PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Fans Slandering Russell Westbrook by Telling him not to shoot

Nike D'Antoni
02-06-2022, 12:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsXqfgc45w&ab_channel=BoardMan

Nike D'Antoni
02-06-2022, 12:43 AM
Russell Westbrook Booed Badly by Lakers Fans at Home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4sxFbwN1gc&ab_channel=Lakers248

Nike D'Antoni
02-06-2022, 12:52 AM
Anthony Davis, on Laker fans booing Russell Westbrook.

"The fans obviously want to see him play better... He's got to stay out of his own head, continue to play and do the little things."

Nike D'Antoni
02-06-2022, 12:54 AM
Anthony Davis said he saw Russell Westbrook hesitate on certain shots tonight and get out of rhythm. He and LeBron tried to stay in his ear to encourage him: "One thing you can't do is put too much pressure on yourself."

bison
02-06-2022, 12:57 AM
I’m a lakers fan but we have the most toxic lowest iq fan base.

Beastbrook has been a net positive, a steady hand in our tumultuous season. He’s been mostly solid and will continue to get to the rim at will. We are just getting started with bron brow and brodie

SouBeachTalents
02-06-2022, 12:59 AM
That's not slander, it's good advice.

SATAN
02-06-2022, 01:01 AM

Beastbrook has been a net positive, a steady hand in our tumultuous season. He’s been mostly solid and will continue to get to the rim at will. We are just getting started with bron brow and brodie

Brodie is sure off the a flying start!

1-10, 3-7 FTs, 5 points, 4 TOs in 29 minutes. :rockon:

bison
02-06-2022, 01:02 AM
When we were getting our asses kicked in the first half, Westbrook was the only guy attacking the basket and trying to get something going.

RRR3
02-06-2022, 01:05 AM
When we were getting our asses kicked in the first half, Westbrook was the only guy attacking the basket and trying to get something going.
He was also -24 and 1-7 with 4 turnovers.

Nike D'Antoni
02-06-2022, 01:10 AM
Russell Westbrook on his off night:

“It happens. I missed some shots that I normally make. But like I said, I don’t want to make it about me… Everybody is gonna have off nights."

------------------------------------------------

Russ says there was no communication between him and Vogel about the benching, but that he’s a coach and did what he felt what was best for the team and the most important thing is that they won.

“It’s not about me, I don’t want to make it about me."

Russell Westbrook on being benched in OT: "We won the game and that's all that matters."

Russ on how tough it was to be benched in OT:

“The best part about this game is when you win. Guys competed and we got the win, that’s all that matters."

SATAN
02-06-2022, 01:18 AM
He's slowly accepting getting benched late in the game. Maybe they can reduce him to 20 minutes or so unless he's on one.

https://i.giphy.com/media/ljookvhfvUQ0w/giphy.webp

John_Connor
02-06-2022, 01:41 AM
at this point if i was the lakers i'd consider taking him out of the rotation like the nets did with blake. its like end of career type play. not a slump

Spurs m8
02-06-2022, 02:00 AM

He was always going to be the scapegoat

There always needs to be one

999Guy
02-06-2022, 02:01 AM
Missed some shots he usually makes? He’ll never ever learn. He stinks forever.

Axe
02-06-2022, 02:13 AM
The team has seen pale results while he's playing and they haven't done anything so far to trade or dispose him right away. :oldlol:

TheGoatest
02-06-2022, 02:23 AM
It might look cruel, but they're not wrong. He truly, objectively isn't good enough anymore, and he needs to accept his role coming off the bench like Carmelo, who also initially had difficulty accepting coming off the bench. Which is natural. I mean, it's always hard to accept being washed. But if he doesn't accept the role he realistically deserves, he will have an end to his career like Allen Iverson.

bladefd
02-06-2022, 04:25 AM
The team has seen pale results while he's playing and they haven't done anything so far to trade or dispose him right away. :oldlol:

I think Lakers tried trading him, but that albatross contract is almost impossible to trade right now. Perhaps in off-season when it enters the final season

n00bie
02-06-2022, 04:38 AM
Reminds me of Danny Green in Toronto during the playoffs.

I was at the playoff game vs. the Bucks and Green was having a HORRIBLE shooting night. When he was waiting on the sidelines, the whole stadium was screaming "NO Danny!" "Sit your ass back down!"

It definitely stuck in his mind because he joked about his horrible shooting during the playoffs.

Spurs m8
02-06-2022, 06:35 AM
This is the opposite of me when I saw Bron had the ball for the final shot.

PLEASE SHOOT, LEANTICLUTCH

Phoenix
02-06-2022, 08:36 AM

http://media1.giphy.com/media/Bssx7MMY9IK2s/giphy.gif

This is Allen Iverson all over again, and he fell off at exactly the same age. These are his last couple of years in the league because I don't see him transitioning to a reduced/bench role.

BigKobeFan
02-06-2022, 10:54 AM

Everywhere bram goes he blames the 3rd option. Bosh, love, westbrook

Somehow these stars turn to shit when they sacrifice their game and gets blamed for it

expansionera
02-06-2022, 10:56 AM
It’s hard for guys to play in LA and New York, a lot of guys games straight up die under the scrutiny of the media and toxic fan base. Westbrook is going out like Deron Williams

TheGoatest
02-06-2022, 11:07 AM
It’s hard for guys to play in LA and New York, a lot of guys games straight up die under the scrutiny of the media and toxic fan base. Westbrook is going out like Deron Williams

More like Allen Iverson IMO. All high FGA-low FG% chuckers seem to have had disastrous declines as soon as they approached their mid-30s:

Westbrick
Iverson
Kobe

Kobe kind of has an excuse because of his injury, but not for being THAT terrible in his last few seasons considering how Durant and Dominique came back from their achilleas tears.

Westbrick, Iverson and Kobe burned out. Deron Williams kind of faded away. I don't know what the hell happened with him as soon as the New Jersey Nets turned to Brooklyn Nets. Seems surreal that people were once discussing whether him or Chris Paul were the best PG in the league.

Thenameless
02-06-2022, 11:38 AM

Scapegoat implies that someone is blamed unfairly. In his case, I don't think it's unfair.

FKAri
02-06-2022, 11:41 AM

Knicks

Full Court
02-06-2022, 11:48 AM
Hey, Russell Westbrook is the VICTIM here.

Of nefarious SLANDER!!!!

:crazysam:

999Guy
02-06-2022, 02:03 PM
Reminds me of Danny Green in Toronto during the playoffs.

I was at the playoff game vs. the Bucks and Green was having a HORRIBLE shooting night. When he was waiting on the sidelines, the whole stadium was screaming "NO Danny!" "Sit your ass back down!"

It definitely stuck in his mind because he joked about his horrible shooting during the playoffs.

Those fans were ****ing dumb though. Danny’s shooting still gets respected unlike Russ and he was an elite defender. Not good, not solid, elite.

Norman Powell would’ve hopped out there and made a few more shots and disrupted a lot less offensive plays.

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2022, 10:52 AM
First of all, 'slander' implies something that isnt true.

So it doesnt apply here.