PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see Kawhi win an mvp?

AirBonner
01-24-2022, 02:36 AM
Thoughts? A guy this good can’t even win one? Sad

TheGoatest
01-24-2022, 04:26 AM
First he needs to pass Armen Gilliam on the all-time scoring list. Recently he passed Donyell Marshall, so who knows, climbing the Armen Gilliam Mount Everest might be achievable for him.

Kawhi_Why_Not
01-24-2022, 06:07 AM
He was robbed out of three different MVPS (2016,2017,2020).

The media just doesn't like kawhi because their jealous of him and he's not media friendly.

Kareem won an MVP 1 season when he couldn't even lead his team to the playoffs and was in a shit era

Spurs m8
01-24-2022, 07:20 AM
He was robbed out of three different MVPS (2016,2017,2020).

The media just doesn't like kawhi because their jealous of him and he's not media friendly.

Kareem won an MVP 1 season when he couldn't even lead his team to the playoffs and was in a shit era

Lol @ 2016 and 2017 hahahhaha

Right.

As someone who watched him all the time and was a stan long before you, can confirm he wasn't MVP worthy

Full Court
01-24-2022, 07:53 AM
I'm more interested in the question of if we'll ever see Kawhi play.

AirBonner
01-24-2022, 12:24 PM
I'm more interested in the question of if we'll ever see Kawhi play.

That is a good question as well. Apparently Kawhi is “ahead of schedule” what schedule? We don’t know

HunterSThompson
01-24-2022, 12:44 PM
he doesn't care enough to win mvp. he's indifferent about all things related to basketball. all kawhi wants is to feel comfortable and be around family. it's the new generation mentality since lebron ruined the competitive nature of the league with colluding and ring chasing.

everyone has a toxic mentality now with zero f*cks given.

the guy who wins mvp now is the last guy we expect to win it cause every other candidate mailed it in the whole year

John8204
01-24-2022, 12:45 PM
Never because Kawhi doesn't play all season...the question I have to ask is where do you rank him amongst players to never win MVP?

HunterSThompson
01-24-2022, 12:56 PM
Never because Kawhi doesn't play all season...the question I have to ask is where do you rank him amongst players to never win MVP?

probly behind west, Baylor, zeke, Wade, hondo

Jasper
01-24-2022, 01:14 PM
he doesn't care enough to win mvp. he's indifferent about all things related to basketball. all kawhi wants is to feel comfortable and be around family. it's the new generation mentality since lebron ruined the competitive nature of the league with colluding and ring chasing.

everyone has a toxic mentality now with zero f*cks given.

the guy who wins mvp now is the last guy we expect to win it cause every other candidate mailed it in the whole year

Lenard colluded with George -- your apathetic.

Kawhi can barely run down a court yet along be in every play ...
He will never be a MVP and for that matter he would need a star studded team to have a chance at another chip(.)

HunterSThompson
01-24-2022, 01:20 PM
Lenard colluded with George -- your apathetic.

Kawhi can barely run down a court yet along be in every play ...
He will never be a MVP and for that matter he would need a star studded team to have a chance at another chip(.)

only lebron can win mvp after colluding and ring chasing with 2 other superstars

the media just loved them some Roid. not so much with kawhi or Durant. other guys gotta do it the right way

SouBeachTalents
01-24-2022, 01:28 PM
We still calling Chris Bosh a superstar

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TalkativeLavishChimpanzee-max-1mb.gif

HunterSThompson
01-24-2022, 02:10 PM
We still calling Chris Bosh a superstar

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TalkativeLavishChimpanzee-max-1mb.gif

yeah like how we laugh at kyrie, love, Davis and Westbrook being called superstars. I wonder what happened to all of them. what's the key ingredient to their downfalls individually. can't think of it. wanna help me out

sh*t even wade in 2013 is thought of as a role player lmao

John8204
01-24-2022, 03:53 PM
probly behind west, Baylor, zeke, Wade, hondo

The highest I could rank him is 10th

1. Jerry West
2. Chris Paul
3. John Stockton
4. John Havlicek
5. George Gervin
6. Elgin Baylor
7. Pete Maravich
8. Walt Frazier
9. Dwayne Wade

SouBeachTalents
01-24-2022, 04:03 PM
The highest I could rank him is 10th

1. Jerry West
2. Chris Paul
3. John Stockton
4. John Havlicek
5. George Gervin
6. Elgin Baylor
7. Pete Maravich
8. Walt Frazier
9. Dwayne Wade
That's a terrible ranking. Wade & Kawhi are better than everyone on that list besides West.

John8204
01-24-2022, 04:11 PM
That's a terrible ranking. Wade & Kawhi are better than everyone on that list besides West.

Chris Paul - elevated four teams into playoff contention, three of which were not in the playoffs to begin with
John Stockton - the greatest pure point gaurd in NBA history, elevated every one of his team mates
John Havlicek - 7 time champion and the best scorer on the Celtics dynasty
George Gervin - 4 time NBA scoring champion
Elgin Baylor - father of the above the rim game that everyone else uses today
Pete Maravich - in the argument for the best player of the decade (70's)
Walt Frazier - 2 time champion, best defensive PG, best PG of his era

Dwayne - always the 2nd best player on his team
Kawhi Leonard - great when his load isn't managed

SouBeachTalents
01-24-2022, 04:20 PM
Chris Paul - elevated four teams into playoff contention, three of which were not in the playoffs to begin with
John Stockton - the greatest pure point gaurd in NBA history, elevated every one of his team mates
John Havlicek - 7 time champion and the best scorer on the Celtics dynasty
George Gervin - 4 time NBA scoring champion
Elgin Baylor - father of the above the rim game that everyone else uses today
Pete Maravich - in the argument for the best player of the decade (70's)
Walt Frazier - 2 time champion, best defensive PG, best PG of his era

Dwayne - always the 2nd best player on his team
Kawhi Leonard - great when his load isn't managed
The bitter irony of using this against Wade then ranking Stockton, Havlicek & Baylor ahead of him :lol

Wade from 2005-2011 was better than anyone ever was on that list, and accomplished more in 2006 than any of them ever did. Ditto Kawhi in 2019.

FromDowntown
01-24-2022, 04:30 PM
nah he doesnt have the stamina guts to grind out the mvp award only few few have what it takes

n00bie
01-24-2022, 04:36 PM
Everyone that leaves Toronto is cursed.

John8204
01-24-2022, 04:39 PM
The bitter irony of using this against Wade then ranking Stockton, Havlicek & Baylor ahead of him :lol

Wade from 2005-2011 was better than anyone ever was on that list, and accomplished more in 2006 than any of them ever did. Ditto Kawhi in 2019.

Yes...Baylor, Havlicek, and Stockton are better than Dwayne Wade they didn't have to finish their careers riding the bench and go around the league begging for jobs.

Obviously you only care about players from your generation

SouBeachTalents
01-24-2022, 04:55 PM
Yes...Baylor, Havlicek, and Stockton are better than Dwayne Wade they didn't have to finish their careers riding the bench and go around the league begging for jobs.

Obviously you only care about players from your generation
Well, you're obviously entitled to your opinion, but I think you'd find very few people to agree that peak for peak any of the guys you listed were better than Wade. Or Kawhi. The fact you claim Wade was "always" 2nd best on his team is pretty telling you either specifically underrate him or current/more recent players in general.

John8204
01-24-2022, 05:26 PM
Well, you're obviously entitled to your opinion, but I think you'd find very few people to agree that peak for peak any of the guys you listed were better than Wade. Or Kawhi. The fact you claim Wade was "always" 2nd best on his team is pretty telling you either specifically underrate him or current/more recent players in general.

He's in the fringe top ten of his generation, but the question I always ask myself with a player. Not what people judge of them today but 20 years from now...is Wade a guy that people are going to care about...does he have a legacy. I say no, and I think if you did a top fifty it would be very telling to see all the generations of great players you have to ignore to put him there.

j3lademaster
01-24-2022, 05:51 PM
He's in the fringe top ten of his generation, but the question I always ask myself with a player. Not what people judge of them today but 20 years from now...is Wade a guy that people are going to care about...does he have a legacy. I say no, and I think if you did a top fifty it would be very telling to see all the generations of great players you have to ignore to put him there.What? Okay, so mid to late 2000's what 9 guys do you have over Wade? Lebron, Kobe we'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put Dwight and CP3 in there. Wade was easily a top 5 guy, at worst.

Spurs m8
01-24-2022, 06:10 PM
What? Okay, so mid to late 2000's what 9 guys do you have over Wade? Lebron, Kobe we'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put Dwight and CP3 in there. Wade was easily a top 5 guy, at worst.

I dunno I'd even ask, the guy only started watching basketball last month

John8204
01-24-2022, 06:11 PM
What? Okay, so mid to late 2000's what 9 guys do you have over Wade? Lebron, Kobe we'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put Dwight and CP3 in there. Wade was easily a top 5 guy, at worst.

I would say Wade's "generation" was 98-14

So Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, KG, Dirk, Shaq, Chris Paul, and Iverson

Wade would be in the second tier with McGrady, Kidd, Nash, Stoudamire, Carter, Howard, Pierce, and Carmello

Pioneer Era- 46-66
Expansion Era - 67-79
Dynasty Era - 80-97
Global Era - 98-14
Modern Era - 15-