PDA

View Full Version : Is dray the most important player on the warriors?

Bronbron23
01-14-2022, 01:53 PM
Steph is the best player on the team obviously but dray might be the most important. We saw dray and klay have success in the playoffs without steph but i don't think steph and klay even make the playoffs with draymond.

AirBonner
01-14-2022, 01:56 PM
Dray is the warriors Gobert ;)

FultzNationRISE
01-14-2022, 02:08 PM
I mean it depends. Curry is in a slump currently but in fairness to him he’s usually mean af in the regular season. Even detractors like myself cant deny he is an elite, all time great player in the regular season.

So in essence it depends on how much you value things like the regular season and winning nickelodeon kids choice awards.

Spurs m8
01-14-2022, 02:23 PM
They all need each other

Dray is nothing without Steph or Klay either

AirBonner
01-14-2022, 02:35 PM
They all need each other

All basketball teams have 5 players on the court at a time.

TheCorporation
01-14-2022, 02:46 PM
Draymond is to Curry what Pippen is to Jordan?

warriorfan
01-14-2022, 02:51 PM
By this logic kyrie irving was the most important player on the Cavs

TheCorporation
01-14-2022, 02:52 PM
By this logic kyrie irving was the most important player on the Cavs

Yeah, no.

Try again GED boi

FireDavidKahn
01-14-2022, 02:55 PM
Yes he is.

warriorfan
Yeah, no.

Try again GED boi

On what years was he with the Cavs you idiot ch1nk?

TheCorporation
On what years was he with the Cavs you idiot ch1nk?

On what years did I saw he was with the Cavs? :roll:

Exactly. GED boi :lol

highwhey
01-14-2022, 02:56 PM
I mean it depends. Curry is in a slump currently but in fairness to him he’s usually mean af in the regular season. Even detractors like myself cant deny he is an elite, all time great player in the regular season.

So in essence it depends on how much you value things like the regular season and winning nickelodeon kids choice awards.
+1

warriorfan
01-14-2022, 02:57 PM
On what years did I saw he was with the Cavs? :roll:

Exactly. GED boi :lol

Most important player on the Cavs.

You list years not with the Cavaliers

Nice one Ching Chong

TheCorporation
01-14-2022, 02:58 PM
Most important player on the Cavs.

You list years not with the Cavaliers

Nice one Ching Chong

So one guy is proven.

And one guy is not: Kyrie

And we're giving credit to the unproven guy?

Try again GED boi :lol

warriorfan
01-14-2022, 03:01 PM
So one guy is proven.

And one guy is not: Kyrie

And we're giving credit to the unproven guy?

Try again GED boi :lol

Most important player on the Cavs

Without Kyrie….they lost

With Kyrie….they won

Kyrie was the key to success to that team with that logic

And if you want to switch gears to “unproven”

Well you can automatically knock off 2012 and 2013 then since Wade had already had a bigger carry job to a chip than LeBron could ever dream of in 2006

That leaves LeBron with 2020, a team where he wasn’t even the best producer, in a bubble, vs butler and herro?

Nice resume bro, totally goat

You played yourself, you don’t know shit about basketball and you aren’t even good at trolling. Kill yourself.

Hey Yo
01-14-2022, 03:23 PM
No Dray or Klay at Chicago tonight.

Could get ugly for Captain Nickelodeon.

FireDavidKahn
01-14-2022, 03:30 PM
Captain Nickelodeon?

:roll:

Bronbron23
01-14-2022, 05:09 PM
They all need each other

This is true

Spurs m8
01-14-2022, 05:16 PM
This is true

It's not even a bad thing...seeing as it's a team game and all.

I'd always take team accolades over individual stuff

Who cares if you get stats, if you aren't winning..

Hey Yo
01-14-2022, 05:24 PM
This is true
Without those 2, Dray can still run the offense and still be an elite defender.

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-14-2022, 05:25 PM
Yeah they didn't become elite until Kerr made Draymond a starter. Draymond is like having an elite playmaking point guard and an elite defensive center all wrapped into one guy. On top of that, he's one of the best leaders and his defensive playoff impact holds up more then a guy like gobert.

Klay is one of the hardest players to evaluate. He's a top 10 shooter ever and 20 PPG scorer but his advanced stats always kind of suck. I would say he's more like a James worthy, benefits from greater players around him.

FKAri
01-14-2022, 05:26 PM

We've seen how awful Dray looks without Steph when he's tasked to do more on offense. Steph on the other hand always looks good whether he has to be the hero or be part of an ensemble. Though Dray's presence certainly ups Steph's game. Just as Klay's presence ups BOTH of their games. It's great synergy.

In terms of importance to team success the gap between them narrows but I still think Steph is more important.

TheCorporation
01-14-2022, 05:30 PM
Most important player on the Cavs

Without Kyrie….they lost

With Kyrie….they won

Kyrie was the key to success to that team with that logic

And if you want to switch gears to “unproven”

Well you can automatically knock off 2012 and 2013 then since Wade had already had a bigger carry job to a chip than LeBron could ever dream of in 2006

That leaves LeBron with 2020, a team where he wasn’t even the best producer, in a bubble, vs butler and herro?

Nice resume bro, totally goat

You played yourself, you don’t know shit about basketball and you aren’t even good at trolling. Kill yourself.

And this right here is what we call a "meltdown." :lol

Bronbron23
01-14-2022, 06:26 PM

Yeah forsure. Never said it was a bad thing. It's no knock on steph. He still great. He'll go down as a top 15 all time. It just highlights how important dray is for them to win and be dominant.

Spurs m8
01-14-2022, 06:35 PM
Yeah forsure. Never said it was a bad thing. It's no knock on steph. He still great. He'll go down as a top 15 all time. It just highlights how important dray is for them to win and be dominant.

Cheers, my man :cheers:

I think the funniest part is, if Bron chose the team over his own stats, he'd actually have a better legacy.
He's his own worst enemy

Akeem34TheDream
01-14-2022, 06:43 PM
Which trio in history has better chemistry than Dray-Klay-Curry? Parker-Manu-Duncan? I don't think so. Rodman-Pipen-MJ could be the answer. Not one of the Lebron's teams for sure.

Axe
01-26-2022, 06:50 AM
I still remember that day way back in the 2016 finals when draymond 'donkey' green dropped 32 points in game 7 of that battle. He accounted for more than 1/3 of the warriors' 89 points in that gruelling loss against the mighty king kong's cavaliers, an affair that they only trailed by 4 points. Otoh, his nick star teammate scored 47 points against the raptors in game 3 of the 2019 finals yet they lost that game by 14 points. 'Bu-but kd and klay did not play!' :cry:

Micku
01-26-2022, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't say so.

Curry still is. If you take Curry out and just keep Dray, I think they would be down to the 5-7 seed. We seen the GSW with just Dray, and it isn't pretty. With Curry, he provides so much offense because of his gravity. Even with this shooting slump or regression or whatever this is that he has, he still has that gravity which opens the door to his teammates. And the off the ball movement.

But Dray is extremely important tho. The play making and the defense he provides as well as the leadership. Dray evaluates Curry's game and vice versa. GSW is like the modern day Spurs in how they play basketball tho. Especially in the motion offense. It's a collective effort.

hold this L
01-26-2022, 07:35 AM
Does this retard realize that they literally finished dead last 2 seasons when the Splash brothers were out?

hold this L
01-26-2022, 07:35 AM
Which trio in history has better chemistry than Dray-Klay-Curry? Parker-Manu-Duncan? I don't think so. Rodman-Pipen-MJ could be the answer. Not one of the Lebron's teams for sure.
It's close between them all. IMO Steph and Dray definitely have the best duo ever in terms of chemistry.

hold this L
01-26-2022, 07:36 AM
Without those 2, Dray can still run the offense and still be an elite defender.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced/?sort=OFF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Running the offense.

Micku
01-26-2022, 07:46 AM
It's close between them all. IMO Steph and Dray definitely have the best duo ever in terms of chemistry.

You really think so?

I thought it would be KD/Curry just in how they play together. But KD would sometimes make the offense go stagnant due to his one on one game.

And Stockton and Malone had amazing chemistry.

MJ and Pip.

But I would in terms of trio, you gott'a toss in Magic/Worthy/Kareem

You could say Bird/Mchale/Parish too, but I thought 80s Lakers trio fit better in terms of style, but the Celts were great too.

And I really thought Ray/Pierce/KG really fit well together. Like a glove. Shame that they never played together in their absolute peak.

Micku
01-26-2022, 07:55 AM
Does this retard realize that they literally finished dead last 2 seasons when the Splash brothers were out?

Hahaha, yeah. I thought this was already done with. Although Dray wasn't as motivated on the defensive end that year Curry was out. But you can see how valuable Curry is. But Dray does impact the game a lot. But it starts with Curry.

This year tho, they have a good team. But with Curry out, their offense goes down to the shit still. When he is on the court, their offense is 115.2 ORtg. Their offense is one of the best in the league, even when he is shooting like shit. When he is off, it's 103.7. It's pretty bad. It's Orlando Magic lvl. But their defense is where it's at. Even with Dray out, their defense is still intact. But it's better when he is out there.

Plus Dray makes their offense more efficient with his vocal leadership and passing game. But it's no where near as important as when Curry is there.

hold this L
01-26-2022, 08:13 AM
You really think so?

I thought it would be KD/Curry just in how they play together. But KD would sometimes make the offense go stagnant due to his one on one game.

And Stockton and Malone had amazing chemistry.

MJ and Pip.

But I would in terms of trio, you gott'a toss in Magic/Worthy/Kareem

You could say Bird/Mchale/Parish too, but I thought 80s Lakers trio fit better in terms of style, but the Celts were great too.

And I really thought Ray/Pierce/KG really fit well together. Like a glove. Shame that they never played together in their absolute peak.

To me that's the most dominant duo because of how good they were. I meant pure chemistry as in these two guys know where x will be, when they move, etc etc. I've always jokes Steph has more chemistry with Dray than he does with his wife. :lol

KD and Steph, you don't know need to overwork. Do a P&R with them and you will have a 16-1 team in the playoffs as what happened in 2017 when Kerr missed game time. His replacement kept it simple with those two by spamming the P&R and it vaporized every single team on its way to the chip.

hold this L
01-26-2022, 08:29 AM
Hahaha, yeah. I thought this was already done with. Although Dray wasn't as motivated on the defensive end that year Curry was out. But you can see how valuable Curry is. But Dray does impact the game a lot. But it starts with Curry.

This year tho, they have a good team. But with Curry out, their offense goes down to the shit still. When he is on the court, their offense is 115.2 ORtg. Their offense is one of the best in the league, even when he is shooting like shit. When he is off, it's 103.7. It's pretty bad. It's Orlando Magic lvl. But their defense is where it's at. Even with Dray out, their defense is still intact. But it's better when he is out there.

Plus Dray makes their offense more efficient with his vocal leadership and passing game. But it's no where near as important as when Curry is there.

For the 1st 2 months of the season, one of the best lineups in the league was Steph, Bjelica, Otto, GP2 and whoever. G leaguer, 12-13th man and Otto who was a guy that needed to come back to relevance. Ben Taylor's pod a point when they saw Steph shooting like garbage this season after the first 2 months

Before all this slump happened GSW was +18 with him on the floor and +2 with him off.
After slump they are +10 with him on the floor with 114 offense rating down from 117 and -6 on the bench with 102 offense rating.

Same offensive rating, same +16 difference. He's having a historic shooting slump while still having the same level of impact on / off.

TheGoatest
01-26-2022, 08:31 AM
If they're all healthy:

Dray + either Curry or Klay > Curry + Klay

Axe
01-26-2022, 08:39 AM
Yet never mustered a three-peat :cry:

Bronbron23
01-26-2022, 11:39 AM

What in the hell does that prove? It was just dray with no klay or steph. If it was just steph with no dray or klay do you really think it be much better?

hold this L
01-26-2022, 01:22 PM
What in the hell does that prove? It was just dray with no klay or steph. If it was just steph with no dray or klay do you really think it be much better?

Yes you absolute idiot, it would be. One can raise the floor and ceiling, and Dray is purely a ceiling raiser. The fact that you made this topic shows that you are bottom of the barrel in the ish IQ tree, next to Simon and other lunatics.

Stephonit
01-26-2022, 01:33 PM
Curry by a laughably vast distance. Anyone creating alternative stories trying to explain the Warriors' success needs therapy.

Bronbron23
01-27-2022, 12:56 AM
Yes you absolute idiot, it would be. One can raise the floor and ceiling, and Dray is purely a ceiling raiser. The fact that you made this topic shows that you are bottom of the barrel in the ish IQ tree, next to Simon and other lunatics.

Lol so sensitive. Nothing to get butt hurt about bruh. It just is whay it is. Steph and dray couldn't make the playoffs without klay. Klay and dray were breezing through the playoffs without steph. We've never got to really see klay and steph without dray but i think they're around .500 in the games dray missed. It's not that crazy of a question if you take your bitch ass emotions out of it. I guess you really can't help that though:oldlol:

Bronbron23
01-27-2022, 12:58 AM
Curry by a laughably vast distance. Anyone creating alternative stories trying to explain the Warriors' success needs therapy.

What's laughable is that you think it’s by a vast margin

Stephonit
01-27-2022, 03:12 AM
what's laughable is that you think it’s by a vast margin

Vaaaaast Margin