PDA

View Full Version : Pistons made this offer for Simmons and 76ers declined.

Kblaze8855
01-18-2022, 06:00 PM
. REPORT: The Pistons made a trade offer of Jerami Grant, Saddiq Bey, Kelly Olynyk and a 1st-round pick to the 76ers for Ben Simmons, via B/R.

The 76ers were not excited about the offer.

I guess it went up from Brogdan but they still want more.

Spurs m8
01-18-2022, 06:09 PM
Lol these guys are absolutely insane.

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-18-2022, 06:58 PM
Jermiah Grant's value was pretty high after the bubble when he was next to Murray\Jokic.

It has absolutely tanked since going to the pistons though, especially with his contract.

I would still take him as an upgrade over Tobias Harris.

fourkicks44
01-18-2022, 06:59 PM
Isnt Jerami Grant injured right now?

Yeah, great offer. Can't believe Morey didn't jump at it....

In all seriousness tho he has two viable options. Trade Simmons for an all star calibre player, which so far hasn't happened and doesn't look likely before the deadline.

Or trade Simmons for a bunch of assets that can land an all star calibre player in the near future.

The Pistons deal does neither. Plus in the back of Morey's mind he is always thinking about everything he can do clear space because he is coming to sign Harden. I have no doubt that is his ultimate move.

Full Court
01-18-2022, 07:10 PM
What's wrong with the Pistons for making that offer?

And what's wrong with the Sixers for not taking it???

fsvr54
01-18-2022, 07:11 PM
**** Morey. Just trade his bitch ass already

fourkicks44
01-18-2022, 07:22 PM
Jermiah Grant's value was pretty high after the bubble when he was next to Murray\Jokic.

It has absolutely tanked since going to the pistons though, especially with his contract.

I would still take him as an upgrade over Tobias Harris.

I would love Jerami Grant back on the team and I would prefer him over Tobias, no question.

The issue is having both he and Tobias on the team together. That seems like a shit show.

Kblaze8855
01-18-2022, 07:37 PM

Basketball people value an elite defender and playmaker who can toss in a few points a lot more than fans do.

HylianNightmare
01-18-2022, 07:50 PM
The somers have lost their damn minds

Im so nba'd out
01-18-2022, 09:10 PM
You would think the pistons learned from the khris middleton mistake about giving up jumbo guards but nope....they still havent learned their lesson :oldlol:

Full Court
01-18-2022, 10:14 PM
Basketball people value an elite defender and playmaker who can toss in a few points a lot more than fans do.

Sure, but right now he's nothing but baggage for the Sixers. And no matter how good your defense is, having a player who shoots 30-something percent from the free throw line during a playoffs series is a MASSIVE liability.

Manny98
01-18-2022, 10:32 PM
I don't think he gets traded this season

bladefd
01-18-2022, 11:03 PM
Isnt Jerami Grant injured right now?

Yeah, great offer. Can't believe Morey didn't jump at it....

In all seriousness tho he has two viable options. Trade Simmons for an all star calibre player, which so far hasn't happened and doesn't look likely before the deadline.

Or trade Simmons for a bunch of assets that can land an all star calibre player in the near future.

The Pistons deal does neither. Plus in the back of Morey's mind he is always thinking about everything he can do clear space because he is coming to sign Harden. I have no doubt that is his ultimate move.

I don't quite understand why Bradley Beal is not an option tbh. Wizards should jump all over it, and Philly should too if they get Beal. Philly can bring in a 3rd team like Charlotte to take Harris.

Something like this:
https://i.ibb.co/PZgjTMy/tradenba-snap-1642561138314.png

Then a future 1st round pick from Wizards or Hornets or both to Philly if they agree.

fourkicks44
01-18-2022, 11:42 PM
I don't quite understand why Bradley Beal is not an option tbh. Wizards should jump all over it, and Philly should too if they get Beal. Philly can bring in a 3rd team like Charlotte to take Harris.

Something like this:

Then a future 1st round pick from Wizards or Hornets or both to Philly if they agree.

This is the dream senario. I wish more than anything for this deal.

It is just the Wizards that aren't interested.

NugzFan
01-18-2022, 11:56 PM

Something like this:

My first thought was “why would Washington trade beal for simmons and some ok picks??”

Then I noticed you have Washington sending the picks :oldlol:

kawhileonard2
01-18-2022, 11:59 PM

They want Bradley Beal or Dame for that.

Druckenmiller
01-19-2022, 12:07 AM
If those bums were any good the PissTons would have won a game by now.

Kings2024Champs
01-19-2022, 12:25 AM
Not nearly enough value for a player of Bens caliber. Im a Morey believer and think you cant just "dump" (this and the Brogdon trade count as that) a player like Ben, but it is still interesting to see the Sixers essentially punt on this season while Embiid is healthy and entering his prime. How many of these yrs will we see from him?? This roster has so much talent but equally as many question marks

Gohan
01-19-2022, 12:29 AM
Ben simmons is iversons dream backcourt mate

bladefd
01-19-2022, 12:54 AM
My first thought was “why would Washington trade beal for simmons and some ok picks??”

Then I noticed you have Washington sending the picks :oldlol:

You could perhaps have Hornets alone send a future 1st to Philly or even nobody sending a pick anywhere. I think that trade is reasonable with no picks involved.

Jasper
01-19-2022, 10:46 AM

point on.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2022, 11:01 AM
Analyst opinions are that Simmons trade value has plummeted but Morey is under no obligation to accept anyone's offer. He doesn't need the general consensus to be that he should be getting an all-star back he just needs to find one team that will give him that all-star and he will have done his job well in this instance. They want a player that will make them a contender and they are being patient. This could be wise.

jayfan
01-19-2022, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure the Pistons actually made that offer.

Kblaze8855
01-19-2022, 08:28 PM
Another one

.The Kings were looking at trading Buddy Hield, Tyrese Haliburton , Harrison Barnes and two first-round picks for Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris and Matisse Thybulle, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

But the 76ers rejected the idea.

iamgine
01-19-2022, 08:33 PM
^Kings probably need to add Fox for the salary to match.