PDA

View Full Version : 2010s all decade teams.

Kblaze8855
01-17-2022, 02:26 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2201172348030105.jpeg

I assume you wanna fight about it so let me just step aside.

Akeem34TheDream
01-17-2022, 02:37 PM
Hmm maybe Butler is missing?

Real Men Wear Green
01-17-2022, 02:43 PM
I feel like disagreeing with Melo's inclusion but I'm not sure why. Just feels like he's not that good.

Xiao Yao You
01-17-2022, 02:45 PM
I feel like disagreeing with Melo's inclusion but I'm not sure why. Just feels like he's not that good.

he's not

HunterSThompson
01-17-2022, 02:49 PM
kobe should be 2nd team at the very least. he played from 2010 to 2016 and did this

2009-10 NBA Champion
2009-10 NBA Finals MVP
2009-10 All-Defensive (1st)
2009-10 All-NBA (1st)
2009-10 (27/5/5)
2010-11 All-Defensive (1st)
2010-11 All-NBA (1st)
2010-11 All Star MVP
2010-11 (25/5/5)
2011-12 All-Defensive (2nd)
2011-12 All-NBA (1st)
2011-12 (28/5/5)
2012 Olympic Gold Medal
2012-13 All-NBA (1st)
2012-13 (27/6/6)
2015-16 (60 point walk off)

and arguably the 2013 league mvp

https://youtu.be/nvvVd74-OxY

https://youtu.be/VMGBZpGTGB0

ShawkFactory
01-17-2022, 02:51 PM
It's actually not bad. Replace Blake with Giannis but the others I can deal with.

FultzNationRISE
01-17-2022, 03:11 PM
That graphic really puts into perspective how overrated most "stars" have been the last 10-20 years or so. Harden, Westbrook, Melo, Davis, Aldridge, Griffin? These are the creme de la creme of an entire decade?

Puke.

Thank God the MJ-inspired era of glamorizing iso-playground-ball is finally coming to a close, thanks to the influence of LeRightWay.

ShawkFactory
01-17-2022, 03:21 PM
kobe should be 2nd team at the very least. he played from 2010 to 2016 and did this

2009-10 NBA Champion
2009-10 NBA Finals MVP
2009-10 All-Defensive (1st)
2009-10 All-NBA (1st)
2009-10 (27/5/5)
2010-11 All-Defensive (1st)
2010-11 All-NBA (1st)
2010-11 All Star MVP
2010-11 (25/5/5)
2011-12 All-Defensive (2nd)
2011-12 All-NBA (1st)
2011-12 (28/5/5)
2012 Olympic Gold Medal
2012-13 All-NBA (1st)
2012-13 (27/6/6)
2015-16 (60 point walk off)

and arguably the 2013 league mvp

https://youtu.be/nvvVd74-OxY

https://youtu.be/VMGBZpGTGB0

He had 3 seasons out of 10 where he was in any way effective. He was a top 3-5 guy in the league for those 3. But it's not enough. 3rd team is pretty appropriate.

HunterSThompson
01-17-2022, 03:27 PM
He had 3 seasons out of 10 where he was in any way effective. He was a top 3-5 guy in the league for those 3. But it's not enough. 3rd team is pretty appropriate.

4 years actually. and bill walton made the hall of fame off having that much with 1 title in 4 years with the blazers

are you saying you would rather have Carmelo or westbrick for 10 years than an elite Kobe for 4

shit I would argue what kobe accomplished should put him 1st team over harden

ShawkFactory
01-17-2022, 03:32 PM
4 years actually. and bill walton made the hall of fame off having that much with 1 title in 4 years with the blazers

are you saying you would rather have Carmelo or westbrick for 10 years than an elite Kobe for 4

Sorry, 4*

It's not about what I would rather have. Westbrook was a 9x all star, MVP, 2x first team, 5x second team. I mean for fvcks sake, after 2010 Kobe literally played in 22 playoff games.

Melo is a little bit closer but Kobe has no argument over Westbrook on the all decade team, even if in those couple years where he was effective he was better than Westbrook was.

HunterSThompson
01-17-2022, 03:35 PM
Sorry, 4*

It's not about what I would rather have. Westbrook was a 9x all star, MVP, 2x first team, 5x second team. I mean for fvcks sake, after 2010 Kobe literally played in 22 playoff games.

Melo is a little bit closer but Kobe has no argument over Westbrook on the all decade team, even if in those couple years where he was effective he was better than Westbrook was.

obviously you've never seen Westbrook play. give me your PayPal email and il send you some money for league pass

Kblaze8855
01-17-2022, 03:36 PM
It’s kinda like if Lebron gets hurt next year and never recovered. The 2020 ring and 3 more years of good numbers puts him over say…..Luka who should be a top player for all 10 years? Don’t know about that.

Hey Yo
01-17-2022, 03:37 PM

shit I would argue what kobe accomplished should put him 1st team over harden

Walton's collegiate accomplishments is what helped him get in the HOF

ShawkFactory
01-17-2022, 03:37 PM
obviously you've never seen Westbrook play. give me your PayPal email and il send you some money for league pass

I used the exact same metrics you did.

Shogon
01-17-2022, 03:41 PM

He's not that good, he's never been that good, and he's not an NBA level player right now. He hasn't been for a number of seasons.

But he is, as a matter of fact, one of the best individual scorers in NBA history. It's just that's his entire game is predicated on scoring. His defense has always been bad, now it's atrocious. His willingness or ability to get others involved in the game is in the toilet and it always has been. He has always been a black hole on offense. This goes beyond box scores and some people will never figure this out. It seeps into team dynamics in ways that we can't quantify.

Much in the same way that they will look at Bill Russell's scoring numbers and rank him lower than he otherwise should be because their brains are hard wired to prioritize individual scoring and ignore all of the shit that doesn't show up in the box score.

Carmelo used to be a fantastic individual basketball player. Unfortunately for him, NBA basketball is 5 on 5.

FultzNationRISE
01-17-2022, 03:43 PM
It’s kinda like if Lebron gets hurt next year and never recovered. The 2020 ring and 3 more years of good numbers puts him over say…..Luka who should be a top player for all 10 years? Don’t know about that.

That's basically the crux of Dirk's argument. He won an epic title in 2011 (thanks to a Wade and Spo sabotage, which is a different discussion) and still had a couple more years of good play, but it was a pretty consistent decline in production as the decade went on.

I still think you have to put him over Aldridge. I'd take 10's Duncan over Aldridge too.

Spurs m8
01-17-2022, 03:45 PM
Yeah no way I'd have Aldridge anywhere near this...

Had the unfortunate experience of having to support this overrated diva for a few years

FultzNationRISE
01-17-2022, 03:47 PM
Where is Chris Bosh?

Probably sucking some ******'s ***** somewhere, what does it matter? He doesnt belong on this list. Neither does Wade if we're being honest, he was WASHED in the 10s. Point blank period.

And Davis doesnt belong there either but it was a weak era for his position.

Shogon
01-17-2022, 03:50 PM
Yes the list is retarded as these lists almost always are.

Anyways... back to the main topic... **** Carmelo Anthony.

ThRRR3tardSatan
01-17-2022, 03:56 PM
Steph Curry
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Anthony Davis
LaMarcus Aldridge

Chris Paul
Klay Thompson
Paul George
Blake Griffin
Rudy Gobert

Kyrie Irving
Jimmy Butler
Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Love
Nikola Vucevic

SouBeachTalents
01-17-2022, 03:57 PM
That's actually a very respectable list, I think they got the First Team exactly right.

Kblaze8855
01-17-2022, 03:59 PM
He's not that good, he's never been that good, and he's not an NBA level player right now.

Sticking to the script for like 5 years no matter how obviously disproven it is. Lance Stephenson sits home for 2 years then comes in because of covid and out scores both Harden and Kyrie. But you still can’t get your head around the fact that there are a lot more NBA level players than there are roster spots. Or the fact that your opinion on what an nba level player is means literally nothing compared to the couple hundred games he’s played since you declared he didn’t have the ability to do it anymore.

Your line of thinking was proven factually incorrect when you claimed years ago he was playing his final season no matter if he or I knew it or not….and then coaches kept deciding to play him. You are gonna die and decompose on a hill of wrong.

Not only is Melo NBA level the people worse than Melo who get no burn and can barely hang onto a spot are nba level too. Drop the 3rd best forward on the 8th best euro league team on the Kings tomorrow and you wouldn’t notice him standing out for being terrible if you had the misfortune of watching a Kings game.

I bet there are 800 people roughly good enough to be in the nba. But oooooonly the old stars get the “Not nba level” talk. The reason is obvious. They are the only role players anyone looks at twice.

Keep repeating yourself till he finally retires though. At least then he won’t be actively proving you wrong every second of the day. Melo could miss his next 40 shots and be nba level. There are 100 guys who don’t show enough in practice to even be given 40 shots in a season to begin with.

Real Men Wear Green
01-17-2022, 04:29 PM
Blake Griffin is another I question but don't feel like researching a good argument against. I am probably wrong but it feels like he peaked in his first 3 seasons. I may be holding my expectations against him unfairly but he just stopped rebounding and devolved from the next Charles Barkley to a more vascular Antoine Walker.

Johnny32
01-17-2022, 04:32 PM
so much for the cavs super team narrative.

HunterSThompson
01-17-2022, 04:42 PM

1. if that 2020 ring was actually real I would consider putting lebron over a bum similar to Westbrook or Carmelo. Luka has infinitely more of an impact on wins than those 2 trash cans so that comparison is actually retarded

2. then why put kobe on the 3rd team. it's just disrespectful to him or the guys that played a full 10 years. take him off and put anyone. but if he's on the 3rd team then obviously it's not about tenure and in fact about level of play and accomplishments so by that measurement kobe should be minimum 2nd team

HunterSThompson
01-17-2022, 04:46 PM
so much for the cavs super team narrative.

LeCancer kills every players career he touches. nothing new here

Shogon
01-17-2022, 04:47 PM
Sticking to the script for like 5 years no matter how obviously disproven it is. Lance Stephenson sits home for 2 years then comes in because of covid and out scores both Harden and Kyrie. But you still can’t get your head around the fact that there are a lot more NBA level players than there are roster spots. Or the fact that your opinion on what an nba level player is means literally nothing compared to the couple hundred games he’s played since you declared he didn’t have the ability to do it anymore.

Your line of thinking was proven factually incorrect when you claimed years ago he was playing his final season no matter if he or I knew it or not….and then coaches kept deciding to play him. You are gonna die and decompose on a hill of wrong.

Not only is Melo NBA level the people worse than Melo who get no burn and can barely hang onto a spot are nba level too. Drop the 3rd best forward on the 8th best euro league team on the Kings tomorrow and you wouldn’t notice him standing out for being terrible if you had the misfortune of watching a Kings game.

I bet there are 800 people roughly good enough to be in the nba. But oooooonly the old stars get the “Not nba level” talk. The reason is obvious. They are the only role players anyone looks at twice.

Keep repeating yourself till he finally retires though. At least then he won’t be actively proving you wrong every second of the day. Melo could miss his next 40 shots and be nba level. There are 100 guys who don’t show enough in practice to even be given 40 shots in a season to begin with.

Yes I am going to keep saying it because if your objective is to win games, you do not want this guy on your team and that's been true since around the time he was ending his tenure with the Knicks.

He adjusted his attitude in recent years so congrats to him, but his attitude was absolutely atrocious starting off in OKC. At that time, I absolutely would not want that guy on my team and I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. I would rather have 2022 Carmelo Anthony than 2018 Carmelo Anthony just because of the attitude adjustment but I wouldn't want either guy on my roster.

I don't give a **** what coaches think or do or say. I do not give a shit. Even professionals miss shit. And they do it over and over and over. People are wrong, people are stupid, people make mistakes. Don't get me wrong, I am people but let me put this another way.

Nikola Jokic went 41 in the NBA draft in 2014.

You know what that means? 100% of executives and 100% of coaches and front offices and people with any meaningful voice missed this guy. They all did. 100% of them. And he is now the reigning league MVP. And this same type of shit has happened countless times throughout NBA history where 100% of people flat out miss.

And rather than getting missed in the draft, you have guys that stick around for years based on reputation and name rather than actual ability or results.

Carmelo Anthony is still an NBA level scorer in limited minutes and that will probably remain true even after he retires.

But he is not an NBA level player any longer and he hasn't been for a number of years.

ArbitraryWater
01-17-2022, 04:59 PM
Why is Kobe there?

He played 4 seasons of note in the 2010‘s and 2 were mediocre (2011-2012)

Manny98
01-17-2022, 05:05 PM
George and Giannis should be on the second team instead of Blake and Melo imo

Dirk should be third team over Aldridge

Draymond and Butler have strong arguments for third team as well

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-17-2022, 05:31 PM
Its good list for the most part.

Giannis didn't accomplish anything in playoffs at that point but already won a MVP, I would put him at least 2nd team.

Kobe's 2010 was still really good even though he was underwhelming in 2011 and 2012 and pretty much rest of the decade. I still would put him in carmello's spot.

Replace Aldridge with chris bosh or Kevin love

The rest looks good

Kblaze8855
01-17-2022, 05:37 PM
Yes I am going to keep saying it because if your objective is to win games, you do not want this guy on your team and that's been true since around the time he was ending his tenure with the Knicks.

He adjusted his attitude in recent years so congrats to him, but his attitude was absolutely atrocious starting off in OKC. At that time, I absolutely would not want that guy on my team and I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. I would rather have 2022 Carmelo Anthony than 2018 Carmelo Anthony just because of the attitude adjustment but I wouldn't want either guy on my roster.

I don't give a **** what coaches think or do or say. I do not give a shit. Even professionals miss shit. And they do it over and over and over. People are wrong, people are stupid, people make mistakes. Don't get me wrong, I am people but let me put this another way.

Nikola Jokic went 41 in the NBA draft in 2014.

You know what that means? 100% of executives and 100% of coaches and front offices and people with any meaningful voice missed this guy. They all did. 100% of them. And he is now the reigning league MVP. And this same type of shit has happened countless times throughout NBA history where 100% of people flat out miss.

And rather than getting missed in the draft, you have guys that stick around for years based on reputation and name rather than actual ability or results.

Carmelo Anthony is still an NBA level scorer in limited minutes and that will probably remain true even after he retires.

But he is not an NBA level player any longer and he hasn't been for a number of years.

Missing in the draft or not taking a player does not mean your opinion is he is isnt NBA level. It means you want to pick a different one. Ranking of the potential of a gang of nba players is 800 miles from your denial that people in the nba aren’t nba players.

talking about who you would want on your team. Who you want on your roster means exactly as much as who an emu would pick. Nothing. You don’t decide who nba players are. The nba decides who nba players are. And they do it from a pool much larger than their available roster spots.

My primary issue isn’t even Melo. It’s the idiotic way modern fans have taken to evaluation of players. And really I mean stars…big names because you have absolutely no opinion on if a hundred guys belong or not because they are nothing to you.

They spend their whole lives working. Up early. Staying late. Weight room. Drills with your one friend who believes and is willing to rebound for you. Off nights in front of recruiters….great nights in tournaments that didn’t even publish stats to show off. The comebacks, the blowouts, the torn ligaments, the benching, the going I drafted, the ending up on a team of dudes who don’t speak your language and figuring out it. The 2 years proving it in Latvia, the 2 years proving it in Italy, the twisted ankle before the summer league run with the Bucks and ending up back in Italy. The G league tryout. The 10 day you nearly have a heart attack when you hear about.

The ball swings to you and James Harden is closing out. You knock down the 3 and your whole home town erupts as you look to the stands at the two people there for you. Your mom and your boy who rebounded for you in 10th grade.

You get a 2 way contract. You sign for the year.

You play 4 years in the league coming off the bench with a career high of 22 points in 28 minutes. You go back to Italy after being cut…a millionaire who everyone knows. You play out your last days and retire with no fanfare…but you know that you made it.

You made the nba. You were an nba player and your son tells his friends exactly that.

Meanwhile….the douche on the internet insists that not only were you never nba level but several of the people beating you out for minutes and having 20 point nights in the regular aren’t either. That guy doesn’t even know you exist. But he’s hating nightly on an ex star you can’t touch even at his age.

When that douchebag decides that guy who gets all your potential minutes and busts your ass every day in practice isn’t an nba player….

What the hell are you? And the 200 other guys like you who don’t even get counted even though you played for YEARS.

This whole thing modern fans do just screams disrespect to me. Ever watch a game with the family of a role player who is barely hanging on? I’ve watched Shammond Williams play on the Lakers with Kobe Bryant with his brother and other family friends in the room. Shit is surreal. But now we make it out to be nothing but the best of the best. The league has stars and bums. And the biggest bums are ones who used to be stars but have declined….because unlike other role players….people watch them and criticize everything.

All Carmelo has done is go from superstar to one of the nameless hundreds. Only he has a name you know. So you care when his shot is off or his man scores.

But he’s still one of them. You remove those players there aren’t even enough roster spots to deal with injury or fatigue. Melo is one of the wide range of players who are necessary for the nba to exist. You couldn’t fill the rosters if you lost everyone roughly near Melos level…making the idea such players arent nba level mathematically ridiculous. You’d eliminate the middle to back portion of every roster and 95% of the feeder systems(internationals and college).

You need 600 people to man nba rosters right now. And a lot of the people not coming to fill covid spots are better than some who do.

This isn’t a Melo issue. It’s a you being bad at math or too dug in to admit to being wrong issue. It’s a stupid modern fans having no respect for anything but the best issue.

I saw a meme on VC saying he played 20 years with no finals appearances or rings. Just a lot of running and jumping. It almost pissed me off.

We don’t even talk about basketball anymore and only the top guys are worth any respect at all in the minds of some fans. And you are “some fans” at this point. Once you shit on the hundreds of role players necessary to keep the league going by implying someone routinely capable of things they arent shouldn’t even be in the league? **** it all.

Only put names on the back of all stars jerseys. The rest of the players don’t matter anyway.

Shogon
01-17-2022, 05:46 PM
This whole thing modern fans do just screams disrespect to me.

Melo has put more work into being in the NBA than I have put into any one single thing. I'm not being disrespectful. I'm calling a spade a spade.

All Carmelo has done is go from superstar to one of the nameless hundreds. Only he has a name you know.

Except he DOES have that name. And if he didn't have that name, he would not be in the NBA at his age with what he actually produces. Point blank period. That has been my point all along and it continues to be my point. If you took some random late 30s guy off the street that was a literal Carmelo Anthony clone except nobody had ever heard of him, he couldn't even get a call back from NBA front offices, never mind a tryout.

You need 600 people to man nba rosters right now. And a lot of the people not coming to fill covid spots are better than some who do.

This isn’t a Melo issue. It’s a you being bad at math or too dug in to admit to being wrong issue. It’s a stupid modern fans having no respect for anything but the best issue.

No, bullshit. How many of those 600 are worse at defense and worse at moving the basketball than Carmelo Anthony? How many of those guys will bring an offense to a grinding halt while everyone watches while simultaneously not producing at a star level worthy of doing such a thing?

Carmelo is not a team player. He never has been. He never will be. It's just that he once had the athleticism, ability & skill to overcome those glaring deficiencies and as such not only was he worth keeping around, he was good enough at those things to be an All-Star and borderline MVP level player. His strengths are no longer strong enough to overcome his shortcomings thereby justifying a roster spot.

The actual best 450 players in the world aren't a collection of who can score the basketball the best as an individual otherwise yes there is no question that Melo belongs on that list of 450, were that the case. But it's not the case. Despite the fact that numerous fans view the game that way and clearly certain coaches and executives do as well.

Kblaze8855
01-17-2022, 06:04 PM
And your evaluation of what he does is supposed to mean what? The people watching him do it see it a different way. The people deciding don’t seem to think your criticism matters at all. Calling a spade a spade….

You said he’d never play again years ago. Obviously you are wrong. You maaaaaay not know a spade when you see it. There’s evidence you misidentified at least one….

This shit never ends. And I made these same arguments years ago about Rondo. Another guy we had people saying was no longer nba level….7 years ago. And the reason was the same used now on Melo and Russel too really. A big name not matching the reduced game. It never has been a rational evaluation based on number of players needed to fill 15 spots for 30 teams. And with 2 way deals and expanded rosters again? And Europe? And college? 600 is probably low.

Melo could be worse than every player you can think of…plus 250….and STILL be NBA level.

But as I said….people don’t even care about those people. You only care about the ones with a name. But Keljin Blevins and his career 32% shooting is an nba player. And you don’t even know if I made him up or not.

I didn’t….but you don’t know that. Because you don’t actually evaluate end of roster players at all to know what they are. But you damn sure evaluate Melo and determine he’s worse than them and shouldn’t be in the league….

Its a take that requires both bad math and ignorance or the most obsessive time consuming evaluation of nobodies I’ve ever seen from a fan. I know which I’d bet on.

Whoever the players are most unjustly in the nba…I doubt you even know their names. And whoever it is….is probably still nba level. Because the level extends far beyond active rosters. But that’s too rational a take to be accepted these days.

All the ex stars are rec league good at best because they have a microscope on them and lil Timmy Lange from Iowa is a nobody not playing D and shooting 34% for 3 seasons.

I did make that one up by the way. Though you would have to Google to be sure.

Shogon
01-17-2022, 06:10 PM
Name one other player in the NBA that offers up ALL of these qualities combined.

1) Will often grind an entire team's offense to a halt on any given possession despite not producing at a level worthy of doing such a thing
2) Not move the basketball and find passes that lead to assists
3) Bad defense
4) Average shooting

Just name one and you can have proved your point. Just one.

HunterSThompson
01-17-2022, 06:10 PM
Why is Kobe there?

He played 4 seasons of note in the 2010‘s and 2 were mediocre (2011-2012)

I wouldn't call 1st team all nba mediocre. guys today make kobes averages look easy sure but that's cause the nbas a joke and there's no pride left in the game

if you mean they're less than kobes best sure. but he had his team near the top of the standings

and like I said. either put him 1st or 2nd team for his major accomplishments over 4 years or dont put him at all

ShawkFactory
01-17-2022, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't call 1st team all nba mediocre. guys today make kobes averages look easy sure but that's cause the nbas a joke and there's no pride left in the game

if you mean they're less than kobes best sure. but he had his team near the top of the standings

and like I said. either put him 1st or 2nd team for his major accomplishments over 4 years or dont put him at all

Why does it have to be black and white like that? 3rd team seems like a pretty good middle ground between those two things.

Kblaze8855
01-17-2022, 06:17 PM
Name one other player in the NBA that offers up ALL of these qualities combined.

1) Will often grind an entire team's offense to a halt on any given possession despite not producing at a level worthy of doing such a thing
2) Not move the basketball and find passes that lead to assists
3) Bad defense
4) Average shooting

Just name one and you can have proved your point. Just one.

John Lucas the third was that for 8 seasons. In his last real shot he played 42 games for the Jazz and shot 32% from the field. And at 5’9” he was a bad defender even in his prime. But he played most of his career after 29. His peak was like 6 nice games off the bench for the Bulls and Lebron gliding over his head for an alley oop.

And guess what?

He will go to his grave having been an nba level player…..because your idea of what that means…is of absolutely no consequence.

Shogon
01-17-2022, 06:22 PM
John Lucas the third was that for 8 seasons. In his last real shot he played 42 games for the Jazz and shot 32% from the field. And at 5’9” he was a bad defender even in his prime. But he played most of his career after 29. His peak was like 6 nice games off the bench for the Bulls and Lebron gliding over his head for an alley oop.

And guess what?

He will go to his grave having been an nba level player…..because your idea of what that means…is of absolutely no consequence.

I meant current NBA players, btw.

And your idea of what that means is of absolutely no consequence either. Objective reality on who the top 450 actually are is unknowable.

The entire league's brainpower combined couldn't answer that question without error.

Kblaze8855
01-17-2022, 07:02 PM
Neither of Our opinions is of any consequence on the matter. Playing in the NBA is literally the only thing that determines it for sure in the positive. But not playing it doesn’t decide it in the negative. Not when there are so many reasons beyond ability to not be in the nba.

In the end it’s nothing but our all or nothing polarized society creeping into sports. I’m not sure 5 players a season get called average or ok.

Its great or terrible.

In truth….it’s usually neither. Even the guys who somehow hang on 7-8 years and shoot in the 30s regularly and play no defense ever….like JL3….are legit nba players. A few washouts who get a look then flame out may not be but there aren’t many of those either. Anthony Bennett maybe? Just a bad attitude having, lazy, physically gifted guy who didn’t even try to earn it?

And really….he might have been top 500 too for a while. But I don’t think he even ended up in a top 2 European division. I think he may have been cut in Israel.

That’s someone who shouldn’t be in the nba. And even that is just off being a lazy jackass not ability.

Im fairly sure there is nobody under 40 any of us could recognize in a headshot who isn’t nba level.

Not if they still play pro on a high level and stay in shape. I’m not talking DAjuan Wagner and his colostomy bag.

Kblaze8855
01-17-2022, 07:16 PM
Unrelated but…. There’s a bit of a snow storm right now. I’ve been trapped in the house for two days. Right before it hit I took some steak tips and marinated them in a combo of pineapple juice, brown sugar soy sauce, assorted hot pepper flakes, ginger and a bunch of random spices. Grilled them while composing the above posts. ****ing amazing. Made me forget I bought pitas to have with them. We just ate the kabobs and veggies straight. Melo isn’t as good an nba player as I am a home cook I’m sure of that.

FilmyCogTurner
01-17-2022, 07:17 PM

And guess what?

I watched a lot of John Lucas during his time as a Bull and I swear he would purposely throw bad passes to players with open looks so the defense could recover and Lucas could potentially get the ball back for another look at his own shot.

That is all...

Shogon
01-17-2022, 07:39 PM
Melo isn’t as good an nba player as I am a home cook I’m sure of that.

:roll:

I watched a lot of John Lucas during his time as a Bull and I swear he would purposely throw bad passes to players with open looks so the defense could recover and Lucas could potentially get the ball back for another look at his own shot.

That is all...

That's next level selfish tunnel vision.

Im Still Ballin
01-17-2022, 08:01 PM
A couple of OGs going at it.

iamgine
01-17-2022, 08:38 PM
Aldridge & Melo should be replaced with Lillard & Dwight

Gohan
01-17-2022, 08:41 PM
Aldridge & Melo should be replaced with Lillard & Dwight

dwight shouldnt be anywhere near a 2010s team

FilmyCogTurner
01-17-2022, 09:05 PM

That's next level selfish tunnel vision.

I swear McDermott was constantly catching passes at his feet when from Lucas.

iamgine
01-17-2022, 09:50 PM
dwight shouldnt be anywhere near a 2010s team

He accomplished more than most despite being a clown.

k0kakw0rld
01-17-2022, 09:53 PM
Kevin Love > Lamarcus Aldridge.
Kevin Love > Blake Griffin.

His name's got a better ring to it than the other 2 do. :pimp:

FultzNationRISE
01-18-2022, 12:15 AM
He accomplished more than most despite being a clown.

Yeah but the vast majority of it was done in the late 00’s.

I thought the same thing as you at first, and it blew my mind to realize Dwight’s run as a top player actually happened more than a decade ago. Doesnt feel like it’s been that long. But, time flies.

SouBeachTalents
01-18-2022, 12:23 AM
Yeah but the vast majority of it was done in the late 00’s.

I thought the same thing as you at first, and it blew my mind to realize Dwight’s run as a top player actually happened more than a decade ago. Doesnt feel like it’s been that long. But, time flies.
Believe it or not Dwight actually made 5 All-NBA Teams, including 3 First Teams, in the 2010's, in addition to winning 2 DPOY. He also had his best statistical season in 2011.

FultzNationRISE
01-18-2022, 12:35 AM
Believe it or not Dwight actually made 5 All-NBA Teams, including 3 First Teams, in the 2010's, in addition to winning 2 DPOY. He also had his best statistical season in 2011.

Indeed there was some bleed over into the 00s. Thats why I said specifically his run as a top player happened more than a decade ago, because ‘10 and ‘11 ARE now more than a decade ago. After that he still got some awards based on name value and limited competition at center, but he was done as a top 10 guy. I guess saying the “vast majority” of his success was 00’s is overstating it. But at the least it was limited to the start of the only the beginning of the 10s.

Doesnt feel like enough to justify being selected for a team of the 10s, altho with Aldridge and Griffin being the alternatives I wouodnt strongly oppose anyone for picking him.

iamgine
01-18-2022, 12:41 AM

Yep, he was also 2nd in MVP voting in 2011. All of those are much better than the Blake Griffins or the Aldridges of the world.