PDA

View Full Version : Report: There is optimism LeBron James could return in a few days

Lebron23
02-04-2022, 02:50 AM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/nSvD5ZyaRe_Zm_kvqZSaE12UwHA=/0x0:3635x2644/920x613/filters:focal(668x231:1248x811):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/70468843/1367689154.0.jpg

As he continues to deal with a lingering knee issue, LeBron James is set to miss his fifth-straight game on Thursday against the Clippers, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic. The good news, though, is that this is still not expected to be a long-term injury for the Lakers star.

Appearing on Bally Sports’ “The Rally,” Charania detailed where James is at currently with his injury, and when he may return.

“LeBron James is going to continue to manage that knee injury. He’s dealing with a level of irritation, I’m told. So, it’ll be a day-to-day treatment, managing program that LeBron James will have. He’s expected to miss his fifth straight game on the road... he’s officially listed as doubtful. And he’s going to continue to rehab over the next several days, continue to get treatment and the hope he is that he’s back the next few days, if not the next few games.”

James did not take part in the Lakers practice on Tuesday, nor their shootaround on Wednesday prior to their win over the Blazers.

Before the game, though, Vogel noted that James would be out, but that things were trending upward, which this update only further hints that he’s moving in the right direction:

RELATED

Medical Analysis: What could be causing LeBron James’ left knee soreness, and how concerning is it?
James took part in the Lakers’ game against the Nets on Tuesday, Jan. 25 but has not suited up since then. In his absence, the Lakers have struggled, losing the first three games without James before defeating Portland on Wednesday.

The Lakers’ current homestand offers the opportunity for James to continue to get treatment on his knee, which he has opted to do away from the team so far (with the team’s permission). James has not appeared on the sideline of either of the team’s last two games, having left the team’s road trip early while they played Atlanta to return to California for treatment on Sunday before receiving treatment elsewhere during the team’s game on Wednesday.

The team will not leave Los Angeles for a game until next Wednesday, Feb. 9, when they’ll go on a brief two-game road trip that will still keep them on the West Coast. The Lakers close out the pre-All-Star break portion of the schedule against Utah and the Clippers, giving James an extended amount of time in Los Angeles before the week-long break for the All-Star break.

Hopefully, all of that will provide ample time for James to get healthy and return to the court, where the team sorely needs the All-Star forward in order to make a run at getting out of the play-in game and securing their spot in the playoffs.

TheGoatest
02-04-2022, 03:31 AM
No team needs a single player like the Lakers need LeBron.
19-17 with him and 6-11 without him. :eek: What a difference maker in his 19th season at the age of 37.

Spurs m8
02-04-2022, 03:37 AM
Sounds about right....mid season PED work done

SATAN
02-04-2022, 04:10 AM
Reminds me of last season. Doubt he will be the same for the rest of the season if he's rushing back to drag these scrubs into the playoffs. Expecting a first round exit again.

Spurs m8
02-04-2022, 04:12 AM
Reminds me of last season. Doubt he will be the same for the rest of the season if he's rushing back to drag these scrubs into the playoffs. Expecting a first round exit again.

Lol you're so manipulative

SATAN
02-04-2022, 04:13 AM
Lol you're so manipulative

I was actually being serious.

Full Court
02-04-2022, 08:04 AM
No team needs a single player like the Lakers need LeBron.
19-17 with him and 6-11 without him. :eek: What a difference maker in his 19th season at the age of 37.

:roll:

Ok, look at which teams he got those 19 wins against. Here, I'll help you out.

Memphis (without Morant)
Cleveland
Houston
Houston
Detroit
Indiana
Detroit
Boston
Oklahoma
Orlando
Dallas
Houston
Portland
Minnesota
Sac
Altlanta
Brooklyn (without KD)

One good win in there (Dallas). I thinkTry to spin it however you want, but the truth remains...

No AD, no playoffs.

No Lebron, no difference.

nayte
02-04-2022, 08:11 AM
Where in that article did I read optimism. . All I read is its not expected to be long term and a bunch of hopefully. Not sure what I'm missing there

hold this L
02-04-2022, 09:06 AM

Getting those excuses out halfway into the season babyboi.

ImKobe
02-04-2022, 09:13 AM

Memphis (without Morant)
Cleveland
Houston
Houston
Detroit
Indiana
Detroit
Boston
Oklahoma
Orlando
Dallas
Houston
Portland
Minnesota
Sac
Altlanta
Brooklyn (without KD)

One good win in there (Dallas). I thinkTry to spin it however you want, but the truth remains...

No AD, no playoffs.

Dallas didn't have Doncic & they still needed an OT win so basically all these wins are really underwhelming. Bran can stuff the stat sheet against bad defenses (Lakers had the easiest 1st half schedule in the league IIRC) but the impact is no longer there as he only plays one side of the court.

FultzNationRISE
02-04-2022, 12:04 PM
HALLE ****ing LUJAH

expansionera
02-04-2022, 12:44 PM
LeBron will go down in history for what he did on the Lakers but their championship hopes died when they traded for $45mil over the hill-Brodie

red1
02-04-2022, 02:19 PM
if these morons get healthy they will still be a force. depth issues become less of a factor and westbrook is still a workhorse so no worries about him.

old man james and fragile anthony are going make a run as the season winds down. just watch.

Spurs m8
02-04-2022, 03:47 PM

Memphis (without Morant)
Cleveland
Houston
Houston
Detroit
Indiana
Detroit
Boston
Oklahoma
Orlando
Dallas
Houston
Portland
Minnesota
Sac
Altlanta
Brooklyn (without KD)

No AD, no playoffs.

Yep.

He didn't get a single impressive win

Was playing weak teams and players who aren't even in the NBA usually...here due to covid protocols

The games he was losing were really telling the picture, to top off the weak wins

No AD, no success out West.

No LeBron, No Difference

FultzNationRISE
02-04-2022, 04:46 PM
if these morons get healthy they will still be a force. depth issues become less of a factor and westbrook is still a workhorse so no worries about him.

old man james and fragile anthony are going make a run as the season winds down. just watch.

Bingo.

Full Court
02-04-2022, 09:09 PM
Remember when Brony was out with a sore tummy at the beginning of the season? You guys kept saying just wait till he comes back and puts the Lakers back on top of the West.

Ok, he was back for a few months. Lakers were around .500 when he came back, and they were around .500 when he went out the second time.

Same story again. "Just wait till he comes back!!!!"

Fool you twice, shame on you.

Axe
02-05-2022, 07:27 AM
Remember when Brony was out with a sore tummy at the beginning of the season? You guys kept saying just wait till he comes back and puts the Lakers back on top of the West.

Ok, he was back for a few months. Lakers were around .500 when he came back, and they were around .500 when he went out the second time.

Same story again. "Just wait till he comes back!!!!"

Fool you twice, shame on you.

Whatever he does, kong clearly triggers you a lot tho. :confusedshrug: