PDA

View Full Version : why is Joel Martin Luther III "way ahead" in the MVP race over Nazi skinhead Jokic

HunterSThompson
01-31-2022, 03:40 AM
https://i.ibb.co/jLRswc0/Screen-Shot-2022-01-31-at-2-32-47-AM.png

76ers: 30-19
Nuggets: 28-21

is 2 more wins really putting embiid ahead of Jokic when the 76ers got 3 of them with Embiid sitting

the nuggets have 1 win without jokic btw

can they at least call it a 2 horse race ffs

Akeem34TheDream
01-31-2022, 04:09 AM
I think Jokic is leading the race atm. The only reason to have Embiid in front is his team being at 3rd seed and Nuggets are 5th seed rn.

fourkicks44
01-31-2022, 06:07 AM
I will ignore the stupidity of the title for a moment :facepalm

Legitimately nobody that matters has said that.

Even NBA.com has Jokic at number 1.

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-mvp-ladder-jan-28-edition

John8204
01-31-2022, 07:37 AM
I don't see why Jokic who is not in first place deserves a second MVP...frankly Joel doesn't deserve it either.

Full Court
01-31-2022, 11:09 AM
:biggums:

Where are you getting that Embiid is "way ahead"?

And from the stat lines you posted, both look MVP-worthy to me, depending how their teams end up.

And it shouldn't be a two-horse race. DeRozan, Morant, and Butler should be in the conversation too.

ShawkFactory
01-31-2022, 11:16 AM
Are you implying that Jokic, who literally won the MVP a few months ago, isn't getting his due MVP consideration because he's white?

HunterSThompson
01-31-2022, 11:54 AM
Are you implying that Jokic, who literally won the MVP a few months ago, isn't getting his due MVP consideration because he's white?

yes. they wanted to give embiid mvp over him while missing like 25 games and jokic missing none while also playing better. it shouldn't even have been a debate

curry was another front runner last year and woulda won the award if the warriors won that play in tournament

highwhey
01-31-2022, 11:55 AM

OP is racist.

HunterSThompson
01-31-2022, 11:55 AM
:biggums:

Where are you getting that Embiid is "way ahead"?

And from the stat lines you posted, both look MVP-worthy to me, depending how their teams end up.

And it shouldn't be a two-horse race. DeRozan, Morant, and Butler should be in the conversation too.

literally every tnt and nba broadcast and on all the morning shows. its all curry/embiid/giannis talk

HunterSThompson
01-31-2022, 11:57 AM
OP is racist.

its not racist to call out people who blame an entire race or blackball an entire race.

I've never discriminated against a deserving black candidate for mvp. I've never wanted a black player to be held down so a white guy can succeed. but the reverse is done daily and has for many years now

Full Court
01-31-2022, 12:17 PM
its not racist to call out people who blame an entire race or blackball an entire race.

I've never discriminated against a deserving black candidate for mvp. I've never wanted a black player to be held down so a white guy can succeed. but the reverse is done daily and has for many years now

So how do you explain Jokic getting MVP last year?

HunterSThompson
01-31-2022, 12:32 PM
So how do you explain Jokic getting MVP last year?

they fought that selection to the bitter end and you know it

literally every other player was considered but the league was full of injuries and the only 2 other candidates left standing at the end was an 8th seeded curry and embiid who missed like 40% of the season

and they literally woulda gave it to embiid if he "ONLY" missed 25 games instead of 31 lol

and curry was basically ahead of jokic till he lost the play in tournament and missed the playoffs

Full Court
01-31-2022, 12:37 PM
they fought that selection to the bitter end and you know it

literally every other player was considered but the league was full of injuries and the only 2 other candidates left standing at the end was an 8th seeded curry and embiid who missed like 40% of the season

and they literally woulda gave it to embiid if he "ONLY" missed 25 games instead of 31 lol

and curry was basically ahead of jokic till he lost the play in tournament and missed the playoffs

"They" who?

And they SHOULD consider every other player. Making the MVP selection a "two-horse race" is a travesty in my opinion.

Jokic still won though, so that doesn't help your case.

HunterSThompson
01-31-2022, 01:46 PM
"They" who?

And they SHOULD consider every other player. Making the MVP selection a "two-horse race" is a travesty in my opinion.

Jokic still won though, so that doesn't help your case.

you're not using your brain. here let me dumb it down for you

remember kobe bryant? and how the media never wanted to give him an MVP but had to in 2008. well thats because their horse for the award got hurt and only played 71 games while also dipping statistically. the media wanted garnett to win the award and then flipped onto a chris paul push. but he lost the mvp showdown game so they had to give it to kobe since he never won and even their poster boy lebron james demanded it happen before he win the award. kobe even had the #1 seed and gasol wasn't an allstar that year while david west was. and kobe went to the finals and paul flamed out. yet even many years later people still say the better statistical player shoulda won ( like wtf if it was about stats why is kobe finishing 5th in 2006 ) ... and 2008 was a down year for the cavs so the media had to wait a year before making that push. other big names like shaq and duncan had slipped and who else was there really? melo?

the media always has an agenda and in 2005 and 2006 it was to get a white guy the award. but in todays political climate with the progressive liberal blm stuff they can't

remember when kyrie irving came out and said jerry west shouldn't be the nba logo anymore cause it doesn't represent todays black culture and they run the league. no backlash. nobody cared. a comment like that got donald sterling banned for life

you can't say that jokic winning the award by default last year because the other 2 candidates shit the bed at the end of the year is proof that theres no bias. the bias was there even being a discussion for 2 other guys. and the bias this year is jokic being left out of the discussion. embiid or giannis will win this award 100% while jokic has been slightly ahead of both all year. i guarantee it. it would take both men missing every game from here on out for jokic to be named back to back mvp. they simply can't afford to make a white guy the face of the league right now.

just look at how they've written off luka. a guy whos averaging 26/9/9 and has the mavs rolling right now. hes been great and the tnt crew jumped out of their seats celebrating him being passed on for ja morant and curry for the allstar game starting spots

they want the white stars all out of the league. its more than obvious. remember stephen a smith trashing luka and porzingis when they were drafted. him trashing steve nash being hired to coach brooklyn and saying its white privilege. like nash isnt one of the smartest basketball minds ever lol... he would rather a dumbass like patrick ewing get the job

to ignore all these cases of bias by the voters and media is just silly. theres obvious political agendas going on

Full Court
01-31-2022, 01:49 PM
you're not using your brain. here let me dumb it down for you

remember kobe bryant? and how the media never wanted to give him an MVP but had to in 2008. well thats because their horse for the award got hurt and only played 71 games while also dipping statistically. the media wanted garnett to win the award and then flipped onto a chris paul push. but he lost the mvp showdown game so they had to give it to kobe since he never won and even their poster boy lebron james demanded it happen before he win the award. kobe even had the #1 seed and gasol wasn't an allstar that year while david west was. and kobe went to the finals and paul flamed out. yet even many years later people still say the better statistical player shoulda won ( like wtf if it was about stats why is kobe finishing 5th in 2006 ) ... and 2008 was a down year for the cavs so the media had to wait a year before making that push. other big names like shaq and duncan had slipped and who else was there really? melo?

the media always has an agenda and in 2005 and 2006 it was to get a white guy the award. but in todays political climate with the progressive liberal blm stuff they can't

remember when kyrie irving came out and said jerry west shouldn't be the nba logo anymore cause it doesn't represent todays black culture and they run the league. no backlash. nobody cared. a comment like that got donald sterling banned for life

you can't say that jokic winning the award by default last year because the other 2 candidates shit the bed at the end of the year is proof that theres no bias. the bias was there even being a discussion for 2 other guys. and the bias this year is jokic being left out of the discussion. embiid or giannis will win this award 100% while jokic has been slightly ahead of both all year. i guarantee it. it would take both men missing every game from here on out for jokic to be named back to back mvp. they simply can't afford to make a white guy the face of the league right now.

just look at how they've written off luka. a guy whos averaging 26/9/9 and has the mavs rolling right now. hes been great and the tnt crew jumped out of their seats celebrating him being passed on for ja morant and curry for the allstar game starting spots

they want the white stars all out of the league. its more than obvious. remember stephen a smith trashing luka and porzingis when they were drafted. him trashing steve nash being hired to coach brooklyn and saying its white privilege. like nash isnt one of the smartest basketball minds ever lol... he would rather a dumbass like patrick ewing get the job

to ignore all these cases of bias by the voters and media is just silly. theres obvious political agendas going on

Stephen A. Smith is an idiot. I doubt he has much influence in picking the MVP.

The fact remains that Jokic won it last year. And if Embiid does win it this year, its silly to call it a robbery. It could reasonably go to him or Jokic.

HunterSThompson
01-31-2022, 01:59 PM
Stephen A. Smith is an idiot. I doubt he has much influence in picking the MVP.

The fact remains that Jokic won it last year. And if Embiid does win it this year, its silly to call it a robbery. It could reasonably go to him or Jokic.

i didn't say it would be a robbery. but if the vote is like 99% first place votes going to embiid then its definitely agenda bias towards a black player winning it. the vote should be like 40% jokic, 45% embiid, 15% giannis at the absolute worst

personally however right now it should be like 50% jokic, 30% embiid, 20% giannis

jokic is just simply out performing both other guys with a similar record.

and yes morning shows with guys like stephen a smith, nick wright, colin cowherd, skip bayless, shannon sharpe and others ( narrative agenda pushers ) do have a lot of influence on how the voters pick guys. they mostly come up with a common opinion at the end of the year so the winner is determined by them and not by chance. they wanna say they voted for the winner. they all talk to each other and come to a common agreement on who should win it. a lot of it has to do with who gives the best interviews/info to them and whos respectful to them, gives them their credit/respect etc... guys who show no love to the media rarely get awards... see kobe/shaq/durant

ShawkFactory
01-31-2022, 02:09 PM
First place MVP votes last year:

Jokic- 91

Embiid- 1

What are we talking about...

Full Court
01-31-2022, 02:15 PM
i didn't say it would be a robbery. but if the vote is like 99% first place votes going to embiid then its definitely agenda bias towards a black player winning it. the vote should be like 40% jokic, 45% embiid, 15% giannis at the absolute worst

personally however right now it should be like 50% jokic, 30% embiid, 20% giannis

jokic is just simply out performing both other guys with a similar record.

and yes morning shows with guys like stephen a smith, nick wright, colin cowherd, skip bayless, shannon sharpe and others ( narrative agenda pushers ) do have a lot of influence on how the voters pick guys. they mostly come up with a common opinion at the end of the year so the winner is determined by them and not by chance. they wanna say they voted for the winner. they all talk to each other and come to a common agreement on who should win it. a lot of it has to do with who gives the best interviews/info to them and whos respectful to them, gives them their credit/respect etc... guys who show no love to the media rarely get awards... see kobe/shaq/durant

Did I miss something? I mean that as an honest question, because I didn't think any voting had been done yet?

If Embiid atcually gets 99% of the vote, then maybe we have something to discuss. But there's no way that's going to happen. This is what I'm looking at:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/mvp.html

With Jokic being the favorite. I'm more concerned about Morant not getting his due than Jokic getting snubbed.

StrongLurk
01-31-2022, 03:35 PM
I'm taking Jokic over anyone in league for offense right now. Dude is insane, like the Magic Johnson of Centers.