PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the NBA will mark LeBron breaking Kareem's scoring record?

TheGoatest
01-13-2022, 04:58 AM
Looking at all the hype about Curry breaking the 3 point record recently and the hype surrounding it, how there was a countdown a long time ahead etc., what do you think will be done to commemorate LeBron's infinitely more important than Curry's record when the time comes? I think they should have him make an entrance along these lines in the game where he is missing less than his ppg average to break the record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBeyjIOpN8

Spurs m8
01-13-2022, 05:05 AM
There's already a thread about this, loser.

People will say congratulations....Still doesn't put him in the GOAT discussion.

Now go get a life

TheGoatest
01-13-2022, 05:11 AM
There's already a thread about this, loser.

People will say congratulations....Still doesn't put him in the GOAT discussion.

Now go get a life

There's already one thread about haters melting down about LeBron. It was made circa 2003. Still didn't prevent you for making plenty more on a daily basis for the following 19 years, did it?

Spurs m8
01-13-2022, 05:29 AM
There's already one thread about haters melting down about LeBron. It was made circa 2003. Still didn't prevent you for making plenty more on a daily basis for the following 19 years, did it?

I rarely start threads, dipshit.

You are tragic...you crave attention but have no life or substance to you...so you sit here all day, under 20 alts, talking the same old boring shit...flooding the forum with crap.
Then cry when we override or call out your lies and gaslighting.

Seek.help

aj1987
01-13-2022, 06:00 AM

You are tragic...you crave attention but have no life or substance to you...so you sit here all day, under 20 alts, talking the same old boring shit...flooding the forum with crap.

Seek.help

You're the incel who keeps crying about LeBron stans, yet, you dedicated your miserable and pathetic life to hating on a dude who's worth hundreds of millions of dollars and playing a sport for a living. Keep living that good life, virgin m8. :cheers:

TheGoatest
01-13-2022, 06:31 AM

Seek.help

The substance of your existence revolves around hating on another human being. Every post you made is either directly or indirectly about that. What a pathetic existence. :oldlol:

nayte
01-13-2022, 07:02 AM
If there is no tacos I will be disappointed

ImKobe
01-13-2022, 07:18 AM
I just don't think people will care enough. It's a nice longevity record to have and it might be a topic for a few days but that's it. Kareem's had the record for so long and no one's really put him ahead of MJ so it doesn't add much at the end of the day.

TheGoatest
01-13-2022, 07:30 AM
I just don't think people will care enough. It's a nice longevity record to have and it might be a topic for a few days but that's it. Kareem's had the record for so long and no one's really put him ahead of MJ so it doesn't add much at the end of the day.

:oldlol:

It will be a topic until someone breaks it again, i.e. probably until the end of time.
And many people had Kareem ahead of Jordan, this record being the main argument. Kareem is a record 6 time MVP, yet he is more remembered for his all-time scoring record.

ImKobe
01-13-2022, 07:34 AM
:oldlol:

It will be a topic until someone breaks it again, i.e. probably until the end of time.
And many people had Kareem ahead of Jordan, this record being the main argument. Kareem is a record 6 time MVP, yet he is more remembered for his all-time scoring record.

Not really, MJ vs. Kareem was an argument because Kareem has 6 titles & 6 MVPs. Lebron does not stack up at 4 titles, sorry.

TheCorporation
01-13-2022, 07:41 AM

Seek.help

OP got Kangaroo m8 hoppin! :lol

TheGoatest
01-13-2022, 07:42 AM
Not really, MJ vs. Kareem was an argument because Kareem has 6 titles & 6 MVPs. Lebron does not stack up at 4 titles, sorry.

Yes, really.
If MJ vs Kareem was an argument because Kareem has 6 titles and 6 MVPs, then Bill Russell (11 titles and 4 MVPs) vs Jordan wouldn't be any kind of argument whatsoever, but a laughing emoticon whenever someone claimed Jordan was greater than Russell. :oldlol:
You're just mad because you know this record is a huge deal and has always been so. The last holder of the record prior to Kareem learned that the hard way, which left him salty for life. Back when Kareem took the record from Wilt, Wilt said that if he knew how big of a deal the record was going to be he claimed that he would've made the record impossible to break for anyone. Then Kareem proceeded to score 7K more career points than Wilt.

iamgine
01-13-2022, 08:18 AM
I wonder if Kareem will attend and give him hugs and sh!t like Reggie & Ray to Curry.

coastalmarker99
01-13-2022, 08:23 AM
Yes, really.
If MJ vs Kareem was an argument because Kareem has 6 titles and 6 MVPs, then Bill Russell (11 titles and 4 MVPs) vs Jordan wouldn't be any kind of argument whatsoever, but a laughing emoticon whenever someone claimed Jordan was greater than Russell. :oldlol:
You're just mad because you know this record is a huge deal and has always been so. The last holder of the record prior to Kareem learned that the hard way, which left him salty for life. Back when Kareem took the record from Wilt, Wilt said that if he knew how big of a deal the record was going to be he claimed that he would've made the record impossible to break for anyone. Then Kareem proceeded to score 7K more career points than Wilt.

From the 66-67 season thru his 68-69 season after he changed his game to become more of a all-around player Wilt had games of 52, 53, 53, 58, 60, 66, and 68 points.

Oh, and when his new coach in the 69-70 season asked Wilt to become the focal point of the offence once again... he was leading the league in scoring at 32.2 ppg (on a .57.9 FG%) when he shredded his knee.

Hell, in the game he blew out his knee, he had scored 33 points in only 28 minutes, and on 13-14 shooting. He was on his way to another 40+, maybe even 50+ point game.

BTW, Kareem would go on to average 28.8 ppg, 14.5 rpg, and shoot .51.8 that rookie season.

Again, before Chamberlain shredded his knee, he was at 32.2 ppg, 20.6 rpg, and on a .57,9 FG%.

Furthermore, a peak Kareem would put up a season of 34.8 ppg, 16.6 rpg, and on a .57.4 FG%.

Here was a 33-year-old Chamberlain, and certainly not at his peak, on pace for a season that would essentially match Kareem's best season.

Wilt himself said sometime after he retired, that had he wanted to, he could have set the career scoring mark so high, that no one would have ever approached it.

And who could argue that point? He averaged 40 ppg in his first seven seasons combined.

nayte
01-13-2022, 08:24 AM
I wonder if Kareem will attend and give him hugs and sh!t like Reggie & Ray to Curry.

Maybe if LeBron shows his vaccination card.lol