PDA

View Full Version : Is the "Clippers Era" over?

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2022, 06:05 PM
LA Clippers president unsure if either Paul George, Kawhi Leonard return this season

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33225239/la-clippers-president-unsurepaul-george-kawhi-leonard-return-season

Micku
02-05-2022, 06:20 PM
I would imagine it's on hold till next year rather it being over, over.

Getting Norman Powell on paper is a great fit for the Clips. Robert Covington is a solid rotation player, but he had better seasons. Both are solid d. Much better at contributing to both ends than Bledose and Winslow.

They are top 5/6 in defense and bottom 2 or 3 in offense. PG and Kawhi coming next year would be good for them. Assuming if they can keep their elite play.

If they came back this season, and have at least a month and half to play and practice, then they could be a dangerous team. But I don't think it'll happen this season. And I don't know if it's enough time for them to gel.

Next season, they scary.

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-05-2022, 06:25 PM
Just started actually. Expect at least 2-3 more finals MVPS for Kawhi in his 30's.

The first year was a stupid prison bubble inside of a highschool gym that nobody cares about.

2nd year would of won the title but Ingles delivered the cheap shot on kawhi

SATAN
02-05-2022, 06:29 PM
Clippers Era? Has it begun??

Spurs m8
02-05-2022, 06:36 PM
It never started.

Kawhi is selfish and also made of glass...he doesn't give 2 fvcks about the Clippers

Thenameless
02-05-2022, 06:38 PM
The Clippers just made some nice acquisitions. Fully healthy, I'd favor them to win the West next season, unless there are some other big roster changes for other teams.

Can we trade Jeannie and Pelinka for Jerry West?

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2022, 07:15 PM
I would imagine it's on hold till next year rather it being over, over.

Getting Norman Powell on paper is a great fit for the Clips. Robert Covington is a solid rotation player, but he had better seasons. Both are solid d. Much better at contributing to both ends than Bledose and Winslow.

They are top 5/6 in defense and bottom 2 or 3 in offense. PG and Kawhi coming next year would be good for them. Assuming if they can keep their elite play.

If they came back this season, and have at least a month and half to play and practice, then they could be a dangerous team. But I don't think it'll happen this season. And I don't know if it's enough time for them to gel.

Next season, they scary.

sheeit i didnt even notice that.

Good gets.

All in for the 4th try, i guess.

Denver will be back next year.

GSW/Suns/Nugz/Jazz/Clips/LAL, Mem, Dallas if they make one good move?

Damn.

Phoenix
02-05-2022, 08:06 PM
It never started so... HBK Klit on suicide watch.

The Clips best chance to win was in 2020 when Kawhit and PG13 joined. It's been downhill ever since and I don't see those 2 as ever being on the same page health-wise to make a deep playoff run.

fsvr54
02-05-2022, 08:22 PM
It never started so... HBK Klit on suicide watch.

The Clips best chance to win was in 2020 when Kawhit and PG13 joined. It's been downhill ever since and I don't see those 2 as ever being on the same page health-wise to make a deep playoff run.

They would've won it last year had Kawhi not gotten injured, so no, their best chance was not 2020.

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2022, 08:28 PM
They would've won it last year had Kawhi not gotten injured, so no, their best chance was not 2020.

they were absolutely dreadful with Kawhi last year.

Probably worse than 2020.

Only upon his disappearance did it lit a fire under their ass and PG and Jackson completely played out of skin.

fsvr54
02-05-2022, 08:39 PM
they were absolutely dreadful with Kawhi last year.

Probably worse than 2020.

Only upon his disappearance did it lit a fire under their ass and PG and Jackson completely played out of skin.

They were fine in the playoffs. Kawhi won them games by himself against the Mavs if you don't remember and they were well on the way to raping the Jazz. The dunk on Favors is the least talked about amazing dunk ever.

2much_knowledge
02-05-2022, 09:49 PM
I hope you continue to be patient and actually grasp what this team can do if everyone is healthy

Phoenix
02-05-2022, 09:55 PM

They'd have lost to the Suns had Kawhi played so yes, their best chance was 2020.

Phoenix
02-05-2022, 09:58 PM
They were fine in the playoffs. Kawhi won them games by himself against the Mavs if you don't remember and they were well on the way to raping the Jazz. The dunk on Favors is the least talked about amazing dunk ever.

They also got taken to 7 against that Mavs squad and given the disparity between the two rosters, shouldn't have.

Axe
02-05-2022, 10:33 PM
They had a worse coach since last season started. Also they couldn't have advanced deeper into the playoffs without some help from referees.

Thenameless
02-05-2022, 10:38 PM

It doesn't matter. Fate always has a way with the Clippers.

Jasper
02-05-2022, 11:03 PM
it's been over for over 2 years.

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2022, 11:20 PM
What era?