PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers *might* be able to flip Westbrook + 1st round pick for Tobias Harris

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2022, 01:34 PM
Rumor is Morey might send him to OKC to clear cap space or something. OKC gets picks out of it. LA could offer Westbrook + 1st; OKC would get an extra pick and a contract that expires next season. That's opposed to Tobias' contract, which has an extra season or two.

Would you make this trade if you're LA?

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2022, 01:41 PM
For whatever reason Kuzma wasn't good enough for them and they have to trade Kuzma ++ to get Westbrook They would look even dumber if they dealt Westbrook and a first for a player that is basically on Kuzma level plus a draft pick that makes more money. As a player James is great. As a GM James is terrible.

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2022, 01:42 PM
Tobias Harris 2018-2022 (341 games)

19.4 PPG / 6.8 RPG / 3.0 APG on 48.2% FG, 38.9% 3PT on 4.6 attempts, and 85% FT [57.71% TS]

Well, he'd definitely fit offensively. He'd be the best 3rd option this Lakers squad has had.

Downsides:

- Has an extra year on contract compared to Russ
- Defense might be an issue? Not sure

John_Connor
02-09-2022, 01:43 PM
I would give away 5 future first round picks just to get rid of Westbrook.. I wouldn't even ask for anything in return

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2022, 01:45 PM
For whatever reason Kuzma wasn't good enough for them and they have to trade Kuzma ++ to get Westbrook They would look even dumber if they dealt Westbrook and a first for a player that is basically on Kuzma level plus a draft pick that makes more money. As a player James is great. As a GM James is terrible.

It has definitely been a disaster. I do think they have to take this deal if it's there; Westbrook is causing too much drama with his pouting. Tobias as a third option to me is appealing. He's like a better shooting version of Kuzma, so he might fit better on this team.

ThRRR3tardSatan
02-09-2022, 01:49 PM
I would do it as the Lakers because he is their best bet.

AD/Harris/Lebron is a really good front court if healthy.

Lebron is only getting older and they aren't going to get a star player, especially only a reasonable deal for just Westbrook expiring and 1st if they wait to trade him. I suppose they could trade for 2 decent players with that package but Tobias is an actual good player, just overpaid. He will be a bubble allstar for a few more years.

Im Still Ballin
02-09-2022, 01:57 PM
I would do it as the Lakers because he is their best bet.

AD/Harris/Lebron is a really good front court if healthy.

Lebron is only getting older and they aren't going to get a star player, especially only a reasonable deal for just Westbrook expiring and 1st if they wait to trade him. I suppose they could trade for 2 decent players with that package but Tobias is an actual good player, just overpaid. He will be a bubble allstar for a few more years.

Definitely make the deal if it's there. You get better now, next year, and Tobias has more trade value than Westbrook.

If this Harden trade goes through and Tobias is shipped out to OKC, things might miraculously go LA's way.

Shogon
02-09-2022, 01:57 PM
As a player James is great. As a GM James is terrible.

Same with Jordan.

I’m fact, what all time great players have been great GMs?

Jerry West? That about the entire list?

And this right here should be proof enough that players opinions on who the best is or what works the best usually doesn’t matter.

Despite their depth of knowledge about the game itself, that does not mean they have an eye for talent nor does it mean they have an eye for chemistry… because the overwhelming majority of them absolutely do not have that eye.

Hell, while we are at it, most people in the nba doing the GM job don’t have that eye, regardless if they were players or not. Most GMs just suck ass period.

Lol.

3ba11
02-09-2022, 02:09 PM
In 19 years, Lebron's frontcourt ball-dominance has never yielded teams that met expectation except 3 times (07' Playoffs, 09/10 regular seasons)

Otherwise, his teams have always underwhelmed - even his title teams in 12' and 16' were preseason favorites that fell to Finals underdog.

The reality is that ONLY LEBRON is lottery with Westbrook - even Beal made the playoffs with him

But carry on thinking it's all Westbrook's fault.. Keep thinking that Lebron's frontcourt ball-dominant skillset has NOTHING to do with the bad fit... Yeah.. keep thinking that... That's real smart basketball discussion..

The story of Lebron's career is that his teams need more help regardless of cast.. He had Kyrie and was still asking for another playmaker while barely winning 50 games.. He has the neediest teams in history.

Kblaze8855
02-09-2022, 02:10 PM
. And this right here should be proof enough that players opinions on who the best is or what works the best usually doesn’t matter.

Compared to the alternatives? It’s not even close. You would have to explain what it means to hedge to like 50% of ISH at least. Most fans? Probably closer to 90. Fans have absolutely no clue what they are seeing.

A former player who is now a GM with a meddling owner, 38 scouts, 6 coaches, a president of basketball operations, statisticians, and a salary cap to navigate making wrong calls isn’t evidence they don’t know the game more than a guy tossing buffalo wings watching half assed out the corner of his eye from the kitchen during a dinner rush.

Shogon
02-09-2022, 02:21 PM
Compared to the alternatives? It’s not even close. You would have to explain what it means to hedge to like 50% of ISH at least. Most fans? Probably closer to 90. Fans have absolutely no clue what they are seeing.

A former player who is now a GM with a meddling owner, 38 scouts, 6 coaches, a president of basketball operations, statisticians, and a salary cap to navigate making wrong calls isn’t evidence they don’t know the game more than a guy tossing buffalo wings watching half assed out the corner of his eye from the kitchen during a dinner rush.

My issue specifically is people who make arguments about “so and so player said this so it’s right and you’re wrong you stupid internet keyboard warrior” rather than breaking down the argument itself.

Nevertheless, I would guess that there are a small handful of posters here on this site that would be better at the GM role than a decent number of NBA GMs.

Just because you can play doesn’t mean you can GM or coach.

Just because you can GM doesn’t mean you can play or coach.

Just because you can coach doesn’t mean you can GM or play.

It’s just a bunch of stupid people in executive positions putting people into positions that they shouldn’t be in. Look at Steve Nash. Super smart and great player. What has he shown as a coach? What did he do to deserve that role?

You can’t just interchange all of these different roles within organizations and expect good results in all areas from one guy but that’s how execs view and treat things because they’re too stupid or too lazy to put in the work to find the right guy.

This is why the Magic have largely been irrelevant for almost their entire existence.

You have to put in the work to find these people. And nobody’s opinion should be viewed as gospel regardless of their background.

I really don’t like “appeal to authority” arguments just because someone is… familiar.

bison
02-09-2022, 02:27 PM
People are so fixated on getting Westbrook traded that they are willing to entertain offers that make the Lakers even worse :oldlol:

nineiron
02-09-2022, 02:30 PM

you must be fun at parties

FultzNationRISE
02-09-2022, 02:31 PM
My issue specifically is people who make arguments about “so and so player said this so it’s right and you’re wrong you stupid internet keyboard warrior” rather than breaking down the argument itself.

Nevertheless, I would guess that there are a small handful of posters here on this site that would be better at the GM role than a decent number of NBA GMs.

Just because you can play doesn’t mean you can GM or coach.

Just because you can GM doesn’t mean you can play or coach.

Just because you can coach doesn’t mean you can GM or play.

It’s just a bunch of stupid people in executive positions putting people into positions that they shouldn’t be in. Look at Steve Nash. Super smart and great player. What has he shown as a coach? What did he do to deserve that role?

You can’t just interchange all of these different roles within organizations and expect good results in all areas from one guy but that’s how execs view and treat things because they’re too stupid or too lazy to put in the work to find the right guy.

This is why the Magic have largely been irrelevant for almost their entire existence.

You have to put in the work to find these people. And nobody’s opinion should be viewed as gospel regardless of their background.

I really don’t like “appeal to authority” arguments just because someone is… familiar.

But you would grant that Lebron is an obvious exception to all of this and that his greatness encompasses all aspects of basketball performance, leadership, and understanding, would you not?

nineiron
02-09-2022, 02:33 PM
would be a horrible move for OKC

Shogon
02-09-2022, 02:34 PM
But you would grant that Lebron is an obvious exception to all of this and that his greatness encompasses all aspects of basketball performance, leadership, and understanding, would you not?

You ****er.

:roll:

bladefd
02-09-2022, 02:35 PM
Same with Jordan.

And this right here should be proof enough that players opinions on who the best is or what works the best usually doesn’t matter.

Despite their depth of knowledge about the game itself, that does not mean they have an eye for talent nor does it mean they have an eye for chemistry… because the overwhelming majority of them absolutely do not have that eye.

Hell, while we are at it, most people in the nba doing the GM job don’t have that eye, regardless if they were players or not. Most GMs just suck ass period.

Lol.

And Larry Legend with the Pacers.

bladefd
02-09-2022, 02:41 PM
I would consider it if okc throws in Mike muscala's expiring contract.

Westbrook + Bazemore + 2027 first for Harris and Muscala. I would have to think seriously about it and see if the salaries work out.

Honor Boost
02-09-2022, 02:45 PM
Same with Jordan.

Lol.

This is why kawhi is the goat

ImKobe
02-09-2022, 02:47 PM
I'd take it. Harris is a solid player and he's been playing better recently and he was really consistent in last year's Playoffs.

beasted
02-09-2022, 03:01 PM
The Lakers wouldn't be a lot better because they would still have no defense and that's the real problem.

Kblaze8855
02-09-2022, 04:27 PM
you must be fun at parties

People seem to think so. I spent so long as a social coward pretending to have charisma in my youth I either gained it for real or am too deep into the act to realize it’s still an act. All I know is I’ve transitioned out of workaholic mode into someone looking to live while I can which is why I struggle reading ish these days.

Trying to explain why I listen to Tex Winter who literally(not figuratively) wrote the book on the Triangle offense about who ran it properly over a dude who milks semen from salmon for farm breeding:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ConcreteFavoriteAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif

?

I can’t do it anymore. Most of the things I think I feel are so obvious the people making me explain them have to be trolling to get a reaction and it just kills the vibe.

fsvr54
02-09-2022, 04:35 PM
People seem to think so. I spent so long as a social coward pretending to have charisma in my youth I either gained it for real or am too deep into the act to realize it’s still an act.

I was the same as a young man just out of high school. Fake it til you make it actually works in terms of gaining confidence in the real world.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2022, 08:45 PM
People are so fixated on getting Westbrook traded that they are willing to entertain offers that make the Lakers even worse :oldlol:

100% they'd be better with this

Russ is basically a negative

Why would Harris have a negative effect?

PeroAntic
02-09-2022, 09:21 PM
The problem isn't whether Harris is better than Westbrook for the Lakers, because he is. Infinitely. But why would the Sixers take Westbrook?

Spurs m8
02-09-2022, 09:37 PM
The problem isn't whether Harris is better than Westbrook for the Lakers, because he is. Infinitely. But why would the Sixers take Westbrook?

It would be OKC getting him

Though I don't see why OKC would want him either.

They're developing Giddey at PG who's way smarter than WB and is a long term solution.

Don't really see WB fitting into the current OKC team

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2022, 09:46 PM

If they can't get Harden Westbrook helps because he gives them a guard that can create offense for himself and for the team. A day or two ago I recall seeing Embiid creating a shot off the dribble from the perimeter late in the game. He shouldn't be Don ng that. He should have a guard that does that and/or feeds him the ball in the post. Westbrook may not defer to him on those post ups as much as he should but he can be that guard that creates offense for himself and others. They would be better off with Harden but if they can't get him Westbrook will be better with that team than he is with LA where he is just a smaller worse shooting and not as clever Lebron.

fourkicks44
02-09-2022, 10:39 PM
Please get this done, Morey, please.

bullettooth
02-09-2022, 10:42 PM
Lakers trying to swindle yet another team...

Why do opposing teams even bother? They should all let this trash team ROT for however long it needs to and not even entertain the idea of making trades with the Lakers.

fourkicks44
02-09-2022, 10:49 PM
Tobias Harris 2018-2022 (341 games)

19.4 PPG / 6.8 RPG / 3.0 APG on 48.2% FG, 38.9% 3PT on 4.6 attempts, and 85% FT [57.71% TS]

Well, he'd definitely fit offensively. He'd be the best 3rd option this Lakers squad has had.

Downsides:

- Has an extra year on contract compared to Russ
- Defense might be an issue? Not sure

His contact is a huge downside. He is by far the most overpaid player in the NBA. His other issues are he doesn't shoot enough threes (way too much midrange game) and he can't get to the free throw line to save his life.

Defense? I wouldn't be too worried. He is passable and will be fine if he has Bron and AD next to him. If he doesn't have to do too much he won't get exposed. I see him struggle sometimes this season but that is due to the extra responsibility he has had without Simmons there.

beasted
02-09-2022, 10:56 PM
We already know LeBron would turn Harris into a spot up shooter. He'd go from averaging 19 on solid efficiency to like 16 on mediocre efficiency and just become a new scapegoat.

bladefd
02-09-2022, 11:55 PM
His contact is a huge downside. He is by far the most overpaid player in the NBA. His other issues are he doesn't shoot enough threes (way too much midrange game) and he can't get to the free throw line to save his life.

Defense? I wouldn't be too worried. He is passable and will be fine if he has Bron and AD next to him. If he doesn't have to do too much he won't get exposed. I see him struggle sometimes this season but that is due to the extra responsibility he has had without Simmons there.

More overpaid than Wall/Westbrook? Both are getting paid like 7-8mill more annually than Harris

fourkicks44
02-10-2022, 12:43 AM
More overpaid than Wall/Westbrook? Both are getting paid like 7-8mill more annually than Harris

One is an MVP and both are all-stars.

Harris is neither and still has years left on his contract

Im Still Ballin
02-10-2022, 12:45 AM

Harris is neither and still has years left on his contract

He'd be pretty sweet playing third fiddle to LeBJ and AD.

PeroAntic
02-10-2022, 11:16 AM

What does this matter? Harris is a better fit for the Lakers and arguably a better player right now.