PDA

View Full Version : Why would the Lakers need to appease Lebron?

nineiron
02-03-2022, 02:52 PM
i hear talks about "getting the right pieces for Lebron". why?

he's not a proven winner. he's lost more times than he's won.

it's clear he's not a proven winner, so why bother blowing up your franchise to appease this fool?

they should be appeasing AD. he's the one that's going to give the franchise a fighting chance.

Spurs m8
02-03-2022, 03:13 PM
You'd think they would have learned from the way he leaves franchises in the dirt, when he runs away.

I guess he brings in money, through casual fans

And the NBA have always made sure he's looked after...

Nothing is organic about him...everything is a fraud

nineiron
02-03-2022, 03:28 PM
You'd think they would have learned from the way he leaves franchises in the dirt, when he runs away.

I guess he brings in money, through casual fans

And the NBA have always made sure he's looked after...

Nothing is organic about him...everything is a fraud

yeah, i can't imagine he has fans that actually know anything about basketball.

mostly just overweight nerds who think he's the best because of his size.

bullettooth
02-03-2022, 03:30 PM
Lakers are better off just trading HIM instead.

nineiron
02-03-2022, 03:34 PM
Lakers are better off just trading HIM instead.

agreed. this would be the smartest thing to do.

Real Men Wear Green
02-03-2022, 03:40 PM
If a four-time champion is not a "proven winner" then there is no such thing as a winner.

FKAri
02-03-2022, 03:40 PM
Because I think he literally owns the team.

Lebron23
02-03-2022, 03:43 PM
If a four-time champion is not a "proven winner" then there is no such thing as a winner.

OP literally works at Burger King

SouBeachTalents
02-03-2022, 03:52 PM
Please, you think Joe Montana & Wayne Gretzky were considered "proven winners"? FOH

nineiron
02-03-2022, 03:52 PM

how about a 6 time loser?

losing more times than you win = loser.

nineiron
02-03-2022, 03:55 PM
Please, you think Joe Montana & Wayne Gretzky were considered "proven winners"? FOH

you think the potential impact of 1 player in hockey or football = the potential impact of 1 player in basketball?

SouBeachTalents
02-03-2022, 03:55 PM
Exactly

LeBron- 6 time loser
KAT- 0 time loser

nineiron
02-03-2022, 03:57 PM
Exactly

LeBron- 6 time loser
KAT- 0 time loser

exactly.

if Wade and Bosh had KAT instead of Lebum in 2011, they wouldn't have lost to the Mavs.

Lebron23
02-03-2022, 04:20 PM

LeBron is a superior player than the late Kobe Bryant.

Lebron23
02-03-2022, 04:20 PM
exactly.

if Wade and Bosh had KAT instead of Lebum in 2011, they wouldn't have lost to the Mavs.

Kobe and the Lakers also lost to the Mavs in 2011. https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2011.html

Dallas swept them.

Johnny32
02-03-2022, 04:22 PM

indeed. it's never been close.

nineiron
02-03-2022, 04:30 PM

Kobe and the Lakers also lost to the Mavs in 2011. https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2011.html

Dallas swept them.

it's funny how bran stans now like to compare Lebald to Kobe, when they've never considered Kobe as top 10.

Lebron23
02-03-2022, 04:41 PM
it's funny how bran stans now like to compare Lebald to Kobe, when they've never considered Kobe as top 10.

In your delusional mind he is a top 5 nba player. In reality Kobe is a borderline Top 10 just like Hakeem Olajuwon.

Spurs m8
02-03-2022, 04:54 PM

I guess people aren't impressed by someone who needs top tier help and a lot of cherry picked pieces to be a 'proven winner'

And then someone who runs away once that team is being destroyed.

A lot of that also has to do with the self proclaiming of being the goat...when it's clear he needed all that help.
Plus always taking all the credit

Maybe if he was humble, he'd maybe get away with needing all the help

Phoenix
02-03-2022, 05:21 PM

You do realize that it's too easy for someone to counter that by saying this applies to every great player, asides from Bill Russell? Every year you fail to win the championship, regardless of the point of 'failure' ( lottery team, early round exits, finals loss) is a lost season, especially when talking about the greats. The upper echelon very likely doesn't consider the season a success if they got bounced in the conference finals, because you only get to the absolute peak of your craft by being obsessed with winning, and anything but winning is failure. Probably sounds a bit too absolute, but I'm willing to bet that's how most GOAT level players think, in any sport.

GrayGoat
02-03-2022, 05:26 PM
Imagine hating winning

nineiron
02-03-2022, 05:45 PM

You do realize that it's too easy for someone to counter that by saying this applies to every great player, asides from Bill Russell? Every year you fail to win the championship, regardless of the point of 'failure' ( lottery team, early round exits, finals loss) is a lost season, especially when talking about the greats. The upper echelon very likely doesn't consider the season a success if they got bounced in the conference finals, because you only get to the absolute peak of your craft by being obsessed with winning, and anything but winning is failure. Probably sounds a bit too absolute, but I'm willing to bet that's how most GOAT level players think, in any sport.

first off, it's already been established that Lebron benefited from playing in a ridiculously weak conference (at the time) for the majority of his career. if he played in the West, he may have never reached an NBA finals.

secondly, if you want to look at it another way. Lebron has 4 rings in 19 seasons. MJ has 6 in 15 seasons. Curry has 3 rings in 13 seasons. Kobe has 5 rings in 20 seasons. Tim Duncan has 5 rings in 19 seasons.

but out of all the players above, only Lebron has lost more times in the finals than he's won. Lebron = loser

anyway you look at it,

Phoenix
02-03-2022, 06:02 PM
first off, it's already been established that Lebron benefited from playing in a ridiculously weak conference (at the time) for the majority of his career. if he played in the West, he may have never reached an NBA finals.

secondly, if you want to look at it another way. Lebron has 4 rings in 19 seasons. MJ has 6 in 15 seasons. Curry has 3 rings in 13 seasons. Kobe has 5 rings in 20 seasons. Tim Duncan has 5 rings in 19 seasons.

but out of all the players above, only Lebron has lost more times in the finals than he's won. Lebron = loser

anyway you look at it,

Nah, I don't want to look at it another way. The only historically great player who won the majority of seasons he played is Bill Russell. You think MJ considers the 9 years he didn't get a ring a 'win'? You think he sat in the lockerroom after all those Pistons defeats thinking 'yep....WINNING!'. You don't get to that level of success by rationalizing losing as something else other than losing.

Everyone but Russell, regardless of whether they have a winning finals record or not, have more seasons they didn't win. Ergo, they lost. For the record, I actually don't look at this issue through that absolute lense, but it seems like a reasonable counter to your logic hence me saying it would be easy enough for someone to retort. It's not a particularly great argument.....3ball would lick your nuts over it, as would Kenny and a few others. Otherwise it's a pretty silly take.

FireDavidKahn
02-03-2022, 06:23 PM
They should have kept Caruso like LeBron wanted.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKrwoBvWUAQJzHQ?format=jpg&name=large

Real Men Wear Green
02-03-2022, 07:08 PM

Them the only winner is Russell. Kobe Bryant normally didn't make the finals because they got eliminated in an earlier round. Those losses don't count?

Real Men Wear Green
02-03-2022, 07:11 PM
I guess people aren't impressed by someone who needs top tier help and a lot of cherry picked pieces to be a 'proven winner'

And then someone who runs away once that team is being destroyed.

A lot of that also has to do with the self proclaiming of being the goat...when it's clear he needed all that help.
Plus always taking all the credit

Maybe if he was humble, he'd maybe get away with needing all the help

No one wins multiple championships without several great teammates. You are just mad that James didn't wait for the team he was on top inputting itself. I wish he was more competitive in that reheated but it doesn't make his championships any less noteworthy.

John8204
02-03-2022, 07:27 PM
Man people really love dunking on Dirk..the guy's part of the 30K club.

As for why The Lakers need to appease Lebron..you think they want to build around Davis and Westbrook

GrayGoat
02-03-2022, 07:48 PM
Man people really love dunking on Dirk..the guy's part of the 30K club.

As for why The Lakers need to appease Lebron..you think they want to build around Davis and Westbrook

They were supposed to build around budding stars Kuzma and Ingraham

Thenameless
02-03-2022, 08:41 PM
They were supposed to build around budding stars Kuzma and Ingraham

No they weren't. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. Take out the garbage, bring in Lebron and AD, and win a Championship.

GrayGoat
02-03-2022, 08:49 PM
No they weren't. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. Take out the garbage, bring in Lebron and AD, and win a Championship.

I was just quoting LeHaters