PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: CJ McCollum traded to New Orleans for Josh Hart + draft compensation

Im Still Ballin
02-08-2022, 11:20 AM
Wow.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1491069131541688321?

[Charania] The New Orleans Pelicans are finalizing a deal to acquire Portland Trail Blazers guard CJ McCollum for a package around Josh Hart and draft compensation, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

The New Orleans Pelicans are finalizing a deal to acquire Portland Trail Blazers guard CJ McCollum for a package around Josh Hart and draft compensation, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium

UPDATE:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1491075416001556483

[Charania] Portland is finalizing acquiring Josh Hart, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Tomas Satoransky and draft compensation in the CJ McCollum trade, sources said.

Real Men Wear Green
02-08-2022, 11:25 AM
Lillaird has to see this as a rebuilding move. His loyalty is worthy of respect but he's not going to win a ring there and this is the final nail in the coffin.

John_Connor
02-08-2022, 11:30 AM
tank lmao

Kblaze8855
02-08-2022, 11:32 AM
That is ridiculous. I hate seeing those “Every team can match that” deals. They shouldn’t even have that great a pick if it comes together.

ImKobe
02-08-2022, 11:38 AM
Huge W for the Pels. I told y'all not to count them out.

Real Men Wear Green
02-08-2022, 11:39 AM
I do wonder why the Cs foul Kent have outdone that but it's probably hard to realize that another game placed so little value on a scorer.

Looking at the other side of this Williamson and Ingram have to make the playoffs next year unless McCollum forces his way out.

Real Men Wear Green

You predicted a lopsided trade like this one?

ImKobe
Lillaird has to see this as a rebuilding move. His loyalty is worthy of respect but he's not going to win a ring there and this is the final nail in the coffin.

I think he'd have been traded to Philly by now if not for the injuries. He's obviously gone after this season but I'm not expecting a huge return for Portland at this point, if the Ben Simmons trade happens and they miss out on him, what's the next best move? I guess NY for Randle and filler.

You predicted a lopsided trade like this one?

They've been playing .500 basketball since December and I expected them to make a move and also get Zion back by the end of the season. Griffin's job is on the line right now so he was going to do something, this probably saves his job IMO.

Im Still Ballin
02-08-2022, 11:44 AM
Graham
McCollum
Ingram
Zion
Valancunas

5 shooters around Zion. Nice!

Not sure about the defense though.

Im Still Ballin
02-08-2022, 11:56 AM
Update:

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1491075416001556483

[charania] portland is finalizing acquiring josh hart, nickeil alexander-walker, tomas satoransky and draft compensation in the cj mccollum trade, sources said.

ImKobe
02-08-2022, 12:10 PM
Graham
McCollum
Ingram
Zion
Valancunas

5 shooters around Zion. Nice!

Not sure about the defense though.

Ingram (point forward)
CJ
Herb Jones
Zion
Valanciunas

Graham has been terrible for them so far, they could make another move here to find an additional playmaker. Herb Jones is an excellent defender and can shoot 3s.

Wally450
02-08-2022, 12:24 PM
So Lillard is surely going to force his way out this offseason, right?

Im Still Ballin
02-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Update:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1491079197997268995

[wojnarowski] portland and new orleans have agreed upon a trade --- cj mccollum, larry nance and tony snell are on the way to the pelicans, sources tell espn.

HylianNightmare
02-08-2022, 12:39 PM
Crazy for the pelicans

expansionera
02-08-2022, 12:39 PM
Larry Nance Jr/Zion frontcourt lineups should be interesting, love to finally see the full tear down but you gotta think they could have gotten more value back had they moved quickly. Anyone with eyes could see it was gonna work in Portland as many as three years ago, but getting nada back for Norm is unacceptable to me

bison
02-08-2022, 12:40 PM
So Lillard is surely going to force his way out this offseason, right?

Blazers are doing this obtain assets and create cap space so they can chase big names in the summer to team with Lillard. These moves are probably a hail mary to keep Dame in Portland

SouBeachTalents
02-08-2022, 12:51 PM
Blazers are doing this obtain assets and create cap space so they can chase big names in the summer to team with Lillard. These moves are probably a hail mary to keep Dame in Portland
No big name free agent is signing with Portland to join a 32 year old Lillard coming off his worst season in nearly a decade. That’s not even wishful thinking, that’s just straight up delusional :lol

Dbrog
02-08-2022, 12:58 PM
I guess if it's an unprotected 1st rounder, it could at least be a high pick. Still though, you kinda wonder why a contender wouldn't trade for CJ to try to match this compensation

Kblaze8855
02-08-2022, 01:11 PM

Adding a borderline all star for nothing doesn’t mean the team before the move was worth caring about. Likely means they themselves realized they weren’t.

Vino24
02-08-2022, 01:18 PM
Odd trade. CJ doesn’t fit the timeline of the pelicans at all and he’s not a cp3 mentor type

insight
02-08-2022, 01:18 PM

Maybe Kyrie or Harden.

90sgoat
02-08-2022, 01:21 PM
Mavs lose again.

Cuban is so incompetent lol.

ImKobe
02-08-2022, 01:23 PM
Adding a borderline all star for nothing doesn’t mean the team before the move was worth caring about. Likely means they themselves realized they weren’t.

Yes, because they wouldn't have traded Hart and NAW for CJ in any other situation... They're a .500 team with BI w/ Zion out, add CJ on top and that's a solid Playoff team.

Proctor
02-08-2022, 01:50 PM
I hate when good players that can help legit teams go to bottom feeding scum teams. :facepalm

FultzNationRISE
02-08-2022, 02:00 PM
Im hearing word that CJ is not actually going to be staying with the Pelicans, rather this is part of a larger Pels plan to swap him for Westbrook in the coming days.

Stay tuned.

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-08-2022, 06:40 PM
It took them 9 years to move on from Steve urkel wow

bladefd
02-08-2022, 07:32 PM
I am trying to make sense of this trade from Blazers' perspective but I can't. This is a low-ball deal. Was this the best trade they could find for an all-star SG?? Has CJ really lost this much value??

I'm sorry, but this is insane. I like Josh Hart, but he is not enough. I believe Portland could have had a better deal out there somewhere.

HALLandOATES
02-08-2022, 07:48 PM
I am trying to make sense of this trade from Blazers' perspective but I can't. This is a low-ball deal. Was this the best trade they could find for an all-star SG?? Has CJ really lost this much value??

I'm sorry, but this is insane. I like Josh Hart, but he is not enough. I believe Portland could have had a better deal out there somewhere.

Trade is insane to me to, they didn’t even get anyone with an upside for the future…

are they just trying to tank? Still you want something decent atleast, this trade is wtf

Vino24
02-08-2022, 07:50 PM
Trade is insane to me to, they didn’t even get anyone with an upside for the future…

are they just trying to tank? Still you want something decent atleast, this trade is wtf

Apparently the kings would have traded Hield, Haliburton and Fox for CJ lolol

bladefd
02-08-2022, 08:02 PM
Apparently the kings would have traded Hield, Haliburton and Fox for CJ lolol

That might be a better deal actually for Kings. It gives them a solid starting SG.

It is better for Portland than the Pelicans trade, but it does require them to take in more salary. I don't think they want to do that so it's not a good trade for them unless if they trade Lillard for Simmons. Then they would have an extra year to rebuild.

Keeping Lillard complicates everything. It means it could all burn if next season they fall short. They just have 1 summer to put together a championship-contending team or Lillard requests a trade. Simmons may not be an option at that point.

FultzNationRISE
02-08-2022, 08:09 PM
He's been there a while, it's possible the Blazers consulted McCollum on the options and he chose N.O. as his preferred trade.