PDA

View Full Version : This was the biggest shot Pippen ever made

3ba11
01-23-2022, 03:25 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-23-2022/FXH3it.gif

^^^ this was a really big shot from the final game of the 89' 1st Round, even though MJ hit 2 more go-ahead shots after this one, including "the shot".

Winning this game was the difference between starting over/rebuilding as a lottery team and being title contenders from that point forward.

Pippen's 'biggest' shot aside from the gif above was a game-winner in the 97' 1st Round where they were up 2-0 and going to sweep 3-0 anyway.

TLDR: Pippen has the worst clutch resume of all-time

expansionera
01-23-2022, 03:29 PM
Jordan’s best shot was over a 6’4 165lbs Craig Ehlo to beat Mark Price’s Cavs in the playoffs

SouBeachTalents
01-23-2022, 03:38 PM
Nah, this was his biggest shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACL2zSvCq3A&t=624s

The closest the Bulls came to losing during their title run, and he hits the dagger to put them up 4 with 2 minutes to go, the last basket that'd be scored by either team the rest of the game.

3ba11
01-23-2022, 03:40 PM
Nah, this was his biggest shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACL2zSvCq3A&t=624s

The closest the Bulls came to losing during their title run, and he hits the dagger to put them up 4 with 2 minutes to go, the last basket that'd be scored by either team the rest of the game.

Bulls would've won if Pippen never hit that shot because they were already up 85-83 and the Pacers didn't score after that.. Pippen put them up 87-83

Hey Yo
01-23-2022, 03:41 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-23-2022/FXH3it.gif

^^^ this was a really big shot from the final game of the 89' 1st Round, even though MJ hit 2 more go-ahead shots after this one, including "the shot".

Winning this game was the difference between starting over/rebuilding as a lottery team and being title contenders from that point forward.

Pippen's 'biggest' shot aside from the gif above was a game-winner in the 97' 1st Round where they were up 2-0 and going to sweep 3-0 anyway.

TLDR: Pippen has the worst clutch resume of all-time

What happen in game 5 of the ECF in 89?

SouBeachTalents
01-23-2022, 03:43 PM
Bulls would've won if Pippen never hit that shot because they were already up 85-83 and the Pacers didn't score after that.. Pippen put them up 87-83
Yeah, cause that's how basketball & sports work. Things like momentum and strategy adjusting to different situations don't come into play at all. The Pacers and Bulls play exactly the same way if it's a 2 point game in the final 2 minutes compared to a 2 possession game.

3ba11
01-23-2022, 03:46 PM
Yeah, cause that's how basketball & sports work. Things like momentum and strategy adjusting to different situations don't come into play at all. The Pacers and Bulls play exactly the same way if it's a 2 point game in the final 2 minutes compared to a 2 possession game.

Bulls were up 85-83 and the Pacers finished with 83 points, so Jordan didn't need to hit a game-winner, whereas 2 game-winners were needed from MJ in 89' plus the Pippen shot.. MJ would've needed 4 game-winners without the Pippen shot instead of 2

No comparison

SouBeachTalents
01-23-2022, 03:48 PM
Bulls were up 85-83 and the Pacers finished with 83 points, so Jordan didn't need to hit a game-winner, whereas 2 game-winners were needed from MJ in 89' plus the Pippen shot.. MJ would've needed 4 game-winners without the Pippen shot instead of 2

No comparison
Pippen hit the biggest shot in the game the Bulls came closest to being eliminated, it's not a big deal. Paxson & Kerr hit title winning shots for the Bulls as well.

3ba11
01-23-2022, 03:51 PM
Pippen hit the biggest shot in the game the Bulls came closest to being eliminated, it's not a big deal. Paxson & Kerr hit title winning shots for the Bulls as well.

The 89' series was the difference between starting over/rebuilding and the goat dynasty

So no, Pippen's shot in 89' was much bigger than his 98' lucky bounce, which wasn't needed to win that game for the goat dynasty (5-time champs, legacy sealed)

Gohan
01-23-2022, 03:54 PM

Either 3ball doesn’t understand context or you cant do math, lmao we’ll let everyone else decide

SouBeachTalents
01-23-2022, 03:54 PM
The 89' series was the difference between starting over/rebuilding and the goat dynasty

So no, Pippen's shot in 89' was much bigger than his 98' lucky bounce, which wasn't needed to win that game for the goat dynasty (5-time champs, legacy sealed)
One shot resulted in an eventual championship, the other resulted in a loss in the conference finals. Not even a comparison.

And I love how you drone on about that series being the difference between starting over/rebuilding when Doug Collins was FIRED after that season anyway :oldlol:

3ba11
01-23-2022, 03:57 PM
Thread Cliffs

Pippen is the worst notable sidekick ever in the following 3 ways:

1) worst clutch resume ever (see his biggest shot ever made in the OP)

2) lowest peak capability in a playoff series of any notable sidekick in the 90's (scoring, assists, efficiency outside the 1st Round)

3) the only notable sidekick in the 90's that never led the team in any series (never a 1b), aka the only sidekick that was carried in every series (never got within 10 ppg of Jordan)

3ba11
01-23-2022, 04:05 PM
One shot resulted in an eventual championship, the other resulted in a loss in the conference finals. Not even a comparison.

And I love how you drone on about that series being the difference between starting over/rebuilding when Doug Collins was FIRED after that season anyway :oldlol:

The only reason the series went 7 was because Pippen underperformed (16.6 on 39%)...

ONLY PIPPEN underperformed in that series and nearly caused loss - his stat-padding shot (game already won) didn't offset him nearly losing that series, and he nearly caused loss in the following series too (98' Finals).

The stats and historical record don't lie - anytime a series was close or lost, it was Pippen's poor play that caused it - 88' ECSF, 89' 1st Round, 89' ECSF, 89' ECF, 90' ECF, 92' ECSF, 93' Finals, 95' ECSF, 96' Finals, 97' Finals, 98' ECF, 98' Finals

^^ Pippen's stats in those series is a smorgasbord of horrific production and worst-ever westbrick efficiency

SouBeachTalents
01-23-2022, 04:09 PM
The only reason the series went 7 was because Pippen underperformed (16.6 on 39%)...

ONLY PIPPEN underperformed in that series and nearly caused loss - his stat-padding shot (game already won) didn't offset him nearly losing that series, and he nearly caused loss in the following series too (98' Finals).

The stats and historical record don't lie - anytime a series was close or lost, it was Pippen's poor play that caused it - 88' ECSF, 89' 1st Round, 89' ECSF, 89' ECF, 90' ECF, 92' ECSF, 93' Finals, 95' ECSF, 96' Finals, 97' Finals, 98' ECF, 98' Finals

^^ Pippen's stats in those series is a smorgasbord of horrific production and worst-ever westbrick efficiency
Reggie averaged 17.4 on 41%, no reason they needed 7 games when the first option was producing so poorly.

nineiron
01-23-2022, 04:09 PM
Jordan’s best shot was over a 6’4 165lbs Craig Ehlo to beat Mark Price’s Cavs in the playoffs

Lebron was too scared to shoot over 6'3" Curry that he had to pass it to George Hill.

3ba11
01-23-2022, 04:16 PM
Reggie averaged 17.4 on 41%, no reason they needed 7 games when the first option was producing so poorly.

Opposing SG's always shoot poorly against the Bulls because they're so worn down guarding MJ

losing the attrition battle to MJ

So that's built into the cake - nobody expected Miller to dominate Jordan like he did Kobe in 2000

SouBeachTalents
01-23-2022, 04:19 PM
Opposing SG's always shoot poorly against the Bulls because they're so worn down guarding MJ

losing the attrition battle to MJ

So that's built into the cake - nobody expected Miller to dominate Jordan like he did Kobe in 2000
That literally does nothing to explain how the Bulls still needed a down to the wire Game 7 to beat a team who's best player put up such terrible production.

3ba11
01-23-2022, 04:27 PM
That literally does nothing to explain how the Bulls still needed a down to the wire Game 7 to beat a team who's best player put up such terrible production.

the bulls had 1 guy that can get his shot (maybe 2 if pippen isn't wetting the bed), while the Pacers and most other teams had many scoring options - after the top 2 options, most teams had rich man's versions of what the Bulls had... Jalen Rose, Derrick McKey, Mullin, the Davis brothers, Travis Best - these guys are rich man's versions of Jud Buechler, Longley and the stiffs that the Bulls had - and with Pippen wetting the bed TOO???? It's no surprise the Bulls almost lost

RRR3
01-23-2022, 04:42 PM
Snivelly getting brutally beat down once again :oldlol:

Most destroyed poster in ISH NBA forum history :roll:

3ba11
01-23-2022, 04:44 PM
Snivelly getting brutally beat down once again :oldlol:

Yeah right... everyone quit me already itt.. I can't get no action and I know you can't give any aside from whining.. :lol:

RRR3
01-23-2022, 04:49 PM
People get tired of embarrassing you because it starts to feel like picking on a handicapped kid.

3ba11
01-23-2022, 04:55 PM
People get tired of embarrassing you because it starts to feel like picking on a handicapped kid.

I disagree.

It's pretty rare where I'm like "oh wow, good point".. I think Stronglurk made a good point recently and I gave him credit for it.. SouBeach has made me sharpen my arguments too at times and a couple other posters

But for the most part, my arguments hold up because I'm really just pointing out the historical record in most cases

Gohan
01-23-2022, 05:00 PM
I disagree.

It's pretty rare where I'm like "oh wow, good point".. I think Stronglurk made a good point recently and I gave him credit for it.. SouBeach has made me sharpen my arguments too at times and a couple other posters

But for the most part, my arguments hold up because I'm really just pointing out the historical record in most cases

Dont waste your time hes a transvestite

3ba11
01-23-2022, 08:01 PM
Reggie Lewis vs Pippen as 1st options in Playoffs

92' LEWIS..... 28/4/4.. 57.0 ts.. 23.8 PER.. 0.177 ws.. 4.1 dbpm.. 2.6 obpm.. 6.8 bpm.. 0.9 vorp
94' PIPPEN.... 23/8/5.. 52.1 ts.. 22.8 PER.. 0.149 ws.. 4.0 dbpm.. 1.6 obpm.. 5.6 bpm.. 0.7 vorp

(10 games each)

3ba11
01-23-2022, 08:56 PM

Pretty cool how old MJ dominated Miller, while Miller dominated Kobe in 2000

It shows the difference.. But Kobe is still #2 all-time

97 bulls
01-23-2022, 09:04 PM

Lol

MrFonzworth
01-23-2022, 09:25 PM

Except for that's you and it's not even close.

3ba11
01-23-2022, 10:03 PM
Jordan's 1989 cast added enough help on top of his 33/8/8 to win 47 games - compare that to Lebron's cast in 2009, which added enough help on top of his 28/8/7 to win 66 games..

The only possible reasons for the Cavs winning 19 more games despite Lebron's inferior production is that his supporting cast was better and/or they played inferior competition.. Obviously, the 19 additional wins isn't ONLY due to inferior competition - it's due to better supporting cast as well.

Brand of basketball isn't an issue - we know Jordan's 1989 team played a better brand of basketball because his brand was more successful in the playoffs.. Jordan's 6th seeded Bulls beat higher seeds in every round and took the champs to 6 games in ECF, while Lebron's heavily-favored 1 seed saw their brand of basketball exposed in the 2nd Round by the Magic.

Also, there's another reason Jordan's cast might've been the worst ever - no all-time great led their team in scoring for every playoff series of their career, let alone by 15 ppg like Jordan.. Let that sink in

And Jordan's impact on his horrible cast is clearly evident - in 1989, the 47-win Bulls would've missed the 45-win playoff cut without Jordan's 33/8/8.. So without Jordan, that roster was a LOTTERY roster and headed nowhere going into the 1990 season - but WITH Jordan, they were ECF veterans and about to begin a 6-peat dynasty.. Essentially, Jordan led that same lottery roster from 1989 to a 3-peat beginning 2 seasons later - that's the goat impact on a lottery team.