PDA

View Full Version : Luka is the mvp. it's official

HunterSThompson
02-05-2022, 01:42 AM
:bowdown:

highwhey
02-05-2022, 01:48 AM
you're baseball cards are from the swapmeet.

HunterSThompson
02-05-2022, 01:50 AM
since nobodies uploaded it yet. Luka basically did this

https://youtu.be/C4ch_QNEkus

ImKobe
02-05-2022, 01:51 AM
since nobodies uploaded it yet. Luka basically did this

https://youtu.be/C4ch_QNEkus

Don't disrespect Bean like that.

HunterSThompson
02-05-2022, 01:52 AM
you're baseball cards are from the swapmeet.

I'm acrually thinking of picking up Tony gwynn and Ricky Henderson rookies right now

HunterSThompson
02-05-2022, 01:53 AM
Don't disrespect Bean like that.

Luka Mamba

ImKobe
02-05-2022, 01:56 AM
Luka Mamba

He is the white GOAT but he's not on Kobe's level yet.

HunterSThompson
02-05-2022, 02:05 AM
its actually disgusting how much more valuable luka is than embiid lmao

RRR3
02-05-2022, 02:14 AM
its actually disgusting how much more valuable luka is than embiid lmao
Good god you are one of the stupidest people on the planet.

ImKobe
02-05-2022, 02:18 AM
33/13/15, Playoff Mode activated.

warriorfan
02-05-2022, 02:21 AM

wrong account bro

HunterSThompson
02-05-2022, 02:22 AM

nearly every single bucket the mavs score is a product of luka. embiid just stands around half the time when the 76ers are on offense. he reminds me of lebron in the 2011 finals. he doesn't know what to do.. hes a dominant big but he relies too much on his jumper sometimes. tonight is a clear example of him settling too much. a zone completely shut him down for a while. if you watched the game tonight you would see these things.

a big just isn't as valuable as a scoring play maker with the same scoring output. embiids defense is obviously better but he might block or change 5 to 10 shots a night inside. that isn't as impactful as Lukas playmaking. and it's not like lebrons stagnating shit. luka doesn't run the clock down to assure himself of the assist. he goes pretty quick to make sure the mavs can swing the ball for the absolute best open look.

SATAN
02-05-2022, 02:24 AM
If Luka wasn't white OP wouldn't have made this thread.

HunterSThompson
02-05-2022, 02:33 AM

yeah like how I backed Steve Nash for mvp in 06 over kobe.

and how I was a huge mark mcgwire fan in the 90s and hated ken griffey jr

or how I was the biggest hater of durant and kawhi the past decade and instead cheered for kevin love

I also just said I was about to buy a wade boggs and George Brett rookies ITT and not Tony gwynn and Ricky Henderson.

oh yeah and I totally didn't say Lawrence Taylor, Jim Brown and Jerry Rice are ahead of Tom brady all time.

also didn't recently say im in love with Candace owens

I'm sooooo racist. I can't just hate liberal hoodrat gangster entitled thug criminals that blame white people for their problems and burn cities to the ground. ooohhh noooooo. that's wacistd

Gotterdammerung
02-05-2022, 02:43 AM
Luka Doncic played well tonight, a dominant performance.

But he wasn't always like this for the majority of this season - in which he came in out of weight, playing ineffective as well as ineffectual.

Whereas Embiid looked tired tonight, settling for a lot of jumpers instead of bullying inside.
However, he has been a lot better ever since he came back from the COVID-19 list in December. Being on an absolute tear lately helped improve MVP odds, and that might be enough to actually win the MVP this year.

Vegas has Embiid as the frontrunning favorite at +230 while Doncic isn't even in the top 10.

ETA: Doncic is sitting at +6500. Time to put money where them digits at.
:kobe:

ImKobe
02-05-2022, 02:47 AM
nearly every single bucket the mavs score is a product of luka. embiid just stands around half the time when the 76ers are on offense. he reminds me of lebron in the 2011 finals. he doesn't know what to do.. hes a dominant big but he relies too much on his jumper sometimes. tonight is a clear example of him settling too much. a zone completely shut him down for a while. if you watched the game tonight you would see these things.

a big just isn't as valuable as a scoring play maker with the same scoring output. embiids defense is obviously better but he might block or change 5 to 10 shots a night inside. that isn't as impactful as Lukas playmaking. and it's not like lebrons stagnating shit. luka doesn't run the clock down to assure himself of the assist. he goes pretty quick to make sure the mavs can swing the ball for the absolute best open look.

That's the product of him playing in Real Madrid & playing in a system that emphasizes TEAM basketball & ball movement, and he was the best player in Europe at 18/19 and won the championship doing that. That's why the few of us on ISH saw Luka as the clear-cut best player in the draft and argued against the idiots who thought he wouldn't succeed in the NBA. Luka does dominate the ball as much as any player in the league but he also understands the game at a higher level and could play in any kind of concept and find ways to win the game but he doesn't have enough talent around him in Dallas for them to really play that way on a consistent basis, though Brunson has allowed them do more than just rely on Luka at all times like in previous seasons. That's completely different from Lebron who's played with the ball in his hands his entire life (with the exception of the short Miami stint where he still mostly dominated the ball).

RRR3
02-05-2022, 02:49 AM
No shit. Probably typed it in his white robes.

HunterSThompson
02-05-2022, 03:09 AM
Luka Doncic played well tonight, a dominant performance.

But he wasn't always like this for the majority of this season - in which he came in out of weight, playing ineffective as well as ineffectual.

Whereas Embiid looked tired tonight, settling for a lot of jumpers instead of bullying inside.
However, he has been a lot better ever since he came back from the COVID-19 list in December. Being on an absolute tear lately helped improve MVP odds, and that might be enough to actually win the MVP this year.

Vegas has Embiid as the frontrunning favorite at +230 while Doncic isn't even in the top 10.

ETA: Doncic is sitting at +6500. Time to put money where them digits at.
:kobe:

well duh obviously I know luka has zero chance at mvp just like he had zero chance at starting in the allstar game over that bum curry and how jokic has zero chance at repeating. I know what the narrative is this year. believe me

HunterSThompson
02-05-2022, 03:12 AM
No shit. Probably typed it in his white robes.

so you finally admit I'm God. about time

https://i.ibb.co/y5C43Mk/hith-sistine-chape-2.jpg

Phoenix
02-05-2022, 06:30 AM
Not even top 5 MVP candidate this year. He's 'back to form' though.

SATAN
02-05-2022, 10:47 PM
Banned :oldlol:

:facepalm

John_Connor
02-05-2022, 10:53 PM
Banned :oldlol:

:facepalm

its almost like he was trying to get banned. but that discussion you guys were having was actually interesting. if you wish to continue it with someone else please follow this link

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?501660-is-rape-possible-in-marriage

WhiteKyrie
02-05-2022, 11:00 PM
Uh oh. White Boy

Gotterdammerung
02-06-2022, 01:11 AM
well duh obviously I know luka has zero chance at mvp ...(snipped to spare the bandwidth)

Luka is the mvp. it's official

Which is it?
:oldlol:

The real Hunter S. Thompson deserves much better.
:durantunimpressed:

hold this L
02-06-2022, 12:51 PM

Exactly right, one of the most openly racist idiots on ish which is saying something. Dude must be miserable living in Canada considering how diverse the country is. ****ing loser.

90sgoat
02-06-2022, 12:58 PM
Winning against Embiid 76ers without both KP and THJ is a real MVP like performance.

I don't think people realise how bad that Mavs team is outside the top 3 players.

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2022, 03:21 PM
He really is.

Crazy.

Him, Jokic or Embiid.

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2022, 03:21 PM
Winning against Embiid 76ers without both KP and THJ is a real MVP like performance.

I don't think people realise how bad that Mavs team is outside the top 3 players.

tragic

but look at the morons here. can only talk race

insight
02-06-2022, 03:31 PM

The Mavs are winning because of their team defense. All the top 10 teams are in the top 10 defensively.

John_Connor
02-06-2022, 03:49 PM
The Mavs are winning because of their team defense. All the top 10 teams are in the top 10 defensively.

maybe it's both. like every other team
..ever

90sgoat
02-06-2022, 03:56 PM

Doncic has improved a lot defensively. The eye test tells me he is above average on defense and a good post defender.

I was always positive with Jason Kidd, in fact, you can find me saying that Kidd is exactly what Doncic needed, to learn to play more off ball and to learn to play defense, and Kidd has made him do both.

insight
02-06-2022, 04:14 PM
maybe it's both. like every other team
..ever

NOPE! The Mavericks are NOT a top 10 Offensive team which is why I pointed it out!

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2022, 04:15 PM
NOPE! The Mavericks are NOT a top 10 Offensive team which is why I pointed it out!

So?

Does that mean Luka's contributions to the offense do not exist?

Are you stupid my man?

Try to take Luka out the offense and you get a bottom 5 offensive team, if not bottom 3 clear-cut.

SATAN
02-06-2022, 04:57 PM
He's one of the biggest ball hogs I've ever seen.

John_Connor
02-06-2022, 05:10 PM

here's the thing

defense wins championships. but defenders don't win mvps.

defense is more important to wins than offense is. but mvp awards are still given mostly for a guys contributions on offense and only to guys on teams with one of the top records. but you can't get a top record without having great defense

really confusing huh

so for luka to win mvp he has to be a great team defense instead of the leader of his teams offense.

that's weird

how would luka stop existing as a singular person and become a team of individuals. hmmm. perhaps some kind of replicating machine from the prestige could be constructed

wait

huh?

TheGoatest
02-07-2022, 03:40 AM
He is having an off year IMO. He is flirting with averaging a triple-double, but one of Westbrookian variety with low fg% and high turnovers.
He was closer to MVP both of his previous seasons. This season he neither has:

-the stats
-the record
-the amount of games played

to be the MVP. I wonder who between him, Ja, Curry and CP3 will get the two guard spots on the all-NBA 1st team though.

ImKobe
02-07-2022, 05:26 AM
He is having an off year IMO. He is flirting with averaging a triple-double, but one of Westbrookian variety with low fg% and high turnovers.
He was closer to MVP both of his previous seasons. This season he neither has:

-the stats
-the record
-the amount of games played

to be the MVP. I wonder who between him, Ja, Curry and CP3 will get the two guard spots on the all-NBA 1st team though.

Mavs are playing at a 52-win pace with Luka, they're 6 - 9 without him on the season.

Speaking of Ja, the Grizzlies are 11 - 2 without him (69-win pace) and 26 - 16 with him (51-win pace).

His stats are slightly better but Luka's probably going to beat him in the stat category by the end of the season as well. Chris Paul has been playing great basketball but I doubt he'll keep this up (scoring 20+ pts like he has in so many games recently) for another 2 months at his age, Luka's numbers will be better in most categories outside of the AST-TO ratio (he's already ahead in PER & BPM). I don't think 15/5/10 is enough to make All-NBA 1st team in today's league.

90sgoat
02-07-2022, 09:04 AM
Another win for the Lukanaires against a team that's much stronger on paper in Hawks.

If Luke keeps this going with a string of wins with that depleted roster, he is for sure getting in consideration for MVP.

insight
02-07-2022, 09:53 AM
Another win for the Lukanaires against a team that's much stronger on paper in Hawks.

If Luke keeps this going with a string of wins with that depleted roster, he is for sure getting in consideration for MVP.

The same Hawks that beat Dallas by 30 last game, and Phoenix, Milwaukee, Miami recently. The Hawks are inconsistent and played poorly, Luka shot the ball horribly and wasn't even on the floor due to silly fouls the majority of the 2nd half. Luka deserves credit for playing a great all around game but Atlanta played so poorly they could have beat Atlanta without him.

hold this L
02-07-2022, 10:25 AM
Doncic has improved a lot defensively. The eye test tells me he is above average on defense and a good post defender.

I was always positive with Jason Kidd, in fact, you can find me saying that Kidd is exactly what Doncic needed, to learn to play more off ball and to learn to play defense, and Kidd has made him do both.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-usage-leaders-this-season

2nd in usg, same old dance with him. He currently has the exact same usg rate as he did last season. What off ball work are you talking about because I see the same player when he doesn't have the ball, stays in one spot and waits for something

90sgoat
02-07-2022, 11:26 AM
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-usage-leaders-this-season

2nd in usg, same old dance with him. He currently has the exact same usg rate as he did last season. What off ball work are you talking about because I see the same player when he doesn't have the ball, stays in one spot and waits for something

Both time pr. possession (6.02 vs 5.96) and dribbles pr. possesion (5.53 vs 5.2) are down.

Passes are up (58.7 vs 57.5) as well.

It's pretty obvious that Luka is playing more off ball with Brunson starting the offense more.

He's still very ball dominant, but is using less energy in the first quarters, than he used to.

hold this L
02-07-2022, 11:57 AM
Both time pr. possession (6.02 vs 5.96) and dribbles pr. possesion (5.53 vs 5.2) are down.

Passes are up (58.7 vs 57.5) as well.

It's pretty obvious that Luka is playing more off ball with Brunson starting the offense more.

He's still very ball dominant, but is using less energy in the first quarters, than he used to.

2 of those 3 stats are almost identical... The only one that has any noticeable difference is dribbles pr. possession.