PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis Could Return from Knee Injury Toward End of January

Lebron23
01-14-2022, 09:51 PM
Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis is still working his way back from a sprained knee injury that has kept him out for the past month, but there is reportedly optimism he could return toward the end of January.

According to ESPN's Dave McMenamin, the Lakers are hopeful Davis "could return to game action sometime during L.A.'s long road trip at the end of the month."

Davis has been practicing with a bulky brace on his left knee but has been "moving well" during his workouts, sources told McMenamin.

Head coach Frank Vogel told reporters Friday that Davis will be reevaluated early next week before the team provides another update.

Davis suffered an MCL sprain in his left knee Dec. 17 against the Minnesota Timberwolves and hasn't played since.

The 28-year-old missed two games with what was described as knee soreness earlier in December, while thumb and thigh issues limited him at the beginning of the season.

It creates more question marks about the durability of the forward, who played only 36 games in 2020-21 because of an Achilles injury. Only twice in his first nine seasons in the NBA did he reach 70 games played.

The eight-time All-Star remains an impact player, averaging 23.3 points, 9.9 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game this season.

Davis was one of the best players in the NBA in 2019-20 while helping the Lakers take home the NBA title. The two-way star averaged 26.1 points, 9.3 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game that year, earning first-team All-Defensive honors.

The Lakers could use this level of production to return to contention in the Western Conference, but they have also shown a willingness to go with a small lineup.

Los Angeles has gone 5-7 in its past 12 games without Davis in the lineup. It ranks seventh in the Western Conference standings with a 21-21 record.

https://media.bleacherreport.com/image/upload/w_800,h_533,c_fill/v1641852048/adrtfjkah4oixtz1teco.jpg

RRR3
01-14-2022, 10:06 PM
They look like shit without him so they better hope so

Spurs m8
01-14-2022, 10:06 PM
Back to save LeBarrys top 10 legacy

kawhileonard2
01-14-2022, 10:11 PM
He is the reason of the Lakers success.

StrongLurk
01-14-2022, 10:22 PM
Honestly they shouldn't even rush him. Lakers best bet is to aim to barely make it into the playoffs but have Lebron/AD FULLY healthy.

bullettooth
01-14-2022, 11:08 PM
Theres no savings 6 finals loss which include two sweeps and the top two largest margins of loss in nba history.

LeBron's legacy will be more like modern Wilt Chamberlain.

Full Court
01-14-2022, 11:19 PM
Theres no savings 6 finals loss which include two sweeps and the top two largest margins of loss in nba history.

LeBron's legacy will be more like modern Wilt Chamberlain.

And there's no saving 2011.

That said, no AD, no playoffs.

RRR3
01-14-2022, 11:37 PM
Honestly they shouldn't even rush him. Lakers best bet is to aim to barely make it into the playoffs but have Lebron/AD FULLY healthy.
Bench Westbrook and they won’t have trouble making the playoffs.

bladefd
01-14-2022, 11:46 PM

I would bring AD back only if 100%. Can't be 90% or something. I don't mind if they bring him back after all-star break in February. We need him for the home stretch going into the playoffs.

I'm also expecting a THT trade, hopefully by the end of the month. That should, potentially, improve the Lakers post-allstar break. Ofc, we are still stuck with Westbrook until the summer so our ceiling is still limited for this season.

Airupthere
01-14-2022, 11:52 PM
LeMoooaaarree haaallllpp!!!

I thought AD is trash?

TheGoatest
01-15-2022, 05:00 AM
10 games max before glass man breaks again. His last game he had two injuries on two separate places. I'm guessing the next game he gets injured it will be 3 places.

TheGoatest
01-15-2022, 05:01 AM

https://images4.imagebam.com/2c/f5/73/ME6FF2C_o.png

PP34Deuce
01-15-2022, 09:14 PM
No trade is going to help this team win a title. Feels like fans don't understand how really pastvtheir prime players will lose to live in LA and enjoy advantages fir their fam and business.

If lebron cared about winning he wouldn't signed a 44 m a year contract and recruit westbrook.

Team is struggling because all their money is tied up in 3 players. 2 players past their prime and one who isn't a leader or reliable health wise.

Melo dwight don't make a lot. They are just along for the ride.

I'm no GM but I know suns and warriors are contending for at least the next 2 years. I would rather be bad now and build back value than have names that sell tickets but put me In a tough position.

Westbrook has to go
Lebron has to lose some influence so you can build a competitive team now and future.
AD has to have expectations tailored. He's a great number 2. He's basically a better version of KAT.

THT needs more second unit burn if he's not willing to play a role as a starter
Start Reaves as he's a good shooter with good IQ and isn't a liability.

Look at Nunn to see where he's at physically before pulling the plug on him.

Play dwight . He actually plays more physical.

SATAN
01-15-2022, 09:33 PM
He'll be back to staring at his thumb and sitting on the court grabbing his ankles looking like he just suffered a broken bone in no time.

Nike D'Antoni
01-16-2022, 01:15 AM
According to Jared Dudley in his latest podcast, he said AD called him and asked how he was able to drop 20 pounds with the same MCL injury. Could mean we’re getting a slimmed up AD back

https://twitter.com/LakersSupply/status/1482421933287297024

TheGoatest
01-16-2022, 03:26 AM
He'll be back to staring at his thumb and sitting on the court grabbing his ankles looking like he just suffered a broken bone in no time.

Not to mention playing like shyt in the few games before having to go out with injury again. :facepalm

ImKobe
01-16-2022, 07:13 AM
Not to mention playing like shyt in the few games before having to go out with injury again. :facepalm

He played just fine before his injury.. Lakers were just as successful with him playing and Lebron out, they just need the two to be healthy and playing together in order to compete with the best teams in the league.

tanibanana
01-16-2022, 07:34 AM
I think it would be best for AD to be skinny, like KG Timberwolves type of skinny.
Him staying out of injury is really a struggle for him.
Shedding off some weight will give his legs a relief.