PDA

View Full Version : Clippers 26-26 with Kawhi playing 0 games but the Lakers 24-27?

Cyrus334
01-30-2022, 09:06 PM
They've had 2 of their big 3 in almost every game but have a worse record then the Clippers who've never had more then 1 star on the court?

Is this the most dissapointing Lebron team ever? :confusedshrug::confusedshrug:

3ba11
01-30-2022, 09:14 PM

* 2005 - Barely won 40 games with East all-star center

* 09' & 10' - Couldn't win East with homecourt

* 11-16' - Turned preseason favorites into Finals underdog or loser (failed expectation)

* 19-22' - Lottery-caliber for 3 of 4 years out West, after 8 straight Finals in East

Lebron employs a ball-dominant brand of ball from the frontcourt (frontcourt ball-dominance), so he underachieves his team's talent... :confusedshrug:

Lebron23
01-30-2022, 09:16 PM
They've had 2 of their big 3 in almost every game but have a worse record then the Clippers who've never had more then 1 star on the court?

Once LeBron returns from his injury. They are going to have a winning streak.

3ba11
01-30-2022, 09:21 PM

His Finals record against the West (worst-ever) and lottery-caliber for 3 of 4 seasons out West confirms that he can't beat the West - he simply benefitted from super-teams in a weak East that he otherwise couldn't win with homecourt in 09' and 10'

Lebron23
01-30-2022, 09:26 PM
His Finals record against the West (worst-ever) and lottery-caliber for 3 of 4 seasons out West confirms that he can't beat the West - he simply benefitted from super-teams in a weak East that he otherwise couldn't win with homecourt in 09' and 10'

Jordan never had a winning record against a super team like Larry Bird's Celtics

Full Court
01-30-2022, 09:56 PM

You were saying this earlier in the season when Brony was out injured. They still hung around .500.

I don't put all the Lakers' woes on Lebron though. With him or without him, they just don't play team ball very well. This group of players don't have good cohesion. It's not all Westbrook's fault either. Getting rid of him won't magically solve all their issues.

Micku
01-31-2022, 02:10 AM

It's one of the most disappointing super teams.

But I think they could pull it out if they stay healthy to be competitive. I don't think they will win a title or anything, but they could be dangerous if they are playing in sync. They need both LeBron and AD to carry them. But they aren't well constructed. Their offense is trash and their defense sucks. They would have their nights, but I doubt they could be consistent enough. I can see them losing in the first round, but they could make it a series if LeBron and AD go crazy. Maybe even Westbrook. But it's unlikely they would go far into the playoffs judging how they are playing right now and the quality of teams they would be facing potentially.

But I also think it shows how good the Clippers can be too. Despite missing their two stars, they can still be competitive and win some crazy games. I didn't think they can do it, but they amaze me. Give credit to Lue and the boys over there.

Spurs m8
01-31-2022, 06:35 AM
Considering the sheer ease of the Lakers schedule, their record is atrocious.

RRR3
01-31-2022, 07:52 AM
5-10 without LeBron. And they’re not that great when LeBron plays either (19-17) although obviously they’re much better.

FireDavidKahn
01-31-2022, 12:45 PM
Damn. Kawhi's team is stacked beyond belief.

Airupthere
01-31-2022, 12:46 PM
Bronball has worse effect on teamplay than we thought

3ba11
01-31-2022, 12:47 PM
5-10 without LeBron. And they’re not that great when LeBron plays either (19-17) although obviously they’re much better.

Lebron won 60 games once from 11-17' (super-teams), so he almost always won far less games then expected, and we already know that he underachieves the preseason expectation more than anyone in history

lakerstekkenn
01-31-2022, 06:36 PM
The Clippers have the better coach, they play better team defense and both all-star players are out, the Lakers aren't playing team defense unlike their first year a different team that played better defense and had inside defense with shot blockers and rebounding this team has no inside defense nor shot blocking rebounders Howard is not used and there's nobody else to guard the rim and rebound Davis camps outside and so does James no inside defense or rebounding this worked two years ago because of the two big men camping on the inside guarding the rim and rebounding this allowed James and Davis to camp near the three point line and Davis at times to post up the inside rebounding was still there Davis and the other two big men could fight for rebounds if Davis shoots fadeaways two big men or one could rebound, now the Lakers are small with Davis and James at the three point line this won't work they need a trade to get athletic big men a center and a power forward that are young an athletic this solves the rebounding and inside shot blocking problems the interior defense is set now James and Davis can guard the three point line and sometimes help inside and rebounding and shot blocking the other players like Russell can guard the point and don't have to worry if their opponents get past them there's an inside presence also Davis and James could come and help outside defense pressure, until they fix this major problem the Lakers won't beat anybody even weak teams.

ImKobe
02-01-2022, 08:25 AM
Lakers traded all their depth & key defensive players for a below All-Star level player. Clippers damn near made the Finals without Kawhi so it's no surprise they're still decent without him and even with George being injured as well.

coastalmarker99
02-01-2022, 08:31 AM
Lakers traded all their depth & key defensive players for a below All-Star level player. Clippers damn near made the Finals without Kawhi so it's no surprise they're still decent without him and even with George being injured as well.

That Westbrook move might be the worst trade in the entire history of the Lakers.

Giving up a first and all of our key defensive players from our title run for a stat-padding bum who is on over 40 million is just disgusting.

And don't even get me started about us paying that ****ing bum THT who can't hit an open jump shot to save his life 10 million dollars a season.

Also for the record, I want the Lakers to trade Lebron and AD and go into rebuilding mode again as our window to win more titles has been slammed shut.

Full Court
02-01-2022, 12:08 PM
That Westbrook move might be the worst trade in the entire history of the Lakers.

Giving up a first and all of our key defensive players from our title run for a stat-padding bum who is on over 40 million is just disgusting.

And don't even get me started about us paying that ****ing bum THT who can't hit an open jump shot to save his life 10 million dollars a season.

Also for the record, I want the Lakers to trade Lebron and AD and go into rebuilding mode again as our window to win more titles has been slammed shut.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but to be fair, THT did look very promising last year. I don't think anyone expected him to degrade this much this year.