:48 AM

LeBRON! :mad:

expansionera
01-12-2022, 10:52 AM

Jordan fans deal in serious mental illness, you can not even discuss other great legends of the game without them finding a way to compare Jordan/LeBron

TheCorporation
01-12-2022, 10:53 AM
Jordan fans deal in serious mental illness, you can not even discuss other great legends of the game without them finding a way to compare Jordan/LeBron

+1

bullettooth
01-12-2022, 10:55 AM
In his third year he was averaging 37ppg... doesnt seem like they made it easier for him to score.

dankok8
01-12-2022, 11:02 AM
What Wilt said is true... However it's not the only factor in the GOAT debate.

HunterSThompson
01-12-2022, 11:03 AM
even kobe knew who the most dominant players ever were

https://youtu.be/PjFI2ZSS77Y

wilt has 30 games of 60 points

kobe has 6

jordan has 5

ever6
yone else has 1 or 0... maybe a few have 2? I dunno

expansionera
01-12-2022, 11:10 AM
In his third year he was averaging 37ppg... doesnt seem like they made it easier for him to score.

“It started with Michael Jordan. The referees used to tell the younger referees that if Jordan goes to the hole and if there’s a crowd there then just blow the whistle. That’s what the refs are programmed to do.” - Tim Donaghy

“A lesser player than Michael Jordan would’ve been suspended by David Stern”: Former Nike executive was skeptical that the Bulls legend’s gambling scandals would be his undoing

The reality is the Stern/Jordan era is the most embarrassing in NBA history. How could you not average 30+PPG with the league commissioner, referees, Nike and Hanes behind you?

Johnny32
01-12-2022, 11:11 AM

wrong. soft jump shooting stars getting calls on the perimeter doesn't help lebron at all. they don't call the paint like they do the perimeter. the rules today actually hurt him and help his opponents.

warriorfan
01-12-2022, 11:19 AM
Op’s dad refused to look at him in the eye after he found out he was gay.

expansionera
01-12-2022, 11:25 AM
Op’s dad refused to look at him in the eye after he found out he was gay.

Does it keep you up at night knowing Curry will never attain a FMVP and is completely irrelevant to 99.9% of basketball discussions without another MVP on his team?

TheCorporation
01-12-2022, 11:37 AM
Does it keep you up at night knowing Curry will never attain a FMVP and is completely irrelevant to 99.9% of basketball discussions without another MVP on his team?

Brutal slay :lol

hateraid
01-12-2022, 02:12 PM

Lol, of course. Jordan stans immediately do Lebron damage control when Jordan is brought up

hateraid
01-12-2022, 02:14 PM

Actually I keep him up at night. Lol
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500823-The-ultimate-keeper-for-a-wifey/page15

It was a long night for him. He's grumpy. Quick! Get the man some crack!

Spurs m8
01-12-2022, 02:37 PM
Like LeBarry, after he's had a passive aggressive meltdown at his team mates.

kawhileonard2
01-12-2022, 02:38 PM
Why couldn’t he beat Willis Reed?

warriorfan
01-12-2022, 02:41 PM
Like LeBarry, after he's had a passive aggressive meltdown at his team mates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emXNsKw7a3w

LeNoEyeContact

expansionera
01-12-2022, 05:01 PM
LeBron :mad:

This discussion has nothing to do with Lebron

Axe
01-12-2022, 06:00 PM
Baldone continuing to give op nightmares

Axe
01-12-2022, 06:01 PM
Only the most sensible post you have ever made.

theaussieguy
01-12-2022, 06:13 PM
This Wilt guy is Javale McGee playing against 6'6 white guys in a well undercooked league.

expansionera
01-12-2022, 07:02 PM
This Wilt guy is Javale McGee playing against 6'6 white guys in a well undercooked league.

Bill Russell, Nate Thurmond, Willis Reed, Kareem, Bob Petit, Elvin Hayes were 6’6 white guys? Inarguably Wilt faced far better centers than the shooting guards Jordan went up against

SATAN
01-12-2022, 07:06 PM
He knew...

https://i.huffpost.com/gen/1240406/original.jpg

TheCorporation
01-12-2022, 07:15 PM
He knew...

Felt LeKing's power and knew it was time to duck out in 2004

Gohan
01-12-2022, 07:18 PM
Kind of like lebron couldnt win a title til iverson retired. It happens

AirBonner
01-12-2022, 07:19 PM
He knew...

MJ with beta posture leking with dominant posture

getting_old
01-12-2022, 07:28 PM
Poor WIlt, had grand thoughts about everything except getting his act together and winning the clutch game at the time it was being played.

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-12-2022, 07:32 PM
Not even close. Jordan is the ultimate alpha. Wilt the choker has never even led his team in scoring to a championship

3ba11
01-12-2022, 07:42 PM
Be that as it may, Wilt averaged 22 ppg in the playoffs

So just like everyone else in history, Wilt had equal-scoring partners to attract equal defensive attention for various playoff runs or Finals - any period without facing maximum defensive attention is inflated stats compared to MJ, who always faced maximum defensive attention by carrying the scoring load in every SERIES, let alone playoff run.

AirBonner
01-12-2022, 07:45 PM
Thread Cliffs:: if there is no Pip then there is no chip

3ba11
01-12-2022, 07:51 PM

If there's no team-hopping for MULTIPLE pip's, no chip

And if there's no team-hopping for a "Jordan" to be the NBA's playoff scoring champ, then there isn't even a Playoffs out West

AirBonner
01-12-2022, 07:55 PM
If there's no team-hopping for MULTIPLE pip's, no chip

And if there's no team-hopping for a "Jordan" to be the NBA's playoff scoring champ, then there isn't even a Playoffs out West
MJ did worse. He retired until the bulls reloaded. Not only did he take a break he cherry-picked

3ba11
01-12-2022, 08:01 PM
MJ did worse. He retired until the bulls reloaded. Not only did he take a break he cherry-picked

Jordan waited 18 months - that's all it took for Pippen to destroy a 3-peat dynasty to 2nd Round and then borderline lottery in 95' - that's why MJ returned - to restore a borderline lottery team to 3-peat caliber

And similar to Kawhi in 2019, Jordan's 2nd three-peat with a totally new roster showed that knowledge of how to win (organic) is TRANSFERRABLE.. Jordan can win with any roster after learning how to win (organic) in 90/91'.

Spurs m8
01-12-2022, 08:04 PM
3ball with the daily facts and ethers

expansionera
01-12-2022, 08:04 PM
Not even close. Jordan is the ultimate alpha. Wilt the choker has never even led his team in scoring to a championship

Why didn’t he punch Wilt like he did 6’1 Steve Kerr when they had a heated disagreement?

Alpha but can’t look an adult man in the eye while shaking his hand :applause:

Bawkish
01-12-2022, 11:37 PM
MJ respected a lot of the old timers. He can't even rank himself above Jerry West because of the fact that he didn't played in their era or played with them.

Despite being called "a$$hole", he never bragged himself as better than the other ATGs. So him being this humble with Wilt is understandable and respectable

coastalmarker99
01-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Be that as it may, Wilt averaged 22 ppg in the playoffs

So just like everyone else in history, Wilt had equal-scoring partners to attract equal defensive attention for various playoff runs or Finals - any period without facing maximum defensive attention is inflated stats compared to MJ, who always faced maximum defensive attention by carrying the scoring load in every SERIES, let alone playoff run.

Wilt was a 33 ppg, 26 RPG, 10 BPG 51.0 player (in a league that shot about .43,0) in his first six playoffs.

Those were his "scoring seasons before he changed his playstyle after 1966 to become more of a all-round player

He had four post-seasons of 33.2 PPG

34.7 PPG

35.0 PPG

37.0 PPG

He had a post-season series of 38.6 ppg on .55.9 shooting.

He had four 30+ ppg post-season series against Russell including a 30 ppg, 31 rpg seven-game series in '65.

Even in his first nine seasons, he was averaging in the playoffs 29.3 ppg, 26.6 rpg, 4.8 APG, and shooting .51.8 (in leagues that shot about .43.5)

He also had four 50+ point games in the playoffs, including a 56-35 game five, in a best-of-five series.

and a 50-35 in a must-win game five against Russell in the '60 ECF's.

He also had a 46-34 game five in a must-win game in the '66 ECF's, and again, against Russell.

He had four 40-30 games just against Russell alone.

Find me one other player who scored 40 points, and with 30 rebounds in a post-season game...much less against the quality defender of Russell's calibre (and with the Celtics swarming Wilt.)

He had a 45 point, 20-27 shooting, 27 rebound game six in a "must-win" game in the 1970 Finals..

in a series in which he averaged 23.2 ppg, 24.1 rpg, and shot .62.5....and all while playing just four months after major knee surgery.

coastalmarker99
01-13-2022, 09:34 AM
Here is a quote that Wilt said in the 1990s.

I think I would be even more dominating in the 1990s than I was in the 1960s here's why.

First of all the rules favour the game today definitely favour a player like I was zone defences are now illegal it's called four or five times a game and that would strongly favour a Wilt Chamberlain type of basketball player.

They did consider a zone defence to be illegal when I was playing but they never enforced it before I got my hands on the basketball when I was on offence there would be two or three opposing players all around me.

When I played against the Celtics Bill Russell would be behind me, KC jones would drop down from the weak side and Heinshon would come over from the other side of the court all before i even got the ball.

Today that would be called as those guys could not triple-team me in that fashion by the way I think the no zone defence in the pro game is stupid I think pros should be allowed to play any defence they choose.

If all five guys want to stand in front of the basket to keep a guy from coming and dunking the basketball then they should be allowed to do that.

It's ridiculous when a player has to be told what part of the floor he can stand on,where he can go and when he can go there,

Without Zones I would be allowed to go head to head with other centers in my day there was no one player who could contain me in the pivot position.

Today there is definitely no center who could contain me one on one I once averaged fifty points a game for the season today.

I could probably average 60 points a game I'm not bragging I'm just telling you how I think I would do if I was being guarded by one guy alone whether that guy is Russell Kareem or Ewing.

expansionera
01-13-2022, 09:49 AM
Here is a quote that Wilt said in the 1990s.

I think I would be even more dominating in the 1990s than I was in the 1960s here's why.

First of all the rules favour the game today definitely favour a player like I was zone defences are now illegal it's called four or five times a game and that would strongly favour a Wilt Chamberlain type of basketball player.

They did consider a zone defence to be illegal when I was playing but they never enforced it before I got my hands on the basketball when I was on offence there would be two or three opposing players all around me.

When I played against the Celtics Bill Russell would be behind me, KC jones would drop down from the weak side and Heinshon would come over from the other side of the court all before i even got the ball.

Today that would be called as those guys could not triple-team me in that fashion by the way I think the no zone defence in the pro game is stupid I think pros should be allowed to play any defence they choose.

If all five guys want to stand in front of the basket to keep a guy from coming and dunking the basketball then they should be allowed to do that.

It's ridiculous when a player has to be told what part of the floor he can stand on,where he can go and when he can go there,

Without Zones I would be allowed to go head to head with other centers in my day there was no one player who could contain me in the pivot position.

Today there is definitely no center who could contain me one on one I once averaged fifty points a game for the season today.

I could probably average 60 points a game I'm not bragging I'm just telling you how I think I would do if I was being guarded by one guy alone whether that guy is Russell Kareem or Ewing.

Wilt is based, what a ****ing Chad

Ryoka Narusawa
01-13-2022, 07:57 PM

:roll:

3ba11
01-14-2022, 02:00 AM
Thread Cliffs:: if there is no team-hopping for multiple Pip's, then there is no chip

fixed

And Wilt is wrong because the rule changes didn't "favor Jordan" because they applied to all players, and MJ still dominated more in the playoffs than Wilt.

LeCola
01-14-2022, 02:24 AM
With that perspective:

Shaq is GOAT,
Kobe is top 5,
Lebron is out of top 20.

getting_old
01-14-2022, 07:18 PM
fixed

And Wilt is wrong because the rule changes didn't "favor Jordan" because they applied to all players, and MJ still dominated more in the playoffs than Wilt.

Wilt won titles when his team was 30+ points better than the opponent, he lost many playoffs series when his team was merely 25 points better...

jmcwilliams
01-14-2022, 07:39 PM
I would shut up too. Wilt goes in to shake your hand like he will kick your ass if you don't do it right. Ever seen the video of him shaking shaq's hand? He tried to rip his arm off.
Wilt liked to establish dominance when in a room. Essentially Wilt punked Jordan. No shame in that. Wilt was strong.

jmcwilliams
01-14-2022, 07:49 PM
even kobe knew who the most dominant players ever were

https://youtu.be/PjFI2ZSS77Y

wilt has 30 games of 60 points

kobe has 6

jordan has 5

ever6
yone else has 1 or 0... maybe a few have 2? I dunno

Wilt was a super athlete at a time when the league was full of part time players who were plumbers and carpenters in the off season. These were not the super athletes of later years that were the best of the best. Even a super athlete in college ball today can score 100 points. That is a good comparison to what Wilt was playing against. The NBA is only elite athletes today.
You see it in all sports. Send A UFC fighter of today back to UFC 1 and he will kick all of there asses all night long.
The idea that past era's were better is just stupid. Jordan played in an easier time minus the unnecessary roughness of his time.

expansionera
01-14-2022, 07:58 PM
I would shut up too. Wilt goes in to shake your hand like he will kick your ass if you don't do it right. Ever seen the video of him shaking shaq's hand? He tried to rip his arm off.
Wilt liked to establish dominance when in a room. Essentially Wilt punked Jordan. No shame in that. Wilt was strong.

I get Wilt is an intimidating guy, but why did Jordan look like a bitch avoiding eye contact when he shook hands with Lebron?

My issue is lack of consistency, don’t be timid with the Robert Parishes and Wilts of the world then be ready to fight lil Steve Kerr

eliteballer
01-14-2022, 08:03 PM
Lol, anyone who’s seen 2 minutes of actual footage of either playing knows Jordan is superior.

expansionera
01-14-2022, 08:29 PM
Lol, anyone who’s seen 2 minutes of actual footage of either playing knows Jordan is superior.

Wilt is the superior scorer, defender, rebounder, passer and clearly a more dominate player who owns several hundred NBA records despite retiring several decades ago.

Jordan is “superior” at flailing his arms up and getting the whistle while his teammate does all of the facilitating and defending, without marketing he’s a regular guy. Wilt would dominate in any era, Jordan wouldn’t be ground-bound in the 60s.

But why take my word for it? Ask the man himself, Jordan would be a bench player in Wilt’s tough era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCCrpLZfpH4

Jasper
01-14-2022, 09:29 PM
I am sure Wilt said that to Russell as well... .

lmao Wilt one ring man

expansionera
01-14-2022, 11:02 PM
I am sure Wilt said that to Russell as well... .

lmao Wilt one ring man

Wilt won two rings, in a league wherein a rival team won 11 titles started 5 Hall of Famers and had two more come off the bench. He starred on the sole team to beat that organization aside from the Hawks after Russell went down. Context matyers

By comparison the teams Jordan beat contained no more than 1-2 HoFers, the Lakers James Worthy was injured and Chuck being a solo HoF superstar on the Suns. The reason these title teams were so weak in Jordan’s era was due to the league being diluted by expansion

Wilt faced tougher competition

kawhileonard2
01-14-2022, 11:05 PM
Wilt won two rings, in a league wherein a rival team won 11 titles started 5 Hall of Famers and had two more come off the bench. He starred on the sole team to beat that organization aside from the Hawks after Russell went down. Context matyers

By comparison the teams Jordan beat contained no more than 1-2 HoFers, the Lakers James Worthy was injured and Chuck being a solo HoF superstar on the Suns. The reason these title teams were so weak in Jordan’s era was due to the league being diluted by expansion

Wilt faced tougher competition

Wilt lost with HCA to a team below .500. Just like Lebron lost to a career loser in Dwight Howard with HCA http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459570 and won bronze medal to Carlos Arroyo (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?494830-Difference-between-Lebron-and-Tmac)

Airupthere
01-14-2022, 11:53 PM
Wilt lost with HCA to a team below .500. Just like Lebron lost to a career loser in Dwight Howard with HCA http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459570 and won bronze medal to Carlos Arroyo (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?494830-Difference-between-Lebron-and-Tmac)

:lebronamazed:

Spurs m8
01-15-2022, 12:10 AM
Wilt sounds pretty insecure tbh

coastalmarker99
01-15-2022, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=expansionera;14518845]Wilt is the superior scorer, defender, rebounder, passer and clearly a more dominate player who owns several hundred NBA records despite retiring several decades ago.

Jordan is “superior” at flailing his arms up and getting the whistle while his teammate does all of the facilitating and defending, without marketing he’s a regular guy. Wilt would dominate in any era, Jordan wouldn’t be ground-bound in the 60s.

But why take my word for it? Ask the man himself, Jordan would be a bench player in Wilt’s tough era.

Wilt utterly owned Magic at the UCLA gym when he was in his 40's according to coach Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0Q3KcKA_E

At age 36 after suffering a career-threatening knee injury he was still able to block the Skyhook of a prime Kareem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHP04TWOps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un7DaNr3Zq4

Wilt might be the only player ever who proved capable of being the best...at everything.

Outside shooting aside I mean.

But he could be called the best scorer, defender, playmaker, or rebounder depending on how he felt.

He had games with 100 points...games with over 20 assists....55 rebounds and 26 blocks.

Wilt was like a 7 foot 1 LeBron he was a once in a lifetime athlete and player.

coastalmarker99
01-15-2022, 02:04 AM
Wilt is the superior scorer, defender, rebounder, passer and clearly a more dominate player who owns several hundred NBA records despite retiring several decades ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCCrpLZfpH4

Wilt played the second half of his career without having a 30+ ppg season and still finished with a 30.1 ppg average -- that tells you just how dominant he was as a scorer earlier in his career.

Wilt's role changed after his seventh season -- earlier in his career, he was told to score; during the second half of his career (when he had more talented teams), he was asked to shoot more selectively, pass more, and focus more on defence (basically, the Bill Russell role).

If Wilt had extended his scoring dominance a few more seasons, or he was consciously concerned with someone catching his scoring totals, he would have put it so far out of reach that Kareem would have never caught him, and Jordan would not have the highest scoring average.

They only caught Wilt because Wilt took his foot off the gas.

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-15-2022, 02:16 AM
[QUOTE=expansionera;14518845] blah blah blah wilt put up a bunch of westbrook stats but only has 2 rings in an era with 10 teams blah blah blah wilt is a piece of shit who has never led his team to a title as the leading scorer of the team blah blah blah

I haven't seen you around in a while marker, welcome back.

coastalmarker99
01-15-2022, 04:34 AM
Wilt's playoff career proves how bad people are at understanding (and taking into account) weighted averages:

-Prime (60's) Wilt plays in the regular season, including 10-12% of his games vs the GOAT defender. Produces an X amount of stats.

-Wilt, in the same period, plays in the playoffs, including like 50% of his games vs the GOAT defender. Produces a less than this X amount of stats.

How dense are people who can't realize or consider that this 50% vs 12% makes all the difference in the world to his stats?

MJ's scoring and FG% efficiency dropped overall in his four straight playoff series against the "Bad Boys" from '88 thru '91.

In fact, if you exclude their '91 series H2H, when the Pistons were obviously at the end of the road...here were his numbers in the regular season, and then playoff series against Detroit:

'88 regular season: 35.0 ppg on a .53.5 FG%.

'88 series against Detroit: 27.4 ppg on a .49.1 FG%

'89 regular season: 32.5 ppg on a .53.8 FG%.

'89 series against Detroit: 29.7 ppg on a .46.0 FG%.

'90 regular season: 33.6 ppg on a .52.6 FG%

'90 series against Detroit: 32.1 ppg on a .46.7 FG%.

Jordan's numbers dropped across the board due to facing an elite defensive team.

The reality was Chamberlain faced the Celtic Dynasty (and arguably the greatest defensive player of all time) in eight playoff series from '60 thru '69. Furthermore, in seven of them, he either battled them in the first, or second round so he couldn't pad his stats against weaker teams.

In his 98 playoff games from '60 thru '69 (before he shredded his knee), he went up against Boston in 49 of them...or exactly half of his playoff games Oh, and he also faced Thurmond in 12 more in that same span.

So, a prime Wilt played in 61 of his 98 post-season games against two of the greatest defensive centers of all-time.

A fun fact is that Chamberlain only played two years in the Western Conference from '60 thru '68.

And in one of those seasons, his roster was so putrid, they didn't even make the playoffs.

So, in his first nine seasons, he faced a Western Conference opponent in ONE series.

How did he do in that series?

In a seven-game series, Wilt put up a 38.6 ppg, 23.0 rpg, .55.9 series, which included games of 46 and 50 points.

Had Wilt played his entire playoff career in the western conference he would have gone up against teams such as the Lakers who he utterly owned.

This means he would own at least some, (if not a vast majority) playoff scoring records (and perhaps FG% records, as well, since Russell shot .70.2 against LA in 1965.)

Now, can you imagine MJ's post-season averages, had he been unlucky enough to face the 'Bad Boys in 60% of them?

Same with Shaq's post-season numbers if he had to have battled the Duncan-Robinson combo in 60% of them.

And again, what would Kareem's post-season career numbers had been, had he been forced to face Thurmond-Wilt in 60% of his games?

expansionera
01-26-2022, 07:39 AM
Wilt's playoff career proves how bad people are at understanding (and taking into account) weighted averages:

-Prime (60's) Wilt plays in the regular season, including 10-12% of his games vs the GOAT defender. Produces an X amount of stats.

-Wilt, in the same period, plays in the playoffs, including like 50% of his games vs the GOAT defender. Produces a less than this X amount of stats.

How dense are people who can't realize or consider that this 50% vs 12% makes all the difference in the world to his stats?

MJ's scoring and FG% efficiency dropped overall in his four straight playoff series against the "Bad Boys" from '88 thru '91.

In fact, if you exclude their '91 series H2H, when the Pistons were obviously at the end of the road...here were his numbers in the regular season, and then playoff series against Detroit:

'88 regular season: 35.0 ppg on a .53.5 FG%.

'88 series against Detroit: 27.4 ppg on a .49.1 FG%

'89 regular season: 32.5 ppg on a .53.8 FG%.

'89 series against Detroit: 29.7 ppg on a .46.0 FG%.

'90 regular season: 33.6 ppg on a .52.6 FG%

'90 series against Detroit: 32.1 ppg on a .46.7 FG%.

Jordan's numbers dropped across the board due to facing an elite defensive team.

The reality was Chamberlain faced the Celtic Dynasty (and arguably the greatest defensive player of all time) in eight playoff series from '60 thru '69. Furthermore, in seven of them, he either battled them in the first, or second round so he couldn't pad his stats against weaker teams.

In his 98 playoff games from '60 thru '69 (before he shredded his knee), he went up against Boston in 49 of them...or exactly half of his playoff games Oh, and he also faced Thurmond in 12 more in that same span.

So, a prime Wilt played in 61 of his 98 post-season games against two of the greatest defensive centers of all-time.

A fun fact is that Chamberlain only played two years in the Western Conference from '60 thru '68.

And in one of those seasons, his roster was so putrid, they didn't even make the playoffs.

So, in his first nine seasons, he faced a Western Conference opponent in ONE series.

How did he do in that series?

In a seven-game series, Wilt put up a 38.6 ppg, 23.0 rpg, .55.9 series, which included games of 46 and 50 points.

Had Wilt played his entire playoff career in the western conference he would have gone up against teams such as the Lakers who he utterly owned.

This means he would own at least some, (if not a vast majority) playoff scoring records (and perhaps FG% records, as well, since Russell shot .70.2 against LA in 1965.)

Now, can you imagine MJ's post-season averages, had he been unlucky enough to face the 'Bad Boys in 60% of them?

Same with Shaq's post-season numbers if he had to have battled the Duncan-Robinson combo in 60% of them.

And again, what would Kareem's post-season career numbers had been, had he been forced to face Thurmond-Wilt in 60% of his games?

After this Jordan’s fans were silent, and the conversation was finished :lol

Spurs m8
01-26-2022, 07:42 AM
After this Jordan’s fans were silent, and the conversation was finished :lol

No one cares about insecure Wilt.

You're the little b1tch that Jordan triggers every day...Nice bump :roll:

Jordan fans have nothing to prove.

Undisputed.

And it kills you and dominates your life.

expansionera
01-26-2022, 07:56 AM
No one cares about insecure Wilt.

You're the little b1tch that Jordan triggers every day...Nice bump :roll:

Jordan fans have nothing to prove.

Undisputed.

And it kills you and dominates your life.

Not even five mins later and Jordan’s fans come to defend him while claiming Wilt is the “insecure” one, so insecure he commissioned a documentary on his career to portray himself favorably?

hateraid
01-26-2022, 10:40 AM
Not even five mins later and Jordan’s fans come to defend him while claiming Wilt is the “insecure” one, so insecure he commissioned a documentary on his career to portray himself favorably?

Funny because he claims not to be a Jordan fan yet defends him every thread lol

Gohan
01-26-2022, 10:47 AM

I could care less about jordan but wilt is kind of like klay thompson, thinking they were much better than they really were. Although wilt does have a point to that though

warriorfan
01-26-2022, 10:47 AM
Jordan didn’t let his teammates **** his mom

FKAri
01-26-2022, 02:53 PM

Correct. He took in the ass directly. MJ would never defer.

Hey Yo
01-26-2022, 03:41 PM

:oldlol:

Hey Yo
01-26-2022, 03:44 PM

Curry's mom hanging all over his ex collegiate teammate in the stands during the Finals for the world to see. He definitely tapped that ass.

RogueBorg
01-26-2022, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=expansionera;14518845]Wilt is the superior scorer, defender, rebounder, passer and clearly a more dominate player who owns several hundred NBA records despite retiring several decades ago.

Wilt utterly owned Magic at the UCLA gym when he was in his 40's according to coach Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0Q3KcKA_E

At age 36 after suffering a career-threatening knee injury he was still able to block the Skyhook of a prime Kareem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwHP04TWOps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un7DaNr3Zq4

Wilt might be the only player ever who proved capable of being the best...at everything.

Outside shooting aside I mean.

But he could be called the best scorer, defender, playmaker, or rebounder depending on how he felt.

He had games with 100 points...games with over 20 assists....55 rebounds and 26 blocks.

Wilt was like a 7 foot 1 LeBron he was a once in a lifetime athlete and player.

This is one dumb-ass post. Wilt was not the best defender (Russell), playmaker (Robertson), or outside shooter. They also didn't keep track of blocks back then genius :banghead:

RogueBorg
01-26-2022, 04:47 PM
Bill Russell did to Chamberlain what Jason Terry did to Lebron.

SpaceJam
01-26-2022, 08:55 PM
Jordan's been known to back down to guys who aren't easy targets in the league, such as white (Kerr/Buechler/Perdue) or teenagers (Kwame Brown)

On the topic of Jordan telling flight attendants not to feed Grant after bad games, Grant says he didn’t take Jordan’s abuse laying down.

“I went right back at him. I said some choice words that I won't repeat here,” Grant said. “But I said some choice words and stood up. ‘If you want it, you come and get it.’ And of course, he didn't move. He was just barking. But that was the story.”

In one of his first practices with the Bulls, Parish botched one of the plays and was amused to find Jordan jawing at him just inches from his face.

“I told him, ‘I’m not as enamored with you as these other guys. I’ve got some rings too,’” Parish recalled. “At that point he told me, ‘I’m going to kick your ass.’ I took one step closer and said, ‘No, you really aren’t.’ After that he didn't bother me.

highwhey
01-26-2022, 08:57 PM

:roll::roll:

3ba11
01-26-2022, 09:03 PM
Jordan beat up Will Perdue, fought Laimbeer, and was about to beat the shit out of X-man in Game 7 of the 92' ECSF - today's players don't have it like that

expansionera
02-20-2022, 06:18 PM
Jordan beat up Will Perdue, fought Laimbeer, and was about to beat the shit out of X-man in Game 7 of the 92' ECSF - today's players don't have it like that

Didn’t fight Wilt or Robert Parish over simple disagreements but put hands on Steve Kerr? :coleman:

3ba11
02-20-2022, 08:22 PM
Didn’t fight Wilt or Robert Parish over simple disagreements but put hands on Steve Kerr? :coleman:

Show me where Lebron challenged the scariest player in the league or vanquished multiple bigs and then talked shit:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-07-2019/4EMYLq.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-07-2019/508ldf.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-07-2019/UN1Amm.gif

Lebron has nothing legendary like that because he prefers to sing cumbaya with opponents

expansionera
02-21-2022, 11:07 AM
Show me where Lebron challenged the scariest player in the league or vanquished multiple bigs and then talked shit:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-07-2019/4EMYLq.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-07-2019/508ldf.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-07-2019/UN1Amm.gif

Lebron has nothing legendary like that because he prefers to sing cumbaya with opponents

All I see is two ninjas standing there talking, I do recall Jordan physically striking a 6’ 160lb white teammate though. Why can he fight white small guys but has restraint with anyone his size?

GimmeThat
02-21-2022, 11:21 AM
So Wilt wanted Michael to know Wilt fought and stood for nothing