PDA

View Full Version : What on earth is going on with the Nets?

Stephonit
02-09-2022, 12:17 PM
I haven't been following too closely so I was surprised when I saw they're on a 9 game losing streak and have fallen from first in the East to close to .500.

What happened?

Okay so KD got injured. But it seems there's drama brewing with Harden and I don't understand. What's the scuttlebutt regarding Harden and noises coming from him that he is looking at other options after his contract ends? Why is he unhappy?

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2022, 12:21 PM
There are kind of conflicting reports about Harden.

"Harden's private complaints about Nets coaches, teammates and the organization has made its way throughout the league. They are also not entirely out of character for him throughout his career."
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265698/Nets-Rebuffed-76ers-One-Trade-Call-On-James-Harden-In-Early-January

"“I’ve talked to James and he wants to be here,” Nash said. “And he wants to be here long term as well.”
In a follow up, Nash was asked for clarity that the Nets would not trade Harden. He was emphatic in his answer saying, "Yes. That is correct."
Nash went on to say that Harden has never wavered in his commitment to Brooklyn. According to Nash, Harden's thoughts on the Nets haven't changed in months.
“This has been a constant thing since the summer,” Nash said. “He’s continually reiterated that he wants to be here, and we’ve continually said that we want him here and that that’s our best chance to win. So, nothing’s changed.”"
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265696/Steve-Nash-Says-Nets-Are-Not-Trading-James-Harden

As far as to the losing streak, they barely have any players.

Harden has the harmstring thing. When they're playing at home, their best player is Griffin or Mills.

Proctor
02-09-2022, 12:27 PM
Harden quit on the Nets. For those who have had the displeasure of watching plenty of Harden over the years, we knew it was coming. That's what he does. He's not getting the FTs he's used to and he's fat. Throw in a Durant injury and Kyrie only playing away games and these circumstances add up to a shitshow.

Once they trade the bearded loser and he rides off to the next nightclub, they can no doubt remain a highly competitive team while Durant is out with the pieces they get in return. They have great depth so once fully healthy they will be formidable again.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2022, 12:33 PM
Harden quit on the Nets. For those who have had the displeasure of watching plenty of Harden over the years, we knew it was coming. That's what he does. He's not getting the FTs he's used to and he's fat. Throw in a Durant injury and Kyrie only playing away games and these circumstances add up to a shitshow.

Once they trade the bearded loser and he rides off to the next nightclub, they can no doubt remain a highly competitive team while Durant is out with the pieces they get in return. They have great depth so once fully healthy they will be formidable again.

so if they get healthy now with KD coming back, they won't be formidable?

Please

AirBonner
02-09-2022, 12:36 PM
Kyrie is a cancer if you haven’t noticed

Proctor
02-09-2022, 12:38 PM

Please
No, I shouldn't have said it that way. They'll be formidable with whatever they get in return for Harden. They won't be formidable until that POS is gone. I long believed this before the clown truly quit on the team.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2022, 12:39 PM
No, I shouldn't have said it that way. They'll be formidable with whatever they get in return for Harden. They won't be formidable until that POS is gone. I long believed this before the clown truly quit on the team.

So you dont think KD/Harden/Kyrie will be formidable? With the rest of what they have?

AirBonner
02-09-2022, 12:42 PM
Trade Kyrie and the team can be formidable

Proctor
02-09-2022, 12:46 PM
So you dont think KD/Harden/Kyrie will be formidable? With the rest of what they have?
I do not. Too stacked (there's only one ball) and too many goofy personalities. You can't have a Harden who tries 25% of the time, a Kyrie who can only play away games, and a Durant who has to carry it all in the background. With the right trade they can possibly overcome Kyrie's inability to play home games (Kyrie's backup is Mills, an excellent player and not somebody who is going to pout about inconsistent minutes and usage). They can't overcome Harden hunting for poverty triple doubles in the regular season and then sucking **** every postseason. Harden does the very least trying on the basketball court while still having high value so it'd be foolish not to get rid of him. I'm super high on the depth pieces the Nets have and their young talent in general. It wouldn't be hard to take Harden and even if they didn't get a superstar in return, get some players that fill in the holes they need filled and enjoy the addition by subtraction of Harden.

I've never been particularly high on Ben Simmons, but even if the Nets were to get him for Harden, that's a home run. If he was to ever get his head out of his ass and play high level basketball again, he has a leader and former Aussie in Mills to guide him.

AirBonner
02-09-2022, 12:48 PM
Kyrie’s part-time playing is killing the synergy of this team. Kyrie antics is cancer. There is a reason he can’t LEAD a team

noonereal
02-09-2022, 12:55 PM
I haven't been following too closely so I was surprised when I saw they're on a 9 game losing streak and have fallen from first in the East to close to .500.

What happened?

Okay so KD got injured. But it seems there's drama brewing with Harden and I don't understand. What's the scuttlebutt regarding Harden and noises coming from him that he is looking at other options after his contract ends? Why is he unhappy?

A few comments.

First, this skid was inevitable. The team won while playing weak teams and they barely won, with Kevin.
2) This has been a one man team all season.
3) Harden has been a disaster all year long. He has single handedly lost games for no good reason. He is a turn over machine, lazy beyond words, slows down the whole team. He is by far the worst "super star" I have even seen play. He has carried on about the Harden rule, using it as an excuse to be lazy.
4) Nash is the worst coach I have ever seen at the NBA level.
5) Freak amount of injuries and illness. Could well be an NBA record.
6) Kyrie, Kyrie, Kyrie. The kid is cancer.

Harden is unhappy with the league (Harden rule) Kyrie (as Kyrie is a child who has abandoned his team) and Nash (rightfully so)
I honestly don't blame Harden for being upset with any of this. I do blame him for allowing this to effective his play.

Also, this teams bench is not half as good as last years bench.

As a die hard Net fan who was looking forward to the greatest season ever, I am furious.
First with Kyrie, he is the single biggest reason the Nets have tanked.
Second, Nash. He is simply not an NBA coach.
3rd, Harden.

All 3 must go and the Nets must start over. You have no idea how upset I am at this awful truth.

noonereal
02-09-2022, 12:58 PM

Kyrie must go too. Same with Nash.

noonereal
02-09-2022, 01:00 PM

Please

No, they won't.

Your post is stupid.

Akeem34TheDream
02-09-2022, 01:01 PM
Wouldn't a healthy Nets team win the title last year?

Proctor
02-09-2022, 01:05 PM
Kyrie must go too. Same with Nash.
Not excusing Kyrie, but at least with him he does give it all while he's out there, and that's a refreshing step up from Harden. If he's going to change his mind about his vaccine, I imagine he would have to feel like they have a legit shot to win, which I don't think anyone thought they did with Harden out there just taking up space and air. I mentioned it above but I do think they have the perfect backup for him in Mills. I don't know that there is anyone else who would handle the situation as professionally as him with minutes and usage fluctuating and Nash's clownshow of lineups. He is always engaged, always giving 200%. The luxury of having him is why I have some slight confidence the Nets can overcome Kyrie's drama but IMO the plague of Harden needs to be ousted immediately. Like you said, he is the very worst "superstar" in NBA history. He wasn't much better in his Rockets days if we're being quite honest. When he was getting his FTs it was way easier for his 22 point games to be 32-35 point games which would wow box score watchers. But he's the same shitty, low effort gimmick player he always was...just a little bit fatter.

noonereal
02-09-2022, 01:06 PM
Wouldn't a healthy Nets team win the title last year?

Beyond a doubt, it would not have been competitive.

That window has closed. Slammed shut by Kyrie then Harden nailed it closed.

Last year these 3 were on cloud 9, happy as can be. Running, jumping, optimistic, confident.

Now, none of that. This is not something that can just be turned on and off. There is bad feels now which won't resolve.

noonereal
02-09-2022, 01:10 PM
Not excusing Kyrie, but at least with him he does give it all while he's out there, and that's a refreshing step up from Harden. If he's going to change his mind about his vaccine, I imagine he would have to feel like they have a legit shot to win, which I don't think anyone thought they did with Harden out there just taking up space and air. I mentioned it above but I do think they have the perfect backup for him in Mills. I don't know that there is anyone else who would handle the situation as professionally as him with minutes and usage fluctuating and Nash's clownshow of lineups. He is always engaged, always giving 200%. The luxury of having him is why I have some slight confidence the Nets can overcome Kyrie's drama but IMO the plague of Harden needs to be ousted immediately. Like you said, he is the very worst "superstar" in NBA history. He wasn't much better in his Rockets days if we're being quite honest. When he was getting his FTs it was way easier for his 22 point games to be 32-35 point games which would wow box score watchers. But he's the same shitty, low effort gimmick player he always was...just a little bit fatter.

Kyrie will not be getting vaccinated. The little child has dug in his heels.

BTW, if Harden does not play vs Milwaukee in game 7 last year, the Nets would have won.

Kyrie must go.
Nash must go.
Harden must go.

In this order. So ****in sad, so sad.

noonereal
02-09-2022, 01:16 PM
Just published... Looking good for getting rid of Harden

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-deadline-james-harden-for-ben-simmons-gaining-steam-as-nets-76ers-in-the-deal-zone-per-report/

AirBonner
02-09-2022, 01:18 PM
Watch Simmons not be vaxed lolol

Jay-B
02-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Just a really stupid team, they can’t even get there big 3 on the court together at all, how many games have they played together in 2 seasons? Would be surprised if it was even 40. Kyrie is a weirdo, Harden all of a sudden is injury prone. Steve Nash sucks as a coach, Kevin Durant the only guy who I don’t blame

Spurs m8
02-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Harden is cancer...that simple

noonereal
02-11-2022, 05:45 PM
Harden is cancer...that simple

and Kyrie is worse.

SATAN
02-11-2022, 06:09 PM
Just a really stupid team, they can’t even get there big 3 on the court together at all, how many games have they played together in 2 seasons? Would be surprised if it was even 40.

Manny98
02-11-2022, 06:12 PM
We'll be fine once everyone gets healthy.

Worst case scenario and New York don't drop the vaccine mandate by playoff time we still have Kyrie for road games and Simmons/KD/Curry/Patty/Aldridge plus Harris if he comes back is a good enough roster to win most games at home

I still feel pretty confident that nobody can beat us in a 7 game series, getting Simmons is a game changer he's so much of a better fit than Harden and I honestly believe he's a better player overall right now

TheGoatest
02-12-2022, 05:33 AM
The thing that is wrong with the Nets is the following: Kyrie Irving has started playing for them, and Kyrie Irving has empirically been proven to make multiple teams worse with him than without him.

RRR3
02-12-2022, 05:34 AM
We'll be fine once everyone gets healthy.

Worst case scenario and New York don't drop the vaccine mandate by playoff time we still have Kyrie for road games and Simmons/KD/Curry/Patty/Aldridge plus Harris if he comes back is a good enough roster to win most games at home

I still feel pretty confident that nobody can beat us in a 7 game series, getting Simmons is a game changer he's so much of a better fit than Harden and I honestly believe he's a better player overall right now
You have absolutely zero chance of winning if the mandate isn't lifted. Ben Simmons isn't a second option.

SATAN
02-12-2022, 05:36 AM
The thing that is wrong with the Nets is the following: Kyrie Irving has started playing for them, and Kyrie Irving has empirically been proven to make multiple teams worse with him than without him.

+1

RRR3
02-12-2022, 05:38 AM
+1
4-9 when the Ree plays. Eeyikes.

Manny98
02-12-2022, 08:52 AM
You have absolutely zero chance of winning if the mandate isn't lifted. Ben Simmons isn't a second option.

Simmons averaged 23/10/9 without Embiid over a 20+ game sample size including a 3-1 record in the playoffs as the first option

He has shown glimpses of a young LeBron when he get to play his game properly which he will on the Nets

https://youtu.be/vtP9WcQMo4c

https://youtu.be/1QJrrIMZam4

RRR3
02-12-2022, 09:07 AM
Simmons averaged 23/10/9 without Embiid over a 20+ game sample size including a 3-1 record in the playoffs as the first option

He has shown glimpses of a young LeBron when he get to play his game properly which he will on the Nets

https://youtu.be/vtP9WcQMo4c

https://youtu.be/1QJrrIMZam4
That was as the first option and a hot streak. He doesn’t have nearly the shot creating ability or skill of LeBron which is why he’s never been that aggressive.

paksat
02-12-2022, 09:37 AM
nash is a disaster

dude is probably the worst defensive player in the history of the nba, and you want him leading a team full of people that dont play defense?

rokay

noonereal
02-12-2022, 05:07 PM
nash is a disaster

yep

I have said this for a year now. His ineptness became apparent immediately.

Still, the bigger problem is Kyrie. He is what tanked the team this year. Period.

AirBonner
02-12-2022, 05:11 PM
yep

I have said this for a year now. His ineptness became apparent immediately.

Still, the bigger problem is Kyrie. He is what tanked the team this year. Period.
Kyrie definitely is the problem. Part-time player getting full-time salary. They are pissed

FultzNationRISE
04-02-2022, 10:23 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus

:applause: