PDA

View Full Version : How is Kyrie consistently able to make teams play worse with him than without him?

TheGoatest
02-02-2022, 08:54 AM
It really is astonishing.

The Nets this season with him: 4-5
The Nets this season without him: 25-16

2017-18 Celtics without him: 1 game away from making the NBA finals
2018-19 Celtics with him: backdoor swept in the 2nd round with Kyrie averaging 20.4 on .356 shooting
2019-20 Celtics without him: 2 games away from making the NBA finals

Winning a chip with this guy as your #2 is one of the great accomplishments in the history of basketball. Winning a chip with this guy as your #2 against a 73-9 team is THE greatest accomplishment in the history of basketball.

warriorfan
02-02-2022, 09:10 AM
You consistently makes this forum worse.

Axe
02-02-2022, 09:22 AM
Would westbrook make the finals in a laker uniform? Seems doubtful.

Akeem34TheDream
02-02-2022, 10:48 AM
By making Game 7 winning shots

1987_Lakers
02-02-2022, 10:55 AM
He's strictly a scorer. Can't play defense, doesn't have leadership skills, & not known for making his teammates better. It's already been proven he's a great #2, but not a guy you would want as your best player if you are trying to win.

tpols
02-02-2022, 11:01 AM
Since kyrie came back, hardens gone out, Durant gone out... even (old) LMA got hurt. So his 2nd option is basically patty mills who I like but the Nets have zero star support around him right now. Brown, Claxton, mills and that one tall Lightskin guy dont know his name. To be almost .500 with that is actually a miracle. Lebron couldn't do that.

Add to the fact he only plays in tough road games and in the words of nasir jones "it ain't hard to tell..."

Use your brain fella. The context is crystal clear.

1987_Lakers
02-02-2022, 11:13 AM
Since kyrie came back, hardens gone out, Durant gone out... even (old) LMA got hurt. So his 2nd option is basically patty mills who I like but the Nets have zero star support around him right now. Brown, Claxton, mills and that one tall Lightskin guy dont know his name. To be almost .500 with that is actually a miracle. Lebron couldn't do that.

Add to the fact he only plays in tough road games and in the words of nasir jones "it ain't hard to tell..."

Use your brain fella. The context is crystal clear.

So he needs MVP players to win, got it.

tpols
02-02-2022, 12:24 PM
So he needs MVP players to win, got it.

He needs... better than patty mills as a 2nd option. Literally Jordan or Wilt or any GOAT level player would too. And mills is nice but he's a high level role player.

Last game I watched kyrie hang 30/7/7 out playing klay and curry combined and almost single handedly won the Nets the game but when its 3 All Stars vs 1 the odds are stacked against him.

RogueBorg
02-02-2022, 12:25 PM
Why is Lebron hiding in the stands on this play?

https://c.tenor.com/X8Yg1MK3fEAAAAAM/kyrie-irving.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DefenselessPleasantAtlasmoth-size_restricted.gif

RogueBorg
02-02-2022, 12:29 PM

Even that Beta Pippen wanted the ball the last 1.8 seconds back in '94. Lebron wanted nothing to do with the ball at that moment. Betapippen>>>BetaLebron

TheGoatest
02-03-2022, 03:10 AM
Chalk up another thick, juicy Kyrie-inflicted L for the Nets. :oldlol:

Holy shit, this guy sucks. :roll:

TheGoatest
02-05-2022, 03:51 AM
https://c.tenor.com/a4yDwGZk4k4AAAAC/dj-khaled-another-one.gif

On an efficient 6-20 shooting night too.

RRR3
02-05-2022, 03:54 AM
I think it’s because his teammates can’t stand him and he kills the locker room with his nonsense. He’s a similar player to Damian Lillard but Lillard’s teams always do better when he plays, as opposed to Kyrie’s whose teams have been the same or better without him every year since 2017. It’s not about how good of a player he is because he’s really good obviously but he just has a cancerous effect on a team due to his shenanigans.

ImKobe
02-05-2022, 04:12 AM
So it's Kyrie making the Nets worse, not that KD and Harden have been injured/out in these games? OP and the people who feed into this narrative are either complete trolls or have room temperature IQ.

Spurs m8
02-05-2022, 03:11 PM

PRAYING Kyrie doesn't pass it to him

Ready to pass it straight back, if he does

Manny98
02-05-2022, 03:36 PM

Greatest play in Sports history

Haters fuming!

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2022, 05:31 PM
Have you used your brain and looked at who he played with?

TheGoatest
02-06-2022, 08:12 PM
https://c.tenor.com/a4yDwGZk4k4AAAAC/dj-khaled-another-one.gif

Jasper
02-06-2022, 08:39 PM
It really is astonishing.

The Nets this season with him: 4-5
The Nets this season without him: 25-16

2017-18 Celtics without him: 1 game away from making the NBA finals
2018-19 Celtics with him: backdoor swept in the 2nd round with Kyrie averaging 20.4 on .356 shooting
2019-20 Celtics without him: 2 games away from making the NBA finals

Winning a chip with this guy as your #2 is one of the great accomplishments in the history of basketball. Winning a chip with this guy as your #2 against a 73-9 team is THE greatest accomplishment in the history of basketball.

needless to say we all can agree as the pro' s do that Kyrie is a vey talented offensive player.
he reminds me to some degree of Earl the Pearl Monroe.
But the difference is that the pearl worked in what ever system he was in , and his teams did well (bullets, Knicks)

Kyrie has a trend to basically play 1 on 1,2,3 and take the shoot. (pretty much like Kobe)

Hey Yo
02-06-2022, 08:46 PM
So it's Kyrie making the Nets worse, not that KD and Harden have been injured/out in these games? OP and the people who feed into this narrative are either complete trolls or have room temperature IQ.

So now injuries and context matters all of a sudden??

ShawkFactory
02-06-2022, 08:47 PM
Kyrie is an x-factor. Not a guy who's going to carry a team or do the little things.

This is known.

TheGoatest
02-06-2022, 08:50 PM
Kyrie is an x-factor. Not a guy who's going to carry a team or do the little things.

This is known.

He was definitely supposed to be the man with the Celtics. After he left the Cavs, he ended up on the best possible team where he was able to be the man when he ended up on the Celtics, even though he deserved much worse. And he failed miserably.

FireDavidKahn
02-06-2022, 10:01 PM
No LeBron = lottery player
With LeBRon = NBA champion

Manny98
02-07-2022, 06:46 AM
So now injuries and context matters all of a sudden??
When has context not mattered.

The same Bron stans who want to come up with 99 excuses for his losses in the finals want to bash Kyrie for losing despite the team being crippled with injuries and Kyrie is still not in proper game shape due to recovery from a ankle injury over the summer and only recently just getting back onto the court :facepalm

TheGoatest
02-07-2022, 07:38 AM
When has context not mattered.

Yeah, "context" is all you LeBron haters think of when you post your lame-ass "4/10". :oldlol:
The difference between what happened to the Celtics in 2017-18 and 2018-19 makes Kyrie look even WORSE when you consider the context: In 2018 they were one game away from the NBA finals entirely without him. In 2019 they got backdoor swept in the 2nd round with him, while he was averaging 20.4 on .356. Context only adds fuel to the fire here.

Manny98
02-07-2022, 07:43 AM
Yeah, "context" is all you LeBron haters think of when you post your lame-ass "4/10". :oldlol:
The difference between what happened to the Celtics in 2017-18 and 2018-19 makes Kyrie look even WORSE when you consider the context: In 2018 they were one game away from the NBA finals entirely without him. In 2019 they got backdoor swept in the 2nd round with him, while he was averaging 20.4 on .356. Context only adds fuel to the fire here.
Again if you apply CONTEXT they had a pretty easy path to the conference finals in 2018 and didn't bump into a team close to as good as the 2019 Bucks you stupid ****ing moron :facepalm

And lol at calling me a LeBron hater when I literally have him top 2 all time. Just because I don't gargle his *** 24/7 like you do doesn't make me a hater

TheGoatest
02-07-2022, 08:12 AM
Again if you apply CONTEXT they had a pretty easy path to the conference finals in 2018 and didn't bump into a team close to as good as the 2019 Bucks you stupid ****ing moron :facepalm

And lol at calling me a LeBron hater when I literally have him top 2 all time. Just because I don't gargle his *** 24/7 like you do doesn't make me a hater

Yeah, those 2019 Bucks sure were mighty. Surely they didn't lose in the very next round after beating Kyrie, did they?
And let me guess - the 2018 Bucks who the Celtics beat entirely without Kyrie despite Giannis averaging 26/10/6 on 57% shooting and Middleton averaging 25/5/3 on 60% - now those Bucks sucked, right?

Time for some heavy duty turd-polishing again. :oldlol:

Manny98
02-07-2022, 08:36 AM
They lost to the eventual champions retard

The 2019 Bucks were the best regular season team in the NBA and favorites to go to the finals

The 2018 Bucks were barely a playoff team

Context only seems to matter when it fits your dumb troll agenda

TheGoatest
02-07-2022, 08:49 AM
The 2019 Bucks had the exact same record as the 2015 Hawks, who were swept with Kyrie sitting out half the series and averaging 13 points in the other half. :oldlol:
They lost to the eventual champions who won because of multiple injuries while offering less resistance than the 51 win Sixers.

Yes, more context please. :oldlol:

Manny98
02-07-2022, 10:53 AM
The 2019 Bucks had the exact same record as the 2015 Hawks, who were swept with Kyrie sitting out half the series and averaging 13 points in the other half. :oldlol:
They lost to the eventual champions who won because of multiple injuries while offering less resistance than the 51 win Sixers.

Yes, more context please. :oldlol:
What a stupid comparison that Hawks team was no where near as good as the Bucks who were lead by the league MVP

And what has that even got to do with Kyrie"making teams worse"

At least make sense with your arguments

TheGoatest
02-07-2022, 12:59 PM
What a stupid comparison that Hawks team was no where near as good as the Bucks who were lead by the league MVP

And what has that even got to do with Kyrie"making teams worse"

At least make sense with your arguments

First it was "He lost because he ran into the Bucks".
Then it was "He lost because he ran into the Bucks with the best record".
Now it's "He lost because he ran into the Bucks with the best record and the MVP."

You must get some serious exercise with that goal post moving. :oldlol:

Manny98
02-07-2022, 01:29 PM
How is that moving goalposts I have literally kept the same argument that the 2019 Bucks were vastly superior to the 2018 Bucks

You haven't made a single valid argument in this thread, typical for a troll

Go back to slobbering LeBrons nuts as it's the only thing you're good for

TheGoatest
02-07-2022, 01:41 PM
In 2018 the Bucks lost in the first round against the Kyrie-less Celtics.
In 2020 the Bucks were nearly swept in the second round by the Heat.
But we're supposed to believe that the 2019 Bucks were some unbeatable juggernaut? :oldlol:

I wish I could say that you were good at slobbering Kyrie's nuts, but you can't provide any arguments that hold weight in favor of him. :oldlol:

Manny98
02-07-2022, 01:59 PM
What has the 2020 Bucks got to do with your original argument stop bringing up shit that's completely unrelated :facepalm

Why didn't the Cavs win in 2015 or 2018 without Kyrie since teams play so much better without him

Why do you Bron stans constantly bring up the fact he would have won in 2015 if he had Kyrie yet at the same time sit up and say that Kyrie makes teams worse? It's either one or the other

You are a walking contradiction :oldlol:

Vino24
02-07-2022, 02:04 PM
Kyrie is in season 3 (2nd season with Durant and Harden) and still has nothing to show for the Nets

TheGoatest
02-07-2022, 07:08 PM
What has the 2020 Bucks got to do with your original argument stop bringing up shit that's completely unrelated :facepalm

Why didn't the Cavs win in 2015 or 2018 without Kyrie since teams play so much better without him

Why do you Bron stans constantly bring up the fact he would have won in 2015 if he had Kyrie yet at the same time sit up and say that Kyrie makes teams worse? It's either one or the other

You are a walking contradiction :oldlol:

The 2020 Bucks also had the best record in the NBA (even better than the 2019 ones). The 2020 Bucks also had MVP Giannis (who was also DPOY unlike 2019). They were easily beaten in the 2nd round.

LeBron beating a 73-9 team with Kyrie is mentioned because it is a fact that teams have done better without Kyrie than with him since he left the Cavs, hence making the 2016 championships look even more impressive in retrospect. Them not winning without him in 2015 and 2018 (or with him in 2017) doesn't make this feat less impressive.

Why is the one season where Kyrie was healthy sandwiched between two seasons where the Celtics did better without him?

You're a desperate fact dodger. :oldlol:

Manny98
02-07-2022, 07:22 PM
Does Kyrie make teams better or worse?

If he does then LeBron should have been able to win in 2015 and 2018 right?

Well then STFU you're arguments are shit wave the white flag and go back to gargling LeBrons ***

Literally can't name a single example of a team actually being better without Kyrie yet all I need to do is point to how LeBron got destroyed in 2015 without Kyrie yet beat a 73 win team with Kyrie averaging almost 30pog and outplaying the unanimous MVP

I am done toying with you, call your other alts for backup because you have backed yourself into a corner
https://media.giphy.com/media/TGP2OlbTirYXu/giphy.gif

SATAN
02-07-2022, 07:39 PM
What a meltdown :oldlol:

Manny98
02-07-2022, 08:11 PM
What a meltdown :oldlol:

Oh look here comes the backup :oldlol:

Bring it on I will take on the entire Bron fam

https://i.postimg.cc/Yq8snTxK/gogeta-bringit.gif

TheGoatest
02-07-2022, 08:42 PM
Does Kyrie make teams better or worse?

If he does then LeBron should have been able to win in 2015 and 2018 right?

Well then STFU you're arguments are shit wave the white flag and go back to gargling LeBrons ***

Literally can't name a single example of a team actually being better without Kyrie yet all I need to do is point to how LeBron got destroyed in 2015 without Kyrie yet beat a 73 win team with Kyrie averaging almost 30pog and outplaying the unanimous MVP

I am done toying with you, call your other alts for backup because you have backed yourself into a corner
https://media.giphy.com/media/TGP2OlbTirYXu/giphy.gif

It is a fact that teams have done worse with Kyrie than without him. It isn't even my opinion.
Once again, LeBron overcoming the handicap of playing with a player who makes teams worse and beating a 73-9 team counts as a plus more than him not winning with clearly inferior supporting casts (with or without Kyrie) to his opposition in 2015 and 2018 counts as a minus.

You're dodging facts like:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CrazySpanishCero-size_restricted.gif

:oldlol:

Manny98
02-07-2022, 09:12 PM
LeBron without Kyrie in 2015 = loss
LeBron with Kyrie in 2016 against the exact same team but even better = win

Bron stans - Kyrie makes teams worse

Also Bron stans - Cavs would have won in 2015 if Kyrie played

You're a walking contradiction, next you're not worthy of my acknowledgement

TheGoatest
02-08-2022, 06:17 AM
Yes, you said that you were done with me in your previous post, before you replied again

LeBron beating a 73-9 team with a player whose teams since have done better without him than with him (indisputable FACT) = most impressive accomplishment in the history of sports

Jasper
02-08-2022, 11:10 PM
I posted a comment on this thread already , but as Kyrie is listed as a PG , his average of assists are less than Harden's.

just saying